Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Bionicle lightning is slower than real lightning, but still difficult to dodge...

Skorm approved by me, still requires approval from Tex or Anna

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Heads up everyone I'm interacting with, my life just got a lot busier out of the blue because I just got promoted to manager by default, so my responses will be less frequent across the board unless we get actual management here soon.

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Is this future Skorm?

Sort of, not really. This character was named after a Ba-Toa named Skorm who sacrificed himself in a black hole. BZPRPG Skorm is an amalgamation of said Ba-Toa and another team. Amusingly, the most powerful of them was the De-Toa, whom Vakua is a tweaked much toned down version.

This Skorm compared to BZPRPG Skorm is practically scrawny, as well.

The times, they are a-changing...

Hey, question concerning powers/items and the race of Makuta: 

I understand that you only have access to three choices - but what about a Makuta's armor? Is this included in those? Along with that, would absorption be considered a part of their Shadow elemental abilities, considering that the shadow hand is their form of absorption - or, again; is that a separate ability? 

Just as I was about to make an Arty post, something came up, and it became necessary that I leave. So, don't rely on him to start the conversation. =P

I'll be back in a couple hours.

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

er uh

so guys

a bunch of stuff has come up and so I haven't posted in like 3-4 days?

I know the round ended and such so basically just

Has anyone tried to interact with me?

Yes

The Queen contacted Onuvo three times and is about to execute him for ignoring her

(not really)

Couldn't get an answer to this, figured with the other 5 responses inbetween it got overglossed. So. 

I understand that you only have access to three choices - but what about a Makuta's armor? Is this included in those? Along with that, would absorption be considered a part of their Shadow elemental abilities, considering that the shadow hand is their form of absorption - or, again; is that a separate ability? 

Couldn't get an answer to this, figured with the other 5 responses inbetween it got overglossed. So. 

Does Makuta armor have a special property that I have until this point been unaware of?

As far as absorption goes - what type of absorption? I mean, a Toa of Fire can absorb fire, and a Toa of Water can absorb water, so... I would assume that a shadow user can thus absorb shadow.

*Sigh*

The Calix can dodge lasers. This is canon. It anticipates them. Lightning is the same.

The Greg quote's on the old forums, and I don't feel like slogging through the Wayback, so if you care to challenge it you'll have to make do with eyewitnesses. (And betting money against me beforehand)

*Snaps fingers*

Dear Mr. GregF,  

I just saw you posted the Inika's mask powers in a topic. I like them all, but there is one that leaves me a bit puzzled:  

Toa Inika Jaller  

Kanohi Calix, the Mask of Fate -- Allows the user to pull off feats others would think impossible, such as seemingly incredible leaps, dodges, etc.  

Does that mean his mask allows him to do anything? And if so, wouldn't that make it a bit too easy for Jaller? Or does the Calix have limitations? And if so, can you tell me which?  

Thanks in advance.  

LZ

No, it doesn't allow him to do anything -- it doesn't make him invulnerable or allow him to fly or something. It allows him to do things he would be able to do within reason (like leap, dodge, etc.), just in ways that would seem miraculous to an outsider. So, for example, Zaktan fires his eyebeams at Jaller from close range, so that you would think he could never dodge in time -- and the mask lets him dodge. Jaller has to leap across a crevasse to save Hahli, and it's such a long leap that normally he would not make it -- but the mask lets him get across.

Zaktan's vision = lasers. Shazang.

Don't believe me? Type "calix" into the find bar on this page. :P

Does Makuta armor have a special property that I have until this point been unaware of?

As far as absorption goes - what type of absorption? I mean, a Toa of Fire can absorb fire, and a Toa of Water can absorb water, so... I would assume that a shadow user can thus absorb shadow.

Generally, Makuta Armor is really frikin durable. Like, it takes the impact of a great island to crack it. Generally, that, or Light Elemental powers super focused. 

And no - the general property of Makuta absorption. The Shadow Hand basically lets the Makuta pull the subject in and, well, absorb them. General stuff for the species. 

I don't think so....

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think Snake is talking about, like, the shadow hand absorption.

