Olari - 1 (KO'd Green)

Xara - 1 (KO'd Ferronox)

Zephyr - 1 (KO'd Buzz)

Kat - 1 (KO'd Sidonas)

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I guess what I said doesn't really make sense, but in essence, I agree with you, L'Etranger. For the Kakama to be viable, it must increase reflexes. Or something. I don't know. This is why I usually don't (and shouldn't) get involved with these discussions.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I guess what I said doesn't really make sense, but in essence, I agree with you, L'Etranger. For the Kakama to be viable, it must increase reflexes. Or something. I don't know. This is why I usually don't (and shouldn't) get involved with these discussions.

Very belated, but to chime in for a moment...

A degree of enhanced reflexes is a required secondary power for a Kakama user, but it is a very minor one. A Kakama is purely a boost to speed. Not to reflexes or reaction times, just to speed. Using its full potential requires time (a relatively small amount, but time) to accelerate, and its full potential can only really be used linearly. Because it doesn't boost reaction times, traction, or any other such thing, obstacle ridden areas as well as tight turns requires one to slow down. In close quarters, a Kakama should never real its full potential because acceleration is a must. You'll be faster, certainly, but your reaction times will not increase, and you won't be punching as fast as you can run in a straight line.

On a note that actually matters to anything but hypothetical situations... :P

I'm going to be only intermittently present for much of tomorrow. Biggest (and last) debate meet of the season, so I'll be here between rounds or if I get eliminated, but I'll be pretty busy. I should regain full presence by this time tomorrow.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm saying that I imagine the reflex boost is not a lot, but still there, and it relates more to subconscious reflexes as regards your ability to avoid small things that could trip you up or just go over them because your stride avoids touching them completely, rather than it actively increasing your reflexes overall so that you could use the Kakama as a be-all-end-all sort of super calix/toa version of the Rahkshi of Dodge's power, which is how it's used a lot that I see - I've even been guilty of it. And of course, there's momentum mentioned as well, so that even when you do want to stop, you'll have problems. It just doesn't make sense, however, for a Kakama to increase your reflexes to the amount that they're well on par with the speed you're moving, because that just makes it overpowered - and beyond that, if your reflexes are going to be that good, then you shouldn't be seeing just blurs and everything else anyways, because your brain should be able to process everything at an increased speed proportional to the speed at which you're moving, which, of course, it doesn't, which is proof A as to why it doesn't really increase your reflexes all that much.

And then, yeah, you're in a snowy icy place, which should also be taken into account; running on slippery surface is never a good idea and running in snow is a good way to trip without any speed boost added on. 

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Very belated, but to chime in for a moment...

A degree of enhanced reflexes is a required secondary power for a Kakama user, but it is a very minor one. A Kakama is purely a boost to speed. Not to reflexes or reaction times, just to speed. Using its full potential requires time (a relatively small amount, but time) to accelerate, and its full potential can only really be used linearly. Because it doesn't boost reaction times, traction, or any other such thing, obstacle ridden areas as well as tight turns requires one to slow down. In close quarters, a Kakama should never real its full potential because acceleration is a must. You'll be faster, certainly, but your reaction times will not increase, and you won't be punching as fast as you can run in a straight line.

On a note that actually matters to anything but hypothetical situations... :P

I'm going to be only intermittently present for much of tomorrow. Biggest (and last) debate meet of the season, so I'll be here between rounds or if I get eliminated, but I'll be pretty busy. I should regain full presence by this time tomorrow.

At least, this is how it is played in the BZPRPG. I'm of the opinion that those secondary powers have slightly more of a presence. Not enough for Matrix level stuff, no. But certainly higher than "Does so little it might as well not be there."

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It's a dragon flying in the air around a mountaintop... I think firing an arrow at him is still a viable option, even if he's going to dodge it. :P

True, but said dragon cannot go back in time to allow your arrow to hit. :P

I think I'd say that he was just going too fast for the arrow to hit, because he was going pretty fast. Not too fast, since he doesn't have Kakama, but yeah. At this rate, though, that move is going to get him killed, so smart thinking reptile brains. :P

It's a dragon flying in the air around a mountaintop... I think firing an arrow at him is still a viable option, even if he's going to dodge it. :P

I think I'd say that he was just going too fast for the arrow to hit, because he was going pretty fast. Not too fast, since he doesn't have Kakama, but yeah. At this rate, though, that move is going to get him killed, so smart thinking reptile brains. :P

It's an arrow made out of pure electricity

Doesn't matter how fast you're going

You can't beat lightning 

• Upvote 1

Krayzikk, your latest RP post is still wrong.

If you moved forward, the arrow ought to have skimmed across your tricep. :P

*Snaps fingers*

you people are so hard to please.

sigh

fiiiiiiine, i'll edit to tricep

darned lazy boy commander telling me what to do. 

:P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You can't beat lightning 

Logically, that should be true. 

Yet the dragon seems to have no difficult dodging Chain Lightning. Which, I might add, Xara can consciously change the direction of at will (Yes, that's a legit Chain Lightning Rahkshi ability that I'm now kicking myself for not remembering earlier).

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You can't beat lightning 

Really? I would think an Onu-toa could No Sell lightning, given their ground type immunity to electric type attacks.

i'm not sorry

Edited by Horse Divorce
  • Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So, uh. Exactly how much stuff relevant to Lekona did I miss? xD

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

What do you think this is Horse? Pokémon?

:D jkjkjkjk

Nope, I'm fairly certain this is Bionicle RPG, better known as Serious Business.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You can't beat lightning

I'm rapidly figuring that out. Jerks with lightning powers are my perpetual bane, especially to those who don't have lightning powers. (Why does Ismekne control lightning, ya ask? Because otherwise the water + lightning = dead.)

Anyway, I'm treating lightning like a power you launch at someone. Otherwise I make case for it being massively OP.

It's not so much the fact that you dodged my lightning so much as that you've somehow managed to dodge all of the lightning, to be completely honest.

The few times A.D has gotten hit he's just gone "ow" and carried on carrying on as if it's no big deal. It's lightning! It burns, it makes a huge impact, and it gives one karz of an electric shock when it hits. 

So...A.D. flies a considerable distance away from Xara and Elittra, gets attacked by Vagust (who is a considerable distance from Ismekne and Hound and that group, and Elittra, and Xara), and apparently has time to yell out something about being attacked and make a dumb quip and then escape the bolt of electricity fired at him not even a second after the spark in the air, flies over to Ismekne (who is attacking Hound and that group) who apparently is able to see and control the lightning fired off by Xara and Vagust without a single problem.

Are you just disregarding your own posts and those of others here, or what? Because while you might claim that lightning is OP, everything you've done so far is rather close to god moding in my opinion. You're basically ignoring the considerations of distance and where everybody is to do all of this, as well as ignoring the fact that you were attacked until you could have somebody who by all rights shouldn't be a part of that battle control the lightning with no struggle whatsoever, you're barely acknowledging any issues from being hit when you do say A.D. has been hit, and now you're claiming that lightning is OP. If anybody is playing patently unfairly, by all rights, that's you, not the ones attacking you

• Upvote 2

profiles i guess

It's not so much the fact that you dodged my lightning so much as that you've somehow managed to dodge all of the lightning, to be completely honest.

The few times A.D has gotten hit he's just gone "ow" and carried on carrying on as if it's no big deal. It's lightning! It burns, it makes a huge impact, and it gives one karz of an electric shock when it hits. 

The guy's not in too good a shape TBH. There's a reason why he's fleeing. Zara hit him three times, once while he was trying to heal himself. The guy's scales are smoking. And he has holes in his wings from Elittra's latest arrows.

The reason he left was because he had no choice. Getting hit by Vangust would have taken him out. And I thought it was established that this fight was high on the mountain. He's not going very far. 

As for Ismekne, the fighter is simply acting out of her own personal amusement. The fighter hit A.D. for fun earlier. Not on his side. 

The other fights were relatively well up on the mountain's slopes as well. That doesn't help you. Either they're a considerable distance away or they aren't, that can't be mutable between posts. It doesn't make sense to have Ismenke - who is joining in on the Hound skirmish - to be so close that she can meddle with the attacks of Vagust and Xara, when if that whole group is a considerable distance away then she shouldn't be able to do that, let alone be able to see the attacks really clearly enough to meddle with them through the storm. Add on to that that A.D. shouldn't be able to fly so well through the storm, especially not if he's having so many problems from being hit, and the fact that you still entirely ignored what would be realistic as to his getting hit anyways...Yeah.

You're basically god moding.

profiles i guess

How are all these people seeing A.D through the storm?

Xara can't see it. She was aiming at where she could hear it, and see where its wings were disturbing the cloud of snow. 

>still no acknowledgement of the getting attacked by vagust and how it's unrealistic to have quipped something off and then evaded it with no problem and i just can't even be mad about it anymore

>>not really even any acknowledgement of any attacks sent that way right now

k bro

totally makes sense

whatever i guess this is the best anybody's gonna get

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

Xara can't see it. She was aiming at where she could hear it, and see where its wings were disturbing the cloud of snow.

His wings are not flapping right now, he is falling due to somehow losing the ability to make his wings work.

Vagust saw the obvious lighting from the lightning. Couldn't clearly see the lightning. Heard a dragon flapping and saw it come to land near him. Put two and two together.

Vagust makes sense, its just that a lot of people have just been shooting at a target up in the sky with pretty good accuracy in the middle of a snowstorm.

Ranged attackers are at a pretty big disadvantage on this map.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

His wings are not flapping right now, he is falling due to somehow losing the ability to make his wings work.

Yeah, I got ninja'd by that staff smite post. Either way, the dragon is dead now.

>still no acknowledgement of the getting attacked by vagust and how it's unrealistic to have quipped something off and then evaded it with no problem and i just can't even be mad about it anymore

>>not really even any acknowledgement of any attacks sent that way right now

k bro

totally makes sense

whatever i guess this is the best anybody's gonna get

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The dragon is dead. You happy?

You said in your post that your character was charging up his attack. Xara's attack came in, so he decided to leave. It makes sense. I don't understand how that is G-modding. G-modding would be if the being was immune to electrical attacks or blocking them with his claws. He's been taking damage and wounds. Also, he wasn't flying when Blade removed his ability to fly. He landed next to Ismekne, walked into the fog, and was killed by Xara. 

Anyway, it was not my intention to G-mod. The being can take a certain amount of damage before getting killed - otherwise Xara would be dead by now too. :P

EDIT: Upon reflection, I realize that he would have been hit before he moved. I misread your post. I'm sorry. :(

Edited by fishers64

Kray, you got it wrong....

There were definitely more than two arrows. The whole 'aiming at his chest' thing was a fake-out. And I thought 'small storm of arrows' would indicate more than your insistence of two...

Also, I'm a bit peeved. Here I was, thinking I'd have a fair, fun battle with interesting choreography, and moves.

Instead, you insist on turning my first battle into a curbstomp. Even after the first time.

That leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.............. I thought that being Bionifight would lead to less serious business type stuff, and favor having fun... Apparently not.

but okay, i just wanna say, that i'm not amused at all.

reply coming soon

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

For the sake of not metagaming, I'm trying my best not to let Kuro encounter Prose right now...but Kuro and Prose kinda suck as solo fighters now that I think about it.

Speaking of fun, Prose is definitely using terrain to his advantage. Snowball anyone?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Could somebody point me to the BS01 page on this "heated path to the top of Mt. Ihu?" Because I don't remember every reading about it before this.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1