Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

After a long while, I decided that 6D gear balls don't really work in any way shape or form. So I shall bother the staff with a different profile.

Name : Izarargi

Species : Skakdi

Power/Weapon One : Eternal Arms Mastery. As a knight and warrior of the highest caliber and prestige, the possessor of this ability is able to take hold of any object and strengthen it's qualities as a weapon*. A stone taken in hand and thrown would see it's aerodynamic qualities and mohs rating increase. A rusty iron pipe would become fortified and capable of trading blows with great swords of legend

*This strengthening only lasts as long as she is holding the item and in the case of projectiles, a few seconds after they have been thrown

Power/Weapon Two : Hide of the Nemean Lion. The blessed hide of a ferocious bone white lion, slain in single combat by the demigod Heracles and passed down through Izarargi's sect of warriors. It has been fashioned into a great cloak and hood, the visage of the creature still glaring with the primal fury and hatred it bore in life. Grants the user some protection from magical and elemental attacks that strike the hide*

*Not as strong as Zangah's protection or any energy shield. It's more like a cloak that protects the wearer from extreme temperatures, shocks and shrapnel

Power/Weapon Three : Caledfwlch. Sword gifted to Izarargi by a wise old thaumaturge and blacksmith. It is crafted of the finest protosteel and when drawn will raise all of the user's physical attributes (Strength, Agility, Endurance, Luck) by one point at the cost of sealing their other abilities. In physical terms, Caledfwlch would be likened to a zweihander in the hands of a Toa or Vortixx, in Izarargi's grip it is mere broad sword

Appearance : Standing two hundred eighty seven centimeters tall and weighing in at two hundred forty eight and a quarter kilograms, Izarargi is an especially large individual. Unlike the majority of her species, she does not possess spines, but instead has a thick bristly mane from the trapezoidal muscles down to the erector spinae. Body and mane are a deep crimson. The small superficial pieces of armor are a lighter golden-orange in color. Eyes and heartlight shine with a shade similar to her body

Bio : A lifetime proselyte in the famed sect of Nearlight warrior-monks, Burdina Santua Kateanzaldun. Izarargi is a fervent worshiper of the various celestial deities and a direct pupil of the group's abbot, Enrico Pucci. She has seen little of the outside world and it's differing ways of life

Personality : Laconic and sometimes slow to react and act in social situations. A firm believer that the blade is the highest and most divine form of mercy for many a sinner

Dang it, don't know how I missed this one. Approved.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I think the answer was yes.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I hate to re-ask the same question but are people allowed to take books out of the knowledge sector?

This time I know I answered it. Yes.

GM IC: THE QUEEN'S QUEST

As the group huddled around the plaque, this was what they saw:

Falling and falling in the darkening tunnels[/size]

The ussal cannot hear the ussal rider;[/size]

Things fall apart; the gems cannot hold;[/size]

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,[/size]

The mind[/size]-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere[/size]

The ceremony of independence[/size] [/size]is drowned.[/size]

The best lack all conviction, while the worst[/size]

Dream of eight gems to infinity.[/size]

---[/size]

OOC: I will give credit to W. B. Yeats for the poem "The Second Coming". Certain phrases were changed to either fit a Bionicle setting or to alter the meaning of this stanza to fit the story of the RPG.[/size]

There are a few key words in there that will become incredibly obvious in retrospect if they aren't obvious already.[/size]

Next Queen post, we enter the Labyrinth.[/size]

ussal is definitely the most important

but their spirits

IF SOMEBODY HAS FLASH GORDON THEN BY GOD I SHALL HAVE SKELETOR!

Or Death.

One of the two.

Name: The Death.

Species: Unknown. Most likely great being.

Power/Weapon 1: Telepathy

Power/Weapon 2: A black scythe that has a purple glow on the blade

Power/Weapon 3: Shadow (Boo! Necromancy! Hiss!)

Appearance: Tall, with a slight hunchback, The Death wear a tattered (hah! Adjectives!) black cloak (obviously) which drapes down and a skeleton-like mask (again, obvious) over his face. The only thing that says he's mechanical is his hands which he leaves un-exposed and the constant wirr-hiss-click that occasionally comes from his general direction.

Bio: The Death is very supernatural, or he seems that way. His movement and speech is quite unnatural and out of the bounds of this usual world. He appeared one day in a village, with only a sick matoran being able to see him. Paranoid, the matoran ran away, only to be cut down by his length. Then the entire village could see The Death.

They were not pleased.

And so The Death ran away, trying to haunt and destroy the lives of the suffering once again.

