BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Draco

"Karz!" He roared out in rage. Wait... "Dream? How could it be? Unless all of you are fragments of my imagination, but I doubt it. I only dream of those that I will crush, and those are usually ones that I have seen. I have never seen you two. Or him," he said, looking at the clerk.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE

"Any second now...." Maeus whispered, his eyes lighting up.

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen hurried through Engineering with Reezo (and hopefully Vagust) following behind. Spotting Vertak up ahead, he waved his hand in the air and called out, speeding up his pace.

GM IC: THE HOST - CONTROL ROOM

The Host frowned as the statistical displays for the arena glitched before his eyes.

"Hrrrm..." he muttered. "This is rather perplexing."

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly motioned to the others, as she began to make her way through the tunnel... And then, at long last, after an unusually long walk, they made it back into the halls of the facility, as Elly sighed. "Well that was eventful..." Elly muttered, and pulled the sword off her back. "I'm going to ask Dreisen if he knows what this thing is. You guys can come with me if you want."

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

Having nothing better to do, he decided to continue following the Enforcer. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arma Virique (Defense Team A - Tree)

Sko and Orm were still perched in a tree.

The Kra-entity swung his leg off the tree branch he was sitting on. "I spy something green."

Sko's mouth twitched, and altered his coloring to a brown matching the tree trunk.

Orm spat. "Cheater."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC - Praggos:

"I'll come with. It's more interesting than just sitting around eating."

IC - Vagust:

Vagust hurried along right behind Dreisen, sword in hand because he was still somewhat worried and didn't want to be without his weapon if it came down to fighting a mech platform.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Hello there! Welcome to Bionifight!

Why was he the only one in the world with any sort of naming sense? The 998th huge Spectacle Regalia-Tron!!?!? The Hungry Hungry Host's Tourneypalooza? The Inaugural Liara Shaddix Wet T-Shirt Contest?

Those were names.

Ah, Bionifight. Some of you will know what that word means - whether through word of mouth or via your own experiences. Some of you must wonder what exactly I am jibbering on about in this little letter. Or perhaps you are wondering why you were snatched out of your universe and reappeared inside a containment cube.

Or was it a tube? I can never remember.

He reached up, experimentally, to tap the screen of whatever it was that was delivering him this message; feeling a peculiar static fringe on his Protosteel fingertip, he blinked and poked it again. Bzzt. Huh. This was either the real deal, or Liara and Cael had teamed up to slip him something that sent him into catatonia. Only one of those involved Liara giving up on sleeping with him by choice. This left only one logical option.

Assured that this was real, he sat up and started to pay closer attention.

So! Bionifight - it is a legendary tournament that has been hosted many times over the past several thousand years. My team and I gather those we deem to be some of the greatest fighters from a variety of universes, plunk you all down in an arena together, and have you battle each other for weeks. At the end, the winner usually earns both eternal bragging rights and whatever mysterious treasure we discover at the location.

In the past, we have summoned a wide variety of species - everything from Matoran to Muaka to Skakdi… I do believe we even had a mutated Takea Shark once. The whole idea behind Bionifight was that a Matoran could theoretically take on a Makuta and beat them. Do take care to be SMART about who you decide to duel, however.

A familiar feeling, like live wires shooting energy into every inch of his body, crackled from his brain down to his limbs. His torso quickened; his ruined throat dried in anticipation. Fighting the Makuta? Memories of his duel with Heuani - the best fight of his life - burned in his mind at the very idea. He tried to suppress them as best he could, but being cooped up in a bed realizing that he had to spend the rest of his life speaking with his fingers had left him with the urge to break the necks of...well...anything with necks. The more necks the better.

So! While we think over our plans and figure out how we shall balance things properly in the future… we have decided to stick to our usual limits… which is to say that there are none. But please, do take care not to commit suicide through stupidity.

Once more, I say welcome! I dare say that I shall speak to most of you eventually. Take care to speak with the Queen, as she hates to be ignored - and do also take care not to do anything that might make a conversation with our Enforcer necessary.

He hated royalty. Bad memories there. As for Enforcers...well, he'd had about enough of them, too.

-The Host

Well, chap his . Someone, somewhere, wanted him back on his feet. What was he supposed to say to that?

Nothing at all, actually. 

Too soon.

The screen flickered and died to the same black it had been when he woke up in the chair, and quietly, Dorian began checking his reflection in the mirror - straightening his scarf once, twice, tightening it out of habit, and walked out to get a lay of the land.

OOC: BZPRPG best boy open for interaction

-Tyler
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU

"Now."

He typed in the command.

GM IC: DREISEN/REEZO - ENGINEERING

The only reason Dreisen survived was because of Reezo. As he ran towards Vertak, the Skakdi suddenly tackled him from behind, knocking him to the floor as the Mech beside them exploded, blasting them across the aisle. He watched as Vertak vanished into a portal of shadow, pulling Vagust to safety with him. Still in shock, Dreisen did not fight it as Reezo pulled him back to his feet, pushing him back towards the elevator.

Reezo was yelling something - something about moving? 

Screaming.

Fire.

Workers running, ducking for cover, flying through the air, lying eerily still. 

Hitting the floor. Stand back up. Run for exit. Reezo's hand on his shoulder.

Thrown to the side.

Reezo torn to shreds by pieces of Mech-

RE-DIRECT!

Throw a Mech away from Vertak and Vagust before they get blown up to-

Oh Mata-Nui... Reezo...

Keep moving.

Fire everywhere.

Hard to breathe.

Reezo...

Everything starting to burn, all of the Mechs being destroyed, systems hijacked-

Radio Host.

Force cubicle open. Activate communication link. Contact Host.

Rage.

Maeus.

• Upvote 5

IC: Gyro

After listening to the prerecorded introduction courtesy of the Host, Gyro had played it back a dozen times at high speed, analyzing it. His head rolled around on his shoulders as he performed a physical diagnostic. Nothing was found to be out of order.

>>analysis: Lots of fighting. Few consequences. No options besides fight or refuse. Refusal brought destruction.

>>conclusion: Participating in tournament only valid path.

The plates on Gyro's body adjusted, rippling in diagnostic rhythm. He walked out, getting his bearings. The map displayed had been copied into his memory, so he would be able to reference that. His protopolymer feet clicked along the ground as he walked. He could roll, but previous experience concluded it could be percieved as a hostile action. Also, organics were more comfortable speaking to another humanoid rather than a rolling sphere. There was another new fighter besides him. Visual analysis was that they were a Fe-Toa. Pink scarf filed for identification.

>>initiate smalltalk.exe

"Hello. I take it you are also new here?" The drone's synthesized voice was bland, but not cold. If anything, it was... chipper.

OOC: @Dorian

IC - Vagust:

One moment, Vagust, Dreisen, and Reezo were all jogging over to Vertak. The next moment, Reezo was tackling Dreisen, there was a loud noise in the air, and Vagust felt his stomach do a triple backflip when he was pulled along with Vertak into a portal of shadow to safety a little ways away. Thankfully, that would be far from the first time such a thing had happened to Vagust, and as such he had experience holding down the contents of his digestive system when that happened when he wasn't ready for it.

Then, moments later, Reezo was made little more than a mist of blood and various parts, one mech got sent flying away from Vertak and Vagust, and Vagust grabbed Vertak and ducked behind a large and thick piece of debris that would make an effective barricade. He watched Dreisen running away, and then turned, before blasting a large piece of metal flying towards him with lightning. The amount of energy suddenly blasted into it made it magnetic enough to draw another piece of metal on into it, altering both its trajectory and the mass of the now-collective metallic object enough that it lost momentum even more quickly and flew off to the side, harmlessly hitting the far side of Vagust and Vertak's barricade.

"Think you can get us into Dreisen's office?" Vagust yelled at Vertak, to make sure he was heard over the general cacaphony in the Engineering sector.

profiles i guess

IC: The Wyrm - Commercial Sector.

"You look lost," he noted, taking a bite from an apple as he approached Sharky. "You new here?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I'm going to assume this is taking place in the residential district.

IC: Gyro

One of Gyro's plate-antennae raised itself for a moment, then lowered. He looked off at the various apartments for fighters.

"They have at least provided us with residence for our time here. I believe I was given one of the smaller ones, though they were generous enough to give me a maintenance dock."

There was another silent moment. Gyro's social algorithms indicated that he should prompt the other to speak. He extended a hand.

"This unit's name is Gyro. What is yours?"

Edited by Necrocybermancer

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly frowned, as she thought she heard odd noises coming from below them, but didn't pay them any mind. Elly carried the sword on her back. It could cut through metal, but not through flesh... What kinda sword was that? Elly nodded absentmindedly at Langmuir, lost in thought as she headed toward where he entrance to Engineering was...

IC(Ganesh): The Vortixx finished his grisly job, only to hear an out-of-beat thrumming and clacking. That could only be one thing - machines that were out of whack. It looked like they definitely needed him here. 

Without skipping much of a beat, he headed in the direction of the noise. 

OOC: Ganesh headed to Engineering. 

GM IC: THE HOST

The communications link to Engineering crackled to life, the panicked shout of Dreisen coming through and causing the Host to lurch to his feet in both surprise and fear.

“Host! Engineering down! Systems hijacked… end the War Games! Get everyone o-”

Before Dreisen could finished, the connection cut out.

But that should be impossible, the Host thought to himself, frowning. Blocking communication between two systems would mean that….

Wait.

Cold horror flooded through the Host’s limbs as he slowly turned back towards the screens that all monitored the Arena. The screens that had shown Special Weapons flickering out of existence before they could appear. The screens that had, just recently, all flickered and glitched.

The screens that did not show him the rest of the facility.

“J-just a glitch, it’s j-just a g-glitch,” the Host stammered to himself, rushing forward and tapping in several commands, switching several of the camera views from the Arena to the other sectors.

The Medical Bay and Commercial Sector were both littered with bodies. Smoke and fire obscured his view of Engineering.

A grinning Maeus fo Kuru and a Glatorian stared at him through the camera in the former’s office. Realization slowly began to dawn on the Host as he involuntarily took a step back, flinching as the communication link crackled to life once more, and onscreen Maeus leaned down to speak into the mic on his desk.

“Hello, my dear Host,” the Skakdi said, sounding falsely cheerful. “I am afraid that I am going to need you to vacate the Control Room for a few minutes. You see… something beautiful is about to happen, and you’ve been granted a front row seat.”

Before the Host could react, he felt the tell-tale signs of teleportation; one that he quickly found out that he could not control. The Control Room blinked out of existence and then, just as quickly, the Host found himself collapsing to his knees in the middle of the arena, the Special Weapon flickering out of existence beside him.

No no no no no no no NO NO NO NO-

The specialized arena configuration created for the War Games blinked out of existence as the Arena returned to its default state, immediately teleporting all of the participating fighters into a large group behind the Host, who slowly stood to his feet. All around him, the other fighters and staff of the facility were being teleported into the Arena; Elly (or the Enforcer, as she was more commonly known), Dreisen, and Dreisen’s friend Vertak all appeared right next to the Host.

They stood in dumbfounded silence, waiting for what was to come next.

• Upvote 1

GM IC: HERALD OF DEATH/MAEUS FO KURU

The Herald of Death stood, grinning down at the shocked crowd milling in the arena below him. Behind him, Maeus had both the Vo-Matoran Elittra, and the glatorian Anna at needlesaw point, keeping them both quiet as Herald examined the controls before him. Empty blue eyes scanned the controls as long-fingered hands danced over buttons and switches, tapping screens until-there.

Below, in the arena, screens flickered to life, showing the inside of the control room as Herald stepped into the center of the frame. The camera swung up to focus on his face, finding only emotionless, flat eyes and the barest hint of a cruel, silvery grin before zooming back out to reveal him holding Elittra up on her feet. Without a hint of genuine care behind it, he said, “Tell them your name, Darling.”

“E-Elittra.”

“Good. Now, do you know what happens next?”

“Wh-what?” The Vo-Matoran looked up to the glatorian in terror, meeting his emotionless gaze with wide, horrified eyes. The Herald leaned in close, the mesh of his mask brushing against her ear.

“I’m going to free you, Elittra. You will no longer be imprisoned in this vessel, subject to the pain and miseries of this world.” A hand came down and lightly caressed her cheek, long fingers trailing down her mask as the eyes glanced back to the camera. The herald stood straight again and gently picked Elittra up, holding her up at his level. “Doesn’t that sound nice?”

“Let me down!” She cried, trying to kick against him. The herald merely laughed in reply, a cold, harsh laugh that chilled the very bones of every being present. Slowly, his hand came up again, placing a finger against her lips as she spat curses at him, silencing her. The finger trailed down her chin, onto her throat, resting lightly there. The tip seemed to blur, changing to a silvery, glinting sheen before slowly trailing across her throat. Elittra whimpered in pain as the bladed finger tip cut through her skin, causing blood to well up from the new cut.

The herald’s finger came to a stop, resting on her jugular vein. Turning his face to hers, the glatorian said, “Now, Elittra, I want you to know something. This is going to hurt me just as much as it will you.”

“Go to Karzahni, you Makuta spa-” Elittra cursed, only to have it cut short as the Herald’s finger seemed to rush into the cut, turning her insult into a strangled, painful noise. A silvery sheen began to work its way down her throat, tracing the lines of her jugular until it split. She gagged in horror as she felt something invading every inch of her body, only for the Herald to quietly shush her.

“Do you feel that, Elittra? That surge of sensation in your body? You are feeling the gift of freedom from yours truly,” he murmured, leaning his head against hers as the silver continued to spread, tinting her visible organic components a sick, metallic shade. Try as she might to squirm away, the Glatorian’s grip was like a vise, unyielding and immobile. She could only whimper as she felt what had to be him invading her body, filling every inch of vein and artery with slick, gleaming metal. She tried to speak, only for the veins in her jaw and head (Oh Mata Nui, had he already gotten that far?) to hold her still. Her eyes flicked back and forth as panic flooded her mind, trying to find something, anything she could do to esca-

Elittra went limp, then promptly stiffened again as the Herald of Death’s tendrils of metal filled her veins completely, leaving her body filled by him. With a laugh, the Herald seemed to shimmer, shrink, and flow into the finger held against Elittra’s throat before disappearing entirely, leaving only a rigid matoran body in frame. Slowly, mechanically, the corpse turned to face Anna, being held in place by a grinning Maeus. Elittra’s body began to move towards the hyperventilating glatorian, eyes dead and covered by a silvery sheen, liquid metal slowly oozing from the incision in her neck. Elittra’s body stopped before the glatorian and made a motion to Maeus. The mad doctor pushed Anna down to her knees, where Elittra’s body ran a hand down the Glatorian’s face. Without warning, the hand was shredded as the metal filling it sharpened and snapped out of it, before forming into a knife’s edge, protruding from the matoran’s now stump wrist.

Elittra’s voice creaked out from her sealed lips, trying to make a shushing sound that only served to push Anna further, drawing tears of pure fear forth as the glimmering blade slowly slid forward. Then, without warning, it shot forwards, and drew a cry of pain from Anna as it neatly removed the tip of one finger, sending it spiraling to the floor. Without even waiting, Elittra’s body swung again, severing another finger at the base this time. The Glatorian cried out again, whimpering as she slumped in Maeus’ grip.

Elittra’s body attempted to shush Anna again before the blade scythed much lower, cleanly removing a foot from the Glatorian. Her anguished cry turned into a low wail as the body didn’t even wait to reach up and attack the non-mutilated arm, cutting it off roughly halfway between the wrist and elbow. Then, the blade sliced down, removing the Glatorian’s still unharmed legs at the knee, leaving Maeus to hold her up by her shoulders.

At this point, Anna was beyond making any noises beyond her pained sobbing, even as the body of Elittra reached up and carved off the remaining limbs, or what was left of them. Elittra’s remaining hand gently pulled Anna’s face up to meet hers, cracking out some sort of pained attempt at a soothing word before the knife came up once more, sliding forward slowly, agonizingly, to rest itself just on top of the Glatorian’s lower set of teeth. Without warning it carved left, then right, cutting the jaw free, before shooting forward, severing the Glatorian’s head at the top of the neck. anna groaned out a last death rattle, then went limp as Elittra’s body removed the blade and turned back, face twisted into a cruel approximation of a grin. Slowly, the face shattered, then tore apart as the liquid metal behind it tore itself from the veins it had been residing in, rendering Elittra’s body into a million tiny pieces as the Herald of Death reformed, light glinting off his pauldrons and armor as he brushed off a few remaining flecks of blood.

Below, in the arena, the fighters would see as the shapeshifter strode forward and knelt, face directly in the camera and still, somehow, hidden but for the eyes. His voice said, calmly, “Welcome, my friends. Your freedom will come in time.”

“Enjoy the fall.”

• Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: LANDFALL

The facility shuddered all around them; the Host turned towards Dreisen with a look of shock and horror on his face, prompting the Toa to scowl back as he fought to maintain his balance next to the Ba-Matoran Vertak.

“What?!” Dreisen snapped.

“The facility is teleporting,” the Host said, sounding confused. “But… it shouldn’t be possible!”

“They’ve hijacked everything, Host,” Dreisen snarled. “Don’t sound so surprised - fix it!”

With a frown, the Host closed his eyes and concentrated, teleporting out of the arena and into the now-empty Control Room… or rather, almost empty. He ignored the corpses of the two dead fighters as he hurried to the controls, wondering why everything was starting to feel so… floaty. The Host frantically typed in the commands, running diagnostics on every system as well as their current location.

“Oh, no,” he murmured, reaching over and setting up a communication link with Dreisen. “Host to Dreisen.”

“What is it?”

“They’ve messed with the systems, teleported us into the sky,” the Host responded, sounding frantic. “We’re going down.”

---

The facility dropped out of the sky, burning up in the atmosphere as it did so. In its heart, the Host scrambled around the Control Room alongside both Dreisen and Vertak, the three of them desperately trying to keep the primary systems online.

“Host, we have seconds,” Dreisen spat. “This facility hits the ground, and we all die.”

“Give me ten seconds,” the Host snapped back.

If he could activate the teleportation system on everyone left in the facility with a brief time delay on the re-entry… it would almost certainly render the teleportation system useless for the forseeable future. They would have no easy way of escaping whatever hellish landscape Maeus and his compatriot had dropped them into.

It was better than being dead, however.

“Five seconds!” Vertak yelled.

Now.

Every living being in the facility - both staff and fighter - vanished as the facility impacted into the ground.

A massive cloud of dust and debris immediately obscured the view of anyone that might have seen the crash. Although no outside would know it, those who were familiar with the facility would have realized that the Comfort Sector and Commercial Sector were gone entirely, and much of what was left had taken massive damage. The ruins of the Arena itself spilled out onto a dirty field, as tendrils of shadows began to stretch from beyond the ruins, crawling over them ever so slowly….

When the staff and fighters reappeared amongst what used to be the Arena, the sight they saw was not pretty.

END OF SEASON ONE

• Upvote 6

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: ELLY/HOST/DREISEN

As the dust settled over the arena, Elly forced herself to her feet. The sword she dubbed the Monoto was in her hands quickly, but no enemies seemed to be present. Groaning, she looked around with a frown, and noticed the arena was in ruins. She looked up and could see the sky; which was quickly getting overcome by a shadowy fog.

What is that…? Elly thought, as she frowned, and looked around. “Host, Dreisen! We need to do something; I have a bad feeling about that fog.” Elly said, as she shuddered slightly at the look of it. She glanced over the fighters who were still struggling to get to their feet. The Host frowned as he looked over the ruins of the arena, slowly picking himself up off the floor. Dreisen shot a look of disgust toward Elly and the Host, as if it were all their fault.

“What the - this is idiotic! ####!” Dreisen growled as he stood up, and began to glare at the fog, as if that would help. “This is your fault; if you hadn’t continued this stupid ####### tournament, none of this would have happened!”

Dreisen continued to glower at the other two; Elly shot a look at him, as she tried to help move some of the injured fighters closer to the side of the arena that looked more intact to the rest of the facility.

“Now’s not the time, Dreisen. I highly doubt that they would have just left everything alone if we hadn’t been running the tournament. They had a plan, and obviously were wanting to carry it out…” Elly frowned, as she looked around. “But why? Why us?” Elly growled, as she kicked a stone on the way back to the rest of the fighters. As she picked up another of the fighters, she heard a sort of laughter from the Host.

“Isn’t it… obvious?” The Host asked enigmatically, and darkly chuckled to himself. “I… should have seen it coming sooner, admittedly.”

Dreisen and Elly both turned to him at that moment, wondering what he was talking about, as they watched the Host stare back with a knowing smile.

“It is because of the fighters. Hundreds of people drawn to one spot? It’s a perfect place for whatever they’re planning.” The Host seemed blissfully unaware of Dreisen’s growl, as he paced around, a hand on his chin. “The question is… what  would they need so many fighters for? What is their plan? What could be worth damaging the facility and bringing everyone… wherever we are?” The Host mused it over, and then frowned, as he looked over at the fog. “Some better questions are… what is that fog? And where exactly are we?”

Dreisen suddenly paused in what he was doing as he looked up and looked around frantically.

“No, wait a minute,” he said loudly, a horrified look on his face. The dual elemental Toa shook his head, his panic increasing as he scanned over the fighters for the tenth time. “Where’s Vertak? He’s not here. Why is he not here?!”

The Head of Engineering shook his head, rubbing at his eyes with the hand that wasn’t clutching his wrench.

“First Reezo’s blown to pieces and now Vertak is missing….”

Elly frowned, as she looked around the open area at Dreisen’s prompt. The fighters were all here, in various states of damage… but Vertak was nowhere to be seen. What happened to him…? Elly wondered, as her frown deepened. She shook her head. That was something to worry about after they evacuated the arena. The fog was still worrying her… and she didn’t want to find out personally what it did.

She turned to the panicked Dreisen and shellshocked Host, and sighed.

“Come on,” she ordered. “Let’s get everyone to safety - that fog doesn’t look very pleasant.”

• Upvote 2

TWO WEEKS LATER

GM IC: THE HOST

The Host sat down at his desk with a sigh.

Somehow, some of the facility systems had remained functional enough to keep the building together - although it was still a hollow shell of its former majestic self. The Engineering, Knowledge, and Training Sectors all remained, as well as his new office - the Control Room.

The ruins of the Arena had been declared off-limits due to the shadowy fog that covered them; explorations had determined that the fog sapped the life out of anyone who entered, and it could not be controlled or removed in any capacity.

A brief scuffle with some of the island’s residents had revealed that the island was known as “Saarella Kirottu”, and was home to a Cult that called itself “Vapautti Sielu”. They were divided into five areas, each of them surrounding the Bionifight Facility. The Wailing Cliffs, the Spine, the Wilted Forest, the City of Fear, and… the Fields of Death, obscured entirely by the shadowy fog.

For now, that last one could not be entered. The Host suspected that somewhere within also lay the key to leaving this place.

Over the past two weeks, the fighters had been brought up to speed regarding recent events. Elly had emerged as something of a leader for them; the Host had been busy overseeing the staff in Engineering, as Dreisen was still (rather immaturely, the Host felt) mourning over his worker Reezo, as well as the Ba-Matoran Vertak, who was still MIA.

Something else weighed on the Host’s mind, however.

His vast collection of Infinite Gems was gone.

Every.

Single.

One of them.

Welcome to….

gallery_96949_301_22544.jpg

OOC: This is the two week timeskip! Make sure to read the first post of the RPG to catch up on what has occurred; the first post also contains all of the information that the Fighters (that’s all of you!) know so far.

Edited by Decapixaetion
  • Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Draco

Draco twiddled his thumbs in the Knowledge Sector of the damaged facility. He was dumbfounded. How.... How? He had just arrived, and now, this place he had been in crashed. It was still livable, of course, but... He sighed. He just hated this place so much now.

OOC: open for interaction.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC(A.D.): The sudden transportation into the Arena caught the dragon off guard. He was this close to figuring out the mystery of fishers' death, and he ground his claws in disgust. He was right about Maeus. I was right about Maeus. His eyes closed in grief. Then he opened them. 

He knew that he would no longer be a laughingstock. He was back to fighting evil villains. His home job. His life. 

IC(Kalatin): How did we not realize this sooner? Kalatin thought, as the face of fishers melted into other faces. Was fishers in cahoots with the Doctor all along? He asked this question to A.D. 

No, A.D. thought back. fishers is dead. Whatever that thing is, it isn't fishers. 

IC(Ismekne): The Ga-Toa simply looked on in amazement. The game had changed severely. There were more forces in play than she had originally anticipated. How hard would it be to defeat these new enemies? What challenges would they present?

IC(Ganesh): Okay, this is definitely the weirdest day of my life. Ever. 

IC - Vagust:

Vagust breathed a sigh of relief upon landing with Vertak in Dreisen's office, now that he didn't have to worry about randomly being impaled by shards of mech platforms or the like. He was just about to ask if Dreisen had any idea what was going on, when --

-- He suddenly found himself in the arena, forced to watch the macabre sight of two fellow fighters being killed in quite a gory way. He immediately began pushing through the throng of bodies surrounding him, trying to make his way up to Dreisen, Vertak, and the Host. "Dreisen!" he called out, worrying now more than he had been before. "Dreisen, Vertak, Host, what in bloody Karzahni is going o--" The facility in its entirety lurched, his stomach slowly clawing its way up to his throat. Then the Host teleported away, right as Vagust grabbed Dreisen and Vertak by their shoulders.

"Do either of you have any idea why I'm feeling a distinct lack of gravity all of a sudden?" he growled out, before he winked out of existence again for another moment. And then back in, with a significant headache and a very powerful feeling of dread. He grabbed his sword, and started trying to find his way out of the area and to somebody he knew.

---

Two weeks later and he still had absolutely no idea what was going on. He did know one thing, though - nothing was the way it was and he was quite unlikely to make it back home any time soon. His mech - apparently very rapidly constructed - survived the crash, and he was keeping it in the ruins of the Engineering sector for now. Currently, his mission was to find Dreisen and finally take some time to talk to the man. So now - braving the thinnest areas of the deathly fog in the Arena - he was just coming up on the man.

"Care to speak to somebody, Dreisen?" Vagust asked, his tone gentle. His sword was sheathed on his back, kept as far out of the way of his movement as possible, as he carefully made his way to the other Toa. "Because with the way things are, if you're willing to talk and come back, we could use you. Just about every able body is needed around nowadays."

IC - Praggos:

Praggos's worries about the Engineering sector were quite quickly replaced when he found himself in the arena. He was standing just a little ways behind Elly, watching as all the other fighters poured into the arena...and the facility's doctor felt it necessary to bring out a friend and make a special announcement. Pursing his lips at the gruesome display, he remained silent for now, taking in every detail he could, before the facility was sent on a trajectory towards the ground. One more annoying teleportation later, and Praggos was left with a large group of fighters, some staff, and quite quickly realized he was one of the very last, select few beings there who could actually be called a Doctor.

As the weeks passed, he stayed around, helping as much as he could, and generally sticking near Elly. That was what had worked for him so far, and he wasn't going to change it. After one day of work, he went up to Elly - now basically the leader of the group of fighters - with a quizzical expression on his face.

"So, Elly. Are you planning on trying to organize any sojourns into the surrounding territory?" Praggos asked, pursing his lips. "Seems like the only way to start trying to get any more supplies or find our way off this island."

IC - Ilyin:

What in the bloody...

I want to go home. I don't want to be on some crazy rock full of insane cultists, gibbering on about their random gods. I want to be home, in my own universe, fighting Makuta like I'm supposed to. Instead, here I am, sharpening my axe, getting ready to fend off anybody who might try to attack us and getting ready also to go out and explore if I'm ever able to.

Mata Nui, I hope I don't see anything like what happened to those two girls...

IC - Aclaraung:

Aclaraung stalked about the remains of the Bionifight facility, watchful for any threats that might try to find them from the island around. He wasn't aware of where one of the few other beings with the same capabilities as a watcher - A.D. - currently was, but it was no matter. Aclaraung trusted that A.D. would soon enough come out and aid him, if only out of boredom. Though Aclaraung hoped that soon he'd get an opportunity to go out and search for answers throughout the island. He wanted to sink his teeth into the flesh of some foolish, unthinking cultist, whenever he would have the chance to do so.

IC - Llun Yvere:

Llun sat alone in the Knowledge Sector, pondering the events that had happened recently. This was an entirely unknown development, and while his goals and those of the cultists did not fully coincide, they seemed far more similar than were the goals of the other fighters with Llun's goals. And while he did not know much of these cultists yet, he could learn.

Whether or not he would ally himself with them would remain to be seen.

IC - Seven:

Seven had, regretfully, been unable to participate in the last round. But that was entirely trivial compared to the new and exciting possibilities that awaited him. He had had a good meal, when the first fight with the Cultists happened...it was the first time he'd gotten to truly eat manflesh, since coming to the facility. And while he had eaten away from the others, where they wouldn't see him, for once he wasn't afraid of any retaliation from them. They would begin to take any help they could get, no matter how odd.

Seven foresaw many a grand meal in his future.

IC - Iesua:

Iesua had fainted the moment he watched Anna and Elittra die, and as such wasn't privy to the pandemonium that occurred soon afterwards. In fact, he didn't awaken until after a makeshift camp had been set up, and soon after that there was an attack by cultists. He had remained locked in out of the way, although some cultists were felled by his arrows when he saw some small opportunity he had to help. Now he was bothering himself with helping what of the staff remained make food for the others in the camp to eat.

IC - Yuri:

Yuri was hungry.

Don't get him wrong; Yuri was angry, too, angrier than anybody in his species had ever been. It was a brand new record. The snail had become something of a recluse for the first two weeks after the facility crashed, the most anybody heard from him being loud yelling when scuffling with cultists. Now, though, the Ironshelled snail was slowly making his way around the camp, searching for some of the few beings he actually knew, a petulant and meek tone in his voice.

"Ten, General Noroi, Langmuir, anybody from the army, where are you of being~~?"

profiles i guess

IC: Falcon – Knowledge Sector.

I liked it here. It’s quiet, and one of the few places in this semi-destroyed facility where I can sit and be alone with my thoughts.

Two weeks…. I couldn’t believe it. My first day in the facility, and someone had hijacked it. And now here I was, trapped on some hellish island occupied by a murderous death cult. 

Vyne chirped nervously, nestling up against my side. “It’s okay, girl,” I tried to sound reassuring, “We’ll get out of this…”

I hope…. 

IC: The Wyrm – Wilted Forest.

He loitered near the edge of the bog, perched in a half-dead tree and gazing out across the marshy landscape. Despite its despondent appearance, it actually did remind him a little bit of home, and that just made this whole situation all the worse…

IC: The Puppetmaster – The Spine.

The Great Being sat alone on a ledge partway up one of the mountains, looking down at the path below. He’d fled the facility as soon as it had gone down – the organisers probably thought he was dead, which suited his purposes just fine. His mech was stowed safely away inside a cave he’d found – the entrance now hidden behind an illusion – which had been his temporary home this past fortnight. 

He’d seen very few beings using the paths, and most of them were just more of those sadistic cultists. He cared little for the cult of their so-called gods. What he cared about was the astounding level of technology they had access to.

When he’d first arrived at the tournament, he’d thought their interdimensional teleportation technology was the most sophisticated thing he’d ever encounter. Yet it had taken only two cultists to wrest control of the entire facility and bring it crashing to the ground. These were beings at a level of power he’d never dreamed to be possible.

And he wanted to meet them.

IC: Alisa Dare – Medbay.

She stepped away from the dying being with a sad expression on her face, Absence energy still flickering on her fingertips. 

With half of the medical staff killed even before the facility had crashed, the medbay was in a sorry state. She’d offered her limited knowledge and skills to help those that remained in aiding the many who’d been injured in the initial crash, and those who arrived later as well. Her medical knowledge was average at best, but her Absence had proven incredibly useful in replacing the medbay’s rapidly-dwindling supply of anaesthetic. 

Even if she couldn’t help save the dying, she could at least take away their pain…

IC: Snarl – Arena Ruins.

The Energy Hound’s corpse had been lying there for a fortnight now, skewered by a ragged chunk of rubble. For the first few days, it had stunk something terrible. Now it was just a withered, desiccated bag of bones and metal, waiting for someone to dig it up…  

Edited by Locus

IC Langmuir

The events from two weeks earlier had been playing themselves over and over in my head. I pushed myself out of bed, unable to fall back asleep.

In all my years, I never would've expected to be thrust into something like... Like this. It was absurd and sickening. I felt a whole host of emotions. Confusion, fear, disbelief. But anger, anger most of all. My hands clinched at the memory of the execution these so called Heralds had broadcast. It was a cold fury now, the heat and nausea had faded over the first few days. A raging combustion that had burnt hot and uncontrollable, just as likely to destroy the engine as it was to fuel it had been brought under control.

It was an anger I hadn't felt for years. As much as I hated to admit it, I had lost hope in my world. Hidden away from it's problems and concerned myself with survival. What was the plight of people I couldn't see or hear? Seeing and hearing it had brought the anger back to life, righteous anger. I would see these people driven to the ground and destroyed.

No.

Destroy was an impersonal term, an abstract that skirted the reality.

I would kill these people. If they were heralds of some sick god, I'd see their gods killed just the same as them. I had seen the powers wielded here first hand. Amazing psychic prowess, powers over force and inertia itself, strange powers that acted on concepts like defense and items imbued with powers far stronger than any I had seen back home. It wasn't a matter of if we had the tools, it was a matter of gathering them. Shaping and strengthening them to the utmost precision. That was something I could do. If this body was made of swords, it was only fitting to see it wielded for a meaningful cause once more.

The distant 'voice' of Yuri brought me out of my contemplations.

"I'm in the Library. Not sure about any of the others. Last I saw of Noroi, she was with Elly."

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Tarsus The Inquisitor - Training Sector

Taking a break from his current workout, Tarsus took a seat on the floor nearby Executioner, giving his muscles a little time to rest as he mentally prepared himself for the next set of exercises.

It wasn't like he had anything better to do; the likelihood of anyone requiring his aid was slim anyway, especially since he was completely reliant on his weapon of choice in combat. Considering that his body was literally becoming a ticking time-bomb though, slowly counting down towards its own preordained destruction, this was probably for the best.

At least he'd go out doing something he liked.

IC: Amorigiahna - Medical Bay

Since the Arena had been completely destroyed on impact and what had remained of the ruined facility was mostly closed off from the rest of the island, those seeking out Amorigiahna would have to look no further than the Medical Bay, where she was laying on a cot nearby the room's entrance due to the fact that she had gone the past two weeks without any elemental energy of any kind. Besides occasionally mumbling incoherently in her sleep, she mostly remained silent, lacking even the most minute amount of strength required to move her own body.

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Knowledge Sector

Ravyn stirred in his sleep, slightly disturbing the book positioned over his face as he tried to make himself more comfortable over in his own little corner of the Knowledge Sector, cradling one of the last few remaining bottles of hard liquor that he had managed to salvage from the now non-existent Commercial Sector in his arms as he did so.

It wasn't his problem that the organisers of this tournament were complete and utter Karz-Heads for not planning ahead for situations like this, and as far as he was concerned, they could have fun cleaning up their own little mess all by themselves.

And no amount of money in the world was going to convince him otherwise.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Terry Terrix – Engineering Sector.

Cradling one of the last beers in existence in his hand, Terry hunkered down in the cockpit of his mech, making a few adjustments to the interior. 

“Two weeks of sittin’ on me arse not doin’ anythin’ productive,” he muttered as he worked, “and we’re runnin’ out of beer…” 

IC: Dekako – Wailing Cliffs.

We walk among the graves and mausoleums, wondering who these people were, and how they wound up here, buried in this dead dirt to rot, and be forgotten.

It was all too similar to the way we’d been left to float in the void… 

IC: Miril – Training Sector. 

“At least we’re still alive,” I said optimistically, as I parried the oncoming sword stroke and spun away from my other self, putting some distance between us. 

“True,” she replied, beginning to strafe to the left, sword held at the ready. “But what about everyone else who isn’t?”

“I know, I know….” I wasn’t sure what to feel. Sure, I hadn’t had a choice in being brought to the tournament – none of us hand – but joining Bionifight had been one of my dreams while growing up. 

But now that it had come true… “Not all it’s cracked up to be?” the other me mused.

“Nothing ever is…” I sighed. 

IC: Dayeth – City of Fear.

The Dark Toa strode purposefully through the destroyed city, doing her best to ignore the paranoid feeling of being watched. She reached the castle in the centre and knocked on the door. “Your cult seems fixated with death,” she was confident that someone would be listening, “I want in.” 

IC: Xara – Control Room.

“I just!” The sword buried itself in the dummy… “Want!” I gave it a twist and ripped it free… “To go!” My second sword hacked into the same place the first had… “Home!” The dummy’s severed head fell heavily to the floor.

I’d been kidnapped for this tournament, but now it seemed the tournament itself had been kidnapped as well. We’d been stuck on this karz-cursed island for two weeks now, at the mercy of the insane death cultists who lived there. 

I sheathed my blades and stormed out of the training sector, making my way to the control room and hammering on the door. “Host! You in there?” 

IC: [Olari, Arena Ruins]

Pointless.

Olari was floating outside of the fog's swirling depths, reaching out through the blackness with bands of magnetic force until she managed to find something ferrous enough and loose enough that she could pull it back into the clear. Some bit of flooring, perhaps, or maybe a panel of wall.

Pointless.

She started reshaping the chunk into a long slender pole. Similar to the ones she carried on her back, only lengthier, thicker. Twisted and folded by elemental power, it quickly started warping into the shape she desired. Magnetism, better than any blacksmith's forge.

Pointless.

Well, the pole certainly wasn't. Not any more. As a finishing touch, she scrunched the tip of it into a viciously sharp blade. A spike that gleamed so much you could have imagined it cutting the light itself. and then she let it go, floating off to join the dozens of others she'd been constructing over the last two weeks. Powered by her will, it drove itself into the ground of what used to be the arena.

Pointless.

It had started as a fence. What she was doing. It had started as a fence. Who knew what might come out of that mist? Needed to be prepared. So she'd made a fence, and then just kept going. She was slowly filling up the arena floor. What used to be the arena floor. It was going to be a punji pit by the time she was done with it.

Pointlesspointlesspointlesspointlesspointless!

The latest addition to her project went flying as her temper flared and she lost control. Gah! This was all so Spirit-forsaken pointless! She had been pulled from a world where she was a hero to many, a defender of freedom, a saviour, a champion, a true example of what a Toa was and could be!

And then they'd pulled her out of it. To make fake wars upon other displaced warriors. To dance around like a puppet on strings. To accomplish nothing, to achieve nothing, to succeed at nothing. But she'd managed to bear it. Managed to...tolerate it. Thought maybe she could make it work, find a way home.

And now...this. Now she was trapped in an arena that was itself trapped on some death-cult island! How had things gotten worse! How! She growled to herself as she fished about in the fog for the pole she'd cast aside, drawing it through the air back to herself. She lodged in the ground properly this time, though with more of a thud than necessary. Anger still simmered her from within, she knew she could work properly like this. She started floating off to the training sector. Time to vent...

IC: [Jorth, Wilted Forest]

The Toa of flesh quietly hummed to himself as he strolled through the decayed lands of the Wilted Forest, where they were closest to the crashed arena. Well, as his squid-coat strolled through them anyway. He was using its tentacles to keep himself suspended off any toxic puddles, as they stretched out to prop him off the bog or grab hold of stronger tree branches. With them reaching out and around him, grabbing at any decently surface, he looked like a big, black cobweb off on its morning walk. 

He had come for more than just the scenery though. The forest was made of wood, and wood was a useful resource given the increasing scarcity of every other resource in what remained of the Bionifight facility. Heatstones running low? Here's wood for fire. No metal to build shelters? Here's wood to make stuff. Not particularly good stuff. But stuff. Some of the contestants could even eat the wood. Good for them. 

With his arms full of twigs and branches, Jorth issued a mental command to his coat. It turned and started heading back to the arena, to where the forest met the training sector

IC: [Venga, the Spine]

Flying high, his adaption powers had kicked in to alter his colours slightly. Not as good a job as what a chameleon Rahkshi could accomplish, but enough so that he wasn't an obvious black-and-purple target against the sky. And as he flew, he sketched, doodling pathways and passes onto an arm. 

Though more mechanically minded people were attempting to fix the arena and get them out of there, it was entirely possible that they couldn't. Or would run into some problem. And Venga liked to be prepared for such eventualities. Maybe they'd need to retreat into the mountains. Maybe they'd need to raid the prisons there and grab some extra manpower. You'd need to know what you were doing and where you were going. So he was making a map. 

With the plating of his arm full of his latest scribblings, Venga turned away. He had a Toa on hand to make paper for him back at the facility, he'd begin adding to his map of the area

IC: [skrall, City of Fear]

Skrall's allegiance was always to those with the highest level of power. In Bionifight that had always been the Host and the Queen. But the Host had proved incompetent and ineffectual, a child playing with toys. And the Queen had not been seen for a long time. Skrall strongly believed she had been assassinated, taken out of play early on by those he looked to as the new power players.
This was why he was now walking through the City of Fear, making his way to Castle fo Kuru, to give his services to those he believed to be the strongest. Technically he believed this "Herald of Death" to be the real leader, but as his realm was more or less inaccessible, he would settle for Kuru. It was the two of them who had so elegantly demonstrated that the Host was a fool after all. If one could not be reached, the other would do.
He did not expect to see others there. Upon spotting Dayeth, he held up his weapons warily, approaching her and the castle with shield high and sword at the ready

IC: [Tuyetkhamun, Knowledge Sector]

Over the past two weeks, Tuyetkhamun had built herself a castle. Well, she called it a castle. It was a tent. She'd been raiding the Knowledge Sector of books no-one else seemed to want, ripping out their pages and affixing them together into a sort of patchwork canvas.
Then she'd turn the paper to metal.
And a screen of pages suddenly became a wall of metal scales. She'd made a few of them, and was attempting to barricade certain areas of the Knowledge Sector off into her own personal demesne, where she kept trying to lure anyone passing by into joining her. If everyone else around here was going to have a kingdom and a cult then by all the powers of her ancestors so would she!

IC: [Turbo Vixen, Wailing Cliff]

It felt so good to finally be able to drive again! Like, really drive. Get a proper speed going. Bionifight always felt so...constraining. So many tight corridors, so many people around, always feeling like she had to slow up to avoid smashing anyone.
But here? All she had to watch out for were headstones. And they were easy to avoid because they didn't insist on moving all the time. The landscape was flat enough (just make sure to avoid the cliffs) that she could just power along without a care, and the stories about ghosts and the rising dead didn't trouble her. She'd never even heard of ghosts before this place, so she didn't intend to start believing in them. And if they turned out to be real? Well, she'd like to see them keep up with her! 
The howling winds were drowned out by the sound of her revving, the growls from her joints and tyres filling the air with defiance as she powered across the landscape

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Dayeth - City of Fear.

Hearing footsteps from behind, Dayeth whirled, half expecting some kind of nightmarish monstrosity to come thundering towards her. What she saw instead was someone she recognised to be another contestant from the facility. "Great minds think alike?" she asked, hoping the newcomer was here for the same reason she was. 

IC: Dayeth - City of Fear.

"Precisely," she nodded, "it only took two of these cultists to bring down the entire facility. Clearly, they are the more powerful." 

IC: Dartakh (Knowledge Sector)

Ravyn noticed a familiar face approaching. It was Dartakh, and he didn't seem too happy. He walked next to him, sighed and grabbed the Toa's shoulder, trying to shake him awake. "Give me some of that liquor of yours. You hear me? I need a sip. Or two. Maybe three."

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Medical Bay)

Feli had a Mask of Healing and years of training behind her. She also felt that it was her duty to help those in need, because that was her order's task, and what she had been doing in her own world for years. She wasn't the only one to help the wounded staff members and fighters, for there was a yellow Toa as well, with strange powers that made patients lose their ability to feel pain. Feli didn't know her name, and had just finished treating one of the wounded. She approached her while wiping blood from her hands with a towel, and said "Very kind of you to take away his pain. Even my mask was unable to heal his injuries. Shame I never found his arm." She sighed and turned to look at the Toa. "I think we still haven't introduced ourselves to each other, by the way. My name is Feli", she bowed, "a Knight of the Order of Hope. Pleasure to meet you."

OoC: Talking to Alisa Dare

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Alisa Dare - Medbay.

"Hi," she was too tired to bow, or whatever it was she was expected to do, "I'm Alisa Dare, servant of the Brotherhood of Makuta," to avoid some of the issues she'd had in previous conversations, she quickly added, "In my world the Makuta aren't evil." 

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Medical Bay | With Alisa Dare)

She frowned. "Makuta? Don't worry, in my world they no longer exist, And it is clear that you are not evil, for you are helping the wounded. Is your Brotherhood focused on noble tasks, much like my Order?" She placed the bloody towel in a crystal cup she had created that was on a nearby table.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Alisa Dare - Medbay.

"Exactly," she nodded, finding a chair to sit down in. "What are your thoughts on.... our current situation?"