BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC - Vagust:

"I haven't got much experience in rummaging through basements in search of anything hidden - I'd be more likely to destroy whatever I might be looking for by accident - and I've got a personal interest in stopping whatever is causing problems in Engineering. As such, I think I'll stick with you," Vagust said, stepping back over to Dreisen. Then he turned to Antiro, a sort of morbidly playful grin on his face.

"Besides, that means that if you mess anything up looking around and hurt yourself, I can't possibly be blamed for not saving you, because I'll be gone. So...don't screw anything up, okay?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Ajiseni (Enforcer Quest)

"Ah, there's the furnace. Good good, now we've visited the AC and the furnace, plus the spooky sword room. Where next, the water supply? I could use a swim."

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique, Strike Team B, Tunnels vs. Dajik and Feli)

There was something. Was there something? There was. 

Owethed and the opponent- at least, the first one- had disappeared into the smoke and a constant train of vibrations that Zakaro couldn't make any difference between one or the other, forcing him to try to step back, breathe lightly, and prepare another attack. And then, something larger. Seismic thuds, a rhythm of walking, something larger than yet encountered. 

"Karzit, down!" the Onu-Toa yelled, dropping to the ground and rolling to a side as plasma screamed over his head, burning a shoulderpad which began to drip hot liquid onto Zakaro's mask, drawing a hiss of pain before his roll brought it under his head rather than over. With a grunt of attack, he slapped the ground, earthen powers awakening and rolling through the substance. 

And with that, a loud cracking rung through the corner, and the ground in front of Zakaro- thus facing Feli or at least the general direction of the shot- suddenly tilted, the floor falling in front of Zak but rising a few meters later into an edge. If the sudden change didn't cause the Wraithknight to crash itself between the tunnel ceiling and floor with the abrupt lack of space, at the least the movement of the ground would buy Zakaro a few moments to recover and truly engage. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

GM IC: DREISEN - BASEMENT

Dreisen nodded, stepping back into the hallway with Reezo and glancing over to Antiro.

"Take care - if you can, find something that you can radio back to Engineering with," he said. "Try to stay in contact. Vagust, dragon*, will you be staying here or returning to Engineering with me?"

OOC: *A.D.

IC - Vagust:

"I haven't got much experience in rummaging through basements in search of anything hidden - I'd be more likely to destroy whatever I might be looking for by accident - and I've got a personal interest in stopping whatever is causing problems in Engineering. As such, I think I'll stick with you," Vagust said, stepping back over to Dreisen. Then he turned to Antiro, a sort of morbidly playful grin on his face.

"Besides, that means that if you mess anything up looking around and hurt yourself, I can't possibly be blamed for not saving you, because I'll be gone. So...don't screw anything up, okay?"

IC(A.D.): "I'd like to stay and search." A.D. said. Reluctantly, he looked at the Toa of Lightning. "I'd prefer that you stay," he said. "There might be more electronic systems like this"- he held up the spring - "down here. It would be easier if I had someone who could detect these sort of things using their element."

He looked around the room. "We're looking for a dead Matoran. Kinda hard to miss or destroy. But if you want to leave, I'm not holding it against you." 

IC - Vagust:

"Sorry, big guy, but it's a matter of where I feel I'll be more useful as well," Vagust said, shrugging. "Searching for traps, I won't be very useful for. Sure, I'll know there's something there, but so long as you keep a close eye out you'll be able to find them without my help. Other than that, the general search...honestly, it's not like I'll add much anyways. Whereas down in the Engineering sector, I know I can help out when it comes to trying to subdue rogue mech platforms and the like."

profiles i guess

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly watched as Langmuir wrapped her hands around the gem. However, unlike the other gem, nothing happened to the room. Elly frowned, and walked up to Langmuir, and held her hand out to check the gem, wondering just what it might have been.

-==IC: Elly==-

"I don't know." Elly admitted. "Usually I have to like, feel the gem to get a sense of what it can do. It's an odd thing to explain." Elly awkwardly looked at the gem, as she tried to get a sense of what it was without actually holding it.

IC:

Let me let you in on a few facts of life.

One, tunnels aren't spacious.

Two, when you spend your life fighting Makuta and their Exo-Toa minions, you get used to big things.

Three, you are never, ever going to sneak up on me in a mech. 

The large, though elegant mecha that seems to be unaware of this fact has gotten behind us, and somehow expected us not to notice. Zakaro did, and while the extra warning was nice, I didn't really need it. I was hitting the ground the instant the sound of metal on rock was behind me, meaning that the plasma that passed over my head (still hot, by the way, that was not a nice sensation) actually ended up being the perfect cover for me. The occupant of that mech would likely expect us to be fried, and if not that, have blocked somehow. I did neither.

When the attack passed over me, I took advantage of my low-to-the-ground position to lunge towards the enemy, closing the gap to prevent the enemy machine from being able to use its plasma cannon without fearing for its own safety. Or me having time to evade. 

Fact four; smoke is a for people to see through. But for cameras, like a mech's optical sensors, it's even worse.

Fact five; In a confined space, a mech was going to be terrible. Its size, even a relatively slim one, made maneuvering nearly impossible.

With the gap closed...

What would our dear friend do?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

As the ground approached, Glaive modified his structure to better withstand the impact. Giant metal "airbags" swelled up across his form, and he hit the ground with the sound of an aluminum can being crushed. The moment he was safe, he was back to his standard form, warily watching the Gem being handed back and forth. What could this one be?

IC: Mistress - Cove Tunnels (Tahtorak's Fist)

No breaches. The cape was airtight. But she could work with that. It was just as futile as holding one's breath, a tactic some had tried before. She gave him five minutes until he passed out, maybe a few more before he died if that cape did not come off.

And so she was on the defensive. As her opponent dove towards her with his strange knife, she slipped away close to the ground. The smoke whirled about him, leaving no clue as to where she had gone.

IC: Tomo

"Incomin-"

The VV crashed into the wall of the Pyramid, cutting clean through the stone.

As Tomo careened through the interior of the pyramid, she silently thought to herself about if this mech could actually take the damage of hitting several thick stone walls in succession. Then again, it was an Unstoppable object right now...

"Might be best to start hitting the brakes..."

Even though she was currently being carried by Unstoppable Force, Tomo applied the brake thrusters anyways, in preparation for when Aeila's power would be removed...

Breaking through the final wall, the VV sailed into the desert sun-

There! She could feel the VV beginning to slow down...

... And instead of simply braking, Tomo began to bank left, attempting to turn the VV around, feeling massive pressure on her body as she did so.

"Nnnnnngh...!"

IC(A.D.): A.D. rolled his eyes. "Do you think I would be standing here if I did? I would have gone down here, already found the Matoran, and dragged her body into the Commercial Sector so everyone could see that she was dead."

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin pointed to the blue dot that crashed through the pyramid. It swung around, back to the pyramid. "It's coming back around!" Kalatin yelled, grabbing the com. "I need eyes and projectiles aimed at target!"

GM IC: MEDICAL BASEMENT

Much to his surprise, A.D. would find that the blood was rather fresh - fresh enough that it had not all dried yet.

GM IC: DREISEN - MEDICAL BAY

Leaving Antiro and the dragon to their search, Dreisen led Vagust and Reezo back up the stairs at a hurried pace, pushing his way through the doorway at the top and past the medical staff rushing about.

Edited by Lucina

IC: [ Antiro ] - Medical Basement

I was about to make some witty commentary when I noticed the blood upon the dragon's claws.

Fresh, dripping blood.

"Whatever dragon magic you have," I finally said, pointing at its talons, "it's not being used to identify the age of blood stains."

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sesdec - Desert (Royal Blindside)

Sesdec used all of the Polyhydra's great speed in intercepting the projectile. Fortunately, it seemed to be slowing. And then... the great mass changed its direction. Could it have a rider? There was only one way to be certain: Sesdec watched its slow turn for a moment, and then the Polyhydra suddenly knifed out towards the flying construct with all of its mass. He did not expect to maintain his footing on the ground if the blade caught in armor.

OOC: Sesdec attacking Tomo.