Personality/Other: Male. Speaks only through telepathy. He may sometimes loose his cover of mystery and become quite the nuisance.

Boulder of Yarn is best Skype character. 

• Upvote 5

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

-==GEM OF ???==-

Backward was not the way to the gem. Backward was the way out. However, luckily, Tahnok did not have to go far, for Werl was nearby luckily. A bit more unluckily, it was nearing the start of the next wave of fragmentation bolts...

Tahnok wasn't heading out of the tunnel but okay...

(Why does everything I say seem to come out wrong around here?)

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

(OOC: Let me just be clear: Tahnok was heading towards the gem in the last post, as in towards the source of the bolts, which he had been running from earlier)

I thought the bolts were randomly shooting out of the walls, not from any specific "source". 

-==GEM OF ???==-

Backward was not the way to the gem. Backward was the way out. However, luckily, Tahnok did not have to go far, for Werl was nearby luckily. A bit more unluckily, it was nearing the start of the next wave of fragmentation bolts...

Tahnok wasn't heading out of the tunnel but okay...

(Why does everything I say seem to come out wrong around here?)

(OOC: Let me just be clear: Tahnok was heading towards the gem in the last post, as in towards the source of the bolts, which he had been running from earlier)

I thought the bolts were randomly shooting out of the walls, not from any specific "source". 

Bolts were coming from further in the tunnel, since it's the gem's defense. =P

But... Wasn't he advancing ba- /checks ... Oh. There was an edit since I last looked. >>'''

My bad there, didn't notice the edit; he was running back to grab Werl last I saw. ^^'

Bolts were coming from further in the tunnel, since it's the gem's defense. =P

Sorry, I was thinking back to the post where it all started, which just says the walls started exploding. 

The walls exploded because they were hit by frag bolts that were launched from the end of the tunnel. :P

I've got a lot of homework tonight but hopefully I'll be able to get a gem post or two in.

but their spirits

Yeah, I found the post and reread it. Quickly realised my mistake. 

Anyways....

I mentioned a while back about a Toa-Kraata symbiote I've wanted to try out. And that was the big comic thing I've been working on. Almost all my Rahkshi are research that led up to this. And I want to test one more thing so I can get a feel for how these characters will fight. However, this probably would not be the perfect representative for all of them.

So sorry Linear. I'll trade you off.

Name: Aeolin
Species: Proto-Toa/Kraata Symbiote from the Rahkshi Warrior Universe-to-be
Power/Weapon 1 & 2: A Light Cyclone Kraata named Cyde. All Kraata in the RW universe have minor shapeshifting in order to be a prosthetic meant to be done to other Rahkshi. However, after word of a rebellion that was started by a Toa who's arm was replaced by apparently Light Kraata of Shapeshifting, many Light Rahkshi all over the land secretly sought willing hosts that were similar to the Toa in queation, and later, when these Matoran become Toa, these Rahkshi would stand by their side as partners. Now to function: The Kraata acts as a prosthetic and cannot leave its position. It's lifeforce is also linked to the host as Kraata in the RW universe can't last long on their own, and as such, since they are connected, they have a telepathic connection. When Toa dies, so does the prosthetic Kraata. Cyde is a Light Level Cyclone Kraata (at the same level as a Shadow Kraata) and thus has the ability to spawn powerful cyclones that can be controlled. Cyde may also transform into a cyclone to be used for travel. Cyde is attached to Aeolin's leg which was shot off after a successful fight against Makuta Bitil, Flyer of the Skies. Note that because they have a telepathic communication,
Power/Weapon 3: Cyclone Boots - Spiked boots that he wears. His right one allows Cyde to not get killed as a result of Aeolus's movements, and provides vents for Cyde to turn into a cyclone. It's also made of tough material and the vents are small to prevent anyone from simply stabbing the Kraata easily. There are also small eyeholes for Cyde to see although he can already see through Aeolus's eyes by tapping into their shared lifeforce. The spikes are so they can kick people. Preferably in the face.
Appearance: A silver Toa with black and green highlights. His lower right leg is missing and is replaced with a Sand Blue Metallic/Light Gray Metallic Kraata. He wears the Cyclone Boots which are silver and green plated. Wears a damaged and unusable Miru.

Bio: Became a Toa when he was struck by a freak cyclone and he found himself in the possession of a Toa Stone. Life before that is not known, but it is confirmed that he lived in a monastery, was bullied for being a Protoran like Proto, and soon met and agreed to be Cyde's host sometime later. After being a Toa, he was picked up by Proto and Shift and joined their growing group of rebels. In a fight against Bitil, his leg was shot off, and Cyde helped him. After a few painful steps for Cyde, and the creation of the Cyclone Boots, they became a fighting force. Somewhere along the way to the next Makuta, he was whisked away. Because of the rules of AF Comic Universe, any disruption freezes time in that universe until they die in wherever they are or get transported back.
Personality/Other: Both male. Both of them are justice seekers. Yet Aeolin is more of a wait-and-see and Cyde wants to goes in guns ablaze. Like Proto and any other Protoran, he is sensitive to anyone who boasts about their elemental powers and has respect for those with physical ability.

I decided on these two things instead of also including the enhanced strength, speed, stamina, and stuff as a trade off for the missing capacity to use EE.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Question regarding the Gems: how do they work? Does a character need to be holding it in their hand or touching it in order to focus its power, or do they just need to have it somewhere on their person? 

Question regarding the Gems: how do they work? Does a character need to be holding it in their hand or touching it in order to focus its power, or do they just need to have it somewhere on their person? 

was told they only need it somewhere on their person.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name: Vittara

Species: Toa of Lightning

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental control over electricity

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Kakama, the Mask of Speed

Power/Weapon 3: Metal Claws that are silver in color

Appearance: Appearing rather small and frail, she does not seem very threatening. But looks can be deceiving. What she lacks in strength, she more than makes up for in speed and agility. Despite her size, she does have an athletic figure. Like most Toa of Lightning, she covered in blue and white armor.

Bio: Once part of a Toa team in the Northern Continent, she became a lone Toa after a falling out. She then wandered the Matoran Universe, fighting threats and defending villages as a Toa for hire. She came across many exotic and technologically advance places, from Metru Nui to Xia to the upper islands in the Southern Island chains. So, when she was abducted into Bionifight, she first though she was at another unexplored island in the Matoran Universe. She soon realized that she was in another place entirely, outside the Matoran Universe. Upon this discovery, she became pretty mad.

Personality: A hard Toa to be with, she is rather critical of others, pointing out the flaws of their fighting styles and how they could improve upon them. This makes her seem condescending, but what few people realize is that she is just as hard on herself as she is to others. Despite this, she can be quite caring. She will often make sure everyone is okay before she ventures off to her next adventure. She is also very passionate about her viewpoints, which was the cause of tension between her former teammates and has been the cause of tension between her and the leaders of Bionifight. After her falling out with her team, she has kept mainly to herself. She doesn't talk about her past, believing that it is pointless to discuss. In her mind, what's done is done, and their is no changing it, so why discuss it? She has been completely opposed to this tournament, seeing it as not only a waste of time, but also a total disregard of freedom.

was told they only need it somewhere on their person.

This is correct.

Hey, Drakua, just uh

Putting this here specifically, since it's purely OOC.

Anyways, just because it doesn't do damage doesn't mean it isn't an autohit. An autohit, by definition, is an action done where you do not allow the opponent to react - this goes for weapons, fights, or even helping people. Physical contact where you decide the end result is an autohit. Walking up to someone and poking them in the gut is an autohit, just as much as stabbing some poor bloke in the gut in one post. Deciding if something makes contact, no matter what, is an autohit, and against the rules.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Unless you have the player's consent to do so. 

Unless you have the player's consent to do so. 

This is also important too yes.

And just because someone doesn't write an attack as hitting, doesn't mean you should dodge it. If you give punches, you gotta expect to take some, too.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

These are all friendly reminders from fellow players, not strikes. It's how people learn when they have done something wrong.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Skull Carrier

Skull Carrier slides out of his seat and to the right a bit, letting the fellow Okotoan fall flat on his face.

"Be careful not to burn yourself," He takes his tray and begin to walk away, turning his head just to add, "I've never heard of one creature on Okoto that was fire-proof."

One spider snickers as though that were a joke.

Just so you know, taking control of another player's character and writing what happens to them is called bunnying. Unless you have the player's permission to do this, it's also agaisnt the rules. 

Ehhhh, give the dude a break. His attacker was lunging forward, by all rights, without his target to stop him, he'd fall down. And it isn't like he actually RP'd him hitting the ground. He used them term "let" in a different way, as in "he did nothing to stop this from happening."

• Upvote 5

...but close to it

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be out of town tomorrow through Saturday. I'll try to get another post in for everyone, but I'll give permission for Mirror's quest members to bunny him along and for Voltex to bunny Kopen along (you know, assuming nothing terrible happens to her...). Arkrax can just relax in the Knowledge Sector and L'Estranger can keep the training session going with Virse if you so desire.

If a round happens to begin before I get back, it should be fine to put Virse and Arkrax in (and Mirror if their quest happens to conclude).