Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

What? Where did you get the idea that Ismekne's warhammer is a two-handed weapon? I've been using it as a one-handed weapon for almost every fight she has been in. You needed to speak up on this subject looong before now. 

And a steel-plated ceiling? That's an exaggeration. This is a hospital, not a prison. Most of those type ceilings are made of particle board or plywood.

Hm. Odd. This seems to suggest otherwise...

Standard two-headed warhammer.

Also, it is possible that it slipped past ICs via oversight, because Ismekne wasn't really in that many prominent fights.

As for the ceiling, no, it's not an exaggeration, I should know, it's my location. This place is not your average hospital, simply because there are, you know, people from the Sota games who wouldn't otherwise be impressed with keeping the building up and running. It might not be a prison, but it's not your standard hospital either, simply because of the labs there, and otherwise.

I already explained why those attacks were auto-hits. Shooting a grenade at someone and claiming that any character's efforts to dodge the attack won't work is more of an auto-hit than what I did. 

Now, granted, I should have done a better job of putting my foot down. But I really don't like lowering myself to the level of my attacker.

No. Your explanations were incorrect. There's a difference between auto-hitting, and being outplayed. You got hit by the latter. If you're backed against the wall, and a missile's coming at your face, you're not suddenly grabbing it and redirecting it as a normal Matoran or so; you're getting hit by it. But yet, someone launching such an attack wouldn't be committing an auto-hit...

Nor would they be committing one by calling you out if you tried to somehow miracle dodge your way out of the attack either.

What? Where did you get the idea that Ismekne's warhammer is a two-handed weapon? 

Well, you never complained the last half-dozen times we've referred to it as such, for a start. 

This is a hospital, not a prison. 

It's both, technically. Also a laboratory.

Most of those type ceilings are made of particle board or plywood.

Considering that it houses beings such as Sairaus, Hive and Parasite, I would imagine it's made of more sturdy materials. That, and nothing short of lava and pakaris have been shown to break through it thus far IC. 

I already explained why those attacks were auto-hits. Shooting a grenade at someone and claiming that any character's efforts to dodge the attack won't work is more of an auto-hit than what I did. 

Why are you bringing this up again? This has been explained to you so many times now, and you're clearly deliberately choosing not to listen. It was not an autohit, as I did not IC Ismekne being hit.

The fact that she was standing right next to Hive when he fired the gas directly at his feet - and action your character had no way of seeing, expecting or anticipating - meant she wouldn't have been able to dodge it.

Now, granted, I should have done a better job of putting my foot down. But I really don't like lowering myself to the level of my attacker. 

This.... this is just petty. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

*Sighs.*

Here we go again...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

She has at least one broken shoulder, and is trying to one-hand-wield a two-handed weapon, while trying to smash through a steel plated ceiling 

What? Where did you get the idea that Ismekne's warhammer is a two-handed weapon? I've been using it as a one-handed weapon for almost every fight she has been in. You needed to speak up on this subject looong before now. 

Up to this point, it hasn't mattered much whether she wields it one-handed or two. I for one assumed it was two handed when you expected it to level a Vortixx-sized exo-suit or protect your head from crashing through the ceiling. If you've ever Googled "one handed war hammer," those things are tiny. Unless Ismekne has super strength, her hammer would not be capable of those feats.

Edited by Click

Beyond that, common parlance (at least where a good few of us are from) generally indicates a pole weapon, rather than a much smaller weapon.

Regardless, this is an issue that could easily have been solved by pointing out in the profile that a weapon was meant for one or two handed use. Sure, personalities and bios and such don't need to be ridiculously fleshed out and explained. Weapons generally should be. Especially when the single term encompasses a wide range of different weapons - "axe," "warhammer," "sword," etc. - which is why I at least ( and I think Krayzikk as well ) try to generally use specific terms like "longsword" or "pole axe" or "lochaber" or such. Or at least include description to show size.

That part of it is just a factor of miscommunication and nothing else.

Now.

Let's stop with the being needlessly rude and insulting and get on to having fun in a game. Shall we?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

How large is the two-headed warhammer?

A steel-plated ceiling for the hospital of a Cult that makes it their everyday job to kill universes does not sound out of the question to me.