IC:

“My life was never this exciting before I retired.”

Suddenly plucked from one world into another, one would think that such a phrase was unique to his situation. But it was not. As chaotic as his life before retirement had been, the former Lieutenant’s life had only grown more hectic after he quit. His allies, never understanding the meaning of the term “retired”, had continued to drag him onto mission after mission.

This sterile place of steel and hard angles, however, was very new. Nor was it one he could quite understand. He did, however, sense that he had stepped into a very, very dangerous place.

He kept this thought in mind as he stepped into the hall, searching for other people.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Langmuir - Elly Quest

Huh.

It was an odd feeling in her chest. The words of Elly drifted past her, rather than flowing into her. In her world, magically enchanted items could be dangerous and unpredictable. It was likely the same here.

For reasons she couldn't explain, she focused intently on the gem and then on, or rather at, Praggos.

...but close to it

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Cove, Tunnels | Tahtorak's Fist)

The mecha stopped firing when the floor tilted suddenly, making it stumble. Feli managed to keep the mecha from falling, but had to make it kneel in order to avoid the cavern ceiling from crushing it. One of the Toa was already approaching, the one with the red cape and a sword. Feli didn't see anything that would prove him to have any ability to damage a mecha and was uncertain of his element, although the enemy could still have a trick up its sleeve or, more fittingly, gauntlet. Why would he approach her so confidently if he didn't?

Having already drawn out the sword, she decided to use it to defeat the silver Toa. Both of the mecha's hands grasped its hilt and slashed at the enemy as soon as he was within striking distance. Aiming the strike at any specific body parts of such a small target was difficult, so she just swung the blade at it.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC - Praggos:

Feeling a relatively odd and somewhat uncomfortable sensation - as though some very lightly used portion of himself were being slowly shut down - Praggos turned to Langmuir, wondering whether or not it was her gem's doing, a quizzical expression on his face as he noticed that she was looking at him.

"Yes?"

profiles i guess

IC: Ajiseni (Enforcer Fun)

"Might-be recommend-ed," Aji cut in, trilling the words slightly. 

"After all, for all we know about these things, you could be turning his insides into a furnace. Or coal. Or frying his brain, siphoning his powers, sapping his will, or maybe something positive, but I think we can all assume that positive affects are only for the holders so it's probably bad."

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique, Strike B, Cove Tunnels, fighting Dajik and Feli)

The Onu-Toa rose to his feet, coughing once more, before glancing at Feli and Zangah. Taking the chance and glancing to the side to ensure Owethed hadn't been overtaken by the Smoke Toa, Zakaro created a dirt padding over the ceiling before releasing his grip on it, sending a rain of dusty earth over the Wraithknight's faceplate. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Nubbins made his first move since the body-switching incident and stepped forward, between Langmuir and Praggos with a clawed hand on his pistol. With a low rumble, he said, "Both of you, STAND DOWN. This is NOT PRODUCTIVE to our CONTINUED SURVIVAL."

IC: Mirror Fishers looked up from her nails, having polished them to a mirror shine, literally. She grinned at Maeus and hopped down, scurrying over to stand beside him and watch the security footage.

"Ooh, this is my favorite part of things!" she said with entirely too much glee.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Praggos:

"I wasn't even aware I was doing anything," Praggos replied to Nubbins, quite urbanely. "Regardless, if you think me an undesirable, you can at least ask the Enforcer here. She can vouch for me. Probably. She'll at least say I'm harmless, which I suppose would be good enough."

profiles i guess

IC: Urashimako

"I am Datsue. Or Ce-Turaga, if that term is more familiar to you. I was not tainted by the torque of your universe, for it does not exist in my own."

Urashimako had a rough idea of what this Toa was speaking of, but he couldn't recall the details. Must have been one of those universe where he didn't stay long.

IC Langmuir - Elly Quest

"The torque exists in the space between worlds, doesn't matter where you come from. I know a psyker when I see one."

Turning to Praggos, she replied curtly. "And yes, if deadly flora and fauna, rampant forces of evil and a land pockmarked by old and dangerous ruins interest you, then you'd find my world quite interesting."

...but close to it