Jump to content

Matoran und Panzer


Not Quite Dead
 Share

Recommended Posts

IC: Suko (Ihu Foothills)

 

Grumbling still, I wake up with a searing hangover. I nearly fall to the ground when I realize where I am- in a makeshift hammock slung between the branches of two trees. Through the axe of pain in my head, I vaguely remember making this late in the night through a drink-fuelled haze. I jump out of it, landing roughly on the forest floor, and lie there for a few seconds muttering. I get up and shoot down my hammock with a few balls of fire before bundling it up and slinging it over my shoulder as I continue my trek back towards Treize.

 

OOC: Suko open to... GM shenanigans. :D

GM OOC: Shenanigans approved.

GM IC: ???

If Suko was paying close enough attention to the ground during his journey, he would soon come across a fairly decent sized gem sticking out amongst the dirt.

Perhaps it was worth something?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaleva

 

Kaleva hopped down, and ran after the others towards the exit. "Well, that's one way to beat a puzzle!"

Pu32xij.png


^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^


Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.


 


Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona


Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan


Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares


 


Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM OOC: Shenanigans approved.

OOC: :happydance:

 

IC:  Suko (Ihu Foothills)

 

"#####!" I curse, foot catching on something. I faceplant the hard dirt, my hammock spilling itself out across the path like a large raccoon skin saying 'Hey! ##### you!" I slowly pick myself up again, grumbling, when the cause of my tripping catches my eye. Being the mercurial fellow I am, I reach towards the gem with my left hand, intending to snatch it from the dirt.

VBWj75sh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC: ???

The earth gave way quite easily in response to Suko's attempt to pull the stone from its clutches, and the object of his desire soon rested in the palm of his hand. Its aquamarine coloring shined brightly in the sunlight as a slight breeze blew through the branches of the adjacent trees, holding the Matoran's attention for a brief moment until they became still once more. As the gem's surface began to grow darker, however, not all of the light disappeared; a small gleam could be seen through it, indicating that there was another reflective object lying on the ground just a few steps deeper into the jungle.

With the surrounding area seemingly clear of danger for the moment, there would be little harm in at least checking it out...

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Suko (Ihu Foothills)

 

I frown, chucking the gem into my hammock and wrapping the whole thing into a bundle which I then sling over my shoulder, rigging a small strap to hold it diagonally across my chest. With this done, I foray into the trees, a fireball held warily in my hand.

VBWj75sh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC:

The main office was quite obviously designed for some one twice or even thrice the size of Oblitus. Desk, furniture and chairs were tall utilitarian and vaguely imposing in the low light. A cursory search would turn up two things. A map of the island, unlike the maps of modern times it was large, held onto the wall with magnetic furnishings and incredibly detailed. The square-script listed cities, regions, borders and a fair deal of topography.

                                                                                      Facility 1                                                                                                                                               Facility 2

Of note would be the location he was in, labelled as Ascension. On the far western end of the map on a lonely little peninsula was a location labelled PHAROS.

 

The other item was a key of sorts, but not like any Oblitus would've ever seen. It was thin, like a playing card and a very deep purple. Phosphorescent purple letters read out

:b: :a:. He would recall the elevator possessing a slot of similar size. Perhaps it would activate some further function?

 

* * *

 

In the next room, the party of the Jattiko would find themselves in a similarly sized room, though it was far emptier. A few stray pieces of rock and metal littered the ground. In the center was a waist height pedestal with a hand sized button.

 

The door sealed behind the last one in and a row of lights came on, bathing the area in intensely bright artificial sunlight. On the far wall a hologram had popped up, it displayed a ticking clock

 

00:10

 

00:09

 

00:08

 

...

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Ascension Basement)

 

"Dis ain' good," I mutter.

 

I consider suggesting we make a run for the stairs while we stay on the ceiling, but Olis looks strained and I'm not sure we'll make it. Of course, despite all our power, I'm not so sure we'll last in a fight.

 

Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

 

I call upon the great power within me and extend my hands upward, creating large streams of fire and raking them back and forth across the manas.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

 

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

 

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

 

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC: 

 

The searing heat and the roar of the flames drove the Manas back, and the gigantic crabs began to retreat back up the stairs. But they would be back, and their robotic compatriot was still in the vault, trying to pull itself free of the gravity well.

 

The two Toa needed to find a way out of here, and fast....

____________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Main Office.

 

A second facility.... I was torn. Part of me wanted nothing more than to leave, and try to live a comfortable life for however long I had before Ascension made his move... but greed got the better of me. A second facility meant more loot. 

 

Plus, I was beginning to enjoy exploring these old ruins. My curiosity wouldn't let me give up without finding out everything I could. With that, I snatched up the keycard and started heading towards the last elevator I'd seen. Perhaps it would let me activate the mechanism without the help of a Ba-elemental... 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt.

 

"This button powers it up," I explained to the engineer as I escorted him through the cockpit. "Do not press it, ever. We don't know what might happen if you turn this thing on while it's being disassembled."

 

"Understood, sir. Was there anything else?"

 

"No." I replied, "Just make sure you put it back together properly, and find out everything you can about what this thing is, and how it works." I slid down the ladder and headed up a stairwell to my office overlooking the room. It was time to find out what Silat's orders were....

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kat:

 

I frowned.

 

"Alright, let's move in and find our man. If it's moving and it ain't ours, shoot it."

 

I levelled my own rifle and moved down the tunnel toward the yelling Matoran.

 

This didn't seem right. Rahi kill for food. Heck even spiders completely kill their prey.

 

Why hadn't this thing killed and eaten the other soldiers already....?

 

"Eyes open."

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC:

 

The answer to Kat's question was quite simple: it wasn't stupid.

 

The Hadals had driven it away, trapped it in the tunnels with barely any food for years. Now that the tunnel was open and new prey had entered its domain, it knew better than to squander it all at once.

 

And, just as it had hoped, more prey had come...

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Olis - Ascension

"Which...is...the way...out?" I ask, my voice strained through gritted teeth as we hover inches from the ceiling.

 

IC: Zeleran - Circadian

The steltian's mind went into overdrive, time seeming to slow. They had a few seconds until the timer ran out, but...the timer running out didn't necessarily mean something negative. In fact, pressing the button could be the thing to cause a negative outcome. On the other hand, it could be a double bluff, and the button could really open the door or stop an attack. Or it could be a triple bluff. Or a quadruple bluff.  In other words, there was no way of knowing. But if not pressing the button did cause an attack, they might be able to handle it. Likewise, if they missed the opportunity to open the door using the button, they could likely work round it.

The steltian shook his head as he realized the same was true of the reverse.

But a decision had to be made, no matter how uninformed it was. They didn't have time to examine the button more closely, or even destroy it. Perhaps they would be right whatever they chose, or perhaps they would die whatever they chose. But one thing Zeleran had learnt in his life was that whatever you did, you did it with certainty.

His voice rang loud and clear: "Do not touch that button!"

.


Kathok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Ascension Basement)

 

I look around the room for anything that might be an exit. We can't go up the stairs, and I don't recall there being any exit in the other room. There has to be something in here...

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

 

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

 

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

 

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Carth:

 

Carth pushed the button.

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC: 

 

Unfortunately, since Einefus and Olis were in the basement, the stairs were the only way up, and out. Thanks to the earlier fireball, the stairwell was currently clear of Manas, although it was only a matter of time before they started making their way back down again...

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Carth:

 

"What I had to know what it di-"

 

BANG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"MY ARM!"

 

Carth blacked out, now missing most of his right arm.

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC: ???

Upon reaching his destination, Suko would soon come to realise that right in front of his feet was - you guessed it - another gem! Only this time, if he were to bend over to pick it up, he would soon discover the remnants of an old path that, from the looks of it, had been cut into the foliage some decades prior for reasons unknown. Dotted along said path were more reflections of light amongst the ground, the spacing between them growing shorter and shorter as the trail continued to wind itself deeper into the jungle.

It was almost as if it was some kind of gesture from fate, tempting him to follow with every step he took. The real question, however, was whether the Matoran would turn back with the prizes he had already obtained, or take a risk and continue venturing forward in the hopes of increasing his wealth. 

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: IKIRA

 

The Su-Matoran grimly spared Carth a wary glance, taking a step back as Arkie's ice wall appeared (as well as the Nui-Rama). She retreated back to stand next to Zeleran.

 

"My apologies for that rather... rash reaction, sir," she said stiffly. "The others must be made aware that teamwork is absolutely necessary, and that the chain of command must be followed. It appears that pushing the button summoned that creature - we should leave it be as you said, and either defeat out outlast the creature. That should allow us to move on."

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/007lewa/bzpgot/sig.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ICCarth:

 

"Wha....huh?

 

 

 

Oooh..... What....what happened? Are we dead?"

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ic: Grēgorios

Grēgorios hammered the comm out of sheer frustration, before sighing and putting his head between his hands, his exo following suit. He pushed the comm-link button

"Well, I think we better set off for those coordinates." He said to the rest of the group.

"Did anybody remember them though?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Zeleran - Circadian

Zeleran let out a short and sharp sigh of extreme exasperation. "While that may be true, Ikira, we cannot afford to lose any more team members. While I appreciate that you had the crew's interests at heartlight, we will now have to heal him. Search our supplies for medical equipment, the rest of us will hold off the beast."

The beast in question appeared to be made of hard-light, and was advancing rapidly. "Once again, no-one is to touch the button!" the steltian shouted as he fired a Weakens kanoka at the Jaga's head. Pressing the button obviously summoned an enemy while re-setting the timer, or at least that would be the case if this room functioned logically, which, of course, it might not.

 

IC: Olis - Ascension

My words come out fast and quiet: "I'll guide us up the stairs, but you'll need to propel us up with flames too." Painfully ponderously, we start to float up the stairway.

.


Kathok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Arkie (C i r c a d i a n  P u z z l e  T h r e e)

 

"Err... No, we aren't dead. Ikira shot you. But come on, save your energy- we're about to begin patching you up, okay?"

 

IC: Suko (Ihu Foothills)

 

"Time to be an idiot an' follow this," I growl, following the trail into the forest, making sure to stop and pick each and every one up.

VBWj75sh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: IKIRA

 

Frowning, the Su-Matoran nonetheless nodded.

 

"Of course, commander," she replied. "I apologize - desperate and drastic measures were, I felt, called for. If pushing that button had caused the roof to cave in or the room to explode, we would all now be dead. We must keep in mind that the challenges will very likely increase in difficulty and danger as we continue to proceed."

 

Strapping her shotgun onto her back, Ikira hurried over to stand beside Arkie, making sure to both avoid the Nui-Rama and remain in Arkie's line of sight as she did so. She glanced down at Carth before turning to the second in command of the Jatikko crew.

 

"I didn't grab any medical supplies; only what I had on me before we were captured," she said. "Did you have any in your packs, or did someone else grab them?"

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/007lewa/bzpgot/sig.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Ascension Basement)

 

I don't bother to respond; I just hold my arms back and downward and spew jets of flame out of my hands, quickening our movement upward. Shouldn't take us long to reach the top, though I don't think we will particularly enjoy what's at the top.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

 

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

 

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

 

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM IC: Treize Expeditionary Force - Following Logan's Trail

The five Matoran eventually came to a stop as they reached their destination, staying inside the lush vegetation so they could figure out just what exactly went on without rushing immediately into a potential firefight themselves. Hearing the snap of a twig from behind them, Kain immediately spun his Exo-Suit around and prepared his Gatling Blasters, only to discover Shard approaching their position from behind.

"Shard? Looks like you arrived just in time for the party," the Ta-Matoran said as he lowered his weapons. " Sorry about the jog, kid; distress call from Logan. You still have the sword, right?"

Pe Ell shot an unsettling glance towards him, saying nothing as he waited for his response.

 

GM IC: ???

Arriving at the location indicated by the coordinates, the Rescue Party would soon find themselves inside of a reasonably large clearing; one that, according to their maps, should've still been filled with plantlife. What they found instead, however, was a sight slightly more disturbing.

Wrecked vehicles of all shapes and sizes were scattered about the area, some covered in rust after years without maintenance, and others with their vital components strewn across the ground as if their pilots had come across the area thinking that they were safe only to be surprised by some kind of ambush before succumbing to the ensuing battle that followed. The remains of a lone Exo-Suit could be found nearby, missing both an arm and its opposite leg as what was left of the cockpit was half-buried in its position on the ground by warped fragments of metal. In the center of this junkyard stood a massive tree bare of leaves, its trunk easily as wide as a heavily armored tank with long, dead looking branches stretching up high into the sky.

All that remained was the one question that had seemingly been left unanswered; if this area had previously seen battle, then where were the bodies?

 

GM IC: ???

As Suko continued onward, he would soon find that the trail eventually came to an end near a hollowed out log, or one that appeared to be, anyway. Upon further examination, the other end seemed to be blocked off by something that had previously been wedged inside of it...

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Shard/Forest

My hands went up in the air as soon as Kain turned around. But when he relented I calmed down.

"Yeah. But keep it a secret between us okay. The sword doesn't really want any attention right now," I whispered.

I formed a crystal blade and a spear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...