Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

well then 

guess I'm a little late to the party

Normally I wouldn't ever use 'Zakaro' as a character in an RPG, but for Bionifight... meh. I'd probably end up accidentally calling any character I make 'Zakaro' anyway, so... feh. 

Name: Zakaro

Species: Onu-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Earth Control

Power/Weapon 2: Strength, as in a Kanohi Pakari.

Power/Weapon 3: A heavy, dense, bluntly hilted broadsword. 

Appearance: In essence, this, though he normally sports a jaunty grin along with it.

Bio: Zakaro has, in a word, been around the bend a few times. He would consider himself to be one of the veterans of the Bionifight tournament, though he hasn't won. The Toa's come close, though. In all honesty he doesn't remember or care much about his life before his cycling into and out of the tournament began, just that it was a peace-time, boring little island with some people that were a little too strict, in his opinion. Didn't end up leaving anyone he particularly cared about behind when he first got sucked into the tournament. As for the tournament, Zakaro has been a competitor more than once and has also attempted to become a vendor when he's not competing. He has, at the very least, survived a number of the sometimes-lethal events, and as such has an interesting history of combat experience behind him.

Personality/Other: Zakaro is obivously a male Toa of Earth, and as such he's often very practical and will look at things logically. On the other hand, he's not all there after his times through the tournament, and as such the Toa tends to have an interesting perspective and way of addressing things, though he has, at the least, learned to treat the Trio of Staff that run the thing with respect. Zakaro's pretty laid back and fun-loving, though for whatever reason he despises traitors and backstabbers with a passion. He happens to be more than a decent sculptor, which he has used to create figurines of various fighters he's encountered though his rounds of experience. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Zakaro approved.

Quick question for our gracious hosts, but would you say any of the spaces in the upstairs have any sort of greenery in them? Just want to know if zeph can perform some horticulture anywhere already made or not.

I suppose there'd be potted plants in the Comfort or Commercial Sectors. No specific garden areas, although I suppose you could create a... uh... very small garden, within your personal Comfort Sector quarters.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Interesting. So, the fighters have some degree of control over the appearance of their quarters, then I assume? If so, how much freedom do they have to change their interiors?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Tarsus would be interested in forming an alliance with Dayeth, Roman. He's currently following the tour.

Best not to be on her bad side again.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Name: Kale Ironshaper

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Kakama

Power/Weapon 2: Amulet that allows him to use his original Elemental Iron powers

Power/Weapon 3: Elemental Light powers

Appearance: Over a hundred years of combat and adventuring have left Kale in peak physical condition. His rather average build has filled out and his armor has been kept spotless through regular maintenance and repair work via his elemental powers. Due to his rather unique elemental situation, the Ironshaper has white as a primary color with a rather pale silver fading back into being as a secondary.

Kale's original calling as an artist shows through in the oriental style dragon that curls it's way across his armor. The claws of the dragon run to the ends of his hands and feet while the majority of it is gathered on his back. While not outright moving, it seems to change positions and shift slightly depending on the mood the the Toa feels.

Bio: Kale Ironshaper was originally from a universe where Makuta defeated the Toa Mata, kicking off several more hundred years where the villagers had to fight against an ever closer darkness. During this time the still sleeping Mata Nui started to create new Toa from worthy Matoran already on the island.

Two of those Matoran were Kale’s parents, his mother a Toa of Water and his father a Toa of Iron. Growing up, Kale learned about the strengths, weaknesses and mentalities of both elements. This and his natural talents caused Kale to develop a style of elemental control that blended the flow of water with the strength of metal.

As Kale traveled the island he learned from new teachers and incorporated more and more elemental techniques into his overall style. However, with these new techniques also came the virtues and frames of mind that so defined the elements. In time they also brought Enlightenment, and Kale found that his Elemental Affinity was slowly shifting from Metal to Light.

Not necessarily happy about losing something that had been a constant throughout his entire chaotic life, Kale began hunting for a legendary amulet said to be able to gift the user power over Metal. It was an extensive quest and one that took years to accomplish. By the time he had found the amulet, Kale had already fully changed elements and come to grips with the fact. Nonetheless, the amulet had been located and retrieved. When the new Toa of Light placed it around his neck his element did not revert to Metal as originally hoped, rather, it gave him the additional ability to control Metal exactly like it said in the legend.

Personality/Other: Simply put, Kale is a master with his elements and mask. His natural talent combined with growing up in a dangerous world has accelerated his growth far beyond what one would normally expect from a person his age. Despite this and his change in elemental affinity Kale is surprising normal. No massive changes to his psyche, the new dual elemental Toa  is still the same well mannered and pleasant person he was before the change.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kale approved. Insert standard response about watching closely to make sure iron isn't misused. :P

Interesting. So, the fighters have some degree of control over the appearance of their quarters, then I assume? If so, how much freedom do they have to change their interiors?

I envisioned them as generic one-room hotel-style areas. We didn't discuss the specifics of that, so I presume you do have some degree of freedom to modify how the place looks. Not everyone's going to be content with a few blank walls and a couple pieces of furniture. Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Heres a wall of text made on phone.

Name: Arctic

Species: Modified Marender from a Comic Series Universe that I may make soon, not to be confused with my Arctic in profile and Arctic's Comics

Power/Weapon 1: Protanium Armor

Gives him limited invulnerability. Limits include very high/temperatures, heavy weapons causing internal damage, can be manipulated by Magnetism/Iron Powers. Does nothing against Psionic-based attacks becuase he has a brain.

Power/Weapon 2: D.E.C. - Duel Element Core

Able to use two elements. His core is equipped and programmed with Ice and Metal Abilities

Power/Weapon 3: IceCrack Sniper

Sniper of Arctic's own construction. Shoots concetrated ice bullets.

Appearance: Looks like a white and silver Toa. However his Protanium armor makes him slighty bulky. Also wears a Tryna but is not usable for the whole tournament.

Bio:

Arctic was originally known as Model 1: Frost, a silver Toa-sized Robot made by a great being originally made to watch over Spherus Magna's inhabitants as the planet's protector. Intrigued by the traditions of the different races he told his master that he wished to experience the world through the eyes of those under his protection. He got his gift when he was upgrade with an E.P.U. an Emotion Processing Unit. In order to fully give him the capacity to process emotion he was given the brain of a Toa long forgotten. Because of this Model 1: Frost lost his memory and became an inhabitant of a Matoran Village.

As a Matoran he adopted the elemental power of Ice and the name Arctic and has shown that he was a great fighter and tactician. Once he became a Toa it was evident that he wasn't what he seemed to be. Despite that, he managed to lead a team of Toa to defeat the Makuta of his land and defeated an alien invasion.

Soon he discovered the workshop of the Great Being who built him and had a Zane moment as he remembered everything that happened pre-Arctic. It was then in which he unlocked his Galatic Core granting him time-space abilities which he used to save his planet again from another invasion.

Afterwards he developed upgrades to his system including a Transform engine (that gave him the ability to transform into a jet), the D.E.C. which gave him access to his second element of Metal.

During his transfer into Bionifight he was reprogrammed, supposedly by the Queen or Enforcer, and thus he lost the ability to use his mask, as well as his scanner, Transform Engine, and Galactic Core. And Arctic can't get his powers back at all until the competition ends...or he dies.

Personality:

Because of his E.P.U. he strongly advocates freedom. And as a Matoran/Toa, he was well known to be boastful at times and compassionate. As he is the defender of his world he feels compassion for all living things and often tries to see the good in others.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Arctic, don't you already have two characters?

Unless I misread something, I think there's a limit of two PCs per player. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Honestly, a racist Vortixx isn't going to be getting that many friends lol, so i may need another guy

Name: Limos

P/W 1: Emotional Hunger - Not only can he induce or decrease feelings of want, desire, or hunger, but he can also transfer energy between himself and others. He can also sap energy from inanimate objects, but it takes a lot more effort for the same output as a living being.

P/W 2: Serrated Longsword - Can be imbued with the energy he gains via his element to enhance certain aspects of it, like making it sharper to cut through flesh easier, or heavier and blunter to crush armor

P/W 3: Hazmat suit - As the name suggests, it isolates Limos from harsh elements. Rather finicky and needs constant repair though.

Appearance: This guy

Bio: In another world, the Toa were gifted Emotional Powers rather than Elemental in order to manipulate, mediate, and moderate the populace of the universe. For example, a Fear Toa could suppress angry raiders, or a ticking bomb in order to buy time. This served them well in brokering peace among the assorted races of the Universe, and so things were happy, for a time. But iron shapes iron, and when the Makuta seized the reins, the Toa were unprepared for the unthinking, unfeeling Rahkshi legions, which quickly subjugated the populace. Whatever few victories they could eke out were granted to them anyways by the Dark Spirit Miserix, furthering the Brotherhood's plan. And so... Miserix became the Great Spirit. He crushed Mata Nui then and there, and began his reign of shadows.

Miserix's caprice and cruelty swiftly led the Universe to ruin. The walls are crumbling. The stars are dark. The air is choked with red antidermis. Infested horrors, dreamed up by Miserix's mind, roam the lands. Whatever free beings that are left have been forced underground, where the antidermis will not corrupt or choke them out. But even that is not a safe prospect, for hunter Rahkshi stalk the dark tunnels, purging resistance. Masks and Maskmakers are at a premium, for whatever masks that are made soon become infected anyways.

Of course, trips to the surface are necessary. There are many things up there, such as protodermis, batteries, and so on, even if it is a dangerous trip, what with the infected beings and Rahkshi that stalk the surface, and the antidermis so thick that you can barely see more than a hundred meters in front of you, making the risk of infection all too easy. That's why Toa, such as Limos himself, have adapted to working without masks and instead don these bulky suits to keep the gas out.

Limos was summoned to the Bionifight once, before. He survived it with respectable results, and was sent home with a fair number of necessities as his reward.

Personality/Other: Limos actually enjoys the BIonifight. Not because he's a bloodthirsty warrior or something, but because it represents something else to him. A reprieve. He has grown sick and tired of the cancerous corpse that is his universe. He does not want to go back. Here, he can relax and forget, if for a while. Sure, there's a danger of dying... but there was probably a bigger chance of that in Miserix-Verse. Die here, die there, or become a mindless infected Toa... not really many options, you know. It's a horribly selfish feeling, but that's how it is. As a result, Limos is jovial and amicable about all things Bionifight. He may very well be one of the few people that genuinely enjoy being here.

We metro 2033 now

Edited by Bloody Nine

Here's character #2:

Character Name: Ancient Darkness (he prefers to call himself A.D.)

Species: Fire-breathing dragon.

Power/Weapon 1: Fire

Power/Weapon 2: Flight, via wings. Can carry another fighter on his back if need be. 

Power/Weapon 3: Teeth and Claws. 

AppearanceRed-scaled reptilian with a pair of wings that fold down on his back. Rather large jaws and teeth, which frequently compose a friendly smile. 

Bio: A.D. was a peaceful enterprising dragon on the Southern Continent. Unless, of course, you were a pirate or a thief. Then you didn't fair too well. His bouts of heroism have made quite a name for his reptilian self. Unfortunately, his sudden appearance at Bionifight has snatched him away from his favorite lady dragon, which he would like to go home to. 

Personality: He's most affable type. Not really predisposed to greed, as most dragons are, or much viciousness. However, he insists on standing up for what is right, even if it places his need to survive the tournament in jeopardy. 

Oh.

Can I remove Prose from the RPG? He hasnt really done anything cepr add his two cents and hasnt been interacting much.

Prose will have to die first, since you've already posted as him IC. Which means he'll need to seriously break some rules :P

Honestly, a racist Vortixx isn't going to be getting that many friends lol, so i may need another guy

Name: Limos

P/W 1: Emotional Hunger - Not only can he induce or decrease feelings of want, desire, or hunger, but he can also transfer energy between himself and others. He can also sap energy from inanimate objects, but it takes a lot more effort for the same output as a living being.

P/W 2: Serrated Longsword - Can be imbued with the energy he gains via his element to enhance certain aspects of it, like making it sharper to cut through flesh easier, or heavier and blunter to crush armor

P/W 3: Hazmat suit - As the name suggests, it isolates Limos from harsh elements. Rather finicky and needs constant repair though.

Appearance: This guy

Bio: In another world, the Toa were gifted Emotional Powers rather than Elemental in order to manipulate, mediate, and moderate the populace of the universe. For example, a Fear Toa could suppress angry raiders, or a ticking bomb in order to buy time. This served them well in brokering peace among the assorted races of the Universe, and so things were happy, for a time. But iron shapes iron, and when the Makuta seized the reins, the Toa were unprepared for the unthinking, unfeeling Rahkshi legions, which quickly subjugated the populace. Whatever few victories they could eke out were granted to them anyways by the Dark Spirit Miserix, furthering the Brotherhood's plan. And so... Miserix became the Great Spirit. He crushed Mata Nui then and there, and began his reign of shadows.

Miserix's caprice and cruelty swiftly led the Universe to ruin. The walls are crumbling. The stars are dark. The air is choked with red antidermis. Infested horrors, dreamed up by Miserix's mind, roam the lands. Whatever free beings that are left have been forced underground, where the antidermis will not corrupt or choke them out. But even that is not a safe prospect, for hunter Rahkshi stalk the dark tunnels, purging resistance. Masks and Maskmakers are at a premium, for whatever masks that are made soon become infected anyways.

Of course, trips to the surface are necessary. There are many things up there, such as protodermis, batteries, and so on, even if it is a dangerous trip, what with the infected beings and Rahkshi that stalk the surface, and the antidermis so thick that you can barely see more than a hundred meters in front of you, making the risk of infection all too easy. That's why Toa, such as Limos himself, have adapted to working without masks and instead don these bulky suits to keep the gas out.

Limos was summoned to the Bionifight once, before. He survived it with respectable results, and was sent home with a fair number of necessities as his reward.

Personality/Other: Limos actually enjoys the BIonifight. Not because he's a bloodthirsty warrior or something, but because it represents something else to him. A reprieve. He has grown sick and tired of the cancerous corpse that is his universe. He does not want to go back. Here, he can relax and forget, if for a while. Sure, there's a danger of dying... but there was probably a bigger chance of that in Miserix-Verse. Die here, die there, or become a mindless infected Toa... not really many options, you know. It's a horribly selfish feeling, but that's how it is. As a result, Limos is jovial and amicable about all things Bionifight. He may very well be one of the few people that genuinely enjoy being here.

We metro 2033 now

Approved! 

Here's character #2:

Character Name: Ancient Darkness (he prefers to call himself A.D.)

Species: Fire-breathing dragon.

Power/Weapon 1: Fire

Power/Weapon 2: Flight, via wings. Can carry another fighter on his back if need be. 

Power/Weapon 3: Teeth and Claws. 

AppearanceRed-scaled reptilian with a pair of wings that fold down on his back. Rather large jaws and teeth, which frequently compose a friendly smile. 

Bio: A.D. was a peaceful enterprising dragon on the Southern Continent. Unless, of course, you were a pirate or a thief. Then you didn't fair too well. His bouts of heroism have made quite a name for his reptilian self. Unfortunately, his sudden appearance at Bionifight has snatched him away from his favorite lady dragon, which he would like to go home to. 

Personality: He's most affable type. Not really predisposed to greed, as most dragons are, or much viciousness. However, he insists on standing up for what is right, even if it places his need to survive the tournament in jeopardy. 

Also approved!

I know there is a two character limit, and I know you (the staff) said that Krahka probably won't allowed. I just wanted to run this past you anyways, since I plan on using him as a backup character in case either Lytrel or Green dies, and I feel that he is balanced enough to be fair.

Name: Akhark

Species: Krahka

Power/Weapon 1: shapeshifting: Akhark can transform into any living being he has seen before. Unlike many other members of his species, he can't assume the form of a fusion; he can only transform into exact replicas of his subjects. EDIT: Due to a combination of brain damage received during the war and his own young age, he can't retain forms and powers past 12 hours if he doesn't refresh his memory by seeing them again in battle; his Keetongu form is the exception due to the significant emotional impact the Rahi had on him.

Power/Weapon 2: Akhark can copy ONE of either his target's weapons or powers to fill this power slot, in the condition that he has seen them in use, either in their mechanics or their effects. Due to the inherent difficulties in copying a power on observation alone, his copied version of the power is usually weaker than the original and is limited in its utility unless he has seen the full extent of what that power is capable of (if he sees a Ta-Toa using fireballs, he can only use fireballs and other flames himself; he can't control heat directly until he sees the Ta-Toa doing it). As for weapons, combat experience doesn't transfer, meaning if he copied a weapon he's unfamiliar with, he's sorta screwed.

Power/Weapon 3: same as #2, allowing for a total of either two copied powers, two copied weapons, or one power and one weapon. His starting power and weapon are inherent super-strength (about the same as a Makuta) and whirling shields.

Appearance: Akhark has chosen the form of Keetongu as his base form, but he lacks the individual's rhotuka, claw blade, or the ability to see the inner light and darkness of an individual.

Bio: Akhark was one of the few members of the Krakha species to not be exterminated by the Visorak. At first, he simply fled for his life, masquerading as a Matoran in a village on one if the islands south if the Southern Continent; however, a chance encounter with Keetongu's species inspired him to actively fight against the Visorak after realizing that the Visorak were harming everyone. Forming a small resistance movement to oppose the hordes, Ahkark waged a valiant but ultimately futile war against the Visorak, and by extension the Brotherhood, before being fatally wounded in a battle for the Tren Krom Peninsula. In his last moments, he was teleported to the world of Bionifight and restored to full health.

Personality/Other: one wouldn't know it from his appearance, but Akhark is actually still very young, hence his weaker powers compared to other Krahka. A lifetime of fighting has robbed his innocence from him, however, giving him a very militaristic mindset. Akhark has trained himself to put his emotions on lockdown, and in most moments can seem cold and too honest for his own good. If one can manage to break him, however, he will become an anxious mess, much akin to a scared child.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Well, if we're only allowed to make two for now, then I guess that I should get to work on creating another one.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Question:

What happens if you're killed outside the arena? Do you die for real? And is your murderer penalized, if there is one and the death wasn't purely accidental?

If another fighter were to murder a player in cold blood, they would probably be stripped of several lives; if you're killed outside the arena... yeah, that's pretty final. If there were other fighters close by that could get you to a medical bay fast enough, revival might be possible.

Question:

What happens if you're killed outside the arena? Do you die for real? And is your murderer penalized, if there is one and the death wasn't purely accidental?

If another fighter were to murder a player in cold blood, they would probably be stripped of several lives; if you're killed outside the arena... yeah, that's pretty final. If there were other fighters close by that could get you to a medical bay fast enough, revival might be possible.

So, what I'm hearing is "murder your rivals in a tunnel so you don't get caught."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

pssh, Tim, we need more mahou shoujo.

Sorry; already have a male character.

The next one's definitely going to be female.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Question:

So, what I'm hearing is "murder your rivals in a tunnel so you don't get caught."

I'm not saying that you should make sure to kill people in the tunnels where there are no security cameras.

But

If I were to personally kill another character... I'd do it in the tunnels where there are no security cameras.

• Upvote 7

So, if I were to, say, have Zephyr murder someone in the tunnels where there are no security cameras, what would happen to their body? Specifically their spine.

...I'm asking for a friend.

Edited by Horse Divorce
  • Upvote 6

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

fishers, how big is A.D.? If he's a dragon, I'm assuming at least twice as large as the average combatant.... If he's smaller, Virnar's thoughts won't work. xP

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

fishers, how big is A.D.? If he's a dragon, I'm assuming at least twice as large as the average combatant.... If he's smaller, Virnar's thoughts won't work. xP

I'd say he's rather big. Especially with wings outstretched. I'd say 1 1/2 size with them folded. Ismekne would probably be slightly taller than him though - he's more long and wide. Think Smaug. :P

pssh, Tim, we need more mahou shoujo.

Sorry; already have a male character.

The next one's definitely going to be female.

Mahou shoujo means magical girl.

Forgive me; my Japanese is a bit rusty (and by rusty, I mean entirely non-existent).

But I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a Kanohi/two elemental powers formula, since I'm presuming that the Nui Stone would be way too OP for this game.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

If anyone has skype and is not already in the skype discussion, please LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR SKYPE NAME HERE and I'll try to make sure you're added in.

It's not necessary, but since it exists, we might as well. :P

(Don't feel like cluttering up the actual status so names are easy to find and add there)

Still haven't gotten added, or if I did, I still can't see it.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

But I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a Kanohi/two elemental powers formula, since I'm presuming that the Nui Stone would be way too OP for this game.

They've approved a half-dozen stage 7 Rahkshi already. I really don't think a Nui stone would stand out all that much with those kinds of insane powers levels being flaunted around. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

True...

*Imagining how powerful a Nui Stone/Mask of Emulation combo would be*

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

If anyone has skype and is not already in the skype discussion, please LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR SKYPE NAME HERE and I'll try to make sure you're added in.

It's not necessary, but since it exists, we might as well. :P

(Don't feel like cluttering up the actual status so names are easy to find and add there)

Still haven't gotten added, or if I did, I still can't see it.

Accept my contact request. I can't add you to the chat yet.

True...

*Imagining how powerful a Nui Stone/Mask of Emulation combo would be*

Seriously dude, don't tempt me. That power is too much for any one being to possess.