Wildlife of Okoto

Nescent

Clearly this man believes he is a part of the Lego group. Well done, these are the coolest things I've seen built with the new sets! And thank you for giving us instructions too I cannot wait to build!

Thank you, means a lot! I wasn't sure if it would be worth it to spend so much time making instructions, glad people are building them :P 

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Wow! These are all amazing. Kind of makes me sad because the official combiners are not NEARLY as cool and I loved the old Rahi combo's/alt models. This is really creative and utilizes all the pieces that come with the 2015 line up effectively. Some of my favourites are the Dikapi, Pheonix, Ogo Maga and Crystal Spineback. 

Excellent job again! :) Post instructions!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Wow! These are all amazing. Kind of makes me sad because the official combiners are not NEARLY as cool and I loved the old Rahi combo's/alt models. This is really creative and utilizes all the pieces that come with the 2015 line up effectively. Some of my favourites are the Dikapi, Pheonix, Ogo Maga and Crystal Spineback. 

Excellent job again! :) Post instructions!

-NotS

Thank you. Most of them do have instructions, located under their descriptions. I might make instructions for the Crystal Spineback, since a couple of people have requested them.

IetTsFQ.png

So, you basically just won my eternal respect.

The Phoenixes are incredible, and I love that Komodo. Dat Chameleon, tho. You saved the best for last because that, sir, is beautiful. You did a great job thinking out all those descriptions, too.

I'm sure you've heard this one before, but I'm a little disappointed that you didn't remake any of the iconic Rahi. The 2001 beasties mostly, but particularly the Gukko/Kewa/Kahu/suchlike. I would've liked to see something nostalgic. I was glad to see a Tarakava make the cut, however, and I'm very impressed by the design.

Overall, you did a really great job putting together a large variety of Rahi with a cohesive aesthetic that fits the reboot yet recalls the designs of the incidental non-set Rahi from back in the day. So, you basically just won my eternal respect.

EDIT: Reading thoroughly pays off. You built these exclusively out of pieces from G2 sets and included building instructions? You just took this to an entirely different level. You are my hero.

Also, just realized I can basically make a perfectly satisfactory Kahu out of your Phoenix design if I just get the right pieces. Like, out of two Lewas and a Protector of Jungle? Do you think that would work?

Vale, Nuile :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

More Ussal variants would be cool.

Different colours are a must.

Also, if possible, the buzzsaw-armed one from MNOLG.

I might make another Ussal Crab, but it would be a lot larger than the one in this topic, with a rider similar Takua & Pewku. I did consider making a buzzsaw-armed one, but there aren't any obvious pieces to use as saws with the new sets. PoI's saw could work, but there's only one.

So, you basically just won my eternal respect.

The Phoenixes are incredible, and I love that Komodo. Dat Chameleon, tho. You saved the best for last because that, sir, is beautiful. You did a great job thinking out all those descriptions, too.

I'm sure you've heard this one before, but I'm a little disappointed that you didn't remake any of the iconic Rahi. The 2001 beasties mostly, but particularly the Gukko/Kewa/Kahu/suchlike. I would've liked to see something nostalgic. I was glad to see a Tarakava make the cut, however, and I'm very impressed by the design.

Overall, you did a really great job putting together a large variety of Rahi with a cohesive aesthetic that fits the reboot yet recalls the designs of the incidental non-set Rahi from back in the day. So, you basically just won my eternal respect.

EDIT: Reading thoroughly pays off. You built these exclusively out of pieces from G2 sets and included building instructions? You just took this to an entirely different level. You are my hero.

Also, just realized I can basically make a perfectly satisfactory Kahu out of your Phoenix design if I just get the right pieces. Like, out of two Lewas and a Protector of Jungle? Do you think that would work?

Vale, Nuile :smilemirunu:

Thanks a lot ^_^ There are a couple of remakes in there, like the Mukau and the Dikapi, just because the new parts happened to work nicely for those designs. Other than that I wanted to stick to fresh new Rahi, partly because there are already a lot of 2001 remakes right now. I hope someone makes a 2015 Gukko, that's something I haven't seen yet!

Your idea for a Kahu would work, but you'd probably have to stray away from my Phoenix design quite a bit. You can pretty much make a decent bird with any of the new sets, I've found.

Regarding your edit, yes, that was pretty much the whole idea here - combiners and alternate builds for the new sets, just like in 2001. Glad you like the project :D 

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

I keep seeing the Wildlife pics in your sig and only today came across this topic showing them off in all their glory! Needless to say, this is excellent work! I have my favourites of course but all of them are very good. Interestingly, I find your myself really liking your Tarakava, despite not being a huge fan of the revamps we've had recently. I think that's because the revamps have clearly been reimaginings of the Gen1 Rahi wheras looking at yours I feel like it's a completely new yet still familiar creature. Great work!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Interestingly, I find your myself really liking your Tarakava, despite not being a huge fan of the revamps we've had recently. I think that's because the revamps have clearly been reimaginings of the Gen1 Rahi wheras looking at yours I feel like it's a completely new yet still familiar creature.

That was my intent - a totally new Rahi that vaguely represented the Tarakava, enough to be familiar but still very different. Glad you like it! ^_^ 

You've definitely proven to me the versatility of the new pieces. 

I think another cool possible addition would be a replica of the Gukko bird from the MoL movie.

