Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

To add onto what Nato's saying there...

It took a Pakari boosted slam to break through the wall of that place... And yeah, Ismekne, fortitude or not, should be unable to do half of what she's doing. This has gone way past the point of what she should be able to do based off everything here, while fighting with injuries.

Elly, who's probably one of the biggest power of will users here, is barely able to stand after having her shoulder speared; and is also not an element wielder. Ismekne has been using her element so much through this, she should be out of that, for one. Then there's the fact that she shouldn't have enough strength to actually do this.

And all this is happening because she's continually prodding people after Sairaus already said she'd help once things were settled.

• Upvote 3

All of the criticisms we've made, and you choose to respond to them with a pointless joke about your character? 

I think it's clear that you're not taking this issue seriously. 

• Upvote 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The funny thing is, it's not even totally called for in this case, from what I've been reading. =P

I have to admit, given this character's trip to Karzahni, her tolerance for medical facilities that don't treat the patients therein is very low. (I tried to make this evident with the "take me to your leader!" yell of outrage. :P)

I mean, going to meet Sairaus wasn't exactly a social visit. She would be trying to analyze her strengths and weaknesses, and see how quickly she could bash her head in. The reason that she didn't automatically think of it was that she was pretty certain that she could not do so easily. Even for someone who is used to not getting what she wants and cutting her losses, this place is making her mortally ticked. So this character's mind isn't going to respond to any sweet-talking from Sairaus at all - she just wants the answer to one question, and that's if any healing is going on in that hospital. If there isn't, she's bringing it down. 

If she wasn't ticked, she might have walked through the wall she bashed through waaay back with Snese. But given the amount of anger and curiosity, it wasn't happening. So if you're wondering why things are the way they are, it's that. 

And that will end up killing her in the end, perhaps. :shrugs:

So instead of acknowledging the concerns that several people have now raised about the content of your posts, you continue trying to justify your character's attitude - which isn't even what this discussion is about.

We have pointed out the perceived faults in your previous two posts and asked you to edit them. If you don't feel that it is necessary for you to do so, explain to us why. Don't completely ignore the issue at hand and try to evade by changing the topic. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Hold up on second, since half of that still doesn't address the current issue.

Even if she somehow managed to break the ceiling(she didn't, because of various factors)...

This is the ground floor of the facility in question. And I'd like to know what type of hospital only has one floor. 0_o There should be at least two or three things she has to bash through. On near empty EE. With a broken shoulder. Near exhaustion.

No matter what, she should not be on the roof, it just ain't realistic. ._.

(also people are in fact treated there, so.)

• Upvote 2

Just another day in the Discussion Topic, I see.

Oh, and Sal got approved. Yay.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"I'm shocked that you would think I, a cripple, would dare perv on your breasts. They aren't even that great anyway."

Name: Aronis Ril

Species: Toa

Faction: Cultist of Plague

Power/Weapon 1: Motion Control

Power/Weapon 2: Ray Gun

Power/Weapon 3: Kualsi

Appearance: Well-armoured and draped in a sickly, dull red, the warrior known as Aronis to his pals and non-existent minions is a highly experienced fighter, as seen in his movements, and his pockmarked armour, covered in scratches from battles gone by, only serve to echo this. His torso is a drab crimson with some parts black, and his limbs are a sandy orange. His dark red mask has been customised to seem more menacing, with two horns sticking out of the top. Behind it lies a single orange-green eye, as the other is covered by an eyepatch for no apparent reason, though he claims that it has been sealed shut in ages past.

Bio: A street rat from the streets of the capital of a shining empire known as the Legion, Aronis went through a series of events that involved shooting laser rays at aliens or something and then later became a nihilist, finding his world and oppressive government to be completely worthless. After starting an epidemic by stealing samples of an ancient, deadly virus, he was arrested and about to be hanged, only to be rescued by the Cult. Indebted to them, he joined their ranks as a zealous member (possibly) of the Cult of Plague.

Personality/Other: Aronis is an upbeat guy with certain eccentricities. He cares not for the feelings of others, happily going about his business with little to no input or comments from other people. He's a bit of a weirdo, with a sense of priorities that can seem out of place, judging them on how he himself really feels about them. He is lazy at times, and can be a bit of dick to others. However, he has a sense of honour, always keeping his debts, though at most times he's really just a merciless dude who can probably be described as capital E "EVIL".

Approved.

Darkon, I'll work on your approval later, but, I'm gonna just say I'm a bit iffy on Kaiota's disintegration ability, just because of how it can affect weapons. ^^''

Judging by the argument I just read I feel like my going to hang out with members of my youth group and get donuts at 11:30 PM was a good idea for the preservation of my sanity.

Regardless.

Not only do you do loads of unrealistic things with Ismekne, but then when people are commenting on those things, raising concerns - quite valid concerns, in fact, because what you're doing seems to be a very good example of something called "godmoding" in that, sure, she's been hurt, but it barely means anything anyways and she'll still do whatever the heck she wants - you decide to...ignore it. You talk about your character's mood and do nothing else.

You talk about how this is ticking her off.

And nothing else.

No comments on the ridiculous power usage.

On the fact that Ismekne isn't being affected by the viruses and such like she should be.

On the issue with a broken arm and still going about just fine and dandy.

Ignoring the important parts of other people's posts in RP, which it definitely looks like you're doing (like, say, being attacked by Parasite - "i raised a waterspout i'm protected totes").

And loads of other issues.

Instead of responding to any of that, you...crack jokes and discuss why your character is angry.

That's just disappointing, Fishers.

• Upvote 4

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Darkon, I'll work on your approval later, but, I'm gonna just say I'm a bit iffy on Kaiota's disintegration ability, just because of how it can affect weapons. ^^''

This is going to be a horrible display of my infamous lack of foresight, but: I'm going to be pretty busy for this rest of this month and conceivably for a good time after that. Adding potential characters wasn't too smart of a decision in retrospect. These characters in particular are looking to be pretty problematic, so I think I'll just agree with you that they're overpowered and let them stay unapproved (sorry about having you spend time trying to judge their fairness only for this whimper of a decision).

pNNgXax.jpg

No worries; I'm sorry about the approval tease for Samael. ^^''

I totally get that, though, and it's definitely a good thing you realized it now... Still, sorry for this taking so long and being a bit weird in general. ^^'

Name : Psycho Yellow

Species : Villain

Faction : Cultist of Death

Power/Weapon 1 : Specialized elemental psionics. Unlike the typical psionics user, Psycho Yellow lacks refined skills like telekinesis, telepathy or hypnosis. Instead, his skill is entirely devoted to increasing his deadliness in battle. This is accomplished through a passive effect whereby any attack he lands is accompanied by a psionic assault of the same nature. A kick or punch would be accompanied by a stupefying blow to the mind, like getting knocked upside the noggin. Blows dealt with bladed weapons are accompanied by psychic slashes and stabs, which is quite literally like someone jamming your brain with a red hot poker

Power/Weapon 2/3 : Jikan Blade. A cursed scimitar with a clock face in the hilt. When given the command, it allows Psycho Yellow to briefly "erase" two seconds of time in his immediate (three meter spherical AoE) vicinity. To go into detail, it creates a space that deletes two seconds worth of time with only the wielder being able to maneuver and perceive this realm of missing time. It leaves only the results of actions that would've normally occurred. To people outside the pocket of erasure, it appears as if the wielder travels in a manner similar to the Kualsi. The wielder is limited to actions of mobility (readying a position from which to attack outside erased time, creating sneak attacks or "teleporting") and defense (skipping the impact of attacks, thus preventing damage). Though he has also been known to use it for convenience or scare tactics. The ability has a cool down timer of approximately five minutes, limiting it to at most, one usage per average fight

Appearance : A twisted reflection of a hero, bearing cruelly pointed armor and a jeering helmet reminiscent of a wolf. Sports a flowing and tattered bandanna that shares a wasp pattern with his armor, alternating between a sickly jaundiced yellow and the iridescent black-grey of crushed obsidian in jagged stripes

Bio : The Psycho Maccha Rangers were created by the collective negative emotions of the team after an arc in which Maccha Green and Maccha White were feuding and temporarily left the team. Mordnaught the Grandiloquent activated the sleeper cell AI within the Ranger's robot butler, Gamma, and had them steal their morphers, which contained a crystal that fed off the user's willpower and fighting spirit to grant them their Ranger powers. Deep in his layer, Mordnaught prepared six corpses of his fallen minions, the ashes of the saint's numeral and the blood of Nvrnsqr the Primordial and powered them with ill begotten power of the shackled avatar of Bara Magna's moon

Awoken by this eldritch ritual, the negative emotions and willpower imprinted on the morpher crystals was distilled and refined into six malevolent entities that possessed and transmogrified the remains. Their first action was to kill Mordnaught ON SCREEN, showing that they were both far darker and far edgier than any villain the Rangers had faced before. They were defeated during the nine episode Psycho Arc, causing a large amount of character development, loss and trauma for the Rangers, signified by their powerups and graduation from high school afterwards. Unbeknownst to any, the sheer evil written into these characters manifest outside the border of the dimensions of the multiverse and sought release. It found it on the barren island of the Cult. As of yet, only Psycho Yellow has awoken, crawling out of the Wailing Cliff's graveyard and presenting himself to the Herald of Death as evil incarnate and stained yellow

Personality : E v i l

Edited by Kaneo Takarada
  • Upvote 6

...but close to it

That is probably the single most awesome bio I've ever read. 

I said that I would not entertain any more petty discussion posts from Locus, and I'm standing by my word on that. However, should you think his accusations to be anyway justified, I would like you to take a look at this.

IC: Hive - Containment Centre. 

"What is all of this shouting?" A door further down the hall opened, and an orange-white mechanised being stepped out, its silvery faceplate regarding Snese and Ismekne impassively. "Some of us are in the middle of experiments." 

First of all, I would like to point out that Exo-Toa have heads, normally. This IC mentions a faceplate, something that would be hard to have with no head. 

Further, if we look at Hive's profile...

Name: Hive.
Species: AI/Exo-suit.
Faction: Vapautti Sielu. 
Power/Weapon 1/2: Nanoswarm – housed inside Hive’s armour is a swarm of miniaturised robot drones. The bots are roughly the size of a marble, and covered in small arms tipped with an array of different tools: a grasping claw, a curved blade, an eye/camera, a miniaturised blowtorch, a micro-sized chainsaw, and an interface that allows the drones to connect to most computer systems. Their primary purpose is to serve as a means of repairing/maintaining the exo-suit, and providing surveillance.
This ability does have its drawbacks, however. Hive must open up the suit in order to unleash the swarm, and the additional processor power required to manipulate the drones means the suit is rendered immobile while they’re deployed. The drones move via minute manipulation of magnetism, and can travel about half a kio from Hive before they’re out of wireless signal range.  
Power/Weapon 3: Pathogen Grenade Launcher – in place of the exo-suit’s left hand is a launcher that fires grenades packed with an aerosolised pathogen. The grenades don’t bounce or roll – instead detonating the instant they strike a surface – and have an effective dispersal radius of only a few bio. That said, the gun still fires grenades, and taking a direct hit from one is definitely going to leave a mark.
The pathogen the grenades use is a nasty concoction of Hive’s own creation, which triggers moderate inflammation and swelling in the victim. The effect is gradual, and starts in the throat – causing shortness of breath – before spreading to the skin, making movement somewhat painful and awkward. The higher the level of exposure, the worse the effect is.
Appearance: Hive’s true body is a simple microchip, contained somewhere deep inside the exo-suit’s system. The suit he inhabits has roughly the size and strength of a Vortixx, and is primarily silver-white in colour, with orange-coloured armour plating.
Bio: Created by a particularly talented cultist to serve Sairaus, Hive proved his worthiness to the Herald of Plague by teaching his creator a very important lesson: never create something that’s smarter than you are. With a position now vacant, Sairaus ordered an exo-suit body be made for her new servant to inhabit, and Hive has served her faithfully ever since.
Personality/Other: Devious, inventive and ruthless, Hive wasn’t created to feel emotions of any kind, but to instead rely on cold, remorseless logic. Although this leads him to wonder why he’s devoting himself to a religious cult – the exact opposite of logical – a failsafe in his baseline programming – do not question your Herald – prevents him from lingering on this line of thought.
He is, obviously, extremely talented in multitasking, and is constantly seeking out new information through research and experimentation. His current pet project is attempting to engineer a virus that is able to infect both living beings and machines, but he has met with limited success on this front.
MOC: http://i.imgur.com/OTNlGEw.png

...there's no mention of his Exo-suit being in any way different in the cerebral department. So writing that he has no head is a considerable farce.  

IC(Ismekne): "Real old news." Ismekne said. She reached out to Hive with her electricity control power, attempting to disrupt the flow of electricity through the robot's systems.

She turned at a sideways position to the door, hoping that would make it harder for either of the cultists to land an attack.

"Who is this?" he demanded of Snese. "She is not a servant of any of the Heralds." He was aware of the Toa's feeble attempt to disrupt the electricity inside of him, but made no indication that he had noticed it.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne intensified her efforts, localizing her power to cut off the electricity to the robot's head.

"Your 'guest' is attempting to damage me," he growled. Despite Ismekne's efforts, her powers had no effect because manipulating one's element inside another character's body is an autohit, and therefore against the rules he'd made sure to install surge protectors ages ago.

"And failing." There was the barest hint of smugness in his robotic voice.

And if we consult this link, we learn that Exo-Toa fire electro-rockets. Further, the Exo-Toa were torn up by one of the Kal that controlled electricity (I forget which one, but the point stands). 

In addition to this, according to Hive's profile, the thing is a computer chip, which requires electricity to operate. And, while this is more speculative, his swarm is controlled by magnetism, and the easiest way to generate that is by electric power. The character's very nature makes him vulnerable to electrical attacks.  Further, surge protectors wouldn't save him from the Toa's efforts to cut off power to what she thinks is his brain. 

It is required for your character to have one or more weaknesses. Invincibility is illegal.

If someone hits you where it hurts, then be hurt. Disregarding your weaknesses is not allowed.

Further, it's not an autohit. If Hive, say, blasted Ismekne with his grenade launcher while she was doing this, the power would have little to no effect because the Toa would have to break focus and move. It takes a little time for this attack to work.

Auto-hitting (throwing an attack at an enemy character and not allowing them to respond) is not allowed.

I did, in fact, allow him to respond and dictate the attack's effects, even though those effects weren't realistic. 

So in a realistic world, this character should have been out (knocked-out momentarily, not dead) before the weird interaction set where Ismekne tries to pass Hive. I wrote that to RP around this, and I tried to have Is dodge the grenade, like any other projectile weapon can be dodged, either by speed or maneuverability. This was an auto-hit because I was not allowed to state his attack's effects. This is because my response was declared "unrealistic" and invalidated. 

Hive was no mere drone. He was a Vortixx-sized exo-suit controlled by a highly advanced AI. As such, blasting him with water did nothing more than knock him back a few steps, before he dug in his heels and braced himself against the wall to stop himself from sliding any further. 

"The Lady would not except such rudeness in her presence," his voice now carried a very real trace of anger, "You're one of the beings from the facility that Tuoni and Maeus brought here, aren't you?" 

Just pointing out that Mr. Hive here has Vortixx size and strength, as well as brilliance, the powers of Snese stuffed in a grenade launcher with none of the vulnerabilities of that physiology, and is, by your own admission, invulnerable to electricity attacks. As such, he's at least mildly OP, even before we throw in his ability to release a deadly virus swarm that could kill multiple characters.  

He stomped on after the Toa, his longer strides allowing him to keep pace easily. As he closed in, he raised his weapon and fired a second grenade towards Toa's upper back, just below the neck. Hopefully the blast would knock her out. 

He couldn't help but wonder why Snese was so intent on taking her alive....

Now if I were being realistic, I would have several problems with this post. For one thing, Vortixx do NOT have longer strides than Toa. Second, Ismekne was running for her life at this point, and this post says nothing about Hive actually running. Vortixx size =/= huge freaking giant.

And if he was that big that he could stomp fast enough to outrun a Toa, he would be too big to fit in the hallway in the first place. Further, I had previously established that Ismekne was a runner IC, so it wouldn't be like Onewa running. Probably like trying to outrun one of those gym junkie jogger types, if not a seasoned cross-country runner.

It's not like Ismekne's universe has a bunch of mechanized transport, how I view it - if some village needs help, and she's not there, her legs may be the best option. Now I'm not saying that she has Kakama-level speed or anything, but I'd think she could have been out of range. Even at this stage, her being injured is unrealistic.

Now you can argue that the first dose of virus would have affected this. I've ran on with my throat sore before - and for a Toa determined to get out of there, I seriously doubt it would have mattered. But you didn't use the virus to explain it, or even say that he was running, so yeah.

But at this point, I allowed the injury to happen because Ismekne couldn't see it (running away), if I didn't let it happen, you would continue being an load of Karzanhi organs, and frankly I just wanted the character to die so this would stop. (I also thought the Nova blast would happen and put an end to the whole thing.) Also because I don't like stirring up conflict, and am a nice person.

Usually.

So we get the whole unconscious --> asleep --> back to the battle thing. But before I deal with that, let me point out that realism and fairness had already gone to long before we even got there. I did make a couple mistakes in miscalculating the size of the room. But that doesn't give you an excuse to write an OP and honestly unfair character. At least, if we're going by the GREAT BZPRPG STANDARDS you claim to uphold. 

On near empty EE. With a broken shoulder. Near exhaustion.

This toa tried to absorb water from the environment a before the battle as a precursor to a Nova blast that didn't happen. She should have full elemental energy reserves. 

Near exhaustion is an overstatement, although it could be a mild one. The lethargy virus Snese gave her she slept off, and Hive's isn't an exhausting virus - it just makes her pain feel worse. 

And that's before my reasoning above that dictates that, if the world were realistic (and I really felt like upholding that standard) the Toa wouldn't even be injured. In a realistic world, that Toa would be standing in the middle of that hallway with two functional arms, uninjured, exhausted, and at full power. She should be able to punch through three floors without a problem at all! :P <---that was a joke. Laugh. 

But having no EE, at least, is complete and total muaka.

Dragging the mangled remains of his latest failed test subject behind him, Hive heard Parasite's roar coming from somewhere near the entrance, and - with a noise that sounded suspiciously like a sigh - began to walk in that direction.

-==IC: Sairaus==-

"Hm..." Sairaus paused, and turned her head. "Do you hear something?" The robotic being clanked over to where the entrance was, and noticed Parasite near the door, as if in a defensive position...

OOC: ... Feel free to mention if I'm not up to date. ^^'

Hive rounded the corner a moment later, spotting Parasite, and.... "Lady Sairaus," he gave a stiff mechanical bow before the Herald of Plague, "When did you return?" 

IC parasite:

It's prey was not hasty.

A deep grumbling growl emanated from parasite. It was frustrated.

Twisting what remained of the vocal cords, it managed a word, in a twisted mirror of Seven's own voice.

"SssCAAAAAAAAAARED?!!!"

Quite a feat for a being that had never spoken before. With the added intelligence from its latest victims, it could perform basic words.

Three undead rose, and moved toward the forest.

And Seven's general location.

"The fact that you can't even say the god's name properly isn't helping your case," he said to Ismekne. "You've done nothing but lie since your arrival here." 

IC(Ismekne): The Toa growled and swung her warhammer at Hive's head with her good arm. "Since when did you get the magical power to appear and magically overhear whispered conversations?" The Toa readied a water blast - she suspected that her swing would miss. 

OOC: Yep, he would have to have been pretty close to hear that one.

There's no IC from Hive or Parasite in between that indicated that the group had moved. Only Sairus moves. First she stops by Snese and Ismekne, then goes to the door to talk to Hive and Parasite, and then returns. Hive shouldn't even be here. And he most certainly wasn't standing by the door the whole time. That's a farce. Snese and Ismekne were far inside the Containment Center - Parasite was by the entrance. 

But again, I was generous and RPed around these errors.

IC Parasite:

Alone

fury

It could feel in the air the presence of Seven.

It wanted to feed of him.

but perhaps the lizard creature would be a better choice.

indesicion

perhaps.... another chance. later. 

yes.

With a growl, it slunk back inside.

perhaps it could have the Ga-Toa.

It came into the room in time to see said Ga- toa swing a hammer at Hive.

injuries. open spots. entries. a door way for it to spread easily.

irresistable.

It stepped forward, into the light, Iskmene would be able to see it's full horrifying visage.

it gurgled at it's Herald questioningly, pointing with bony claws at the Ga-Toa.

Here's where Parasite showed up.  

IC Parasite:

It growled and gurgled in a manner not unlike a small child denied a sweet treat.

but stepped forward toward Iskmene all the same, the tentacle on its right hand waving in what could be considered an innocent manner.

The feelers twitched, and it huffed, gurgling at the Ga-Toa.

The host head fell forward, and from its dead lips came the same word from before.

"sssssscaaaaaaaaared???" 

"I take no pleasure in killing, nor any such menial task." He intoned emotionlessly, stepping forward with his hand poised to grab Parasite if the creature decided to attack, "It is simply a necessary part of what we do here." 

IC(Ismekne): "Snese, you really shouldn't use that expression, considering we're right in the middle of Karzanhi," Ismekne said with a grin. "You can blame Hive for the reason I'm not quite happy to go a few rounds." she said, addressing Selena. "Busted arm."

"Which means I have to go all the way back to the Bionifight facility and get treatment for the blasted thing, which I have to admit, is really boring. But if you join me, there's some pretty sweet medical tech down there. And a bunch of fighters to pick a sparring match with. Or kill them. Or experiment on them. That might just brighten up your day." As she talked, she was forming a waterspout under Hive, which she expected him to move away from. But it would be fun to bust a hole in the roof anyway...

"Really, Snese, you couldn't capture me if I fell in your lap. The only one who really has caused trouble for me is Hive."

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne released the waterspout. Whether the Ga-Toa could actually see the thing, thanks to the lava, whether Hive was standing over it, and whether the whole thing would turn into a hot steam bath instead of the ceiling-punching force she had intended are all things that will be decided by other posters following...

IC(Ismekne): "Then what do you take pleasure in, robot?" Ismekne said. "That goes for you too, virus cloud, who did try to kill me, you liar."

"You answered your own question, Toa." he replied almost smugly. "I'm a robot - an AI. Pleasure isn't part of my programmed algorithm."

Note that Locus did not even acknowledge this attack at all, something he would be quick to accuse me of. And that's why Parasite's actions went past Ismekne, because she was focused on punching Hive through the ceiling.

Or, at least, banging his head on the ceiling. The head which he does have, by the way.

Further, if Hive did move, there would already be a hole in the ceiling anyway. I could even have just had Ismekne go though that hole to the roof and escape without another scratch. 

But again, I was being generous and going with the probability, however low, that the lava killed that. Plus, given that I didn't know whether Hive had moved or not, that would have been out-of-permission bunnying. 

IC Parasite:

Ignored.

Unseen.

behind.

open. exposed. unwitting. ripereadyinfectinfectinfectinfect.

FEED.

LEAPING STRETCHING STRIKING BURROWING INFECTING KILLING SLICING TEARING.

Parasite leapt, eerily silent from behind Iskmene, Bone sword extended, ready to stab deep into her unprotected back.

ready to rend her apart, ready to consume, ready to infect her cells with its own, to add her knowledge to its own to add her power to its own.

I don't even have to say it. I already said it. At this point, this character has all but given up and she just wants out. And Parasite was behind her. At least I bothered to explain it realistically, unlike Locus who just ignores my attacks. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this is NOT the BZPRPG. This is Bionifight. In Bionifight, fighting against a mildly OP character is a whole lot of fun. If anyone remembers the Luroka vs. everyone interaction of times past, or the big blowout we had at the end of Drift Force where everyone was OP, yeah. 

And that's why I don't normally write up essays or complain every time someone has an OP character or even a slightly unrealistic interaction or makes a detail error. There are more detail errors here than I can shake a stick at, from me, Click, and even you, Mr. RPG-so-smart. But the thing about an OP character is that it is only fun to fight against them if you can actually fight against them. If you can't fight against them using creative power usage (something that Bionifight has always been about) then everything they do becomes an autohit, and every attack they are hit with has no effect. 

If Bionifight physics are in play, the character should be able to make the punch. If BZPRPG physics are in play, Ismekne should not be injured and should be able to make the punch and shouldn't even have to make the punch because there's already a hole in the roof (or however many floors in between). 

Also, it's possible that Mr. Hive could be on the roof as well, which is an opportunity that Mr. Locus could exploit in future ICs if he so desires. 

Realistically. :P

It may also be noted that Mr. Locus' claim of unrealism is a case of Inverse Accusation Syndrome, since he is guilty of the crime that he is (falsely) accusing me of. In the face of this fact, his accusation is, indeed, laughable.

As such, I will not be editing any IC posts, and Ismekne will remain on the roof until a realistic exit can be obtained, or the character is killed or moved by another character. I would appreciate it if Mr. Locus would consider his own posts before criticizing the posts of others, and refrain from insults, intimidation, and enlisting others in insulting and intimidating me. If I were as nasty and unreasonable as you claim, I would have reported Grochi's posts for flames. If this continues, I will. 

I'm human, and I make mistakes. I welcome those who point them out. I do not welcome unfair play because of your character's unwillingness to be hit, and your own petty self-interest.

Thanks.

On a more serious note, I'm not staff, but I do have a concern regarding this first power:

Power/Weapon 1 : Specialized elemental psionics. Unlike the typical psionics user, Psycho Yellow lacks refined skills like telekinesis, telepathy or hypnosis. Instead, his skill is entirely devoted to increasing his deadliness in battle. This is accomplished through a passive effect whereby any attack he lands is accompanied by a psionic assault of the same nature. A kick or punch would be accompanied by a stupefying blow to the mind, like getting knocked upside the noggin. Blows dealt with bladed weapons are accompanied by psychic slashes and stabs, which is quite literally like someone jamming your brain with a red hot poker

Due to various incidents in the past involving a certain psionics-abusing dragon, I believe it was established that forcing your way into someone's head to make them see/feel/experience things was a form of autohit. 

Something you yourself attested to, as it happens:

RPing that you crawled in everyone's head and they were experiencing pain/illusions/headaches/whatever is an autohit.

Yet this power basically consists of completely disregarding people's existing mental defences - not to mention the increased abilities of the many psionics users in this game - to do exactly the sort of thing you once condemned. 

EDIT: Holy wall of text.... I shall respond to that in good time. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

This IC mentions a faceplate, something that would be hard to have with no head. 

Further, if we look at Hive's profile......there's no mention of his Exo-suit being in any way different in the cerebral department. So writing that he has no head is a considerable farce.  

You know what else isn't mentioned in Hive's profile? The word Exo-Toa.  Because he isn't one. The word faceplate in my post was a reference to the shiny silver bohrok shell that sits on the font of his torso, as is clearly depicted in his MOC. 

In addition to this, according to Hive's profile, the thing is a computer chip, which requires electricity to operate. And, while this is more speculative, his swarm is controlled by magnetism, and the easiest way to generate that is by electric power. The character's very nature makes him vulnerable to electrical attacks.  Further, surge protectors wouldn't save him from the Toa's efforts to cut off power to what she thinks is his brain. 

If you'd tried blasting him with lightning or something, that would've had an effect. But the fact of the matter is that you tried to take control of the electricity inside his body, which is a form of autohit, and thus against the rules. 

The surge protector thing was a joke someone on Skype suggested I put in, nothing more. 

It is required for your character to have one or more weaknesses. Invincibility is illegal.

This isn't the BZPRPG, this is Bionifight. Different game, different rules. 

If someone hits you where it hurts, then be hurt. Disregarding your weaknesses is not allowed. Funny you should quote this while Ismekne has been blatantly ignoring the effects of several different viruses and a broken shoulder blade. 

Further, it's not an autohit. If Hive, say, blasted Ismekne with his grenade launcher while she was doing this, the power would have little to no effect because the Toa would have to break focus and move. It takes a little time for this attack to work.

It is an autohit, because you are controlling your element inside someone else's body.  If Jorth manipulated Ismekne's flesh to turn her inside out, or Kale took control of her bones to rip her apart, you would have taken issue with it. What Ismekne tried to do to Hive is exactly the same thing. 

So in a realistic world, this character should have been out (knocked-out momentarily, not dead) before the weird interaction set where Ismekne tries to pass Hive. I wrote that to RP around this, and I tried to have Is dodge the grenade, like any other projectile weapon can be dodged, either by speed or maneuverability. This was an auto-hit because I was not allowed to state his attack's effects. This is because my response was declared "unrealistic" and invalidated. 

As was pointed out to you numerous times by numerous people, it's impossible to dodge a projectile that you can't see coming, and thus have no way of anticipating or avoiding. It was not an autohit, as I didn't state that Ismekne was hit. 

That was left up to you, and you chose to be ridiculous about it. 

Just pointing out that Mr. Hive here has Vortixx size and strength, as well as brilliance, the powers of Snese stuffed in a grenade launcher with none of the vulnerabilities of that physiology, and is, by your own admission, invulnerable to electricity attacks. As such, he's at least mildly OP, even before we throw in his ability to release a deadly virus swarm that could kill multiple characters.  

Hive's size and strength is far less than that of many other characters - such as a dragon you yourself have - his grenade launcher's pathogen is incredibly limited in comparison to Snese, and is non-lethal, and he is not invulnerable to electric attacks. 

He is, like all PCs, immune to non-GM autohits, though. 

Now if I were being realistic, I would have several problems with this post. For one thing, Vortixx do NOT have longer strides than Toa. Second, Ismekne was running for her life at this point, and this post says nothing about Hive actually running. Vortixx size =/= huge freaking giant.

Vortixx are much taller than Toa. They have longer legs, which means they have longer strides. 

And if he was that big that he could stomp fast enough to outrun a Toa, he would be too big to fit in the hallway in the first place.

You mean the hallway that's built to accommodate Sairaus, who is way bigger than Hive is? Nah, I think he'd fit just fine.

Now you can argue that the first dose of virus would have affected this. I've ran on with my throat sore before - and for a Toa determined to get out of there, I seriously doubt it would have mattered. But you didn't use the virus to explain it, or even say that he was running, so yeah.

She was suffering from the effects of a virus that caused her skin and throat to swell, making movement and breathing difficult. You can't just no-sell something like that and claim your character should still be able to outrun a being bigger than she is. 

But at this point, I allowed the injury to happen because Ismekne couldn't see it (running away), if I didn't let it happen, you would continue being an load of Karzanhi organs, and frankly I just wanted the character to die so this would stop. (I also thought the Nova blast would happen and put an end to the whole thing.) Also because I don't like stirring up conflict, and am a nice person.

Again, as was explained by a staff member, setting off a Nova blast in just two posts was never going to work. 

This toa tried to absorb water from the environment a before the battle as a precursor to a Nova blast that didn't happen. She should have full elemental energy reserves. 

​What water is there to absorb in a stale, sterilised hospital building? Not a whole lot, I would imagine. 

Near exhaustion is an overstatement, although it could be a mild one. The lethargy virus Snese gave her she slept off, and Hive's isn't an exhausting virus - it just makes her pain feel worse. 

As Click mentioned earlier, she was asleep for all of five minutes. That isn't enough time to sleep off the effects of either virus. And Hive's virus does not "make her pain feel worse." It makes breathing and movement difficult by causing painful swelling and inflammation. 

But having no EE, at least, is complete and total muaka.

Again, you're disregarding what numerous other people have said to suit your own opinions, made even worse by the fact that one of those people is a GM.

There's no IC from Hive or Parasite in between that indicated that the group had moved. Only Sairus moves. First she stops by Snese and Ismekne, then goes to the door to talk to Hive and Parasite, and then returns. Hive shouldn't even be here. And he most certainly wasn't standing by the door the whole time. That's a farce. Snese and Ismekne were far inside the Containment Center - Parasite was by the entrance. 

But again, I was generous and RPed around these errors.

Hive was outside the door of the room where he saw Sairaus exit - the same room Ismekne and Snese were in. And since Sairaus is apparently able to see Hive and Parasite from that doorway, it means they weren't "far inside" the facility at all, but instead close to one of the entrances.

So yet again, you are trying to ignore/disregard facts that have been agreed upon by multiple players in favour of your own personal views. 

Note that Locus did not even acknowledge this attack at all, something he would be quick to accuse me of. And that's why Parasite's actions went past Ismekne, because she was focused on punching Hive through the ceiling. 

I actually must apologise for this, as I missed that post. But instead of pointing this out to me and asking me to respond, you chose to continue posting, leaving me very confused as to what was even going on.

I might also add that, upon eventually locating and reading the post, I was extremely confused as to what the attack and its intended effects were supposed to be. 

But again, I was being generous and going with the probability, however low, that the lava killed that. Plus, given that I didn't know whether Hive had moved or not, that would have been out-of-permission bunnying. 

So again, instead of alerting me to the fact that I'd missed a post, you just went ahead and did whatever you wanted to, then got angry at me here for it? 

Well done. 

If you can't fight against them using creative power usage (something that Bionifight has always been about) then everything they do becomes an autohit, and every attack they are hit with has no effect. 

"Creative power usage" is completely different to "something that the staff have already said you can't do." 

If Bionifight physics are in play, the character should be able to make the punch. If BZPRPG physics are in play, Ismekne should not be injured and should be able to make the punch and shouldn't even have to make the punch because there's already a hole in the roof (or however many floors in between). 

Both games use the same physics. With Bionifight, it's a little trickier because of the crazy amount of custom powers and unique abilities. That said, the same rules are still in play - use common sense, play fairly, don't be unrealistic. 

Saying that your character should be completely uninjured after everything she's gone through is not fair or realistic. 

It may also be noted that Mr. Locus' claim of unrealism is a case of Inverse Accusation Syndrome, since he is guilty of the crime that he is (falsely) accusing me of. In the face of this fact, his accusation is, indeed, laughable.

As I have explained above, and other players can feel free to add their own comments on the issues, but I believe I've made every attempt to be realistic about the ccapabilities of my characters - something you yourself have not done.

As such, I will not be editing any IC posts, and Ismekne will remain on the roof until a realistic exit can be obtained, or the character is killed or moved by another character. I would appreciate it if Mr. Locus would consider his own posts before criticizing the posts of others, and refrain from insults, intimidation, and enlisting others in insulting and intimidating me. If I were as nasty and unreasonable as you claim, I would have reported Grochi's posts for flames. If this continues, I will. 

I must note here how incredibly amusing I find this whole situation. 

Here, you have pointed out what you perceive to be faults with my posts. And now I have done my best to justify my actions. However, when myself and other players have made similar points regarding your posts, you choose to ignore them completely, crack jokes, or instead try to deflect the issue by attacking  and threatening them instead - as you've done to me and Grochi here. 

I'm human, and I make mistakes. I welcome those who point them out.

And yet, here we are...

I do not welcome unfair play because of your character's unwillingness to be hit, and your own petty self-interest.

Generally if someone has a half-dozen other players agreeing with their side of the argument, it's not got much to do with pettiness or self-interest. 

Thanks.

You really shouldn't try to out-logic me, man. I have training from the masters.  :P (Just give up, you've already lost.  :P)

Considering how laughably inaccurate your so-called logic is, I think you ought to talk to your alleged masters and ask for a refund. :D (See, I can make pointless jokes with goofy emoticons as well!) :P

His not gonna give up that easily Fishers. Trust me I know... Or you can read the Student Register

I have no intention of giving up.

As a good friend once said to me: "You mess with the Drop Bear, you're gonna get the drop."

*sets up popcorn vending stand*

Get it hot!

Thanks. All of this typing is making me hungry. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...
  • Upvote 2

IC: Dio Folle

Corpses. She sighed quietly due to the voices. Why could she not have killed them? Granted, they were probably cultists... She wondered if she had some sort of route out. Knowing this place, though, probably not. Dio Folle turned around to confirm her suspicions...

Hey Voltex, think this got lost.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

Corpses. She sighed quietly due to the voices. Why could she not have killed them? Granted, they were probably cultists... She wondered if she had some sort of route out. Knowing this place, though, probably not. Dio Folle turned around to confirm her suspicions...

Hey Voltex, think this got lost.

I'll edit that into my last post.

I don't think I've payed any real attention to this topic for the last week due to the ragewar.

• Upvote 9

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

One thing I would like to mention:

​What water is there to absorb in a stale, sterilised hospital building? Not a whole lot, I would imagine. 

This hospital building also happens to be set in the middle of a large swamp, and I doubt it's all that sterile, considering this is the Cult of Plague. So there could be plenty of water, but that doesn't mean she couldn't have run out by now after creating multiple water spouts with enough force to buoy up an entire being.

Other than that, I agree with the points Nato made here.

• Upvote 3

Okay everyone, let's all take a couple deep breaths and step back for a moment.

Being an RPer myself, I know how easy it is to get invested in these games, both mentally and emotionally. When stuff happens that we don't agree with, it's often difficult to attempt to correct it without exchanging angry words and seeing tempers flare. Things can go south very quickly.

The discussion in this topic hasn't yet crossed that line, but it has come a little too close for comfort a couple times. So I'm just here to issue a friendly reminder to respect your fellow players and respect the game. If another player takes issue with your actions, then discuss it with them calmly and rationally. Accept the possibility that you might be in the wrong! And if a conclusion can't be reached, then take it to the game's staff and respect their decision.

In the end, we're all here to have fun. So let's do our best to get along and respect each other.

Thanks. :)

• Upvote 8

Wow. Just... wow.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yup. She was right. Sighing quietly, she turned her attention to the voices. Well, she was not going to figure out anything... Fun just sitting down here. But from the sounds of it, there were two voices, and as glorious as she was, she probably couldn't take them on in a direct fight. Oh... Let's do something super fun! She opened her mind... Now, what were they? A... Dragon, it seemed, and a... Skakdi. Oh... I know what I can do...

Dio Folle smiled as she entered the mind of the dragon. Yup. Sure enough, he had seen the Herald. Perfect. Now then... Dio Folle casted an illusion, which would make the dragon see and hear none other than Maeus fo Kuru himself in the random Skakdi. Hopefully, the dragon would fall for it...

Erm, this seems to take effect after Lucina's IC, correct, in time? Also, A.D. cannot see right now - is this illusion made of light, or would it be all mental and change what his mind perceives to be there?

Just making sure before I make a response.

If I could just jump in here for a second. Looking back at the same psionics issues I mentioned to Tiragath earlier today, I feel obliged to point out a slight issue with what Dio Folle is doing. 

From the post fishers linked earlier, it sounds like he's entering A.D's mind to make him see and hear what Dio wants him to. If this is the case, then A.D would easily be able to detect the foreign presence in his mind, and if he chooses to resist, then the illusion may not work at all. 

He's certainly going to know that someone is messing with his head.