Erm, a handle about two feet long, with six-to-eight inch diameter heads on the end of it, and about a foot from head-to-head on the end. It's not that huge - remember, we're talking about a Ga-Toa with no strength enhancement. The reason it is so devastating is partly in the length of the weapon's handle, which allows for more momentum to be built into the swing. The head of it is steel and carries a certain amount of protosteel, which accounts for its weight.

Or, it's double the size of a sledgehammer. That's about 2-3 inches diameter, so double that, give it a steel handle. Sledgehammers can shatter bone if it hits something, or smash through wood blocks, lath, drywall. Steel on steel, not. Might leave a dent. I can carry a sledgehammer and do some swings with one hand, but I'm pathetically weak. For a Toa, who is much stronger than me...yeah. 

It can be wielded two-handed, but that defeats its point in some cases, since it's easier to get more play in the weapon that way. 

Not out of the question, no. But it seems funny that it is brought up now OOC. All you had to do was tell me that the ceiling was steel plated, and that post would have been edited. If you had written that the walls/ceiling had steel plates in them in the Containment Center description, okay. But suddenly evoking it when you don't want something to happen because Nato complained about it strikes me ill. 

My previous statement may have been in some error. It should of said that "common knowledge" is that a warhammer is something you use with two hands unless it was specifically made to be used with one. In this case that would of been saying that it was a one handed warhammer in the profile.

Regardless I would suggest that at least half the people who commented take a couple steps back so that we don't have a mob yelling at Fishers.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

...okay, uh, an eight inch diameter head is pretty big for a single handed weapon

the two foot long haft isn't ridiculous but slightly out of the norm

but

a head with a diameter half a foot or more?

yeah that's kinda ridiculous to expect that to be used well one-handed

historical one-hand use designed warhammers had smaller heads than that

actually

most pole weapon warhammers

had smaller heads than that

that's really ridiculous

and as for the accusing the staff of playing favourites

which is getting dangerously close to what you were doing at the end of your post there, "But suddenly evoking it when you don't want something to happen because Nato complained about it strikes me ill," that's not really polite or sensical

especially considering that you can at least think about the types that are often kept in the containment center

it's gonna be somewhere in between prison and hospital

prison for defense and stability and what-not

hospital/laboratory for obvious reasons

jsyk

• Upvote 2

profiles i guess

But suddenly evoking it when you don't want something to happen because Nato complained about it strikes me ill. 

Okay, seriously, this has to end. 

I don't know what it is you have against me in particular, but it needs to stop. This game does not revolve around me. I have pretty much zero influence on the actions and opinions of other players.

Stop trying to make out that I'm the cause of every single issue that other people have with you - because, guess what - I'm not. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

...okay, uh, an eight inch diameter head is pretty big for a single handed weapon

the two foot long haft isn't ridiculous but slightly out of the norm

but

a head with a diameter half a foot or more?

yeah that's kinda ridiculous to expect that to be used well one-handed

historical one-hand use designed warhammers had smaller heads than that

actually

most pole weapon warhammers

had smaller heads than that

that's really ridiculous

and as for the accusing the staff of playing favourites

which is getting dangerously close to what you were doing at the end of your post there, "But suddenly evoking it when you don't want something to happen because Nato complained about it strikes me ill," that's not really polite or sensical

especially considering that you can at least think about the types that are often kept in the containment center

it's gonna be somewhere in between prison and hospital

prison for defense and stability and what-not

hospital/laboratory for obvious reasons

jsyk

So very much this. A sledgehammer is already much larger than a warhammer's head, and in the real world is rarely wielded one handed in and of itself. Doubling the size of a sledgehammer is doubling the weight, too, unless you make it out of shoddy materials. And I can't say whether or not you've ever held a sledgehammer, but they're far from light.

A warhammer with a head of that size wouldn't even be possible to wield one handed with any degree of effectiveness.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

For the sake of ease of play most Toa are assumed to be more or less the same as really fit humans.

I know it can get slightly confusing at times but it gives everybody a good baseline to work with.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'd be a bit iffy about trying to wield a sledgehammer with one hand. Having been using one of late, I know I can lift them with one hand and swing them about with one hand, but I can't really get any decent accuracy or precision and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting as much power as I should be. To avoid hitting myself and to actually get a decent impact, two-handed is kind of better

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

...that's still pretty big

because that's sledgehammer size

and you do realize

most of the time with RPGs

as has been said repeatedly before, if not actually in the beginning of this discussion topic then on over in the planning topic

we use the base human norm for things

including weapon size

so that it's not ridiculous

most warhammers had heads with smaller diametres than three inches (two inches was the average maximum), and even then, that was only the striking surface, and then it thinned out at the joint between that and the eye (the hole where the head connects to the haft).

