Lego movie characters appear in super bowl ad.

masterchirox580

Oh my gosh, this was amazing. Lego Movie and My Little Pony in the SAME COMMERCIAL? It's probably the closest we'll ever get to any sort of co-promotion between the two brands, but I'll take what I can get.

The ponies were rooting for the Colts, for obvious reasons. I think the Lego Movie characters were rooting for the New Orleans Saints, though, and I don't know what the connection there is (apart from maybe the personal preference of one of the people involved with the movie or clip).

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That's great! It's actually quite surprising to see that the LEGO Movie is considered to be popular enough to stand among My Little Pony, the Penguins of Madagascar and... a really popular cat video. That's saying a lot.

Nice little cameo, still.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I have a Thought... somebody needs to tell the NFL to unbock the video. Prowl can see nothing but a cheap sorry message about it not working for my country... I feel so cheep to be an American...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I have a Thought... somebody needs to tell the NFL to unbock the video. Prowl can see nothing but a cheap sorry message about it not working for my country... I feel so cheep to be an American...

Interesting, they haven't banned here in the UK, maybe it's because we don't care about American football, for that matter why is a British man screaming about this (again we don't care about this sport). 

It's time to move on.

Well being American aside I don't much care for the sport myself... Yeah yeah stone me for not liking football. Anyway I just wanted to see some of the ads as I hear they can be quite good...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well being American aside I don't much care for the sport myself... Yeah yeah stone me for not liking football. 

Yeah same goes for me, although football over here is the sport that I believe is referred as "soccer" in the U.S, it seems that no matter the sport the word "football" always equals popular. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

anyone got an alternate link I get

This video contains content from NFL, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

and I live in America. How does this even work WE CREATED NFL

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Well being American aside I don't much care for the sport myself... Yeah yeah stone me for not liking football.

Yeah same goes for me, although football over here is the sport that I believe is referred as "soccer" in the U.S, it seems that no matter the sport the word "football" always equals popular.

Yeah I played "Soccer" when I was little in school for 3 or 4 years I believe. Over seas it is called Football and our Football due to naming confusion adds an "American" prefix to not confuse it with what football is everywhere else in the world. Why I don't know. Early Ignorance on our part maybe.

anyone got an alternate link I get

This video contains content from NFL, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

and I live in America. How does this even work WE CREATED NFL

Yeah I am having the same problem myself.

Onua.png

Yeah I played "Soccer" when I was little in school for 3 or 4 years I believe. Over seas it is called Football and our Football due to naming confusion adds an "American" prefix to not confuse it with what football is everywhere else in the world. Why I don't know. Early Ignorance on our part maybe.

Yeah doesn't really make much sense to me, I mean I've seen the sport before (which to me just looks likes a really intense version of rugby) and it seems to primarily involve use of hands not the foot, so I really don't understand why it's called that. 

It's time to move on.

Yeah doesn't really make much sense to me, I mean I've seen the sport before (which to me just looks likes a really intense version of rugby) and it seems to primarily involve use of hands not the foot, so I really don't understand why it's called that.

This article has some insights. "Although the accepted etymology of the word football, or "foot ball", originated in reference to the action of a foot kicking a ball, this may be a false etymology. An alternative explanation has it that the word originally referred to a variety of games in medieval Europe, which were played on foot.[5] These sports were usually played by peasants, as opposed to the horse-riding sports more often enjoyed by aristocrats. In some cases, the word has been applied to games which involved carrying a ball and specifically banned kicking."

And you're right, American (or "gridiron") football is basically just a sport that evolved from rugby. At the time when football was first becoming popular in the United States, the rules were basically decided by whichever college was hosting, so some colleges like Yale and Princeton favored a soccer-style game and others like Harvard favored a rugby-style game. But the rugby-style game just happened to be the one that eventually caught on over here.

• Upvote 2

This article has some insights. "Although the accepted etymology of the word football, or "foot ball", originated in reference to the action of a foot kicking a ball, this may be a false etymology. An alternative explanation has it that the word originally referred to a variety of games in medieval Europe, which were played on foot.[5] These sports were usually played by peasants, as opposed to the horse-riding sports more often enjoyed by aristocrats. In some cases, the word has been applied to games which involved carrying a ball and specifically banned kicking."

And you're right, American (or "gridiron") football is basically just a sport that evolved from rugby. At the time when football was first becoming popular in the United States, the rules were basically decided by whichever college was hosting, so some colleges like Yale and Princeton favored a soccer-style game and others like Harvard favored a rugby-style game. But the rugby-style game just happened to be the one that eventually caught on over here.

Is there anything you don't know?! 

It's time to move on.

Is there anything you don't know?!

Of course! This is just me summarizing Wikipedia. :P It's a question I'd heard a thousand times, and I was interested in knowing the answer myself, so I looked it up. So yeah, there's a lot I don't know, and for those things I have Wikipedia. XD
  • Upvote 4