Would it be against the rules to change my username to 'BZPower&#3

Jobber

I feel like representing something I visit often.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I... don't think it's specifically banned? As long as it's understood that you don't officially represent the site, it'd probably be fine

Might be a little silly to name yourself after the site but that's up to your discretion

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I mean... I don't think they've ever mentioned you can't do that, but just because you can doesn't mean you should...

I don't know. Looks like we need a Staffies word here...

• Upvote 1

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I don't know that it is stated in the rules anywhere, but I can tell you with confidence that it is a bad idea and you shouldn't do it. If you start identifying yourself as another entity/website, you can quickly create problems for the website(s) you are functionally posing as. Anything you say, any opinion you give, or any view you express could easily be misconstrued by someone else to be representative of the views/opinions of the entity your namesake is copying.

tl;dr: If you take on the name "BZPower" and then go somewhere and say "lol ninjago sux", people reading it could think that BZPower hates Ninjago instead of you individually. That's a no-no.

Takuma Nuva

• Upvote 4

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

I don't know that it is stated in the rules anywhere, but I can tell you with confidence that it is a bad idea and you shouldn't do it. If you start identifying yourself as another entity/website, you can quickly create problems for the website(s) you are functionally posing as. Anything you say, any opinion you give, or any view you express could easily be misconstrued by someone else to be representative of the views/opinions of the entity your namesake is copying.

tl;dr: If you take on the name "BZPower" and then go somewhere and say "lol ninjago sux", people reading it could think that BZPower hates Ninjago instead of you individually. That's a no-no.

Takuma Nuva

So I CAN do it, but I SHOULDN'T because of moral/representative problems? Hmm, sounds about right. Thanks.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Takuma Nuva

So I CAN do it, but I SHOULDN'T because of moral/representative problems? Hmm, sounds about right. Thanks.

I think that was a nice way of saying don't do it. I really don't think any good can come from it.

• Upvote 1

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Takuma Nuva

I think that was a nice way of saying don't do it. I really don't think any good can come from it.

I know? I wasn't being sarcastic about it.

I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't 'lose' any proto or anything if I did as my topic says.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You should change your name to TheBionicleWiki :D

I might do that.

So the consensus is that it's NOT against the rules (yet, hah), but it's pretty frowned upon to change my username to 'BZPower' and such? Got it. I think my question has been answer.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It isn't the best course of action for changing your username. If you really want to get silly but remain a bit safer, then change your name to something like "Black Seven" or "DeeVeeDee".

I like those ideas so much. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It isn't the best course of action for changing your username. If you really want to get silly but remain a bit safer, then change your name to something like "Black Seven" or "DeeVeeDee".

Uh...don't do that.

"Do not impersonate other members. Do no choose similar display names, copy the avatars, profile pictures, signatures, or other information of another member without their permission."

• Upvote 2

Uh...don't do that.

"Do not impersonate other members. Do no choose similar display names, copy the avatars, profile pictures, signatures, or other information of another member without their permission."

Whoops. My apologies for suggesting that. I think I'll re-read the guidlines... <_<

Uh...don't do that.

Alright, so this basically answers my question. 

te0FrhT.jpg