Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

I really do like that profile, and you've included enough limitations that the implementation of the concept of two different power/weapon sets is nowhere near overpowered here. However, Voltex has reminded us in the past to keep profiles close to the provided format, and this is a definite departure from that... I'd love to make an exception here, though. Not yet approved.

You'd have to resubmit the profile for approval.
As a note, though not an official rule, I think weapon changes are more likely to be approved than power changes.

Okay, might want to replace Dartakh's armour with something more useful. How will the change occur IC? Does the character need to ask the staff or something?

With a power change, I'm not really sure how it'd work... maybe he appeals to the Enforcer/Queen to block a different power and allow another? With weapons, it could be as simple as obtaining something else from the gym/Training Sector. (I'd think that there'd be weapons stored there, but obviously you wouldn't be allowed to take any into the Arena with you without changing it in your profile first.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

What would the rules be on me tweaking my character's physical description? I rushed a bit while writing it and forgot to add a couple things.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I really do like that profile, and you've included enough limitations that the implementation of the concept of two different power/weapon sets is nowhere near overpowered here. However, Voltex has reminded us in the past to keep profiles close to the provided format, and this is a definite departure from that... I'd love to make an exception here, though. Not yet approved.

I actually talked to Tex before I submitted it here, and he seemed okay with it. That said, I can't currently provide any proof of that except my word, so by all means confer later. Vacation's next week, I'm in no rush. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

What would the rules be on me tweaking my character's physical description? I rushed a bit while writing it and forgot to add a couple things.

As long as your edits don't affect how the character would be in combat (i.e. adding a tail, or two extra arms, or head spikes that you could gore someone with) it'll be no problem at all.

I actually talked to Tex before I submitted it here, and he seemed okay with it. That said, I can't currently provide any proof of that except my word, so by all means confer later. Vacation's next week, I'm in no rush. :P

I'll believe it. Good to go, then. :) Noroi approved!

Okay, updated Krantax. Better now? (and care to tell me it what regards he's similar to Spinax excluding the fact they're both energy hounds).

Name: Krantax

Species: Energy Hound

Power/Weapon 1: Energy tracking - Energy Hounds can track down even a speck of dust.

Power/Weapon 2: Gaping maw that can siphon energy. The energy siphon drains energy from the target and transfers it to the energy hound, weakening the target and strengthening the energy hound.

Power/Weapon 3: Sharp claws.

Appearance: Like an energy hound.

Bio: Krantax was one of 7 guard dogs for a group of seven Toa, fighting along-side the Toa. He was brought to Bionifight for no real apparent reason, most probably because his Toa was meant to be brought to Bionifight instead of him.

Personality/Other: Highly defensive, highly aggressive.

When I said to specify I was referring to how it weakens the target and strengthens Krantax.... but I think it'll be no issue if you're reasonable and consistent about it. Krantax approved!

but their spirits

As long as your edits don't affect how the character would be in combat (i.e. adding a tail, or two extra arms, or head spikes that you could gore someone with) it'll be no problem at all.

Since I last changed up Shixahl's profile, I added a tape measure-esque, spring-loaded retraction system that winds Shixahl's wires back up when he lets go of them. I meant to bring this up, but forgot. =P

I assume something like that is worth at least mentioning, since it does, even if only slightly, affect his performance? (Specifically, he doesn't have to wind up his wires manually. :P)

Oh, and I also added the dimensions of his knives ("I used my own throwing knife for reference."), and detailed what parts of his gauntlets nullify kinetic energy, and which don't. Since these are more along the lines of specification than of change, are things like this necessary to mention?

*Snaps fingers*

I'm not going to play as this character yet, but I want to see if it gets approved or if I need to modify the profile.

Name: Phazur, Priest of Yrnagu

Species: Yr-Matoran, Matoran of Despair

Weapon 1: Staff of Channeling, used to channel an element. It allows Phazur to use their element despite being a Matoran. The staff is made out of petrified wood and decorated with dark blue and red jewels. The symbol of Yrnagu, a face of a maskless Matoran screaming, is displayed on an icon made out of obsidian attached on the top of the staff.

Power 2: Element of Despair. A being wielding the powers of Nightmares is able to cause someone to be struck by visions displaying the worst fears of the victim. The visions appear for no more than a few seconds, but the victim's sense of time is changed, resulting in them feeling that the visions last much longer. Because Phazur is a Matoran, most of their elemetal energy is expended after making a single individual suffer from these horrifying visions. Beings with psionic abilities (e.g. telepathy) are immune to this power.

Weapon 3: Obsidian dagger, a short ceremonial dagger made out of obsidian. Can be used for self-defence.

Appearance: Phazur appears to be an usual Matoran - except for their mask, which is white, blank, shapeless and only has holes for the eyes. The eyes themselves glow dark red and always appear weary. Their body is mostly black and dark blue. They are slightly taller than the average Matoran, with disproportionate arms.

Bio: Phazur is a priest of Yrnagu, the god of nightmares, despair and grief. It was their job to counsel those who suffered from nightmares, who were desparate and who had lost their loved ones. Their universe had no Mata Nui or Makuta, for both had perished a long time ago, forcing the Matoran to survive by themselves. They gradually adopted a new pantheon of gods and goddesses, their personalities and roles based on all the elemental powers. This universe had several unique elements, more focused on emotion, such as Love, Hatred and Joy. Phazur might not be a combatant, but they have the power to bring most beings to their knees.

Personality/Other: Phazur is neither male or female. Their voice is a mixture of both. Because of Phazur's role in their society, they have developed a kind, calm and emphatic personality, that is however shadowed by depression.

Approved.

Oh, I forgot to reply last night, he is approved, I just had wanted to have clarification.

Especially since it sounds like it's only physical-based moves, and not elemental stuff. xP (I was not in the mood for posting after I wrote some stuff for another thing. >>')

How exactly do fights here work?

I need to know Before Rahkshi of Chain Lightning comes in...

There is already at least one Rahkshi of Chain Lightning, buddy. And a Toa of lightning. And some other crazy stuff.

How do fights work? Well, one guy posts their character making an attack, the other guy can counter the attack. No autohits or godmodding. You must remain reasonable - if someone hits your character in the head when they're unconsious, you pretty much need to let that attack hit.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

There is already at least one Rahkshi of Chain Lightning, buddy. And a Toa of lightning. And some other crazy stuff.

Like a Glatorian of Lightning, or a half-Glatorian with no elements and electric gauntlets... =P

*Snaps fingers*

We've already got two of those. Perhaps come up with something more original?

We have enough Rahkshi

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think there's...three Toa of Electricity? More?

Probably more.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Little confused about your last attack, Mustang, what exactly are you doing with this... wire knife thing?

Additionally, how are you causing them to wrap around Kotak when.... physics.

Unless you can directly manipulate the knives?

Clarification would be awesome.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Since I last changed up Shixahl's profile, I added a tape measure-esque, spring-loaded retraction system that winds Shixahl's wires back up when he lets go of them. I meant to bring this up, but forgot. =P

I assume something like that is worth at least mentioning, since it does, even if only slightly, affect his performance? (Specifically, he doesn't have to wind up his wires manually. :P)

Oh, and I also added the dimensions of his knives ("I used my own throwing knife for reference."), and detailed what parts of his gauntlets nullify kinetic energy, and which don't. Since these are more along the lines of specification than of change, are things like this necessary to mention?

*Snaps fingers*

The wires were worth mentioning, but retroactively approved now that you've indicated it.  

We have enough Rahkshi

We do have a lot, but a new player has just as much right to make a Rahkshi character as anyone else.

but their spirits

Shixahl is throwing a knife, which is attached to a long wire, and then tugging on the wire to guide the flight path of the knife. This causes the knife to begin swinging around him, much like when one swings an object on a string over one's head. When there is an object, such as a person, between Shixahl and the knife, the wire pivots on that object, causing the knife to wrap it up in wire.

And then BZZZZZZZZT

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

It's not that we have a problem with Rahkshi, per se. It's just that lots of people (myself included) brought over their Rahkshi characters from anther RPG, and now this game is kind of completely inundated with them. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The only problem is that we have an oversaturation of electricity powers (and Rahks too, lol). You're welcome to use Chain Lightning, but both as an RPer to an RPer and as a host to a player, I'd suggest choosing something different for the sake of variety. :D

Edited by Anung Un Rama
  • Upvote 2

but their spirits

And that isn't his fault or related to him in any way.

So is it really worth mentioning or decrying his originality?

No.

It is worth mentioning, because of this:

we do have an unfortunate number of both Rahkshi and lightning users in this RPG. :P

Maybe we should just let you go. :evilbiggrin:

Edited by Roman Torchwick

>mfw there are only two of us here who are dual dragon/flying type

brb retconning xae's backstory so he's a magical forest spirit so i can say he's steel/fairy

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Lightning might be old, but it's also reliable, and effective. Xara racked up 4 KO's before finally dying. 

EDIT: I have quit bionifight infinite.

Name: Fulmen

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: As a toa of lightning, Fulmen can create, control and absorb lightning. A special technique of his is to force all his elemental powers to his right hand and charge at the opponent while concentrating the lightning into his fist. When he strikes, the opponent is electrocuted violently and they can either be immobilized for a long time or killed if their vital systems are shorted out.

Power/Weapon 2: The toa of lightning is equipped with a modified steel long-sword so the cross-guard is longer, a hand-guard is built onto the hilt of the sword and the hilt is coated with copper wire so Fulmen can channel his powers more easily. When in use, one can see bright blue sparks coming out of the pommel.

Power/Weapon 3: Fulmen carries a shield to accompany his sword. It is colored the same tone of blue like the rest of his body.

Appearance: When Fulmen was transforming into a toa, he envisioned himself as a toa mata, resulting in his body being shaped in a similar fashion to Lewa in his mata form. His feet, torso and hands are the same tint of sand blue as his Sanok. His limbs are white and before a battle, Fulmen equips himself with greaves, thigh plates, shoulder pads and gauntlet, all colored with the same shade of blue as his kanohi.

Bio: During his time before Teridax's death, Fulmen spent his life on one of the southern islands. One day, he wanted to test out a breathing apparatus he created and took a dive into deep waters. It worked for a few minutes, then malfunctioned. The matoran panicked and tried desperately to reach the surface. On the verge of death, he struggled as Fulmen tried to reach fresh air, feeling himself get weaker as he got closer to the surface. Sometime later, the whole village had surrounded him, along with the turaga, who had told him he was floating on the water, unconscious, but alive. Fulmen had a fear of water since that day and avoided swimming.

Fulmen evacuated the matoran universe to Spherus Magna after the death of Teridax. The turaga of his tribe gave the matoran a toa stone and told him to use it at their suva. After the transformation, the newly formed toa of lightning received his weapons, which were previously used by the turaga during his time as a toa and exchanged Fulmen's kakama for a great Sanok. Recently, Fulmen has caught wind of a tournament that will greatly reward the victor and the toa of lightning has set off to find the arena, seeking to win.

Personality/Other: Unlike most vo matoran, Fulmen is a male, which makes him stand out from the rest of the tribe. Like all vo-matoran, Fulmen is sociable and works well in teams. As a toa of lightning, he believes in keeping the matoran safe by any means necessary and puts their safety above his own. There is one thing that may be detrimental to his combat abilities and that's his phobia of water.

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'm not staff but...

1. How many lives can a character start with?

2. Once you lose all of them, what happens to you?

1. Every character starts of with 7 lives. These can be lost by breaking rules and/or skipping tournaments.

2. When a character loses their lives, they die.

The information is in the introduction.

• Upvote 1

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~