Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Ikira - The Jatikko

Ikira spared a glance over to Zeleran, shaking her head at the Steltian. The chances of Treize forgetting any of them were minimal at best - even those who had not actively helped to steal the tank they now commanded (such as herself) had long since been declared guilty by association. 

Not that she minded, necessarily; it had turned her life into a dangerous sort of game, providing her with the excitement she had long been denied back in Neuf. 

She glanced down at the rudimentary map built into her mechanical arm, frowning when some of the gears shifted stiffly. She would have to oil them soon.

IC: (Olis/Vingt forest)

Ignoring Kik, Olis listened to Lohi's answer. 

If this was true, he had a potential ally, but there was no way of knowing if he was. Still, he could at least lower the massive cannon pointed at the matoran's head.

Ignoring the question, he asked: "And why did you attack him?" indicated Kik once more. "Or did he attack you?"

Kathok

IC: Lohi (Vingt Rainforest)

Noticing Kik crawling towards the mech suit upon which he stood, Lohi sent one of Shreddah's feet flying at high speed towards the injured Matoran. "He attacked me. He snuck up behind me with his suit cloaked and went all "IAMGOINGTAOKEELYAO". And you still haven't answered my question."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Derkahn (Inside Jatikko)

I lower the bottle, and examine it. Empty, once again. The strong, bitter flavour of the drink lingers in my mouth still, even after I swallowed most of it. Ah, the taste: if only it lasted longer, so I could remain in my momentary and woefully short state of happiness and peace of mind and soul for a while longer.. but no, there is no more drink remaining. I yearn for the sensation of taste to return soon after it departs, but I know that this was the last bottle. My thirst won't be quenched in a while, so in order to avoid the unbearable need, the desire for the positive emotions to return, I must divert my thoughts elsewhere.

I pick up my satchel from the cold metal floor and put the bottle inside: it will make an ideal container for other liquids, so I should save it for later use. I turn around in my chair and look at others. The crew, I'm not very familiar with any of them, for I only recently joined this merry band of looters, but I am interested in learning more about them. The tall being, or the 'commander', talks with Arktinen, the Ko-Matoran about our next destination. Seems like it will be the Nomansland. "So", I ask, "What are we going to do there? I've heard that it has nothing but ruins, rocks and sand." I had been beyond the Ihu mountains only once before, so I knew very ittle about the western wastelands.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Ikira - Jatikko

She turned towards the speaker - a newcomer to their crew, an Onu-Matoran named Derkahn.

Former member of the Seize army, she recalled, casting her thoughts to the introductions that had been made upon the Onu-Matoran's joining of the crew. Got into a fight and got kicked out. Loves his drinks.

"Rumors have been circulating that something is out there," she said. "Something a little more valuable than rocks and sand."

IC: Zekev

"We should see Treize once we crest this slope."

IC: Cor Saeva.

"Well... I could if it weren't for all of this snow," Cor scowled, trying to see through the white wind. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

The long hallway was empty. Several side rooms like the ones near the tunnel were present, but locked. The door to the stairway was broken off it's hinges and hung ajar. Inside, the De-Matoran would've found the only signs of former occupation. Bullet holes and burn marks defaced the walls of the stairwell, remnants of a fight long since finished.

Luckily, the railing and stairs themselves seemed safe enough. Only a few chunks of them were blown out. It was sturdy enough to cast a glance downwards, all the floors below his own were suspended in inky darkness. The harsh blue lighting only present on the top floor. On the second floor, the soft *tap-tap* noise returned. Perhaps drawn by his own noises. He froze as a huge Manas crab came out of the door, it's small eyes were blind and white, a side effect from living in darkness for thousands of years.

It waited on the landing for a moment, eyes lazy and unmoving. It was listening and testing the air, feelers and tongue flicking around. After a moment it turned and scuttled down the corridor. Unable to detect the matoran that had remained absolutely still and silent.

The immediate threat gone, it was possible to hear the same tapping, many bio below on the ground floor. The sound of not one, but perhaps dozens of the creatures.

Any usage of the stairwell was likely to be a risky business.

The gemstone matoran was led up the compound's road, it twisted and turned as it wound it's way up the mountain. Depositing the duo at the dome's base. The guard gave a curt knock before a jovial voice called from within.

"Enter!"

Inside, it was warm and well lit. A small table was lined with papers and books and several scientists and researchers were present. Dressed in simple white coats and with warm drinks in hand. An absolutely enormous vortixx sat at the head of the table, the owner of the loud and boisterous voice. In his younger years he was quite the physical specimen, now his musculature was covered in fat and his figure rounded off, giving the appearance of a hibernating bear rather than an apex predator. Sgt Logan gestured for Shard to take a seat. The tablets he had recovered earlier were spread out before him.

...but close to it

IC: Sora - Jatikko

"What sorts of things lie out there in Nomans?" Sora asked blankly, eyes shifting from disgust to disinterest to... Something; it was often hard to get a feel for Sora's mood besides "###### my life" or "###### this" or " that" or whatever. "What did the rumors say?" She surveyed the Armor's interior, glancing over each member of the crew before turning her gaze back to her station.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Shard/Treize - Northern Treize Observatory

He sat down, all the while adjusting his cloak. His face, nontransparent, was the only thing exposed. He was very calm on the outside, when he was extremely anxious on the inside.

"So...please tell me what you want to show me about these tablets..."

IC: Oblitus - Ascension. 

The De-Matoran kept moving, launcher balanced across his arm like before, his smart-tablet light turned on to illuminate what lay before him. He powered up his EDD, absorbing the sound around him to shroud himself in silence. As long as he was careful, he could make it through hopefully without pissing off the local wildlife. 

If there were this many Manas here, they had to be guarding something. And whatever that something was, he wanted it. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks). 

Lufon waited impatiently for the operation to begin in earnest. He paced back and forth outside the barracks, watching as messengers scurried back and forth, and interested parties arrive. So much for this being a secret mission.

OOC: Lufon open for interaction.

IC Kat/ Seize wilderness

It was nearly dawn, I'd been slogging through this all night.

I'd stopped by Seize itself to pick up some ammunition, and a bite to eat, before heading back out. 

I never had felt comfortable in the cities. The open roads, and the wildlands, that was my home.

Well, mine and all the Karzing bandits.

I'd already used four shells scaring off several light tanks that had taken interest in me as potential pickings.

Most of the guys out here were small time, and really only went after the miners, since their suits were less difficult to damage and destroy.

An explosion rocked me in my mech, snapping me back to the present.

I looked left out the viewport, and to my surprise, there was a Medium Armor bearing down on me.

I smiled, finally, a challenge.

I gunned Legion's engine, and she rumbled like a giant awaking from slumber. I strafed right, swinging the clawed left arm out as the Armor passed, tearing deep gouges in the thick steel.

Their second gunner scored a series of hits along the legs of Legion, large, heavy iron pellets. An Elemental cannon.

They must be trying to cripple the old girl.

My smile grew.

I opened up with my own EL cannon, boiling away at their armor, and debilitating the crew inside. Armors were a lot like ovens, and I was a Ta-matoran. The metal of their tank glowed orange, and I followed up with a burst from the Disc launchers as they sped away with a Kakama powered engine. 

Good, give me some space.

The discs took small chunks out of the weakened metal, and I leveled the greypowder cannon.

BOOM

They fired first, the turret spinning around, and a large shell spinning straight at me.

There wasn't enough time to change course, so I hunkered down, bracing for the impact.

WHAM

The earth churned around me, and dirt covered my view screen.

They missed?!

I frowned, moving to the left, back the way I'd come. A panicked shot. It had impacted far to my right. I took aim through the smoke, and fired.

My own shell flew straight and true, tearing their turret apart, and likely killing one of them.

The other tank wobbled, then veered off, fleeing with Kakama speed. I let them go.

That last shell made five.

I cursed silently, I'd just stocked up, and was already halfway through my feed.

I made a note to stop if I saw any undisturbed Armors.

The jungles of Vingt were ahead.

The hard part started now.

OOC: Kat open for interaction on the Seize/Vingt border.

• Upvote 1

GM
"As you may know. There have been renewed rumors of treasure in the west. One of the tablets you brought back contained information on two of them."

The sergeant unfurled a map, laying it on the table. Aside from the facility labelled "Ascension," there were two more markings. One on the southern reefs of Ertrunken, the other on the far northern shore of Motara.
IMCvQ87.jpg

"Previously, we only knew the rough locations of codenames "Burial" and "Circadian", your find gave us brief descriptions of both." He tapped a clawed hand on the tablet before him, it had long lines of archaic text on it, similar to the script that Oblitus had seen in Ascension, but much more primitive and squared off. To the uninitiated, it would've been impossible to read.

"Burial is contained in an old fortress in southern Ertrunken. As you may know, that zone is a highly toxic swamp. The reefs poisoned by runoff from the weaponry used in the old wars. For this reason, armor and supplies need to be specially equipped and guarded against contamination. The text describes the fortress as a castle, much smaller than the tall buildings of Motara and northern Ertrunken. It is built on a large and isolated island, some means of crossing the inter-reef water will be necessary."

He drew a circle around the northern landmark. "Circadian is less clear. It is either the name of an object contained within a lighthouse, or the name of the lighthouse itself. It matches up with descriptions of a landmark that pirates and smugglers hiding in Motara have long spoken of, they make some tall claims about the place. That it's connection to our reality is rather sketchy or unstable. I have my doubts this is possible. A worthy vessel will need to be chartered, we believe a voyage around the island will prove safer than traversing the whole of nomansland."

Returning his gaze to Shard, he spoke in a lighter tone. "As thanks for this find, we'd like to offer you the choice of traveling with the party to either of these locations. As well as a fair share of any valuables found therein."

OOC: If you want to get in on these journeys, feel free to respond to Treize's call for mercenaries. Described in detail here.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Somewhere cold.

"If you think you can do a better job, kindly do so." Cor hissed, "I don't particularly want to accidentally drive off a cliff." 

IC: Zekev

Zekev laughed.

"Now now, I'm not saying it's your fault, what I meant was that you would probably drive straight up to them and scare them if we saw them first, with you as the driver. That's not a good idea. These people are... Prickly.

"And that incident was a n accident, okay? We came out fine!"

"Like I said, if..." she trailed off, seeing a structure looming up out of the whiteness ahead. "Looks like we might nearly be there." 

"I'm not sure if I can work with groups...and if I would go to Burial, I would need a new Exo-suit and armor for myself that can resist corrosion and acid. As well as anticorrosive chemicals."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"It's about karzdamned time." she muttered. 

GM

Sgt Logan frowned at Shard. "It is an extremely dangerous mission. We're not looking to revamp your exosuit with valuable armor and weaponry and send you off alone to die. We are hiring several mercenaries to serve as the vanguard for a small team of scientists and military... We do owe you for the information, so if you insist on flying solo, I will allow it. But I highly recommend you reconsider."

Within Ascension, Oblitus was able to descend the stairwell safely. Any Manas he saw were clearly agitated, he could not erase his scent or the vibrations from his movement, but bereft of sight and sound, they did not attack. The stairwell did not descend into the basement, instead it opened into a lobby on the ground floor. His tablet lit the small room, but the darkness beyond was absolute.

The map had shown a stairway to the basement in south-eastern most corner, the stairwell was approximately in the middle. Other areas of interest had been Security, Lost/Found and Main Office, a row of three rooms on the western wall. Directly to his north was the Antechamber and further on, the Main Doors. They opened onto the icy plain he had seen from the ridge.

Zekev and Cor Saeva were greeted by a wide mountain valley. Onto the northern cliff face, the various civilian buildings of Treize climbed. Stacked on row on top of the other and angling with the rock and ice behind them. Long and well maintained stairways were carved at the sides and through the middle of the cliff, providing access to higher floors. The warm light of crude incandescent bulbs and fireplaces shining through closed curtains gave off a cozy feel.

Further into the valley, the buildings were lower and built onto the opposite wall. Fortified with thick walls and heavy armor built into some sections of the mountain. Gunners in the armor would have a clear view of the valley's entrance, a perfect spot to rain shells down on hostiles, already bottlenecked by the narrow mountain roads.

Past the valley lay more military buildings and the numerous ancient observatories, obscured by the snow at the moment. They became further and further spaced as the mountains grew lower. Eventually turning back to steppes at the border of Ertrunken.

...but close to it

"...."

I thought about this for a while...although I could try to say anything to get my way, it probably wouldn't work. And he was also right about going solo. Leading a team could give some well needed leadership experience. As much as I despised interaction, I had no choice.

"...Without any proper military/exploration experience, they will need someone to lead them. I guess there's no choice but me, huh?" I said with a smile. "Sign me up."

IC Kat/ Tringt Jungle

Let me get one thing straight here, I hate the jungle.

It's wet and hot and sticky and when you're piloting two tons of walking metal through it, it sucks.

I'm sweating like a Mahi in this thing, and the old girl doesn't do so well in thick vegetation.

hate the jungle.

But, I needed work, and Vingt was my best shot at this point.

I sure as Karz couldn't go back to Treize.

I wiped my view screen for the umpteenth time, and kept on trudging.

OOC: Kat open for interaction.

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize.

"Of course I did," Cor replied, "what kind of copilot would I be if I hadn't?" 

IC: Oblitus - Ascension.

The De-Maotran weighed up his options. He intended to visit the basement at some point. Chances were that whatever treasures this place would be hidden well, buried deep. But it wouldn't heard to search some of the other rooms while he was here. 

Security sounded like the right place to start. 

"No, you don't." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize Gates.

"Finally," Cor exclaimed, stopping the Ash Hound at the gates.  

GM

A grimace formed on Sgt Logan's face. "Well lad, you aren't quite ready for leadership, I'm sorry to say. But I am going to have you reporting directly to the leaders of the operation. They know of your exceptional scouting and solo exploration skills and you'll be well respected, make no mistake." His expression softened, "but. Do well here and I'm sure my superiors will kick a couple bones your way! More widgets, better lodging on the Northface. Not to mention a share of whatever we find out on the reefs."

He stood, beckoning for Shard and the others to do so. "You are to report back here at 900 hundred hours, tomorrow morning. That'll give you the night to pack, rest up and ready yourself. From there you'll receive a mission briefing. Meeting dismissed."

Signs of battle were everywhere on the ground floor, shattered chunks of metal and concrete littered the ground. Small piles of bone and armor lay under fallen pillars or bookcases, both of which seemed to be in great supply here. If Ascension resembled anything Oblitus had seen before, it was a library. More specifically, a government or military library. Row upon row of books and records. Much of it was in the same difficult to read squareform script. Translation would be time intensive. Doing so in the Manas infested building was out of the question.

The Security room was discernible by a soft blue glow, the door was open. Inside was a whole wall of screens, like an enormous array of smart tablets. The control consoles were either hidden in had a form that the De-Matoran would not recognize. Most of the screens were black or displayed static. The ones that were on showed numerous hallways and rooms. Including the one he was in, a camera somewhere above and in front of him showing his own distorted figure and the inky dark room behind him.

A large filing cabinet was laying, front side down, to the left of the door. It would be awfully noisy to move it... On the wall behind it hung a ring of keys. Perhaps a dozen in total.

A surly fe-matoran, clad in a standard issue Exo-suit (awfully similar to the gatekeeper at Neuf...) raised his chain-halberd at the sight of the Ash Hound.

"State yer purpose!" He announced, rather unenthusiastically.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Security Room. 

On his way towards the security room, Oblitus investigated some of the crushed corpses, grabbing a few pieces of the unique-looking armour as souvenirs, stuffing the chunks into his pack. He also took a few of the smaller books before finally heading into the room itself. The armour and books had no value to him, but they might be worth quite a bit to someone else... 

Once inside the security room, the keys caught his eye immediately. If he could get those, anyone who came here after him would be at a disadvantage. But the cabinet was in the way, and the noise would more than likely attract those Manas. He weighed up his options, finally deciding it was still worth the risk.

He closed the security room door before drawing his sword and jamming it under the cabinet, bracing his shoulder against it and shoving it over... to crash loudly agaisnt the door, pinning it in place and hopefully stopping the Manas from getting in after him. He snatched up the keys, then started rifling through the cabinet's drawers, looking for that could be of use to him. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick