Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

He has four powers; he's not going to get approved. 

Look again and you'll find that he does NOT, in fact, have anything wrong with him.

Power/Weapon 1: Electricity/Magnetism Control (same force; can be used both offensively and defensively)

^That right there is two powers.

In the Bionicle universe, Electricity and Magnetism are not the same force.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I think he's referring to your first listed power, "Electricity/Magnetism," which are, in the Bionicle universe, two separate powers.

EDIT: Now I know what it is like to witness (or not witness, as the case may be) the actions of a mighty ninja.

Edited by (Daedalus)

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

A good rule for armor is to treat it like a crab. Is the shell soft? Stab it. Is it hard?

KUPEOT017A.JPG

I think Ismekne and Tahnok Nuva 3.0 would like to forge an alliance with Xaeraz soon. 

Since when was Tahnok Nuva a 3.0 version? Was I not there for the first two?

Sorry. I must have mentally inserted the 3.0 for some reason.

Look again and you'll find that he does NOT, in fact, have anything wrong with him.

Power/Weapon 1: Electricity/Magnetism Control (same force; can be used both offensively and defensively)

Yes, but if you'll refer back to my original post, you'll note that I added on a note altering the powers if need be.

All is.

Alright, second time's a charm:

Name: Evix

Species: Toa (specifically a Toa of Gravity)

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Power of Gravity

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Avhokii

Power/Weapon 3: Limited control/manipulation over kinetic energy:

- Evix can absorb all kinetic energy from most physical attacks, rendering them inert upon impact as if they were only touching him

- While a blunt attack will stop dead in its tracks, sharp objects will still be able to do harm to Evix despite losing the force behind it

- Evix can also absorb kinetic energy created by himself if he so chooses (ex: punching a wall), but in doing so he cannot do any physical damage

- The amount of kinetic energy absorbed is dependant on how powerful the hit was

- There are a number of options Evix can choose from to do with the energy he stores, though only one option may be used at a time (per event) and has a significant cooldown period  (through the duration of an event; so a single option may only be used every other event):

1. Energize - All kinetic energy absorbed is instantly converted to elemental energy used to restore or increase Evix's existing supply of Elemental energy

2. Rebound - Kinetic energy in contact with Evix is instantly reverted back to the object which was in contact with him, essentially doubling the impact backwards; this can also be utilized by Evix himself

3. Amplify - Kinetic energy absorbed significantly increases Evix's physical and mental attributes, such as reaction time, speed, and strength, though the level of this is dependant on how much energy is absorbed and slowly decreases over time

Appearance: Lean and muscular, noticeable even though he is wearing armor. His armor is lightweight and carved with intricate patterns giving it the appearance of being sharp, mostly colored black and purple but with subtle hints of crimson and silver.

Bio: Before being thrust into this... predicament, Evix was a bit of an adrenaline junkie, often trying to find ways of getting into dangerous situations for the thrill of it. This has helped him gain valuable tactical knowledge as well as significant experience in fights, but he is still reckless at times when it comes to battle.

Personality/Other: Evix has an incredibly passive and just personality, despite living for the thrill, and is known for his brutal honesty and patience. Being a bit socially impaired, he can be gullible at times.

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I really think you should simplify the power, but that's subjective.

So if I understand correctly, he can choose to use one kinetic-absorption type per battle?

This may be the ticket...

Name: Talos

Species: Artificially-Intelligent Humanoid Machination

Power/Weapon 2: Gravity Control

Power/Weapon 3: Sensory Aptitude (unnatural perceptive abilities)

Appearance: Totally mechanical, almost three meters in height, solidly (but fairly leanly) built, silver and titanium metallic armor with dull grey undertones, trans-white eyes, expressionless mask.

Bio: Originated in the Mata-Nui robot; most probably constucted by one of the denizens there; only experience is in chess and logic (as well as some psychology).

Personality/Other: Masculine; excellent reasoning capabilities, but next to no emotional expression; child-like in mentality (except in anything conflict-related).

[if you're gonna be nit-picky about it, make P/W 1 Electricity Control and P/W 2 Magnetism Control. :/ ]

Cannot find approval or disapproval, so I'll re-post this, seeing as how this has worked for others.

Talos was disapproved.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I really think you should simplify the power, but that's subjective.

So if I understand correctly, he can choose to use one kinetic-absorption type per battle?

1. Complexity is something I specialize in :D

2. You would be correct. One type per battle and the same type cannot be used twice in a row.

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"

Yes, but if you'll refer back to my original post, you'll note that I added on a note altering the powers if need be.

I do recall seeing that note from the original post (which is now in a quote above). However, you'd probably have better luck getting it approved if you actually went back and made the changes before resubmitting it.

Switching topics, would an environmental adaptability power that changed a character's element in response to the arena locations only, thus limiting said character to the one power gained in the previous match, sound fit enough for a staff approval?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Question: during battle events are characters allowed to create "stage hazards" that effect everybody? (Ex: creating a pool of lava in the arena)

Question: during battle events are characters allowed to create "stage hazards" that effect everybody? (Ex: creating a pool of lava in the arena)

I think that would depend on the arena and the plausibility of said action. For example, during the first round on Mount Ihu, we had people quite regularly triggering avalanches to take out their opponents. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think that would depend on the arena and the plausibility of said action. For example, during the first round on Mount Ihu, we had people quite regularly triggering avalanches to take out their opponents. 

All the more fun for Tahnok then.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Oh yeah, I should have clarified. Those were small, localised avalanches. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

How did this fighter find the one single mask of light in their universe?

This is a very interesting point, and coincidentally I was just reading the BZPRPG rules for the first time (and now I am facepalming for not doing so in the first place), so excuse me while I clean up my character profile to fit the rules and get more "officialized" so-to-speak

Just so you know, the BZPRPG is a separate RPG. You shouldn't worry about conforming to those guidelines unless you are actually joining the BZPRPG.

...how to BZPower? Sigh. I can't seem to do anything right on this website. Anyways, (@Lucina) I will try to fix accordingly.

Seeing as how everyone is VERY nit-picky about it... :/

Name: Talos

Species: Artificially-Intelligent Humanoid Machination

Power/Weapon 1: Electricity

Power/Weapon 2: Magnetism

Power/Weapon 3: Sensory Aptitude (unnatural perceptive abilities)

Appearance: Totally mechanical, almost three meters in height, solidly (but fairly leanly) built, silver and titanium metallic armor with dull grey undertones, trans-white eyes, expressionless mask.

Bio: Originated in the Mata-Nui robot; most probably constucted by one of the denizens there; only experience is in chess and logic (as well as some psychology).

Personality/Other: Masculine; excellent reasoning capabilities, but next to no emotional expression; child-like in mentality (except in anything conflict-related).

THERE! Happy now?

All is.

Seeing as how everyone is VERY nit-picky about it... :/

THERE! Happy now?

I'm not sure that this is the right attitude to be taking towards friendly constructive criticism. 

• Upvote 2

You cannot disapprove this profile. It is literally too awesome to be disapproved.

...But if you do, someone else is welcome to use it. ;_;

Just don't change anything more than his name, personality, and maybe his contract ability, OK? ;_;

Name: Ardian, goes by "Nine"

Species: Toa of Light

Power/Weapon 1: Control over the element of light, which he has spent decades of isolation honing.

Power/Weapon 2: The Kanohi Hau, the Great Mask of Shielding, shaped like a Great Mahiki.

