BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Xaeraz stood quietly for a minute, thinking over the Queen's words, then sighed and nodded. He gave Kopen a small pat on the shoulder, then turned to leave. Halfway down the hall, he paused, and turned, stopping for a moment before saying, "Y-you're right, Ma'am. I'm at fault for that battle ending as poorly as it did, and if you wish me to be punished for it, I will accept whatever you decide appropriate." He swallowed before pressing on.

"Th-this, this tournament has been the, ah, best thing to happen to me in centuries, though. And I just... I wanted to, to thank you for bringing me here. And... I'm sorry. For ruining things like that." He gave the Queen a small smile and a goodbye wave, then turned and shuffled off to find his way back down to Engineering.

OOC: Xaeraz open for interaction.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Tirkah:

He laughed, clapping the other Glatorian on the shoulder.

"Ha ha! Don't be so serious! I'm only givin' ya a hard time.Whatever weapon ya choose to take on Makuta and their ilk is your own."

He frowned.

"But, uh.... I do gotta ask, how d'ya kill em with just them arrows?"

IC: Tomo

"Steady, steady..."

Another plasma blast.

This one...

The mech began to fall faster.

To fast.

"Coming in too hot-"

Crash.

The mech rolled over onto its sidez with a door in the top of it opening and Tomo falling out, pathetically bouncing on the ground as she landed.

"... Wawawawawa..."

IC: Eryard

A few of my shots got through.

The rest of them seemed to have been blocked?

... Force fields?

Well, whatever it was, it seems just shooting st the thing wouldn't do much good.

The Thornatus accelerated once more, as I turned to circle this Agorinoid thing.

IC: Kopen - Queen's Armory

Kopen folded her arms and did her best to ignore the the stream of painful reminders that came from the Queen. Both for her and for Xaeraz.

I swear, give me one chance to use this band, and I'll show you what it's like...

It caught her by surprise to hear the Queen ask Xaeraz to leave. For a moment, she stood, not daring to believe that was his footsteps walking out of the portal behind them. She couldn't find her voice to object. It was all starting to sink in. "...M-me? N-no! I... I can't... lead anyone! Bring Xaeraz back! Let him do it! I... I'm not..."

She didn't know what to say. She never would have expected something like this from the Queen, especially after their quest.

IC: Virse - Arena

It didn't take the Wrath long to arrive at the crash site. The whole craft was... smaller than she expected. A Matoran lay not far from it.

Virse readied the cannon for one final blast... but she couldn't pull the trigger. After so many years protecting the Matoran, she couldn't bring herself to harm one now. Not like this.

Edited by Click

IC: Falcon - Training Sector. 

"What are you talking about?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: THE QUEEN - THE ARMORY

"No," the Queen said quietly. "I shall not call him back."

She closed her eyes and sighed, opening them again as she stepped out onto the balcony, surveying the lands far below.

"Stand with me, General Kopen, and let us talk."

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

The enemy mech was down, and its pilot was in the open. Exposed, easily eliminated.

Raising his hands, The Puppetmaster sent twin lasers streaking towards Tomo. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

With all the weaponry laid before her, Kopen didn't even notice the open air at the other end of the Armory. She reluctantly stepped up to the Queen's side. "W-why me?" she asked softly.

"Take my hand," the Queen ordered. "You have not seen in many, many years - but with the power of the Mind Gem, for a brief moment, you shall see through my eyes. You shall see everything that lies below us, and perhaps you will begin to understand."

Groggily, Tomo got to her feet-

The lasers connected.

Tomo's body from the waist up fell to the ground, with a green mist escaping from the now-open hollow chassis.

The legs just stood their for a moment, before toppling. They disappeared before they hit the ground.

OOC: Tomo KO'd by Puppetmaster and Virse.

GM IC: MIRROR LYTREL

The figure born of a reflection of Lytrel (or however it had seemed to the fighter) grinned as Lytrel left him alone in the hall. 

He chuckled.

Then he pulled the gem out from where it had been hidden within his armor, and vanished.

• Upvote 2

She flinched and tried to turn away as the Matoran was suddenly split by the lasers, but her eyes some something stranger still. The Matoran was hollow, nothing but green gas within. Before she could get a better look, the body was gone.

"Thanks," she whispered hoarsely to her companion. "To the next battle, then?"

IC: Kopen - Queen's Arsenal

She didn't dare move. How could she know what she was going to see, or even if she wanted to see at all? It had been so long...

Her hand was grasping the Queen's before she could stop herself, and she could feel the Queen's mind washing into her own once again.

He frowned inside the exosuit, watching the trails of green mist vanish. "That wasn't a Matoran...." he shook off the moment of puzzlement and focused on Virse's words. "Yes. Let's get moving." 

"What are you talking about?" 

IC Tirkah:

He frowned again.

"well, strictly speakin', arrows are great for penetration, yeah, but if ya can't disperse a Makuta's antidermis, how do you...."

He trailed off, and he had a spark in his eye suddenly, "Don't suppose those are explodin' arrows, eh?"

The Queen took a deep breath as Kopen grabbed her hand.

Show her what I see, she ordered.

The Mind Gem obliged, with a flash of amusement.

GM IC: KOPEN - THE ARMORY

The first thing Kopen would notice was that they were very, very high up. The balcony they stood upon stretched hundreds of feet into the air, so that the buildings of a large, magnificent city below looked as small as ants. At the first glance, all she could tell was that the land below them was an orangey-brown plain; however, further observation would reveal mountains reaching up towards the sky off to the right. The balcony appeared to be built into a mountain itself.  

As she continued to observe, the Matoran would begin to make out other details of the land, realizing that a fierce wind swept across the ground below (although it was silent around herself and the Queen),  stirring up great clouds of red dust that obscured her view. When the winds had died down and the buildings became visible once more, Kopen would notice something else: the buildings were not whole.

They were ruins.

"Welcome to Alantria," the Queen said from beside her. "This is what remains of my home."

• Upvote 3

"No. What use would exploding arrows be?" This guy was making no sense. "I can't make any use of an animal's carcass if it's splattered all over the forest now, can I?" 

IC: Virse - Arena

She pushed the controls to bring the Wrath about. There was no point in lingering by an empty crater.

Virse was silent for a while until she could bear it no longer. "Are you... familiar with those creatures? The... hollow Matoran? I've seen so many new things since coming to this tournament... but that is by far the most... disturbing."

Kopen couldn't stop the gasp that escaped from her mouth. It was nothing but a wash of... blue and... orange, but it was so much more than she had... seen for a long time. And then, the details formed, the mountains separated themselves from the sky, buildings rose from the plain, the ground shifted with a fierce wind. There was no way she could have seen it with her clickers. Sight was so much... more than she could have ever remembered. 

The Queen was revealing a bit of her past, and it was broken. So much destruction, plain even from this great, dizzying height. The cloth wrapped around her eyes grew damp, but she didn't make any move to wipe the tears away. "What... happened here?" she choked out.

"As much as it pains me to say it, I have no idea what that thing was." 

GM IC: THE QUEEN - ALANTRIA

"Devastation," the Queen said. "Utter devastation. Everything... everyone... dead. I will... I will not go into details. You do not need that burden. That burden is only for the survivors to carry, few as they are. I keep our armory here to remind me, always, of what our mission was. What my mission is."

The Queen sighed.

There used to be seven....

The thought was meant to be private, but it would slip over to Kopen unintentionally as the Mind Gem maintained the connection that allowed the Matoran to see through the Queen's eyes.

IC: Lady Dajik - Med Bay

The Matoran had no way of seeing where she had hidden, so the Lady Dajik assumed she was just making a run for it. The bed rushed through the smoke, and her elemental vision followed. Could she allow the Matoran to escape, diverting the wrath of the organizers just a little?

No. It was not in her nature to leave survivors. The smoke in front of the runaway bed suddenly coalesced, growing thicker near to the point of solidity, before suddenly bursting into a new smoke bomb, hopefully slowing the cart. Her pistol was right behind, following the Matoran's progress until... whoosh. Another bullet sliced right for where the Matoran's head should be, given her attacks and its current speed. She wasn't a Dark Hunter for nothing.

IC(fishers): Something exploded in front of fishers, knocking the bed over and causing the Matoran to land on the ground as the bed skittered away from her. A whoosh heralded a bullet slightly forward and above her three-point stance. Way too close for comfort. But screw comfort. Awesomeness is way better. 

fishers aimed toward where the bullet came from, and fired, running for the med bay doors. She pulled a new magazine into her gun, keeping it trained on the place she thought the Lady Dajik was, already feeling dazed from the lack of clean air. Just a few more yards...

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - THE MEDICAL BAY

"Ladies! Gentlemen! Other entities!" a new voice cried out. "What in the name of Mata-Nui, might I ask, is going on in here?"

The fighters battling in the Medical Bay (Lady DajikFishersKalatin and the others), if they turned to the voice, would see a Skakdi with a white spine leaning against an open doorway, his mouth open wide in an eerie smile that would chill them all to the bone. He fingered the needle-like object in his hand lightly, his eyes sweeping over each individual fighter in turn as he observed the scene. 

"Do you all know who I am?" he asked slowly, his tone light and cheerful.

Edited by Lucina

She didn't feel like saying anything else, even as the stray thought slipped into her mind. But she had to know, "Why are you showing me this?"

The answer did little to ease her shaken nerves. She tried to focus on piloting, and scanning her sensors for her next target.

She could feel the gun raising through the smoke and instinctively ducked behind her bed. The resulting blast didn't seem to be all that close, as it is difficult to pick out a target in a smoke field, but better safe than sorry. The Lady Dajik jumped from cover and trained her gun on the fleeing Matoran, hoping to catch her before she left...

A voice broke into her concentration, and the Lady Dajik whirled to him. This Skakdi was... something new. Even her hardened nerves were slightly shaken by that maniacal grin. With a flourish of one hand, she gathered the smoke back into herself.

"I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure," she snapped, all biting pleasantries once more.

Tomo slowly opened her eyes and sat up on the bed-

"... Seriously people? A fight in the freakin' medbay?"

Tomo's voice was uncharacteristically deadpan, her eyes staring at the assembled fighters before focusing on a Skakdi she had never seen before.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BAY

The new arrival chuckled softly, the grin not leaving his face as he stuck his free hand out towards Lady Dajik.

"It is a sincere pleasure to meet you for the first time then, Lady Dajik," he responded lightly. "I do hope that you will forgive me for this rather... rude introduction. But it would not be pleasant if I were to find a knife in my back, and so of course, precautions must be taken."

He paused, waiting expectantly for her to shake his hand.

"Hush now," he said, speaking to Tomo but keeping his gaze on the other fighters.

"I am showing you this because I feel you deserve at least a hint of an explanation," the Queen replied. "But it is... also a way of me saying thank you. What you said... I have drifted far, far off-course from my mission. I do not know if I can get back on track anytime soon. But thanks to you... I know where I am headed once more, and I know that the path I am taking is the path I was meant to take. I shall not step off-course again."

Edited by Lucina

IC(Kalatin): Grateful for the fact that the smoke had cleared, the gelatin released the medical cart straight for Lady Dajik, using the combination of his tentacles and Tuyetkamn's bandages as a makeshift slingshot. 

It was then that the pain became too much for the gelatin and he fell unconscious, his tentacles dropping on the ground and recoiling into his frame. 

IC(A.D.): The shots and the crashing had finally woken up the dragon. Seeing Tuyetkamn standing over his friend's limp form was too much for A.D. - he blasted fire at the bandages, flames burning toward the cloth and its owner. The popping of melting gelatin could be heard - A.D. was still weak, and had less control of the flames than normal. 

IC(fishers): fishers holstered her gun, still smiling. "A pleasure, both of you," she said. "I believe that the Lady here was providing me a rare opportunity to hone my combat skills in an unusual environment. Smoke, you understand, is a most unusual obstacle that I have not previously encountered, and I welcome the new experience."

OOC: Kalatin and A.D. still fighting, fishers talking with Maeus fo Kuru and Lady Dajik.  

Her eyes flicked up and down the Skakdi, trying to analyze just what made him tick. But she couldn't tear herself away from that horrific grin and those cold eyes. She had taken her share of lives, but somehow this one sickened her. She could tell he would not only kill, but he would enjoy every last drop of blood.

Needless to say, he was not someone to be calmly shaking hands with.

But she did it anyway, clasping the offered hand with her dainty, ladylike grip. She almost smiled pleasantly, all the while ready to turn her hand to blades at the slightest... unfortunate motion. "Completely understandable," she crooned. "My sincerest apologies if my actions gave you any inconvenience." She said it as if it were a mere stumble, or a broken vase, and not a vicious assassination. The insolent Matoran was actually pretending she enjoyed it. Every word was a mockery of her skills, honed over years of experience. One does not enjoy their death, not by her hands. But the do enjoy her failure...

