Summer '15 Theory: Night of the Toa Dead

As i mentioned in the other topic, I don't think Skull Scorpio would fit into this at all. He's far too non-humanoid. Unless the idea is his body got reassembled into a demonic scorpion, though that'd be pretty morbid...

Given what happened to Nidhiki, that's not too far-fetched.

~Unit#phntk#1

• Upvote 12

On the note of the Scorpion, perhaps it's just one of Okoto's larger, more intelligent creatures (like the LoSS) that has been brought into the service of these undead. Otherwise, I actually like this idea. It sounds a little dark, but LEGO did just do this same thing with the Ice Hunters in Chima, so I'd say it's a possibility. :)

• Upvote 4

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

One theory I heard is that the Skull Squad are the Toa after they failed to save Okoto, and the Toa we have now are actually from an alternate timeline. Hence why the Protectors called them forth, so they could stop them from making the same mistakes again.

• Upvote 11

why is this happening

One theory I heard is that the Skull Squad are the Toa after they failed to save Okoto, and the Toa we have now are actually from an alternate timeline. Hence why the Protectors called them forth, so they could stop them from making the same mistakes again.

That...would be kind of awesome. I very much doubt it's the case, but it would be really awesome. Man. Just imagining that. Wow.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

So ... who had the misfortune to become the scorpion?

Honestly, I think attempts to explain these new villains as being former Toa of any kind are rather absurd. They seem to be fairly clearly unrelated to the Toa, and more in the theme of corrupted local beings like the 2001 Rahi, I'd say.

~B~

• Upvote 3

That...would be kind of awesome. I very much doubt it's the case, but it would be really awesome. Man. Just imagining that. Wow.

That would be very awesome, indeed, but I personally highly doubt it will be a canon part of the the story.

Dark Stranger's theory is also pretty awesome, but I'm not sure of it actually ending up to be a part of the story. Sure, Legends of Chima's "Fire vs. Ice" era was a bit dark, and Ninjago's recent two years have been dark as well, but we're only in the first year still.

However, it is Bionicle, so it might happen. I'm not too sure at this point.

After all, who what ever happened to the sixth Toa in the team? Is he/she the Lord of Skull Spiders, but mutated in the same way Skull Scorpio was?

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

If this is going to happen, it would probably be in the novels. The animations would never go this in-depth.

I like this theory, but why do they have to be Toa? Why can't they just be generic warriors who fell in the past, or amalgamations of those who did not make it out of the Ancient City before it collapsed?

If this is going to happen, it would probably be in the novels. The animations would never go this in-depth.

I like this theory, but why do they have to be Toa? Why can't they just be generic warriors who fell in the past, or amalgamations of those who did not make it out of the Ancient City before it collapsed?

I think most people will assume that they're generic warriors. In fact, that's likely how the official plot is going to go. But people are trying to come up with alternate theories that are more interesting than generic ancient soldiers.

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

After all, who what ever happened to the sixth Toa in the team? Is he/she the Lord of Skull Spiders, but mutated in the same way Skull Scorpio was?

Who says every Toa team has 6 members, especially in the rebooted story? :P

• Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'd really like this actually, it would do a lot for the world-building for this generation and also create some pretty formidable adversaries. I also like your idea of them not being able to be put to rest until they wear their respective elemental mask - in a way, that kind of mirrors the Shadow Toa in 2001 where the Toa themselves had to learn to accept their darkness. In this case, they'd have to learn that reckless behavior may lead them down the path these "undead" Toa went.

-NotS

• Upvote 6

tahubanner.jpg

I'd really like this actually, it would do a lot for the world-building for this generation and also create some pretty formidable adversaries. I also like your idea of them not being able to be put to rest until they wear their respective elemental mask - in a way, that kind of mirrors the Shadow Toa in 2001 where the Toa themselves had to learn to accept their darkness. In this case, they'd have to learn that reckless behavior may lead them down the path these "undead" Toa went.

-NotS

Exactly! It would be a great addition to the story of G2, especially considering we didn't really get "undead" villains back in G1.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Although it's true that the skeleton guys will probably be generic fallen warriors... what are they fallen from? We haven't seen anything on the island that look remotely like the skeleton guys. The protectors are too small, and the animations seem to imply that Ekimu and Makuta aren't much larger. The scorpion thing might be a Rahi (or equivalent), but what about the humanoids?

They're clearly connected to the elemental masks in some way or else they wouldn't come with them. And those masks look semi-corrupted. Maybe the character's weren't Toa specifically, but they were previous guardians of the Ancient City who tried to wear the elemental masks and got overloaded with power? Hence why the elemental masks were scattered and hidden so no one else would be tempted to try them on.

I'm just making guesses here. I'm sure we'll get something more substantial realted to these things when summer hits.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Upvote 3
BZPRPG

Exactly! It would be a great addition to the story of G2, especially considering we didn't really get "undead" villains back in G1.

I think the only time they ever ventured into undeath/reanimation was with the Kanohi Tryna in 2007, and it was actually a pretty cool conflict where Matoro felt a dark side coming over him because controlling the dead is inherently a corrupt trait. If they can emulate that and build upon it, we'll have some really interesting moralistic conflict this year (assuming they go the undead route).

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I would really like that. But how do Tahu and Gali fit in?

• Upvote 1

cringe

I had the same idea about the new villains, glad to see I'm not alone.  Its probably because the skeletal-themed villains evoke the idea of being un-dead.  I do have a feeling they are some kind of resurrected warrior, and I hope Lego ends up going with that story line.

I can kinda see how the skull guys would be fallen versions of the toa, as each shares characteristics with the toa whose mask the set comes with.

warrior & kopaka: the warrior is an archer, so like kopaka you could say both have the ability to judge an object's position at long distances

slicer & lewa: both seem quite agile

basher & onua: they lift, as in both have a very bulky build

scorpio & pohatu: when most people think of scorpions, they think of the desert

I hope the tahu and gali masks come with some sort of titan, miss the big bionicle sets

Edited by LyreFyre
  • Upvote 1

Although it's true that the skeleton guys will probably be generic fallen warriors... what are they fallen from? We haven't seen anything on the island that look remotely like the skeleton guys. The protectors are too small, and the animations seem to imply that Ekimu and Makuta aren't much larger. The scorpion thing might be a Rahi (or equivalent), but what about the humanoids?

They're clearly connected to the elemental masks in some way or else they wouldn't come with them. And those masks look semi-corrupted. Maybe the character's weren't Toa specifically, but they were previous guardians of the Ancient City who tried to wear the elemental masks and got overloaded with power? Hence why the elemental masks were scattered and hidden so no one else would be tempted to try them on.

I'm just making guesses here. I'm sure we'll get something more substantial realted to these things when summer hits.

I like that idea! Maybe they were once villagers, but cursed when they tried to use the elemental masks.

Well if the transformation of Makuta is any inkling of the possibility of trying to wear a mask that is too powerful for you to control I could see this as a viable possibility. Though I still hold the idea that somehow the LOSS is connected to Makuta in some way along the lines of maybe being what became of Makuta, Should this idea be true in that both the Transforming Makuta and the LoSS have primarily black armor with red accent could lean credit to the idea that the Skull Scorpio being a mutated warrior.

Now what do we know about these summer sets? From the pulled animation it showed the Toa entering the great City followed by an undead hand bursting forth from the ground yes? So what can we surmise from this? The new villains are located in the ruins, and were buried and hereby believed dead. Add in their skull motifs and it is a dead ringer. Sorry had to put that in there. Anyway it is safe to say that whatever or whomever these Skull villains were they were buried in the city. Be it before Ekimu slept or after the place was abandoned. Regardless it is a safe bet they are now undead villains. Morbid or not The Toa got Okotoian zombies on their hands.

• Upvote 3

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...

The theory of these villains being older versions of the Toa could make for a really good story, even if it isn't cannon. 

What if the half translucent masks were stolen from the current Toa by the villains, so they could reclaim their old masks back? The translucent part representing the masks slowly being drained of power by these new villains. 

Skull grinder could either have been an old Toa zombified to restore his former glory, or was the original user of the Mask of Creation, overthrowing Ekimu. The gold masks could have been placed around the island by the protectors for these new Toa to find, originally used by the dead Toa. 

Maybe the protectors invaded the island a long time ago and the skull warriors were the past inhabitants. Or there were two intelligent species on Okoto that went to war in the ancient past. What if these skull guys were once war lords like the Barraki?

There could have been Toa long ago who stopped these guys from invading, and Makuta has taken control over the corpses. 

Of course though, this is all speculation and wishful thinking. I just hope it isn't a cliche story and has some interesting plot twists. 

Lego could make a really cool,tragic and dark, yet compelling story here. Take notes from this thread Lego!

Edited by Craig B
  • Upvote 1

Now that we've seen box images from New York Toy Fair, there may be an issue with this theory.

Skull Warrior's box art shows lots of other Skull Warrior-type figures in the background, suggesting that it is not a unique character; rather, it is a generic soldier from some sort of skull army. That doesn't really fit with the idea of the Skull villains being past Toa, because now rather than a team of five, there would need to have been possibly tens of Toa.

Edited by Xelphene
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I'm still just wondering whats the deal with Gali and Tahu? Like there's obviously something special about those two since there's no half mask for them..

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Maybe the protectors invaded the island a long time ago and the skull warriors were the past inhabitants. Or there were two intelligent species on Okoto that went to war in the ancient past. What if these skull guys were once war lords like the Barraki?

Although I don't know the likelihood of this becoming the real case, I think that it would be my favorite. Plus, that would get us a chance to explore a whole new land, the place that the protectors came from! 

I'm still just wondering whats the deal with Gali and Tahu? Like there's obviously something special about those two since there's no half mask for them..

Good point. I'm still trying to figure that out myself. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I like the theory, but it might be hard to pull off. If they really are heroes from long ago, wouldn't they have had carvings about them where the ones about the Toa are? Unless they were heroes of the Lost City, where we might see carvings of them there

The reanimation part is great here, since it could be jumbles of bones mixed together, but the old hero thing is a bit far-reaching :P

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe...

Grinder = Fire

Slicer = Air/Jungle (chains = vines?)

Basher = Earth

Warrior = Ice

Scorpio = Stone

The Toa of Water survived and went into hiding somewhere on Okoto. (Perhaps a Toa of Water who goes by the name of Helryx)

Still doesn't account for the dramatic physical changes. Say we have the stone Toa completely dead, and his spirit possessing the body of a scorpion.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

This theory is incredibly interesting. I'm sort of on the line as to whether I buy it or not. Skull Scorpio (and even Skull Slicer) must have been SEVERELY mutated to reach the point we saw in the toy fair pictures. Furthermore, the box pictures show that there is an army of the skull creatures, so they are probably not a toa team but more of army fodder.

However, the melded masks reinforce the idea that they were some sort of Elemental Master being (since it seems they're not called toa anymore). Skull Grinder also has a rather Master-like stature. For me, the interest of the villains lies in the masks. Why are they seeking these masks? What are their powers? Have the masks been mutated, etc? 

Aside from the theory, I really like the symbolism of the Masters falling from the sky, while the villains crawl out of the earth. It's a nice juxtaposition whether the Skull villains are Masters or not. 

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Why is this theory being featured now? When it was posted, it was possible and was a very cool idea, and would have made sense to be featured.

Since then, however, we have seen the box art for Skull Warrior, which shows many more Skull Warriors in the background. Surely the need for a swarm of identical past-Toa almost certainly disproves the theory?

(Sorry to be a spoil-sport. :P)

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Then where do the other Toa come in? Because there had to at least been some before our current ones. Otherwise, how would the Protectors know what a Toa was or what they looked like, or the kind of powers they had?

Well, the protectors have some kind of astrology or prophecy knowledge, as revealed in Episode 1. Also, it seems they're not called "Toa" anymore, but "Masters."

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Then where do the other Toa come in? Because there had to at least been some before our current ones. Otherwise, how would the Protectors know what a Toa was or what they looked like, or the kind of powers they had?

Well, the protectors have some kind of astrology or prophecy knowledge, as revealed in Episode 1. Also, it seems they're not called "Toa" anymore, but "Masters."

They're called Toa multiple times in the animations. 

It would be great if they were more than "generic warriors", as I expect them to be (or something like multiples of each). This idea of undead/past heroes would really added some depth that we all crave in this new storyline.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell