Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

If everyone who dies in a round lost a life for their failure, we'd lose a lot of PCs during the seventh match. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, both of my characters got KO'd, so it doesn't matter much to me. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If everyone who dies in a round lost a life for their failure, we'd lose a lot of PCs during the seventh match. 

Personally, I would have found that interesting, as not only does it force you to venture into the tunnels to earn extra lives, it makes the tournament seem a little more dangerous.

• Upvote 4

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

If players feel like that would improve the RPG, that's something that we can add. It would certainly be in-character for the Host. :P

But it'd have to be like, 85% majority since that's a whooooooole lot of characters that would be dying.

(in other news, I think it's fine how it is right now until it isn't)

IC: Donrioda/Lil' Blendy

The drone whizzed through the blizzrd, searching for anyone or anything nearby. The light glinted faintly off of its dull white surface, barely making it visible against the snow. It whirred and hummed, and caught sight of two combatants - Zakaro and Artorre. The drone turned around, and started heading back towards Donrioda.

---

Donrioda stood there, waiting. Lil' Blendy should have been back by now. It was worrying, being without her little robot, but she knew it would be okay. The two of them went through worse.

Well, that was unexpected. :P

VBWj75sh.png

I think I prefer things the way they are as well. 

I feel like it would improve the RPG. :D

*Snaps fingers*

sadomasochistic much

I don't honestly believe it would improve the RPG, even if we were to give a larger amount of initially-given lives to compensate, because that would mean that a larger portion of the game would be spent trying to earn extra lives than doing much of anything else, like building a story - and if you wanted to avoid that, then you'd have to cheapen the experience of earning the extra lives to the point that this would turn from being any sort of story RPG to being a video game minus graphics.

And if people still don't earn the extra lives, either because they just don't or because you don't cheapen and make easier the process, then that means you'll have a fairly high turnover rate of characters, meaning either this game will get very convoluted with the number of characters both being made and used and being referenced at times, or this game will die because of people just getting annoyed with the fact that no matter what they do it's nigh impossible for them not to get their character permanently killed, preventing them from making any sort of story they'd want to.

With that, I cast my vote for no, let's not make that change. This RPG would be lucky to get off just not being hurt, and I definitely can't see a change like that helping the game.

• Upvote 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I would actually very much like an RPG where characters are faced with eventual, inexorable death as a consequence for failure. Particularly in a 999-esque setting, where they're forced to suspect and turn upon each other out of self-preservation. Obviously, such a thing as that would require the players going into it knowing before hand, though, so yeah, wouldn't really work here.

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

I was just thinking that. 

I'd have to say no for here, but have to agree with the previous suggestion of The Asylum, considering our first PC death was, like, three days in OOC.

Not much has been going on in that regard lately, though, since it slowed down quite a bit.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: I'm fairly certain that damaged Kanohi suffer adverse effects, such as gradual lessening or loss of power, but I'm too lazy to go looking through resources for the lines that I remember as indicating that. =P

A small crack in the Vahi caused time around it to go haywaire. A normal mask with a significant section of it cut off is probably going to just stop working.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Plot twist: the round is already over.

• Upvote 1

... or in between rounds, if you really want to do them in

I'm making a list, and I'm checking it twice. I'm also looking for somewhere to hide the bodies....

• Upvote 3