Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

And just 24 hours after I finish my Sal MoC (completing all of my Infinite characters in the process), this happens.

Oh well. I wasn't exactly as active in here as I hoped I'd be anyway, so I don't really have much room to complain. :P

As far as the plot was concerned, I actually liked the concept behind the Landfall Arc, though I do agree that it mostly did away with the arena matches that drew me into the game in the first place. Tarsus and Ravyn were fun to play as, even though the former only had one kill to his name and Round 3 ended before the latter could technically finish his battle with Terry. Amorigiahna was probably the character I was most interested in out of the four, which was kind of a shame since she was benched for the entirety of the second act, but at least I got to spend a little extra time with Sal after Asylum prematurely closed, so that's always a plus. The sudden demises of 2/3s of the original Staff Characters came as a bit of a shock, and I would've really liked to have seen what the future would've looked like without them, but it is what it is. If I had to come up with one gripe about my experience playing this RPG, I'd have to say that it was probably the sheer number of posts I had to sit down and read before writing up one of my own back in the game's prime, which, being someone who is really only online two or three times a day, going through 1 1/2 - 2 pages (I think there was one point where I had to do 3) before I can even respond to anything sometimes became a little daunting. Obviously that's not really a flaw with the game itself, but it did hamper my will to post and caused my console to overheat a couple of times, so I figured I'd mention it anyway since it still somewhat detracted from the experience regardless.

Overall, I'd have to second Dr. Medic's final score of 8/10. Most of the Infinite's faults were entirely out-of-game (at least, in my opinion), but the lack of a playable ending and the fact that Landfall basically killed off the arena matches towards the end leaves this just shy of pefection. Definitely willing to check out any projects you all may have in store for us in the future.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Regardless, though, that was probably the best send off post I've seen for this RPG yet.

Thanks. I spent the better part of three days working on it, on and off. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Huh.

Rail showed up after all. Interesting.

Suppose I best be getting to work on one of my own now. The Wyrm's entire species getting wiped out almost produced a few tears, though, so congratulations.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I think in some discussion or other way back, we discerned that Rail would likely have been left to look after the cat, so I thought it'd be a good idea to make some kind of mention of him. 

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it, right down to the exact facial expression.

In other news, I've officially said my goodbyes to Ravyn, which can be found here. I'm still working on the others, but (after being disconnected from my access point and having to copy it all down by hand) I did decide to return the favor and mention Minnorak in a sentence concerning Xhalia, so there's that.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Oh, and he's liberating the alternate BZPRPG universe from Makuta's rule. Nice. 

Well, I figured that if I had to send him off, I'd better go all out with it.

EDIT: Tarsus' last post has now been edited in as well. Still working on Amorigiahna and Sal.

EDIT #2: Amorigiahna and Sal are now done, too.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

It's been a week; I hope everyone got their wrap-up posts in. :) Thanks to the staff for a great game (one I admittedly fell out of around Landfall); Bionifight Infinite will surely go down in history as one of the forum's most innovative RPGs. I look forward to playing with all of you in the future, whether in the BZPRPG or in another RPG that has yet to be written.

Without further ado: topic closed.

• Upvote 3