BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Zephyr frowned. He didn't like this Mt. Ihu at all. Something was missing besides the legions of loyal ko-matoran waiting on him hand and foot. The weather was the same, so what was missing? Not the clouds, not the temperature, not the hospitality (or lack thereof, not the...

"...Rahi. It could have been a rahi of some kind. Maybe a Muaka dislodging a boulder, or perhaps some stampeding Vako. But I haven't seen any rahi besides that insect monster since we arrived."

IC: Donrioda

She nodded. "Fair point. That would make sense, after all." No combatant could have been able to fly and be large enough to cause an avalanche when they fell...could they?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

-IC-

IC: Onuvo

As the two beings come towards Onuvo, the Onu-Toa decides to move first.  He lauched himself into the air using a pillar of earth, and then used his mask to create a pair of portals from above him and about twenty feet in front of the pair, fist outstretched. 

This should give him the advantage of an early strike of a high, velocity punch. Of course, if he missed, he would end up skidding down the mountain. Something that he definitely did not want to do. 

Oh well. He had already done it. What is there to be done?

IC:

I saw the projectile bounce. There's only so many things it could be, but I don't really have any way of knowing what it is. Grenade of some kind, almost certainly, so my arms should provide at least decent protection. One thing sticks in my mind, though; the Queen's explanation of the Infinite System. She said a loss here wouldn't kill us. Now, I trust her about as far as I can throw her. But everything our hosts have said (so far) has been honest. And in a situation like this...

Well. No one ever said I wasn't reckless.

I see my opponent- definitely a her- turn away an instant after she throws. Probably should do something similar. My eyes snap shut, but my legs don't stop moving... And the flashbang goes off. Even through lidded eyes it's darn bright, but the lack of any searing pain means that it didn't do any damage. Meant to disorient, then. Well, it half worked, at least. Even though I open my eyes, I can't clearly see what Archer Girl is up to. But I've fought archers before. I push off heavily with my right leg, accelerating more than usual for a moment... But diagonally forward. Should throw off an immediate attempt to aim, but I can't say for sure what she's doing.

One thing is clear, though. I still know the ranges, and I know where I am. Vision's starting to go from "I can kinda see" to "I can see", though admittedly not as fast as I would like. More importantly, though, is two possibilities. I didn't stop moving, which means I'm still getting closer. Either she's retreating to a safer distance, in which case I'm safe for now, or she's lining up a shot. My torso is fairly well protected, and lining up a shot on moving legs is a pain. At this range, once my vision is back, I can see where she's aiming.

Don't think she expected me to be reckless.

But she's almost in range... And once that happens, the advantage is mine.

OOC: Still fighting Virna, of course.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (A.D.): A.D. scowled upon receiving his message. He was -already- on the ground, wings shredded, walking in the fog, badly wounded, when a bunch of electricity hit him, for no reason. "I'm just trying to stay in this thing." he said, though he doubted anyone cared. 

He collapsed, everything out of joint, and the world began to shriver and blur. Ancient Darkness KO'd. 

IC: Zephyr shrugged and resumed his slow trudge up the mountain. Glancing back at Donrioda, he inquired, "Well? are we going to go find higher ground and see the source, or not? We only have a finite amount of time, and even that rahkshi who hassled our captor would know better than to stay in one place in driving snow like this."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Prose/Mount Ihu, Defending against Kopen while Kale and Iskane are fighting

I laughed as she tried to run at me again, but seeing as she seemed more nimble than a normal Matoran, she was not to be underestimated, even if she was blind. I proceeded to put my shovel away for now and use the pick to block.

IC: Kuro/Mount Ihu, Wandering

I began to walk around looking for a challenger.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Zephyr shrugged and resumed his slow trudge up the mountain. Glancing back at Donrioda, he inquired, "Well? are we going to go find higher ground and see the source, or not? We only have a finite amount of time, and even that rahkshi who hassled our captor would know better than to stay in one place in driving snow like this."

Donrioda nodded. Heading up the mountain was the best course of action. The snow was loose, and going up certainly was harder than down. Her Kakama wouldn't be of much help, unless she wanted to fall on her face.

"Let's head up, then."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Zephyr nodded, already forcing his way up the mountain through the ever deepening snow. he glanced around, trying to find any identifying markings.

"Donrioda," he said slowly, thinking of something that might be useful. "Does your robot communicate in a way you can understand, or is it solely through his beeping? And what sort of range do you have on him? I have an idea."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Virnar

The being apparently pressed on, about as aggressively as one of the monsters back on Bara Magna. That was fine, she was no stranger to powerful things trying to tear her apart... Even if they were usually larger. 

No matter. Her own vision wasn't harmed, but the snow got in the way of seeing whether her opponent had any proper defenses aside from his sword.... Was his arm supposed to be slightly bulkier? No matter. She aimed straight at him, and drew back her bow, aiming dead on for his chest...

And immediately fired upwards. 

The curve she shot at was just sharp enough that a small storm of arrows would fall right on top of the hunter Glatorian's opponent's head, should he keep up his recklessness and charge forward at that speed. Meanwhile, she leaped backwards a bit to open more distance, while grabbing yet another bundle of arrows in anticipation of the next move....

OOC: Fighting Zangah, still.

wow i should not be typing after just finishing dinner

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Zephyr nodded, already forcing his way up the mountain through the ever deepening snow. he glanced around, trying to find any identifying markings.

"Donrioda," he said slowly, thinking of something that might be useful. "Does your robot communicate in a way you can understand, or is it solely through his beeping? And what sort of range do you have on him? I have an idea."

"It only beeps, sadly. But I can instruct it to beep in specific ways, at least. Four for any potential hostiles, for example. And...it can go quite far. Certainly farther than what I can see right now. Why? What do you have in mind?"

The drone beeped once.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: "I spent a year living on Mt. Ihu, once. There's a path that takes you right to the top, marked by a pair of pillars with heatstones embedded in them every kio or so. Maybe your friend could see if our 'benevolent' and 'wise' overlords remembered that path."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Viitka [Psuedo-Ihu, Peak]

A rush of air preceded the wave of steam that exploded outward from the area, and Viitka momentarily shielded her eyes with a hand, the limb still tingling from having been passed through a wall of fire.  Great, either someone was really stupid or really smart, because the clouded mist certainly didn't help things at all when it came to visibility, making it nearly impossible to see as the whiteout swallowed everything that wasn't in a few bio radius around her up.  Just fantastic.  Erring on the side of caution, Viitka activated her armor, which probably would have saved her from the charred slash across her chest piece earlier, and slowly crept forward, arm once again reassembling itself into the blade.

There was a crunch of snow behind her, just barely audible with the wind whipping past her ears, and she turned just in time to see Artorre's strike, the sword rebounding off of the glowing magenta energy that flared to life just above her left shoulder.  While her armor's shield protected her from getting sliced into pieces, the force of the blow still sent her rotating back a step, though she managed to whip her right arm-blade around towards her attacker, aiming to cut into his midsection.

OOC: Viitka engaged with Artorre.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: "I spent a year living on Mt. Ihu, once. There's a path that takes you right to the top, marked by a pair of pillars with heatstones embedded in them every kio or so. Maybe your friend could see if our 'benevolent' and 'wise' overlords remembered that path."

She nodded. "Yeah. I could probably do so." She balled her hand into a fist, index finger poking her palm. "Okay. Lil' Blendy, keep a perimiter around us. Look for heatstones on pillars. If you see them, beep thrice."

The drone beeped twice, confirming the command. Donrioda nodded, and sent the drone to scout ahead. "We should be able to hear it. It won't go too far ahead of us."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC (Albrcht von Armbrüster)

The Toa's plan is quickly plain to me:

I see it in his mind, as clear as day.

Just like the day I woke to face the sun

and Xara's army, tens of thousands strong.

That reckless man had set his eyes upon

the throne of Bara Khan, and I alone

stood in his way. For though I had no claim

to any throne, the current king, a man

named Kax, had made himself my friend long years

ago, and I would let no harm befall

his reign. So up I came, and stood upon

the hill, and faced the vile usurper with

the sun. His ugly face went white as snow,

as blood fled with his brav'ry and his pride.

"O Xara," were my words to him that day.

"O Xara, you have done an evil thing,

and dared to raise your arms against the king.

Your honour's gone, and with it any claim

you might have had upon the Em'rald Throne.

Begone." And then I drew my love, the one

I treasure far above all else; 'tis she alone

who holds my heart and mind, and she alone

who makes my lungs to sing. I raised her high

to catch the rising sun, and let escape

a mighty roar, and then I fell upon 

the host like lightning fallen from the sky.

And by the time the stars came out, I'd slain

a thousand men and more, for none were there

whose strength could match my own. The usurper

himself gave up his ghost; he cursed his luck,

but didn't dare to curse my name, for fear

my wrath would follow him beyond the grave.

Yes, like that day, I see his thoughts, and know

his plan to take me by surprise. His luck's

all gone, for ev'ry plan he's made is known

to me, and so I simply wait for him to come.

And as he passes through the air, I cause

my mask to glow; its power floods my frame

to disengage material form. The man

flies through me and beyond to hurtle down

the icy mountainside. Perhaps he'll die?

• Upvote 6

IC: He was just about to respond to Ezezko's query and tell Shirke to introduce herself, when he found himself abruptly torn temporally and spatially from the cafeteria, and onto the slopes of a mountain.

And either inside a blizzard, or a cloud, judging from the slightly less biting cold and more ambient, freeze your nipples off cold.

Only a bit better, but he could always rely on his Guts to numb the discomfort. With a sober inhalation and subsequent exhalation, Damaka got down to business.

"Shirke? We're on a mountain, right?"

"You -heard- the announcement, right? Yes. Mount Ihu to be exact, very beautiful scenery. When we aren't inside a cloud. A shame we have to fight here, really. You're going to -hate- having to breathe and fight here."

"Well, you know what they say; no pain, no gain, right?" he responded, cracking his knuckles and stepping forward.

Into a ten-foot void.

there was the dull crumple of compressed snow

"Ow..."

helo frens

IC: Xara - Arena.

"I think it's dead," I said hesitantly, starting to head away from my temporary ally and move further up the slope towards where the creature seemed to have gone down. My battered, scorched armour made every step painful, and I mentally cursed whichever idiot had made us able to feel our armour's injuries. 

But I wasn't dead yet, and so long as I was still standing, I was going to keep fighting. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Vagust pursed his lips grimly, unsure of whether or not the dragon would have been harmed by his attack or those of the others fighting him, or if the dragon would be out of the arena now; he could only hope he wouldn't have to deal with that creature. Now, however, that primary threat was finished. While the other two lightning users were nearby, he felt little need to attack them at the moment. Indeed, there was an ally he had made who he needed to find, rather than wasting his time with more battles like this.

Using his swordstaff to help him keep his balance on the uneven, icy rock and snow, Vagust trekked further along the mountain, in search of Zangah. It didn't take him too long to find the other Toa, although by the time he did Vagust was wishing he'd had a cloak with him. When he found Zangah, Zangah was engaged in combat with another being, although Zangah certainly seemed to be holding his own.

So Vagust, wishing to offer his fellow Toa a chance at an honourable duel, merely stayed back and observed, ready to intervene if necessary.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: "Good, then we keep heading up. The path spirals the whole way up, so we will find it eventually. That, or you'll get killed, and I'll have to press on alone. Which would be a shame. I hate having nobody there to see me excel at what I do." Zephyr flipped open his arm panels, humming a new pair of seeds into them before shutting the panels again.

So, Donrioda. Before you were brought here, what were you doing?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Kopen - Arena (fighting Prose)

Is the Rahkshi... laughing?

As her staff rang against its pick, she quickly changed her direction, rolling off the weapon and striking with the other end of the staff towards the Kraata case.

IC Kat/Wandering the snowy drifts(again)

I kept moving, the cold unrelenting.

I'd say it was getting to me, if I wasn't so proud.

In the meantime, Whatever I'd seen earlier was gone, and I was headed toward the mountain, wishing I could still fly.

I was gonna have to talk to whoever had done that.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC:

Two shots. I can tell by the characteristic sound of the bow string.

The first one, apparently, was aimed for my chest. My luck held, it seems, as the it was fired towards the best guarded point on my body at this moment, stopped by my gauntlet. The second, however, doesn't come near me; there is no impact, or any blur in my vision to show its passing. Speaking of vision, mine is finally more or less normal. The second arrow, though, is telling; my foe has pulled something tricky. I may be stubborn, but I'm not stupid. I slow my pace a bit, though still advancing, and use it to reassess.

My opponent has retreated a bit, currently reaching for her arrows. Still close enough to get to fairly quickly, but I don't trust that second shot. Luck only holds so long. My stance changes as I bring my blade back into a plow guard, point angled towards my opponent's neck and head, as is proper. Nothing uncommon about that, it's one of the five most basic long sword guards, after all. What my opponent isn't likely to realize, however, is the ulterior motive. Such a basic maneuver really sets up one simple maneuver.

I trigger the mechanism concealed in my weapon. 

I mentioned before, how a proper plow stance orients the long sword's tip towards the opponent's head. This seemingly insignificant fact is now of critical importance as a bullet shoots forth from the tip of my sword, rocketing directly towards Archer Girl's cranium. I almost feel sorry. Such a trick is out of the blue, given how I've been behaving. All of her analysis of my abilities, my tendencies, ruined by a single ace up the sleeve. Without a way to see it coming, the mechanism is hidden for a reason after all, and without any prior indication of such a trick...

Sorry, Archer Girl. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

But it might end here. And if it doesn't... Well, she only needs to be preoccupied for a moment in order for me to close in.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Good, then we keep heading up. The path spirals the whole way up, so we will find it eventually. That, or you'll get killed, and I'll have to press on alone. Which would be a shame. I hate having nobody there to see me excel at what I do." Zephyr flipped open his arm panels, humming a new pair of seeds into them before shutting the panels again.

So, Donrioda. Before you were brought here, what were you doing?"

"Before coming here? I was in the middle of running from..."

What did she say before? It was hard to remember.

"...A Rahkshi. It was close on my tail before I activated my Kakama, then, seconds after that, I ended up here."

Three beeps echoed through the storm. "That would be Lil' Blendy. He should return soon, and show us where to go."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Zephyr snorted derisively at the mention of Rahkshi.

"Rahks. Armored slugs barely worth the time it takes to break their shells. I'm honestly surprised the hosts decided so many of those sub-matoran scum managed to make it into this tournament, unless they're meant as my cannon fodder." Zephyr sighed, thinking back to an encounter he'd had in the archives once.

"It's a shame, really. The hosts seem to have deprived me of my Shineseed Sunflowers. I could easily fry the lot of them if I still had those."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Zephyr snorted derisively at the mention of Rahkshi.

"Rahks. Armored slugs barely worth the time it takes to break their shells. I'm honestly surprised the hosts decided so many of those sub-matoran scum managed to make it into this tournament, unless they're meant as my cannon fodder." Zephyr sighed, thinking back to an encounter he'd had in the archives once.

"It's a shame, really. The hosts seem to have deprived me of my Shineseed Sunflowers. I could easily fry the lot of them if I still had those."

She shrugged. "I don't know why they did it, either."

The drone came into view, hovering in front of both of them. "Lead us, Blendy."

The drone bobbed up and down, before advancing forwards, just in the realm of sight.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC - Artorre (Mt. Ihu):

Artorre's mask allowed him to easily sidestep with the swing, creating extra time for him to bring his sword back into a position to parry the arm-blade. He'd never kept his blade locked with the enemy's as an offensive tactic, but seeing as Viitka's was part of her body, and his was on fire, he decided to try it now.

IC: Zephyr followed the bobbing drone through the storm, only pausing to check on the seeds in his arms and how their growth was progressing. he silently channeled a bit more elemental energy into them as he walked, wanting to ensure he could spring them forth at a moment's notice. As Blendy led them to the warm orange glow of the heatstones and the path, Zephyr's speed slowly picked up. Once he reached the pillar, he paused, kneeling by the base to scrape away at snow in the search for... Something.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I came up over a rise and spotted a figure (Kat) approaching through the snowy haze. Deciding not to let myself be taken by surprise, I take careful aim, and fire a warning shot - a thin bolt of lightning - into the snow beside them. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zephyr followed the bobbing drone through the storm, only pausing to check on the seeds in his arms and how their growth was progressing. he silently channeled a bit more elemental energy into them as he walked, wanting to ensure he could spring them forth at a moment's notice. As Blendy led them to the warm orange glow of the heatstones and the path, Zephyr's speed slowly picked up. Once he reached the pillar, he paused, kneeling by the base to scrape away at snow in the search for... Something.

She stood near the pillar, staring up at the heat stone and letting its warmth hit her face. It was cold out here. She looked at Zephyr out of the corner of her eyes. "What are you looking for, exactly?"

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Prose/Mount Ihu, Delaying the inevitable against Kopen unless someone helps him while Iskane fights Kale.

I raised my arm as it got impaled by the staff. I put away the pick and grabbed a snowball to chuck at her. Of course, it wouldn't really effect her because she was blind but the momentary shock would provide just enough time for me to uppercut her in the chin.

IC: Kuro/Mount Ihu

I continued to wander about looking for an honorable opponent.

IC: Zephyr grinned and dug his hand into the softness around the pillar, reaching up to show Donrioda a handful of

"Soil," he said, a grin creeping into his voice. "There's soil here. I can lay a trap for anyone else who finds the path, since I'm assuming you'd rather not spend too long here. After all, I could grow myself some armor, given enough time here. Even with the soil as poor as it is."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Kat/ under attack from Xara(Watch this fight, ya'll. it'll probably be a good one)

The bolt struck the snow beside me, and I immediately rolled forward, sending a low level fear bolt in the direction it had come. I didn't know who had sent the bolt, but I would be Karzed if I made an easy target.

I started running toward the out crop it had come from, in a pattern that would make it hard to target me on the move.

IC - Shixahl (Mt. Ihu):

As Anna raised her hand, Shixahl leaped to the side, and the lightning struck where he had just been standing. Shifting the spins of his knives so that one was spinning over his head, he spun himself around as he landed, and then released both, so that one flew towards her left thigh, while the other went for her right shoulder. He immediately drew two more, and pounced at her, swinging each blade outward from the shoulder opposite the hand wielding it, like a closing pair of scissors.

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna frowned. The Glatorian quickly turned herself and her gaze to follow Shixahl as he jumped. As Shixahl started to throw his weapons, she stepped to the right quickly to dodge the left thigh throw, drawing her sword back as she did so.

Check mate, buddy. Anna thought, as she raised her shield in the same motion to block the second knife. However, it was the scissor blade cut that sealed the deal. The two knives clanged loudly off of Anna's shield. Her stance held, even as she let her shield bounce back while the other knives very likely did. Her eyes glimmered for a moment; the Glatorian, in the moment of the recoil, quickly twisted, and then stabbed out toward Shixahl's torso while he very likely was still struggling to react.

IC: Viitka [Psuedo-Ihu, Peak, Fighting Artorre]

Considering the limb's crystalline nature at the moment, the flames that poured out from the sword didn't damage the glossy, inky-black surface of the jagged weapon overly so, for now, anyway.  Unwilling to give the Ta-Toa the chance to burn through her own arm, Viitka prepared to yank it away, but decided against it.  Instead, she locked it up with his own weapon even more, the flames slowly beginning to discolor the glass-like surface, and quickly lashed out with a shin kick that hooked around towards his right knee.  Aiming to damage the limb, or at least knock him off balance what with the icy footing, before ripping her arm away from the searing blade.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Zephyr grinned and dug his hand into the softness around the pillar, reaching up to show Donrioda a handful of

"Soil," he said, a grin creeping into his voice. "There's soil here. I can lay a trap for anyone else who finds the path, since I'm assuming you'd rather not spend too long here. After all, I could grow myself some armor, given enough time here. Even with the soil as poor as it is."

She nodded. "That is very good indeed. If anyone else uses this pathway, they'd be struck down by your trap. The heatstones certainly will help draw people, at least."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Kopen - Arena (fighting Prose)

...Another snowball? It does realize we're in a karzing blizzard, right?

Kopen barely even flinched as the snowball met her numbed body, but she was able to lean backwards away from the punch. As she did, she brought her staff around for a crippling blow to the legs.

A blast of something came streaking out of the haze, and I let myself drop off the ridge and slide a few bio down the slope in order to avoid it. My opponent was moving erratically up the slope towards me, trying to present a hard target. 

I almost laughed at how adorable the whole thing was. I was a full-powered Shadow Kraata for karz's sake. I wasn't going to be outwitted that easily. I pointed my two blades forwards, channeling a web of crackling lightning between them and releasing it. 

Smaller, weaker bolts of lightning tumbled down the slope, spreading out like like grasping claws. My opponent might get lucky and evade some of the painful bolts, but I didn't like they're chances of dodging them all. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Kat/fighting Xara

I looked up to see half a dozen bolts now headed my way.

Karz.

With a grimace, I jumped aside, roling, and continuing to move forward. Three bolts struck with soft crackles in the snow behind me. That still left the other three. No time to dodge those.

I planted my staff into the ice, crouching next to it, hoping the metal staff would absord the shock.

It half worked.

The staff took the bolts alright, but unfortunately, I hadn't quite gotten through the harder ice, and so a fair jolt went through me.

This day was just the absolute best.

With a scowl I looked up to see.....

<"Xara?!">

• Upvote 1

I froze. Not literally; it's not that cold. 

<"Kat?">

IC: Prose/Mount Ihu, Fighting Kopen and Kale with Iskane

I jumped backwards away from the staff. I knew I had no chance fighting 1 on 1. So I ran over to Iskane and began buffering his skills with my power. Hopefully he would be a match for 2 opponents. Of course, I could still chuck some snow via my giant shovel as a nice distraction. And I did so to Kopen who would likely be pursuing me.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17