I know CCBS is often regarded as "less versatile/more simplistic" than the old parts, and part of the reason I made these was to prove otherwise. I don't know if I'll make a Gukko, but as I mentioned earlier I'd love to see a 2015 re-imagining of it!

Now, I wonder if someone could make a Bohrok out of G2 pieces...

That could be awesome. I'm sure there's a really cool way to make a Bohrok with CCBS that folds into a ball, I'm sure someone will try sooner or later.

Okoto Online Game has released Chapter I! [ :D] See if you can spot the ussal crab at the northern end of the Fire village, and the baby phoenix at the Mt. Tapahi outpost!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15992-okoto-online-game-chapter-i-released/

Sweet! I tried your game and it looks very promising, couldn't find those Rahi though. I'll give it another shot.

I love these combinations! They look very great! Man, I wish they could be canonized, so we can enjoy Bionicle 2015 more, like we did with Bionicle 2001. :)

Thanks! I hope we get some official Rahi for Okoto.

IetTsFQ.png

Legit set combinations that actually look pretty cool?  :o This is one of the best MoC collections I've seen in a while.  I'd love to see these canonized some day.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I love these combinations! They look very great! Man, I wish they could be canonized, so we can enjoy Bionicle 2015 more, like we did with Bionicle 2001.:)

Or we could just enjoy it without pointless canonisations... Nothing so baseless will make these rahi any cooler than they already are. Fanon is enough ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Cool, these are really cool! :D

Thanks Vezon!

I love these combinations! They look very great! Man, I wish they could be canonized, so we can enjoy Bionicle 2015 more, like we did with Bionicle 2001.:)

Or we could just enjoy it without pointless canonisations... Nothing so baseless will make these rahi any cooler than they already are. Fanon is enough ;)

I like that way of thinking. In Gen 1 it might have bothered me for stuff like Rahi to go uncanonized, since the story was already such a big deal, but in Gen 2 I'm more than happy with the amount of Wairuha/Akamai, Rahi, etc. that people have made.

IetTsFQ.png

One of the main things I hate about the G2 is the lack of Rahi. looking at these, I can't seem to understand why they wouldn't make Rahi. These are great! and I bet that with TLC's resources they would be able to make even better ones! <_< 

But that's off topic. I really like these. Especially the Ice Rahis :3

Thanks, I didn't expect any 2015 Rahi but I was disappointed that we didn't at least get some Rahi combiners, hence this project. Maybe we'll get some in the future, since they're still releasing combiner instructions.

What no Nui-Jaga? These look really cool and if I had the pieces on me I'd so build them off your instructions.

Anyway I think these are really well done and I'd love them as sets of my own.

I considered making a Nui-Jaga, but there's not enough purple to work with, so I made the Tarrantis instead. Glad you like them. :)

What d ya mean! if you do it properly, there will be more than enough! my nui jaga moc is an example

Edited by Dragon11603

So, I build myself the Dikapi, and I have a question: Are the silver fists at the front of the Dikapi's body supposed to be stumpy wings, or just decoration, or what?

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob
  • Upvote 1

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

What no Nui-Jaga? These look really cool and if I had the pieces on me I'd so build them off your instructions.

Anyway I think these are really well done and I'd love them as sets of my own.

I considered making a Nui-Jaga, but there's not enough purple to work with, so I made the Tarrantis instead. Glad you like them. :)

What d ya mean! if you do it properly, there will be more than enough! my nui jaga moc is an example

I guess you proved me wrong! :P

So, I build myself the Dikapi, and I have a question: Are the silver fists at the front of the Dikapi's body supposed to be stumpy wings, or just decoration, or what?

They were supposed to be stubby little wings, but since they are so small I folded them down. I think of them like a bundle of fluffy feathers, like this bird has.

Glad you built it!

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

Wow, the toa are surprisingly good for rahi, I just messed around with Pohatu for a while, came up with a Skull Spider host body, a T-rex like thing, an ape, and a new, modded up, double gear Pohatu,

Cool! Do you think you'll post them here?

I like the boar in the ice region

Thanks.

IetTsFQ.png

I agree. The Tarakava looks great.

Now, I wonder if someone could make a Bohrok out of G2 pieces...

I've done it with PoF, it could even roll up

Oh you have, have you? Well talk is cheap, lets see a Gen2 Bohrok.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh I love these. I've always loved the Rahi sets, and I hope they release them in the future (not just alternative models). The BIONICLE wildlife always interested me. I love how cute some of these are too. The Ussal inspired me a bit and I think I know what my next BIONICLE project is going to be now.

I like the Watar region the best.

Very neat indeed! I already built two of them and look forward to building more. :)  You have done great work!

This is just pure gold. I love their appearances so much!

Oh I love these. I've always loved the Rahi sets, and I hope they release them in the future (not just alternative models). The BIONICLE wildlife always interested me. I love how cute some of these are too. The Ussal inspired me a bit and I think I know what my next BIONICLE project is going to be now.

Thanks guys!

Could we have some instructions for the Tarrantis, please?  :)

Sorry Maxiboy, I don't think I remember how to build it. If I ever get around to making instructions though, I'll PM you.

IetTsFQ.png

How to build it? So I take it you dismantled them after taking the pictures?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

How to build it? So I take it you dismantled them after taking the pictures?

Yeah I didn't keep any of them assembled. Besides, I used most of the Protectors for more than one combiner, like the PoS is used in at least four combiners.

IetTsFQ.png