The one that lets them frakken eat other people pretty much

now why that wasn't given more prevalence in story idk because it is kinda horrifying xD

E: yup ninja'd I called it before I even posted the thing

what what

Generally, Makuta Armor is really frikin durable. Like, it takes the impact of a great island to crack it. Generally, that, or Light Elemental powers super focused. 

And no - the general property of Makuta absorption. The Shadow Hand basically lets the Makuta pull the subject in and, well, absorb them. General stuff for the species. 

If you want armor that powerful in this RPG, that's going to be taking up at least two power slots, and it would require at least two hosts approving it.

As for that particular absorption, I'm going to say no. Nobody wants to have their character eaten and killed in the blink of an eye.

It's the second-strongest material in the MU, second only to Protosteel.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

And then adapt based on what they absorb. Like Makuta from the 2004 Movie.

If you want armor that powerful in this RPG, that's going to be taking up at least two power slots, and it would require at least two hosts approving it.

As for that particular absorption, I'm going to say no. Nobody wants to have their character eaten and killed in the blink of an eye.

It is, by no means, an auto-kill. The Makuta still has to suppress those absorbed until he can completely overtake them. Until then, they can still come out and survive. It's completely dependant on will. And - to just clarify on the armor -

The few known things that could break a Makuta's armor were:
Sufficiently sharp weapons such as Pridak's Shark Tooth Blade, in addition to any Protosteel weapons like Hahli's Protosteel Talons.
Extremely hard impacts, such as the one caused by the door to Metru Nui in Mangaia or the Great Cataclysm
Protosteel-eating virus
Very intensely focused light or energy, such as a laser from a Toa of Light or the Energy Storm

The few known things that could break a Makuta's armor were:
Sufficiently sharp weapons such as Pridak's Shark Tooth Blade, in addition to any Protosteel weapons like Hahli's Protosteel Talons.
Extremely hard impacts, such as the one caused by the door to Metru Nui in Mangaia or the Great Cataclysm
Protosteel-eating virus

Very intensely focused light or energy, such as a laser from a Toa of Light or the Energy Storm 

Um.... doesn't everyone in this game use protosteel weapons?

Plenty of characters use focused attacks, so again, I don't see how this armour is different to what everyone else has. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The armor will take up a power slot. The absorption is still not allowed, as the only instance in canon where a character actually managed to break free was when the Makuta was without any cause and had basically given up. 

Not to mention the fact that said Makuta also perished in the process.

E: @Nato: Even if they aren't, it might be easier to say that weapons such as swords are made of protosteel unless otherwise stated. 

The current Makuta in the RPG have not benefited from their armor in any fashion; I would expect the same of any future Makuta, unless their armor takes up a power slot to be far more effective.

Edited by Lucina

Um.... doesn't everyone in this game use protosteel weapons?

No

I can say Donrioda's drone does not use protosteel blades (though it isn't standard metallic protodermis, either. It's an alloy of both), so there's at least one person without protosteel weapons.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

So Shadow Hand absorbtion is a complete no-no? I recall Miras using it at one point in Round 1, though it of course wasn't on an actual person.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

The armor will take up a power slot. The absorption is still not allowed, as the only instance in canon where a character actually managed to break free was when the Makuta was without any cause and had basically given up. 

E: @Nato: Even if they aren't, it might be easier to say that weapons such as swords are made of protosteel unless otherwise stated. 

The current Makuta in the RPG have not benefited from their armor in any fashion; I would expect the same of any future Makuta, unless their armor takes up a power slot to be far more effective.

We're talking about Matoro right?

IC: Kopen - Med Bay

Kopen gratefully took her staff and just listened to the note for a moment. She nodded as Kale introduced them, and opened her mouth to speak...

The Queen's voice tore through her still-tender mind, and she winced, falling back onto the bed.

You? she snapped back mentally, hoping that would be enough for the Queen to hear her. Haven't you done enough? What's to stop me from just staying here and recovering from the damage YOU caused?

As much as she hated the Queen, she was honestly curious about this mission. Maybe it could be another chance at those Infinity Gems.