Power/Weapon 3: Ardian possesses a unique power, granted him through a contract with the ambivalent Sun God of his home universe. Ardian's power is the ability to fire concussive blasts from his hands, which can travel through the air indefinitely, and deliver enough force to an opponent (or inanimate object) to break bones. The blasts travel fairly quickly, but are possible to dodge at mid-long range, and have the appearance of distortions in the air. This ability holds a 'charge', much like elemental abilities, except that the pool of energy is much smaller than with EE, and does not drain naturally. Once it is fully emptied, his obeisance activates, and he has 1 hour of time to fulfill it. Ardian's obeisance is kissing a male of any species. The kiss must be upon the lips, and the recipient must be living, but not necessarily conscious. Beings that are brain dead but whose bodies are still technically alive do not work. When the condition is met, Ardian's power refills again. He may refill it by kissing a man, even without triggering the obeisance by emptying his pool of energy. The obeisance is middling in terms of unpleasantness; more for the scarcity of strange men willing to be kissed than for Ardian's being straight. But hey, it's not drinking blood!

Appearance: Ardian is a Toa of average height, with a muscular but agile build. He is of a stark white color, with dark gray joints and gold highlights, but wears a robe that leaves only his head, hands and feet poking out, with the latter two extremities being covered in gloves and sparring boots of the same color, respectively. This robe is a dull gray color, but has a brightly-colored emblem, that of the Sun God, emblazoned on its chest. When Ardian makes use of his power, and when his obeisance activates, the emblem begins to glow, the intensity of its luminescence dulling as he begins to run out of power, and then brightening again the closer he gets to the end of his hour. When the hour ends, it shines brilliantly, before promptly disappearing from existence, along with the rest of the robe, and its wearer. Ardian's mask is the same bright white color as the rest of him, but the rest of his wardrobe causes it to appear rather incongruous. Additionally, his scholarly looks invite insult.

Bio:

Ardian hails from a universe united under one religion: The worship of the mighty Sun God, also known simply as the Sun. The Sun is ambivalent, protecting the sentient races from calamity, on the condition of being worshiped throughout the land. The presence of various types of apostates, whose goals range from not having to worship the Sun to live under its protection, to outright wanting to claim the mantle of immortality and challenge the Sun's rule, demanded the creation of a divine organization to root out heretics and protect the worshipers of the Sun. This organization was the Inquisition; the glorious enforcers of the Sun's will. They train their students in monasteries, teaching them the religion of the Sun, as well as rigorously training them in use of their elemental powers, unarmed combat and swordplay. It is believed in the Inquisition that one must become well-versed in fighting with one's fists before one can be granted a sword, this event occurring immediately after a monk becomes an initiate inquisitor. When a monk becomes an Inquisitor, a formal ceremony is held, and then the monk enters into a private communion with the Sun. During this communion, the monk in question makes a contract with the Sun. All Contracts made with the Sun allow the mortal signatory to make use of a specific extraordinary power, at the cost of having to perform a predetermined action after using this power. The action is, at best, neutral, and at worst, extremely unpleasant. It was immediately after making this contract that Ardian disappeared from his universe, summoned to the Bionifight without having received his sword. Due to his training, he is excellent with his elemental powers, unarmed combat, and swordplay, though the latter requires use of a hardlight sword. While he has not yet used his contract ability, they are fairly straightforward to use, and he is both aware of what it is, and what his obeisance is, so he suffers little from his inexperience.

Personality/Other: Ardian is male. He suffers from prosopagnosia, a condition which makes him unable to distinguish faces. Ardian, in particular, has the most severe degree of the condition, which prevented him from making any sense of faces, whatsoever. Through much practice, and much memorization, he has learned to distinguish facial expressions in the faces of Toa and Matoran, as well as to recognize the people closest to him. The latter is obviously useless for the tournament, however, what with being plunged into a group of people he does not know. Another affect of his prosopagnosia is that it becomes harder for him to tie specific bits of knowledge to people, such as name or occupation, people's brains generally storing such things by putting them to a face. Additionally, Ardian is color-blind, which further reduces the ways he can distinguish between other individuals; he is restricted to build, armor shape, wardrobe, and similar factors in strangers, with things like voice, or gait and other mannerisms, coming into play with people he knows better. As for his actual personality, as difficult as his condition made it (especially in a monastery, where everyone dresses similarly), Ardian became a social butterfly. Though he can be somewhat overbearing at times in his religious zeal, he tends to be a generally agreeable person, and easy to be around.

Nah but seriously, you won't disapprove it. I know you won't! Just look at all the references, man. The references.

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 3

It's not my fault

Xae told me to do it

(Edit: Also I guess people wanted Lightning Toa but saw there were too many, so they just dropped the 'ning'?)

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 3

And I started it all with a Rahkshi of Chain Lightning. 

Name: Evix

Species: Toa (specifically a Toa of Gravity)

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Power of Gravity

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Power of Light (see Bio for explanation, if necessary)

Power/Weapon 3: Limited control/manipulation over kinetic energy:

- Evix can absorb all kinetic energy from most physical attacks, rendering them inert upon impact as if they were only touching him

- While a blunt attack will stop dead in its tracks, sharp objects will still be able to do harm to Evix despite losing the force behind it

- Evix can also absorb kinetic energy created by himself if he so chooses (ex: punching a wall), but in doing so he cannot do any physical damage

- The amount of kinetic energy absorbed is dependant on how powerful the hit was

- There are a number of options Evix can choose from to do with the energy he stores, though only one option may be used at a time (per event) and has a significant cooldown period (through the duration of an event; so a single option may only be used every other event):

1. Energize - All kinetic energy absorbed is instantly converted to elemental energy used to restore or increase Evix's existing supply of Elemental energy

2. Rebound - Kinetic energy in contact with Evix is instantly reverted back to the object which was in contact with him, essentially doubling the impact backwards; this can also be utilized by Evix himself

3. Amplify - Kinetic energy absorbed significantly increases Evix's physical and mental attributes, such as reaction time, speed, and strength, though the level of this is dependant on how much energy is absorbed and slowly decreases over time

- When no options are chosen, Evix still retains a passive, less effective absorption ability and stores the energy within himself until he needs it; this energy dwindles over time

Appearance: Lean and muscular, noticeable even though he is wearing armor. His armor is lightweight and carved with intricate patterns giving it the appearance of being sharp, mostly colored black and purple but with subtle hints of crimson and silver. He wears a custom, powerless, silver Avohkii replica for awareness of his light powers.

Bio: Before being thrust into this... predicament, Evix was a bit of an adrenaline junkie, often trying to find ways of getting into dangerous situations for the thrill of it. This has helped him gain valuable tactical knowledge as well as significant experience in fights, but he is still reckless at times when it comes to battle.

Despite originally being a Toa of Gravity, at one point in his life he somehow accidentally stumbled upon a rift in space which was emitting a bright energy of some sort, and after being exposed to it he found he had complete control over the element of light.

Personality/Other: Evix has an incredibly passive and just personality, despite living for the thrill, and is known for his brutal honesty and patience. Being a bit socially impaired, he can be gullible at times.

I think this is a little better.

Whats with the flood of Light Toa?

There's only been...4.

4 total, I think. Two were posted today. One of the two posted today was a character adapted from the G&T Bionifight to fit here.

the other one is an amalgam of every single joke idea posted so far almost.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

One could theoretically play a Kaita. Three powers, after all. though that would leave you with no weapons. Still, something neat to think about~

Better yet, a Matoran Nui, since they don't have elemental powers.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Barely; you ninja'd me. =P

They don't call me the Ninja King for nothin'. 

• Upvote 1

Too many Light Toa, get out of my element.

There were three at first. Gravity's Light using crystal character, Tiragath's Light Toa and than mine. Add in the two new ones and the Twilight Toa and there are at least six Light users.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

There were three at first. Gravity's Light using crystal character, Tiragath's Light Toa and than mine. Add in the two new ones and the Twilight Toa and there are at least six Light users.

Ugh... too much OP, please nerf. Three is three too many, especially when two of them chose to team up on my Rahkshi. 

No more, please! :(

Too many Light Toa, get out of my element.

Not as many Light Toa as there are Rahkshi.

and i forgot about how many there were before

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Okay, so I'm going to try and get caught up on everything. 

Blagh.

So much... so much

All you need to know is that I have yet to consume any spines.

Also that I may be sending you a profile for pre-approval later who uses a grenade minigun.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun