I Am Your Queen - Gahdok Revamp

joev14

"You know who I am, Toa of the Bohrok. You know me -- I am your queen. My sister Cahdok and I rule your thoughts, your actions. Now Mata Nui will be as it was in the Before-Time. All that does not belong will be removed -- beginning with you!"

— Gahdok, Beware the Bohrok

You thought you'd seen it all after I finished my Rahi Revamps? Guess again. This model uses many techniques that I just discovered while playing around with parts. Did you know that a bushing can fit inside a Bohrok body piece? It's a snug fit, but I'd call it legal! I also threw in a lot of Bohrok parts. Ever noticed how the two-toed Piraka foot looks a lot like a Bohrok shield? 

Also, before everyone starts asking, no, I'm sorry, I won't be posting Cahdok. I don't have the pieces at my disposal to build a second version of this model, and honestly, it would look like a clone set with a slightly different head. 

Please upvote and comment! And, check out The Bionicle: Audio Narration Project, which brings Bionicle to life as we read through the original audiobooks, where each character (Even the Bahrag), gets their own voice!

img_0889edit.jpg

Front

img_0890edit.jpg

Back

img_0898edit.jpg

Side

img_0892edit.jpg

img_0897edit.jpg

Bottom

img_0891edit.jpg

Elongated Neck

img_0895edit.jpg

New and Old Comparison

There will be more to come. You might even say, if you wake one MOC, well, then you wake them...nevermind. Once again, please comment and upvote!

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 7

The colors are messy, and although I like the curvature/function of the neck, it looks skinny. I also don't think the feet work very well, they could use some more Technic for the Bohrok shields to fit in. I love the claws, and the face and torso are cool. Overall I don't think it is up to par with your other revamps, but it does look much more evil than the original. I hope you do a CCBS Bohrok revamp! And a Gukko bird, if you're still doing Rahi.

IetTsFQ.png

The colors are messy, and although I like the curvature/function of the neck, it looks skinny. I also don't think the feet work very well, they could use some more Technic for the Bohrok shields to fit in. I love the claws, and the face and torso are cool. Overall I don't think it is up to par with your other revamps, but it does look much more evil than the original. I hope you do a CCBS Bohrok revamp! And a Gukko bird, if you're still doing Rahi.

Yeah... I don't like this moc. It's... um...

I can't tell where anything is. The colors are messy and because there's so much black, I can't really see where anything is unless it's protruding away from the body.

Amazing work and all, but I like the original better.

The original has that robotic blockiness that the new one just doesn't...

I suppose there's a general consensus about this one. I'll give it some work and post it again later I guess...

In the meantime, I've got another MOC that I can guarantee will be well-received, coming next week!

I concur with the others too much black and could stand to use some more bulk. Personaly I think the head looks more goofy than fierce or regal.

qs6467.jpg
qs6467.jpg

Welcome back Bionicle,

Welcome back, To that same old place, That you laughed about

Well, the names, Have all changed, Since you hung around, But those dreams, Have remained and, They've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead you, Back here where we need you

Welcome back, We always could spot a friend, Welcome back, And I smile when I think, How you must have been

And I know what a scene, You were learning in, Was there something that, Made you come back again

And what could ever lead you, Back here where we need you

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

My Zombie Survival Guide 1 2

Sorry to join the general concensus but this is not good... It looks so little like the Bahrag I wouldn't have even recognised it without the name in the title! I can't tell which limb is which let alone where they connect or how they articulate and those problems are severely compounded by the over abundance of black. Literally the only parts of this build I like are the white parts as they pop on an otherwise invisible model. Sorry :(

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Sorry to join the general concensus but this is not good... It looks so little like the Bahrag I wouldn't have even recognised it without the name in the title! I can't tell which limb is which let alone where they connect or how they articulate and those problems are severely compounded by the over abundance of black. Literally the only parts of this build I like are the white parts as they pop on an otherwise invisible model. Sorry :(

I concur with the others too much black and could stand to use some more bulk. Personaly I think the head looks more goofy than fierce or regal.

Okay...okay. I think it might've just been the photography. It has less black than the Manas did. As I said, I'll give it a bit more work around the face, and then repost it at a later date.

I think it looks pretty cool. From a story-perspctive the black colours make sense. If you live underground why would you be colourful? You'd want to blend in to your surroundings. The red as an accent is pretty nice, too, since it would subtly differentiate the two queens from each other without being overpowering

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I guess just a reminder that all criticism should be constructive. While some posts may be more on the critical side, I don't see any real flagrant instances of bashing. Just please watch your wording - a reminder for future posters. Thanks in advance for keeping BBC a safe space for creativity.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2