Bolded part, while it could happen, is incorrect. The Queen has had a lifetime to master her powers - that includes both wrecking minds and speaking to said beings telepathically afterwards. She would know to be more gentle about it (but her standard telepathic speech would only be weird on account of a stranger's thoughts suddenly appearing in your mind anyway, which yes, is disturbing indeed).

So... probably more "what the heck" than "OW OW OW"

So Shadow Hand absorbtion is a complete no-no? I recall Miras using it at one point in Round 1, though it of course wasn't on an actual person.

Complete no.

We're talking about Matoro right?

No, actually. I'm referring to the time when Lesovikk resisted Krika's.

Ismekne's hammer is made of the Super-Dense-Warhammer-Metal-That-Totally-Isn't-Protosteel . :P

So no shadow hands? I seem to recall a certain Chro made use of them in the BioniPast, so I figured they were allowed. 

If you're talking about the G&T Bionifights... those were an entirely different ballgame power-wise.

It doesn't honestly matter if things are protosteel or not because we still treat them like relatively realistic items/metals.

Or at least I'd hope.

If I see somebody who has a flimsy little protosteel misericorde or stiletto stabbing through somebody's eighth inch think steel cuirass i'ma start raging to the moon and back

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Kopen gratefully took her staff and just listened to the note for a moment. She nodded as Kale introduced them, and opened her mouth to speak...

The Queen's voice tore through her still-tender mind, and she winced, falling back onto the bed.

You? she snapped back mentally, hoping that would be enough for the Queen to hear her. Haven't you done enough? What's to stop me from just staying here and recovering from the damage YOU caused?

As much as she hated the Queen, she was honestly curious about this mission. Maybe it could be another chance at those Infinity Gems.

Bolded part, while it could happen, is incorrect. The Queen has had a lifetime to master her powers - that includes both wrecking minds and speaking to said beings telepathically afterwards. She would know to be more gentle about it (but her standard telepathic speech would only be weird on account of a stranger's thoughts suddenly appearing in your mind anyway, which yes, is disturbing indeed).

And a bit of "You again? Get out of my head you..."

Oh well, I edited it to reflect that better. Toned it down just a little.

Edited by Click

IC: Prose/Library Sector

I sighed as I heard the sounds of vomit on a tome. I went that tome, took it out of the trash, and cleaned it off. Apparently it was a book about blue gem that granted powers. I began to read more. It seemed interesting.

OOC: Do I need some GM post to tell me what I've read or something?

...Well, yes, you do, but... I don't think anybody in their right mind would pick up a book and wipe vomit off of it with their bare hands and then just start reading it. Go find another book. :P

And a bit of "You again? Get out of my head you..."

Yes, that would certainly be happening. :P

No, that's reasonable.

Nobody's mentioned tablets yet but I've said in the past that there is indeed access to recordings of the rounds, near the Library in the Knowledge Sector.

Haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm pretty sure there are also monitors in the facility to show what's going on during battles.

Miras created a hand out of shadow, called it a Shadow Hand, but didn't use the absorption power, as far as I recall.

So no shadow hands? I seem to recall a certain Chro made use of them in the BioniPast, so I figured they were allowed. 

See my mention of Miras' power above. And yeah, any prior incarnation of Bionifight is far different from this.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

hey chro u should totes get vagust now for whatever thing you were going to have the host talk to him about

kthxbai

No, that's reasonable.

Nobody's mentioned tablets yet but I've said in the past that there is indeed access to recordings of the rounds, near the Library in the Knowledge Sector.

Haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm pretty sure there are also monitors in the facility to show what's going on during battles.

Miras created a hand out of shadow, called it a Shadow Hand, but didn't use the absorption power, as far as I recall.

See my mention of Miras' power above. And yeah, any prior incarnation of Bionifight is far different from this.

yeah chro do your job, gosh

Name: Vakax

Species: Makuta

Power: Shadow - The elemental power of shadow. As a Makuta, he has the inherent 'Shadow Hand' creation, allowing him a massively powerful offensive and defensive ability. Along with this, a masterful control of the element is present, although he lacks the ability to go Nova. 

Power: Shapeshifiting - The general ability to change the shape of a Makuta's armor. Vakax can only change the shape and density of it, however - no mass can be created. This allows his body to be formed into weapons and such, but not without creating weaknesses over the rest of his body's density and shape. It also takes time to transform shape drastically, creating an opening to attack. 

Power: Gravity - One of the 42 Kraata abilities, Vakax can control gravity at will. 

Appearance: Vakax towers over most beings, and holds an extremely overbearing appearance. With sheer black overcome by he startling silver that is his body, his neck jarring out like a beasts; everything about him seems vicious. His arms ending in massively long claws, and barrel-like chest decorated with a crude-looking silver appearance, Vakax has an endearing size. His head, however, takes the show predominantly; with harsh red eyes and a serpentine appearance, it draws itself back onto his neck with large spines, and a harsh, fanged mouth. Without a Kanohi, Vakax has chosen to make himself as powerful physically as possible. 

Bio: He grew bored with his game. The rahi grew tiring to hunt - their blood, their scrap; all of it decorated him. No matter how extravagantly they fell, their was no more effort - it grew to be a chore, like a throbbing, bleeding newborn. So, his body rippled - the metal he called flesh pouring itself over into ridges, claws, and thorns, as he rose from his position on the ground, Vakax stood, rifling his body with serrations, akin to a fish flowing through water. If the Rahi were becoming dull - these great, massive beasts - then perhaps something more intelligent would do. Something else to kill. 

Personality: Cruel, harsh - incredibly, and over fashionably - sadistic. He's flashy and violent, but not stupid. Rather intelligent, he prefers not to be convoluted, preferring the simplest and most direct strategies. He cares little for lack of inefficiency - yes you read that right - and especially loves his overkill. 

Name: Vakax

Species: Makuta

Power: Shadow - The elemental power of shadow. As a Makuta, he has the inherent 'Shadow Hand' creation, allowing him a massively powerful offensive and defensive ability. Along with this, a masterful control of the element is present, although he lacks the ability to go Nova. 

Power: Shapeshifiting - The general ability to change the shape of a Makuta's armor. Vakax can only change the shape and density of it, however - no mass can be created. This allows his body to be formed into weapons and such, but not without creating weaknesses over the rest of his body's density and shape. It also takes time to transform shape drastically, creating an opening to attack. 

Power: Gravity - One of the 42 Kraata abilities, Vakax can control gravity at will. 

Appearance: Vakax towers over most beings, and holds an extremely overbearing appearance. With sheer black overcome by he startling silver that is his body, his neck jarring out like a beasts; everything about him seems vicious. His arms ending in massively long claws, and barrel-like chest decorated with a crude-looking silver appearance, Vakax has an endearing size. His head, however, takes the show predominantly; with harsh red eyes and a serpentine appearance, it draws itself back onto his neck with large spines, and a harsh, fanged mouth. Without a Kanohi, Vakax has chosen to make himself as powerful physically as possible. 

Bio: He grew bored with his game. The rahi grew tiring to hunt - their blood, their scrap; all of it decorated him. No matter how extravagantly they fell, their was no more effort - it grew to be a chore, like a throbbing, bleeding newborn. So, his body rippled - the metal he called flesh pouring itself over into ridges, claws, and thorns, as he rose from his position on the ground, Vakax stood, rifling his body with serrations, akin to a fish flowing through water. If the Rahi were becoming dull - these great, massive beasts - then perhaps something more intelligent would do. Something else to kill. 

Personality: Cruel, harsh - incredibly, and over fashionably - sadistic. He's flashy and violent, but not stupid. Rather intelligent, he prefers not to be convoluted, preferring the simplest and most direct strategies. He cares little for lack of inefficiency - yes you read that right - and especially loves his overkill. 

Approved, but we'll be watching the shadow hand and the gravity powers (just like everyone else with gravity/iron/magnetism)

I've decided not to play as Phazur, and I have another (IMO better) character I want to get approved. Can I post her profile for approval? I haven't posted as Phazur yet, so it should be fine, right?

Technically you still have to make Phazur suicide... and I don't think we've approved Construct's convenient-sudden-suicide-replacer either. 

E: NEW PLAYERS, POST SKYPE PROFILES HERE IF YOU HAVE THEM!

Edited by Lucina