Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: (Olis/Vinft forest)

Karz, why couldn't people just stop playing bloody games for onc--

--Mech. Another one, just beyond the trees, just arrived. heading this way.

Olis swung Purple's cannons - one stuffed with greypowder shells, the other charged by elemental gravity - round at the newcomer.

"I mean you no harm." he said, against all evidence. "Show yourself."

Kathok

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko/ Neuf Grasslands)

"Awesome! Might as well get a bit of a nap whilst we're going; it's some rough going over to the northern Ihu highway. I'll be in the turret if you need me," Arktinen said happily, deftly returning up the ladder to her seat in the turret, where she proceeded to close her eyes and fall asleep.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Ikira - Jatikko

Ikira glanced over at the map, flipping a switch before holding her hand out in a silent request for the connector cable - after all, what was the point in navigating them to their destination if she did not have all of the tools required?

She noted briefly that they had reached Neuf - outwardly, she did not react, although she could not help the disdain that filled her upon realizing that she was back in her old home.

IC Kat/ Vingt jungle

Hands on the controls, I spoke up carefully.

"Buncha guys standing over a busted Suit with weapons pointed at each other don't make a very friendly impression. And I'm definitely not walking into that unprepared."

I noticed the Ga-Matoran and his mech matched the description I'd seen on the bounty board in Neuf.

Just my luck, I run into one of the other most wanted people out here in the Karzing jungle.

"What happened to him?" I asked, gesturing with the Clawed arm at the downed Suit.

IC Kat/ Vingt jungle

"Kathrine. Merc."

Equally blunt.

I took in the situation.

The downed mech was mangled, its cockpit torn open.

The Ga matoran's mech, on the other hand, was visibly un damaged.

The downed mech's pilot was half dead, and still wanted back into his Suit. He was either scared or zealous beyond belief.

There was only one conclusion.

"You're lying to save your own hide, Ga-Matoran. If he attacked you, there'd be signs of it. All I see is his Exo torn up on the ground."

I shifted Legion to a more stable stance.

"But for argument's sake, let's say he did attack you first. You clearly took care of it, and he isn't a threat anymore. What's keeping you here?"

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize.

"I always act mysterious," I reminded him, "it'd be horribly unprofessional if I didn't." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

As the Ash Hound drove away, the guard radioed his superior.

"Couple'a supiscious lookin' folk coming yer way. Claimed to be "turnin' in a bounty." I'm thinkin' it's might' more likely they're the ones with the bounty on 'em." He relayed the details on the vortixx, skakdi and their armor. "Over and out." His radio lay silent for perhaps half a minute. A crackle of static announced an incoming transmission.

"Copy. Over and out."

The filing cabinet contained several documents. Some were illegible or unimportant. The only one worth keeping was a small scrap of paper, matching doors around the facility to the keys that Oblitus had come into possession of. Any celebration was cut off by a loud crash, the filing cabinet flung back at the wall of screens, taking him with it.

An enormous claw grabbed the walls next to the now broken door, bending them outwards with a terrible screeching noise. Any resistance clearly meaningless for the giant crustecean. The Manas' sightless eye-stalks dangled lazily. It's feelers and tongue probbed the air. Behind it, metallic shells and pincers glinted in the soft light from the screens.

Luckily for the De-Matoran, he was not caught under the filing cabinet, one of the drawers was bent open and provided him room to manuever. The Manas had not pinpointed his location.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Security Office. 

I picked myself up off the floor, head spinning. I should've realised that the manas were slightly stronger than a filing cabinet, but it had bought me the time I needed; that was all that mattered. Now... how to get out of here?

I raised my launcher, recalling a trick I'd used before in caves to confuse the rahi that lived in them. I channeled my powers into a disk and aimed over the crab, at one of the bookshelves, then fired. It flew past the crustacean and ricocheted loudly off the wall, before bouncing off the floor and crashing into something out of sight, the power I'd imbued it with amplifying the noise it made in the otherwise quiet room.

Hopefully that would be enough to get the crabs away from me. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zekev

"Alright, here's the inn."

We two vagabonds entered the building, and the first thing that hit me was the stench.

I mean, wow. It was bad. Like someone had left Ruki out in the sun and forgot to bring it in.

Maybe that's how it got its name...

The second thing I noticed was that the interior was pretty well-furnished. It's not some swanky joint, but there's definitely a bit of effort put into the deco.

The common room was populated with fellas hunched over their tables and talking in low voices. None seemed to look up as we entered.

This is already giving me bad vibes.

"This is already giving me bad vibes."

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Inn)

"You don't say?" I replied snidely, hands inching towards my blunderbusses. 

GM

Unfortunately for Oblitus, the Manas were a particularly intelligent species. Long lived, with good memory, recollection and sharp instincts. The beast had heard the report of a disk launcher, long before. It correctly identified the source of the sound as the De-Matoran. Smashing the cabinet aside, it picked him up by the left shoulder. Preparing to decapitate him with it's right claw.

On the other side of the screens, an onlooker observed the Manas and it's prey. Truth be told, they had been bored and deprived of interaction for a long time. A very long time. Out of curiosity, it stopped the Manas from crushing the De-Matoran's neck to pulp, instead, it dropped him onto the floor. Instantly shifting to a blank and docile stance. Behind the matoran, a small electronic *click* can be heard from the screen. A noise of prompting. Before him, a holographic keyboard has materialized. It features the same squareform script as the rest of Ascension. The screen contains a blinking message.

WHO ARE YOU .

In Seize and Vingt, the military barracks were slowly filling. Officers and soldiers from far and wide reporting in for mission briefing. The stages were still empty and dark, the contrasting figures of Silat and Rickert putting the finishing touches on their speeches and giving time for the stragglers to arrive.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Security Room.

I picked myself up off the floor, groaning as pain lanced through my shoulder. I rolled it a few times, making sure it still worked, before looking back at the screen, wary of the Manas still standing right behind me. WHO ARE YOU. 

I looked at the keyboard, frowning. I didn't know much of this language, but I had taken some notes in preparation for my journey here. I pulled up those notes on my tablet, skimming through them to find the letters that corresponded with me own name, typing them in on the unfamiliar keyboard.

OBLITUS. 

I thought about my answer for a long while before typing it, consulting my notes to make sure I did it right. I had no idea who or what was down here talking to me, but if I didn't want its pet crab to dismember me on the spot, I needed to keep it interested. 

TO UNDERSTAND. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks).

"Unfortunately, yes," I growled, "this one doesn't seem to understands the words superior or order."

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks).

I smirked at Mokeron's suggestion. Cleaning the lavatories was tame in comparison to what I had in mind for him. "That has to be the single most pathetic excuse I've heard for insubordination. Ever." I all but snarl, "If I hear you spreading such lies about me again, I'll leave you in a worse condition than your suit." 

I glower at him, my eyes blazing through the slits in my mask. "Now get out of my sight." 

No one fit the description of our 'friend'.

"Hmm, doesn't seem to be here. How do we smoke him out?"

IC: Mokeron

I turned away from the recruit, looking up into the Commander's masked face.

"Sir, the Inferno is prepped and awaiting your orders."

The Commander was taking too long. If we didn't hurry, Seize might take our price from us.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize 

"Loudly announce who we are and wait for someone to start running away?" I suggested, only half-joking. While it might work, there was always the possibility that there were others in the room who were aware of the bounty who'd attack us the moment we identified ourselves.

I decided to leave it up to Zekev to decide what we should do. 

I cursed. Question. I had a lot of questions right now, but whatever was on the other side of the screens was telling me to ask my question, singular. I had a feeling if I didn't do what it was telling me to, the crab still standing behind me might do something nasty... like separating me from my torso. 

I settled for the most prominent query in my mind, the one I craved the answer to. These ruins had been abandoned for millenia, yet here I was, communicating with an intelligence of some kind. It begged the question: 

WHO/WHAT ARE YOU? 

It took me a moment to process what I was seeing on the screen. Ascension... but the building was called Ascension. Was the unknown being communicating with me trying to say that it was named after the building, or that the building was named out of it? Or... the realisation hit me like a blow flying filing cabinet (I know what that feels like, and if bloody well hurts). 

No one could have survived down in this place for so many untold centuries. Only the structure itself remained standing, and that led me to one conclusion: there was no unknown being. Somehow, I was talking to the structure itself. 

I consulted my translation notes and typed up my response. 

YOU ARE ASCENSION? THIS WHOLE BUILDING - EVERYTHING AROUND ME - IS YOU? 

"Now come on, I can only pull one underwhelming trick a day. Let's see now..."

I hopped on over to the barkeep.

"Hey-"

"Buy something or get out."

I sighed inwardly and outwardly. Not a good start.

"We're here to turn in a bounty. Says I should meet with a certain Matoran, but forgive me if I can't tell y'all apart," I gave my best(that is to say, worst) grin.

"He's the fella with the two ladies. And buy something."

"Something even better," I said, tossing a five widget coin to him.

"If you could refrain from pulling your little crossbow under the table and shooting my head off, as well as not report to your government buddies, I've got more where that came from."

I leaned in to the other Skakdi.

"And I'll maybe even buy a drink."

After a few more sentences to confirm our trade, I swept up a jacket that was left alone and covered my face up with the collar. I signalled to Cor to follow.

"Hello friend. Good to see ya!"

The Matroan, grizzled and missing an eye, looked up from his lady friends and frowned at me.

"Who're you, slug-back?"

I almost smiled, but managed to keep it under control.

"I'm here to turn in a bounty o'mine, friend! A good big one too."

The Matoran pushed the two women away and stood up.

"Don't call me friend till we've gone through ###### for each other.

"Trust me, I have. I'm here to turn in a bounty for two tankers. A certain Zekev and Cor Saeva."

"An' where might they be?"

A good thing my trade with the bartender included his crossbow. Underneath the jacket, I aimed it at him, pushing it out into the light just enough for him to see the quarrel's tip.

"Here we are. Now, unless you want this just inside your throat, leading to a pretty painful end for you, you'll come with us quietly and outside. Now."

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Bar).

I tilted my head back enough for the guy to see my wicked smile. His face went white with fear. 

My smile grew wider.