Having a warhammer with a head of four-inches diameter is not only unrealistic (unless you're going for a medieval maul, which was exclusively a two handed weapon), but it definitely wouldn't work with one hand. At all.

Not trying to seem rude or anything, but I'm rather fond of old weaponry and HEMA, so this is stuff I like to read about and look up and such a lot.

(also screw typical paragraph form i like my crazy lines)

• Upvote 3

profiles i guess

Yeah, a good rule of thumb is whether or not you can do it (or whether or not you could see someone you know doing it) with a little effort. Swinging around a sledgehammer one handed is possible, but probably not what you want to do in a combat scenario. A one handed warhammer is probably going to have a haft between one and one and a half feet long, and a head that's fairly small.

Probably worth clarifying for the future. A quick edit to Ismekne's profile to clarify wouldn't take long to have approved, and would probably go a long way to preventing this sort of issue. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Even if you did that, most humans are stronger than me. Girl does not always equal pencil-stick-arms. 

Also, realism please. You'd think she would have done at least some strength training to wield the weapon. Not like Zakaro, and if she got into an arm wrestling contest with Samantha she would lose big time, but still. 

I appreciate your interest in weapons, Grochi, but the picture/description isn't anywhere close to what I had in mind. 

Yeah, a good rule of thumb is whether or not you can do it (or whether or not you could see someone you know doing it) with a little effort. Swinging around a sledgehammer one handed is possible, but probably not what you want to do in a combat scenario. A one handed warhammer is probably going to have a haft between one and one and a half feet long, and a head that's fairly small.

Probably worth clarifying for the future. A quick edit to Ismekne's profile to clarify wouldn't take long to have approved, and would probably go a long way to preventing this sort of issue. :)

Or I can just have her wield the blasted thing two-handed. I'd rather have that happen than ruin my artistic vision. 

It's just...there's a problem with what you had in mind and what would be realistic at all. Even given strength training for it.

Controlling a weapon with a head that big would be hard to do. It's not a matter of strength, at that point, it's a matter of the balance point. The heavier the head is, the further away from your hand the balance point will be, and therefore, the less lively and harder to use it will be in your hand, generally you won't be able to move it around as quickly, and it'll be a pretty useless (and dangerous to the wielder) weapon. Unless you're using it two handed, in which case that evens it out a bit, because you have a larger "grip" section in that case and control will be retained.

Strength really only comes into play once you're strong enough to hold the weapon up and swing it, most of the time. The rest of it is all balance and leverage, even with axes and maces and hammers. =P

profiles i guess

Even if you did that, most humans are stronger than me. Girl does not always equal pencil-stick-arms. 

I did not mean it that way, simply that the characters here are somewhat less strong than you might expect from a Bionicle RPG.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I think SIlvan's point was that characters in this game operate on more human levels of ability, not that such a standard made Ismekne weak. Rather that things that are outside of a human range in general, such as handling a warhammer that's too large, are also beyond characters here.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Not out of the question, no. But it seems funny that it is brought up now OOC. All you had to do was tell me that the ceiling was steel plated, and that post would have been edited. If you had written that the walls/ceiling had steel plates in them in the Containment Center description, okay. But suddenly evoking it when you don't want something to happen because Nato complained about it strikes me ill. 

It's been there the entire time, but if you notice, none of the locations natively have any of their exact materials specified. But there should be slight logic, since it's a hospital/prison/laboratory/resting facility and such all combined, and everything has to be able to support everything that's there.

It wasn't evoked because Nato complained, and in fact, I was the first who had issue with it; everything just compounded.

I need a new insane person to have around. An insane cultist will do. As such: 

Name: Saran

Gender: Female (because if it's a guy, he'll live. All the girls I play tend to die. :P)

Species: Toa

Faction: Vapautti Sielu (technically loyal to Tuoni, but has her own plans, as insane people tend to do)

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Power of Light

Power/Weapon 2: Teleportation. Similar to Maeus' power in that she must have gone to the place she is teleporting to first in order to go there, lest she end up with her foot stuck inside a wall. The further away she is from her destination, the longer it takes to activate, because she must focus on the destination in her mind first - it is not a quick battle escape. 

Power/Weapon 3: A katana that she carries on her back.

Appearance: Saran's appearance is the standard white and gold of a Toa of Light. The strap for her sword is red in color, and goes over her right shoulder. The sheath itself is green and silver, with the silver looping in mysterious designs. Her mask appears to be the standard appearance of a Kualsi, masking the nature of this being's teleportation powers.

Bio: It was an especially sour day for Vapautti Sielu when they invaded one of the many versions of Spherus Magna...only to find out that the inhabitants of the planet weren't really inhabitants...they were clever holograms. The bait vanished soon after Hevias himself discovered the truth, leaving the cultists to storm the entire world looking for anyone. 

And the only one they found was Saran, who upon seeing the Great Heralds of War and Death, promptly paid them due respect and invited them to dinner. During the feast that followed, Saran pledged allegance to Tuoni during a simple and polite conversation. Saran also reassured Tuoni that there was no one else on the planet but her. Whether this was actually true or a ploy to lead the Heralds away from that planet remains unknown - but the cultists searched everywhere they could possibly think of for a hiding place, and nobody else was found.

Ever since then, Saran has lived at Tuoni's palace, studying the effects of the fields of death both out in the field and by machine - how it works, what causes it, that sort of thing. At least, that is what she is claiming to do. But Saran has a bad reputation for appearing all over the island for seemingly random reasons. One time she appeared in the middle of a Sota Game right as a monster was going to kill a Toa, and saved him from being crushed. Another time she fought her way into Hevias's domain only to take a pen. Some psychological patients' in the Containment center have claimed to have seen Saran without proof; citizens in the city of Fear have a legend that Saran fought Maeus and won. Most of this is probably farcical, but what is known is she seems to appear at the strangest times and for the strangest reasons.  

Personality/Other: Saran is just as eccentric as her teleportation suggests, with anything she says never seeming to make sense when she says it. 

Her weapon takes time to draw out of its covering, but once drawn, it has a long reach. Saran appears to have been trained in its use, however, and can move it quickly and deadly if she wants to. Her fighting style, however, has been known to baffle opponents. Sometimes she will use all light without touching her weapon, or draw her katana without bothering to use light, for example. 

Repost, w/spelling errors fixed. 

As this hasn't been getting much attention recently, I thought I'd chip in with another character, so I don't get too distracted from this by Year 60,000.

Name: Kortus

Species: Botar’s Species

Faction: Vapautti Sielu

Power/Weapon 1: Twin Battleaxes, Usually used for hacking up opponents. Stored on his lower arms when not in use.

Power/Weapon 2: Brute strength (Pakari-Level, allows him to lift impossibly heavy objects such as huge boulders)

Power/Weapon 3: Energy Whips (Can create tendrils of energy to contain his opponents, or to bring them closer to him so he can deal massive damage)

Appearance: Kortus is a Hulking brute, with dull gold armour covering his massive Maroon frame. His Twin Horns, Razor-sharp teeth, and powerful claws make him appear more of a monster than a person.

Bio: From a troubled time in the Matoran Universe, Kortus was driven from his tribe for his destructive tendancies, and went on a rampage until he was brought into the Cult, due to his effectiveness as a fighter and Intimidator. When the Bionifight facility crash-landed, he immediately started to plan how to effectively kill them all.

Personality/Other: Kortus’s main solution to most things is through Violence. He is very loud and short-tempered, and tends to pick fights with other Cultists. Despite his volatile and seemingly renegade personality, he is incredibly loyal to Hevias, and mainly operates under his word.

So yeah, I made a Cultist. Expect him to last until Landfall's over.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I still intend to keep Green. 

IC Therex -Sota colosium:

Therex bent over backwards, easily avoiding the punch, then with lightning speed stood up straight next ot the punch, grabbbed Scriva's arm, and flipped the TOa over his shoulder. "Stop it!",he growled.

I'm sorry, but saying that you grabbed another character and threw them is an autohit, and I'd like to request that you please edit this post. 

IC Therex -Sota colosium:

Therex bent over backwards, easily avoiding the punch, then with lightning speed stood up straight next ot the punch, grabbbed Scriva's arm, and flipped the TOa over his shoulder. "Stop it!",he growled.

I'm sorry, but saying that you grabbed another character and threw them is an autohit, and I'd like to request that you please edit this post. 

SOrry. Fixing.

FIxed

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Psycho approval?

One day...