Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

... or in between rounds, if you really want to do them in

I'm making a list, and I'm checking it twice. I'm also looking for somewhere to hide the bodies....

Have you considered the tunnels, where there are no security cameras?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

But the tunnels aren't always there. I've been under the assumption that the tunnels only show up when one of the staff wants to do an infinite gem quest. I don't think I'd get away with writing that "a tunnel conveniently appeared just as I was looking for somewhere to hide the body". 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Also. Nice profile pic, Roman.

Click made it. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But the tunnels aren't always there. I've been under the assumption that the tunnels only show up when one of the staff wants to do an infinite gem quest. I don't think I'd get away with writing that "a tunnel conveniently appeared just as I was looking for somewhere to hide the body". 

Of course not. But if your character and another were to go searching for an Infinite Gem and I just happened to make a cave appear and you just happened to accidentally murder them, nobody would know.

• Upvote 1

Of course not. But if your character and another were to go searching for an Infinite Gem and I just happened to make a cave appear and you just happened to accidentally murder them, nobody would know.

Because It'd be in the tunnels, where there are no security cameras. c:

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

How do you accidentally murder someone? 

• Upvote 1

it's not murder

it's called manslaughter.

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

"Accidental" murder happens all the time. "ACCIDENTS" are very unfortunate. It is really terrible when you accidentally trip your companion into a pit of venomous scorpions. 

• Upvote 4

"Accidental" murder happens all the time. "ACCIDENTS" are very unfortunate. It is really terrible when you accidentally trip your companion into a pit of venomous scorpions. 

scorpion gem confirmed.

(vacation gem also confirmed)

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

*Sigh*

The Calix can dodge lasers. This is canon. It anticipates them. Lightning is the same.

The Greg quote's on the old forums, and I don't feel like slogging through the Wayback, so if you care to challenge it you'll have to make do with eyewitnesses. (And betting money against me beforehand)

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

The Calix allows the wearer to perform at their physical best. If someone's near death.... their best aint going to be all that good. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

To reiterate, I'm not attacking you Mustang, but your PC.

If only because I've been reading his fights for a good week OOC, and after a while my willing suspension of disbelief became unwilling after seeing both him and his opponents blatantly not die several times. Not trying to play GM either or say you're wrong about canon abilities, but I mean, someone has to start the intervention. Right?

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

So someone that should be near death can Calix their way out of close range lightning?

I recall the laser dodging being from a distance, not to mention, lightning is attracted to metallic objects like you. Not the ground.

Yes. Also, Artorre is tiring, not close to death; he has yet to take any major injuries in the arena.

When you're dodging things that move too quickly to be dodged normally, distance isn't of much relevance. As for metal attracting lightning, while I am no expert on real life lightning, a quick Google search shows that real lightning's attraction to metal is negligible unless the lightning is already extremely close to the metallic object. If a Toa of Lightning fired at a fixed point, and their target moved out of the way, the lightning isn't likely to be diverted from its course unless the target was literally standing right next to where the Toa was aiming. At least, presumably; I don't know how close a person would have to be IRL to attract lightning.

Also, while I will readily admit that I do have a tendency to god-modding, I have been distinctly trying to play Artorre and his Calix as fairly as possible. For example, when Viitka launched a kick at him while he was airborne, or when Zakaro created a hand of earth to grip him under the same circumstances; he was, obviously, unable to dodge these attacks, because the Calix is unable to alter his flight path. If you think I've been god-modding, even slightly, I would appreciate it if you could cite a specific time, so that I might make my case.

Make my case, in the morning. :P

*Snaps fingers*

I'm confused.... are you accusing him of godmodding (read: playing unfairly) or not? 

I don't really feel like getting into this but

When you're dodging things that move too quickly to be dodged normally, distance isn't of much relevance.

Yeah, it kinda does still matter. The distance between you and whatever you are trying to dodge might as well be the timer showing you how long you have to get out of the way. Extra dodge skills give you more time, they don't get rid of the timer.

• Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Not playing unfairly so much as unsportsmanlikely.

I think both him and Zakaro ought to be showing their weariness and injuries from their fight by now. ie, not dodging lightning and doing crazy ninja flippiness.

Unfortunately, that's something I've noticed a lot of people doing; acting as if their injuries aren't wearing them down.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

I think both him and Zakaro ought to be showing their weariness and injuries from their fight by now. ie, not dodging lightning and doing crazy ninja flippiness.

Unfortunately, that's something I've noticed a lot of people doing; acting as if their injuries aren't wearing them down.

Or fatigue. We are on Mt Ihu in blizzard-ish conditions, fatigue set's in quicker when you have to trudge through snow.

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

IC - Vagust:

"I would've sworn I'd only taken out one person, at least for sure," he said to nobody in particular, although anybody around him would certainly hear it.

Hound (retroactively), A.D. (one of three who contributed), and Kotak.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Yeah, wanted to remind you just in case. :P

IC: Donrioda

She couldn't move, and was certainly unnerved when the voice spoke in her head.

Doesn't effect much, but the Host actually speaks out loud and uses technology to project his voice, rather than communicating mentally as the Queen does.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Yeah, wanted to remind you just in case. :P

IC: Donrioda

She couldn't move, and was certainly unnerved when the voice spoke in her head.

Doesn't effect much, but the Host actually speaks out loud and uses technology to project his voice, rather than communicating mentally as the Queen does.

Editing accordingly.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I don't really feel like getting into this but

When you're dodging things that move too quickly to be dodged normally, distance isn't of much relevance.

Yeah, it kinda does still matter. The distance between you and whatever you are trying to dodge might as well be the timer showing you how long you have to get out of the way. Extra dodge skills give you more time, they don't get rid of the timer.

Lightning moves at several thousand miles per second and is being dodged solely by anticipating it.

Distance doesn't matter.

To be fair, the only thing akin to "crazy ninja flippiness" that Artorre has been is diving into a roll, which occurred before his battle with Zakaro. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Heard good things about this, and I have been wanting to bring back an old character. Let's see if this works...

Name: Skorm

Species: Toa of Twilight

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Twilight- Skorm possesses equal control over light and shadow, but is unable to do the fancy tricks that pure Toa of either element could do, such as transforming into beams of light or transporting oneself via shadow. His powers mostly rely on manipulating the light and darkness around him, the most physical effect he can conjure of either being a short laser pulse or a Shadow bolt.

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Dualus- A rare mask that only manifests on hybrid Toa. This mask allows the wearer to split into two entities, each controlling one element. There are downsides to this: they both will tire at about twice the rate they normally would, and given enough strain apart, will fall unconscious and eventually die if not rejoined. Any injuries sustained by one will persist when the entities re-form into their composite wearer, and if one is killed, the other will keel over dead instantly. Lastly, the personality of each entity is slightly different, depending on the individual and the elements. Skorm's dual entities are Sko (Light) and Orm (Shadow); Sko is more honorable but less pragmatic, and Orm is crueler and more headstrong. The entities are also not psychic; if they are left to their own devices, they will start disagreeing.

Power/Weapon 3: Dual wristblades, these short swords extend from the top of Skorm's forearms, and are retractable. Skorm is very skilled with their use.

Appearance: Skorm is short for a Toa. His armor is all various shades of gray; his robes and kanohi (itself a simple round design) being very middling in shade. When he splits up, Sko's colors are skewed towards white, and Orm's are skewed towards black.

Bio: Skorm comes from a universe torn by a war fought against shadow creatures, led by a coalition of Makuta and Toa. He was prophecised to either play a part in the world's salvation, or it's downfall.

Personality/Other: Skorm is male, and his personality resembles a rebellious adolescent. He was constantly pushed to be better than he is, leaving him with a distaste for orders, a trait which Orm plays up. He is also playful at times towards those that have proven their friendship towards him. For the most part, he is equal parts lonely and wants companions- but is likely to push them away.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Submitting Lekona for reapproval, with a change to his weapon.

Name: Lekona

Power/Weapon 1: A golden sword; it can be split into two swords, and these halves can also be used as gliders.

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Kualsi; a mask that allows Lekona to teleport himself and objects to a location within his sight range.

Power/Weapon 3: Standard Elemental control over Air.

Appearance: Lekona is a slender Toa of Air; he is primarily dark green, with lots of golden armor.

Bio: Lekona was a lone Toa who successfully guarded a small group of Matoran of various tribes for quite some time. Lekona became quite accomplished and capable through this time, but at one time, while Lekona was on patrol, their village was attacked and completely destroyed. This destroyed Lekona's drive, and led to him wandering, depressed and drained of the joy Le-Toa are known to have. It was while he was in this state that he was taken from his world. To Lekona, Bionifight is a saviour, giving him new purpose.

Personality/Other: Male. Unlike most Matoran/Toa/Turaga of Air, Lekona does not use treespeak. He once did, but since the destruction of the village he protected, he has abandoned it. Outside of the arena, Lekona is indifferent to most things, though he does find himself bored, so he won't mind going along with others on adventures if he finds their company enjoyable. In the arena, the thrill of the fight and having a purpose fills Lekona with joy and allows him to act like his old self again.

Lekona values his golden armor, kanohi, and sword above all else. The armor and sword were crafted by a close Po-Matoran friend from his village, and the Kualsi by his best friend, a Ta-Matoran not of the village, who Lekona hopes is still safe wherever he is. They were given their brilliant shine by a close Av-Matoran friend who acted as the elder of the village Lekona once defended. Due to this, despite their shine making him an easy target in the arena, Lekona continues to carry and wear them with pride.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Heard good things about this, and I have been wanting to bring back an old character. Let's see if this works...

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Twilight- Skorm possesses equal control over light and shadow, but is unable to do the fancy tricks that pure Toa of either element could do, such as transforming into beams of light or transporting oneself via shadow. His powers mostly rely on manipulating the light and darkness around him, the most physical effect he can conjure of either being a short laser pulse or a Shadow bolt.

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Dualus- A rare mask that only manifests on hybrid Toa. This mask allows the wearer to split into two entities, each controlling one element. There are downsides to this: they both will tire at about twice the rate they normally would, and given enough strain apart, will fall unconscious and eventually die if not rejoined. Any injuries sustained by one will persist when the entities re-form into their composite wearer, and if one is killed, the other will keel over dead instantly. Lastly, the personality of each entity is slightly different, depending on the individual and the elements. Skorm's dual entities are Sko (Light) and Orm (Shadow); Sko is more honorable but less pragmatic, and Orm is crueler and more headstrong. The entities are also not psychic; if they are left to their own devices, they will start disagreeing.

Power/Weapon 3: Dual wristblades, these short swords extend from the top of Skorm's forearms, and are retractable. Skorm is very skilled with their use.

Appearance: Skorm is short for a Toa. His armor is all various shades of gray; his robes and kanohi (itself a simple round design) being very middling in shade. When he splits up, Sko's colors are skewed towards white, and Orm's are skewed towards black.

Bio: Skorm comes from a universe torn by a war fought against shadow creatures, led by a coalition of Makuta and Toa. He was prophecised to either play a part in the world's salvation, or it's downfall.

Personality/Other: Skorm is male, and his personality resembles a rebellious adolescent. He was constantly pushed to be better than he is, leaving him with a distaste for orders, a trait which Orm plays up. He is also playful at times towards those that have proven their friendship towards him. For the most part, he is equal parts lonely and wants companions- but is likely to push them away.

I like the concept, but controlling two elements and being able to split into separate entities is rather powerful. Remove the third power/weapon (the wrist blades), and you'll have my tentative approval. I'll want either Chro or Blade to also give approval before Skorm can enter the game, however.

Submitting Lekona for reapproval, with a change to his weapon.

Name: Lekona

Power/Weapon 1: A golden sword; it can be split into two swords, and these halves can also be used as gliders.

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Kualsi; a mask that allows Lekona to teleport himself and objects to a location within his sight range.

Power/Weapon 3: Standard Elemental control over Air.

Appearance: Lekona is a slender Toa of Air; he is primarily dark green, with lots of golden armor.

Bio: Lekona was a lone Toa who successfully guarded a small group of Matoran of various tribes for quite some time. Lekona became quite accomplished and capable through this time, but at one time, while Lekona was on patrol, their village was attacked and completely destroyed. This destroyed Lekona's drive, and led to him wandering, depressed and drained of the joy Le-Toa are known to have. It was while he was in this state that he was taken from his world. To Lekona, Bionifight is a saviour, giving him new purpose.

Personality/Other: Male. Unlike most Matoran/Toa/Turaga of Air, Lekona does not use treespeak. He once did, but since the destruction of the village he protected, he has abandoned it. Outside of the arena, Lekona is indifferent to most things, though he does find himself bored, so he won't mind going along with others on adventures if he finds their company enjoyable. In the arena, the thrill of the fight and having a purpose fills Lekona with joy and allows him to act like his old self again.

Lekona values his golden armor, kanohi, and sword above all else. The armor and sword were crafted by a close Po-Matoran friend from his village, and the Kualsi by his best friend, a Ta-Matoran not of the village, who Lekona hopes is still safe wherever he is. They were given their brilliant shine by a close Av-Matoran friend who acted as the elder of the village Lekona once defended. Due to this, despite their shine making him an easy target in the arena, Lekona continues to carry and wear them with pride.

Changes approved.

@Liuth: Searching for your profile now, apologies for missing it.

E:

Name: Fulmen

Species: Toa 

Power/Weapon 1: As a toa of lightning, Fulmen can create, control and absorb lightning. 

Power/Weapon 2: The toa of lightning is equipped with a modified long-sword so the cross-guard is longer, a hand-guard is built onto the hilt of the sword and the hilt is coated with copper wire so Fulmen can channel his powers more easily. When in use, one can see bright blue sparks coming out of the pommel. 

Power/Weapon 3: While Fulmen is adept at close combat, he prefers long range combat as there is less chance of being harmed and carries a lightstone rifle with a customized paint-job of neon blue and navy with a digital camouflage pattern.

Appearance: When Fulmen was transforming into a toa, he envisioned himself as a toa mata, resulting in his body being shaped in a similar fashion to Tahu when he was a toa mata. His feet, torso and hands are the same tint of sand blue as his rifle, along with his kakama. His limbs are white and before a battle, Fulmen equips himself with greaves, thigh plates, shoulder pads and gauntlet, all colored with the same shade of blue as his kanohi. 

Bio: During his time before Teridax's death, Fulmen spent his life on one of the southern islands. One day, he wanted to test out a breathing apparatus he created and took a dive into deep waters. It worked for a few minutes, then malfunctioned. The matoran panicked and tried desperately to reach the surface. On the verge of death, he struggled as Fulmen tried to reach fresh air, feeling himself get weaker as he got closer to the surface. Sometime later, the whole village had surrounded him, along with the turaga, who had told him he was floating on the water, unconscious, but alive. Fulmen had a fear of water since that day and avoided swimming. 

Fulmen evacuated the matoran universe to spherus magna after the death of Teridax. After settling down and establishing his new home, along with the tribe of Vo-matoran he was part of, the turaga held out four  toa stones, requesting matoran to become their protectors. Fulmen took the role and activated the stone, transforming into the toa he is now with a new sense of responsibility and dedication to his tribe. Recently, after hearing about some kind of tournament where the victor was rewarded greatly, he traveled to the arena, seeking the rewards that could help out the matoran he was assigned to protect. 

Personality/Other: Unlike most vo matoran, Fulmen is a male, which makes him stand out from the rest of the tribe. Like all vo-matoran, Fulmen is sociable and works well in teams. As a toa of lightning, he believes in keeping the matoran safe by any means necessary and puts their safety above his own. There is one thing that may be detrimental to his combat abilities and that's his phobia of water. 

Fulmen approved.

Edited by Lucina

Well, that's just asking for Vegeta-style attacks if he doesn't have his signature weapons ;) I guess he's more of a 'mage' style character, then...

Faction: Bionifight

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Light- Due to his hybrid nature, Skorm's control over Light is somewhat less than a true Toa of Light. He can manipulate and absorb the light around him and create it to an extent, but his most powerful attack with it is creating laser blasts. He can also manifest wristblades made of elemental Light energy.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Shadow- Due to his hybrid nature, Skorm's control over Shadow is somewhat less than a true Toa of Shadow. He can manipulate darkness around him and absorb its powers, but his most powerful attack with it is creating Shadow bolts. He can also manifest wristblades made of elemental Shadow energy.

Power/Weapon 3: Kanohi Dualus- A rare mask that only manifests on hybrid Toa. This mask allows the wearer to split into two entities, each controlling one element. There are downsides to this: they both will tire at about twice the rate they normally would, and given enough strain apart, will fall unconscious and eventually die if not rejoined. Any injuries sustained by one will persist when the entities re-form into their composite wearer, and if one is killed, the other will keel over dead instantly. Lastly, the personality of each entity is slightly different, depending on the individual and the elements. Skorm's dual entities are Sko (Light) and Orm (Shadow); Sko is more honorable but less pragmatic, and Orm is crueler and more headstrong. The entities are also not psychic; if they are left to their own devices, they will start disagreeing.

Appearance: Skorm is short for a Toa. His armor is all various shades of gray; his robes and kanohi (itself a simple round design) being very middling in shade. When he splits up, Sko's colors are skewed greatly towards white, and Orm's are skewed towards black. Skorm's eyes and heartstone are orange, while Sko's are yellow and Orm's are red.

Edit: added some clarification to the elemental abilities, as allowed by Voltex. Also, some more fluff clarification, on his eye/heartstone color. Yay color wheel!

Edited by Necrocybermancer

The times, they are a-changing...

So, what's the spacing between rounds like? Is there a week or two before the next round?

The spacing between rounds is either as long as I feel like or whenever I think that it will cause some dramatic tension. Could be two days, could be a month. Who knows.

Lightning moves at several thousand miles per second and is being dodged solely by anticipating it.

Distance doesn't matter.

Elemental lightning at the very least, travels slower than it would in real life.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1