The rumble of wheels caught her attention, and the Lady Dajik turned back to see a cart hurtling towards her. She did the best thing she could, and stumbled out of the way, leaving the poor cart launcher to deal with this twisted Skakdi.

She knew exactly what the Queen was talking about. There could only be one moment in that quest. The field, those words she said, the awful silence... the fall. The scene had been playing in her head ever since. And after all her thought, it didn't make any more sense now than it did then.

She knew she wouldn't get a satisfactory answer from the Queen. Oh, she "changed," of course! From a pitiless, power-hungry tyrant to a soft-spoken and sincere leader in a matter of minutes. She wasn't buying it. People don't change at the smallest obstacle. She had changed, over years after...

Kopen suddenly cut the thoughts short. How much of her doubt could the Queen sense? She had to say something. "Don't mention it," she mumbled, wincing right after. It sounded so insincere and heartless. But was the Queen even worth the effort?

Edited by Click

IC Langmuir - Arena

The other machine's speed vastly outstrips my own, hitting them at this close a range is going to prove difficult, if not impossible. Meanwhile, they have a variety of ranged weaponry, my best bet is to relocate to a more advantageous area to fight, or simply lose them altogether. Wearing myself down for a third kill would be a fruitless endeavor, even if I gained a lead, if the Irvine was debilitated, or worse, I'd have difficultly holding that lead and surviving the round. So, to those ends I acted, activating my Crast to jump outside the circle of the other machine, then once more towards a section of the town with more buildings, corners and less open space. If they decided to pursue, I would at least be the one making the choice of battlefield.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

OoC: Just FYI:

The knight stood up.

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena | Fighting Galaxia Eternis)

Feli winced when a broken wire inside the pilot's cockpit sparked. Her mech was quite badly damaged, but she continued to fight, because giving up wasn't an option for her.

The enemy attacked, but the Wraithknight dodged to the side and immediately thrust its blade, aiming at the mecha's torso. The attack wasn't too accurate because of the several destroyed cameras that hampered Feli's vision, but mechas are large targets.

IC: Dartakh (Commercial Sector | With Ravyn and Arkie)

He grunted after both of them admitted to not know of any good drinks and continued to eat. After a moment of munching he said "Are you two good fighters? I mean, you're both Toa so you are practically demigods, but without any fighting skill that means nothing"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Skrall stepped back, allowing Wyrm to recover his launcher. He was not some barbarian who only saw victory in the death of his opponent. It would be preferable, yes, but the creature had chosen to accept his inevitable defeat and that was that.

He swung round to face Lefia as she spoke up, pointing his sword at her throat.

"This is not your fight. Either step away or step into the ring."

OOC: I assume thats Skrall and Wyrm you were talking about, Manhunter, it was a bit unclear

IC: Olari stumbled backwards as she caught Zakaro, nearly falling but managing to catch herself with her element, slowing her descent to something a little more graceful than the tumble it had started as. She ended up sat on the ground, Zakaro in her lap with his head against her belly.

"I..." It had been a long time since anyone had gotten this close to her. Anyone who hadn't been trying to kill her, anyway. "I hope that maybe someday you get to go on these quests, rather than be stuck in the static loop that is this tournament."

IC: As Kelatin fell unconscious, the hold pinning Tuyetkhamun in place vanished, and she dropped back to the ground, bandages retracting from her erstwhile tormentor to coil around her once more.

"I have no idea who you are, sir Skakdi," she answered Maeus, "But if you are someone in a position of authority then I demand that you levy punishment upon that creature!" She pointed a finger quivering with rage at Kelatin, "I was merely discussing matters with the Knight of Smoke when it made a completely unprovoked attack upon my person!"

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The Wyrm - Training Sector. 

"Thank you," he knelt to gather up his weapons, ignoring Lefia's jeers. 

OOC: According to Lefia's profile, her Charisma can be resisted by "strong-willed beings", whatever that's actually supposed to mean. Considering that The Wyrm has a broken arm and has already surrendered, I think it reasonable that her Charisma would be unable to convince him to suicidally attack someone, since the idea is too stupid for him to take seriously. 

IC Lefia:

Lefia gulped. "I'll just be going now.", she trailed off, quickly turning and running off, inwardly smoldering.

OOC: strong-willed beings basically means that if somebody realizes what's going on, they can push back against her influence easily. And you're right in that it wouldn't work in this instance.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Terry Terrix - Engineering Sector. 

Taking the book with him, he returned to the Engineering Sector and picked up a new form, taking the time to carefully write out his new ideas before presenting it to Dreisen, "Would you be willin' to redesign my mech for me, mate?" 

Edited by Locus

IC-Galaxia Eternis

As if by an Unfortunate Miracle, The Blade struck a weak point in the Shoulder, Breaking off a Large portion of the Shoulderpad. However, Galaxia Eternis Kept her cool, And instead Lashed out with another Strike from her Light blade towards the Enemy's blade-arm.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen glanced up at Terry from where he was seated at his desk, rolling his eyes as he sighed.

"I suppose so," he said. "Did you perhaps actually design a mech that can win this time?"

How adorable. She hates you.

Kopen's feelings and thoughts leaked over the connection - no doubt thanks to the Mind Gem - and the Queen withdrew her hand, cutting off the connection as she tried to build another wall between herself and the presence. The presence merely laughed before withdrawing on its own.

"I tore through your mind after the first round, Kopen," the Queen said. "I ripped it apart so badly that you needed others to stitch you back together. Do you want to know what I did to myself in the tunnel? What has caused me to change, what allowed me to pass through that barrier?"

What did you expect?

Her hands were shaking, but she did not care. Maybe it was the Mind Gem, maybe it was herself, or maybe both; but the Queen was frustrated and angry.

You burned this bridge before it could even be built.

"I tore my mind to pieces. I forced myself to undergo years of development in the span of minutes. I used my own powers on myself, and I still cannot..." she trailed off, clutching at the railing of the balcony as a wave of dizziness washed over her. She slowly drew in a long, shuddering breath, drawing on the energies of the Mind Gem to re-focus herself. "What I did... is not healthy... and still my mind... my memories... remain fragmented and in pieces, a jumbled mess that I cannot make out. Perhaps I was mad before, perhaps I am mad now, but if I am not... I certainly will be if I cannot properly repair myself."

She turned away, walking back into the armory. As she passed by the shelves, the Ultimate Weapons vanished, leaving the room empty once more. The Queen stood by the portal.

"Let us return to the facility," she said stiffly. "I must give you the information you shall need for the War Games."

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BAY

The Skakdi withdrew his hand after shaking with Lady Dajik, calmly reaching out and halting the medical cart. His eyes swept across the room, taking in the fighters that had been battling mere moments before. Some of them were still fighting. There was the Lady Dajik, of course; the dragon, A.D., the Matoran Fishers, a gelatinous blob called Kalatin, a bandaged fighter called Tuyetkhamun, and of course... the unfortunate witness, Tomo.

He smiled wider as Fishers burst out laughing, before replying to Lady Dajik.

"Oh, Lady Dajik, I am very happy to hear your apology, as insincere as it is," he replied cheerfully. "This little, ah, misunderstanding has indeed caused me inconvenience. Repairs shall have to be made, of course, and that shall delay the treatment of patients. But then, you and your poisonous friend over there did recently do me quite the favor!"

The Skakdi chuckled softly, rubbing his chin thoughtfully afterwards before turning towards Tuyetkhamun.

"Why would you discuss matters of a suspicious nature in the Medical Bay?" he asked. He sounded confused, although the look on his face would tell the fighter that the question was rhetorical. "I do believe the blob was merely... investigating. When you poison the Commercial Sector and attempt to suffocate it with smoke, I believe you have lost the right to complain when others attack you. But then, that is just my humble opinion, as the head of the medical staff here at Bionifight. My name is Maeus fo Kuru."

Maeus smiled at each of them in turn.

"Now of course, I cannot allow you to leave here unpunished," he said, sounding regretful. "But what sort of punishment does one give, when fighters destroy part of the Medical Bay? This is quite the quandary."

Edited by Lucina

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena | Fighting Galaxia Eternis)

Feli tried to pull away the mecha's sword with both of her mecha's arms, but muttered a curse when she was unable to do so. The enemy's strike hit the Wraithknight's left forearm and cut it in half. The Wrath of Justice was yanked out and the mecha backed away by several steps, sparks flying from the severed arm. Feli punched the wall of the cockpit in frustration, for she couldn't lose this one. She wouldn't allow any foe to defeat her, so she decided to employ a more cunning tactic in order to achieve victory.

The Wraithknight turned around and started running away, leaping over some pieces of rubble and metal that were partially buried in sand.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles