BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC(Kalatin): The tentacles spread out, coming down over the Puppetmaster's head and shoulders - that is, if he didn't move, and Kalatin was pretty sure he was near the edge of the catwalk. But he wasn't going to count on that - another batch of tentacles came in from the other side, trying to get a hold of the hands holding the rifle. Another hardlight bolt hit him. 

IC: The Puppetmaster - Arena. 

This creature was being awfully slow and meticulous with its tentacle attacks. He saw a second mass of appendages come flying at him from the side, and heard the first ones moving around somewhere behind him.

He leaned into a forward roll, crossing the small distance between the two of them and coming up right in front of Kalatin. He fired, nearly point-blank at what seemed to be the creature's face. It couldn't keep ignoring his shots forever. 

Edited by Locus

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Oinez - Talking w/ Arkrax

Afwhat?

He wasn't afraid so much as an introvert. Running around in the carnage was loud, messy and the idea of so many eyes on him and so much thought and attention directed at him... That was far more worrying than the supposed temporal death of the arena. "I'm not afraid, Toa. I'm just observing things for awhile." The glimmering being seemed entirely otherworldly, In-Toa were supposed to look like that, but he'd never seen one. "Did you have the same idea?"

IC Izarargi - Fighting(?) w/ Terry

"Any spirits would turn warm and sour in this furnace." She accompanied the simple statement of the inappropriateness of alcohol beverages in a literal oven with a quickened pace and a swing of the broken lever at the Tread-Toa

IC Maccha Yellow! - Interacting w/ Kat

Thatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happenthatdidn't happen

You breath deeply. "I was saying, Kat, that we should act as a team for the time being. Only fools fight alone!" You spoke with faux bravos.

IC Disunity

In most situations, Halken's would have been a bad move. In this one, it was acceptable. Langmuir's limbs were significantly shorter than the skakdi's and his weight much lower. He was put in an awkward position during the fall and just about pinned.

The incredibly robust and virile browline of the Skakdi rocketed towards his own face, a headbutt at this close of range?! It was crazy, no, it was bat ###### insane! The Fe-Toa only managed to avoid certain cranium compression via a quick knee to his opponent's gut, forcing him to double over in pain. The Fe-Toa took advantage of this to roll out from under the bruiser and regain his footing, taking the opportunity for what he hoped was a quick and decisive kick to the noggin. Unfortunately, it was not so. Halken recovered in to grab the poorly timed kick, swinging the Fe-Toa bodily around and smashing him into the wall.

Air knocked out of his lungs, Langmuir crumpled to the ground, shakily getting to his feet to avoid the Skakdi's first punch, a right straight that cracked the rock behind him. Strafing to the left only got him caught by the second strike of the combo, a left hook.

Stumbling back drunkenly, the would-be final blow mercifully struck empty air. The Fe-Toa quickly strafe moonwalked and put distance between them as the Skakdi took a second to... Breath? Prepare? No. He was merely adjusting his coat. Several lines of unrecorded trash talk later, Halken charged! He was moving in quick, clearly and plainly telegraphing of all things a jab with his left hand.

How many times now had he opened with a right jab? Three, four? Was the telegraph a bluff or real?

3 bio

2 bio

1 bio, now in striking distance, the gargantuanly grandiloquent giant throws of all things, a left straight. A man inclined to gamble at the most desperate of times, Langmuir had called his flub with a simple move, the cross counter! Subtly ducking and throwing a right straight into the Skakdi's face, Halken's left side (Langmuir's right) was of course, unguarded. His fist in the motions but the motions themselves in thin air.

Did he smile before he went down? Perhaps to say good fight, before he abruptly joined the uncountable sleeping dreamers throughout the universe.

IC Langmuir - Tunnel

Karz. That was a rough one. All my ribs are burning and my face feels like tenderized mukau. I managed to catch Halken before he went down and incurred more damage. It was a shame it'd come to that, but at least he seemed uninjured. Perhaps a concussion, but he'd recover. I turned my eyes towards the quickly retreating lights of Mirror and Ilyin. We had to get out of here...

As I passed my swords, I reabsorbed the metal. I took a last glance at the Skakdi... Surely he'd be safe while I fetched the others, right?

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Terry Terrix - Arena. 

But the lever never connected. As the arm swung towards him, he'd begun rolling backwards, simultaneously focusing his power on the ground beneath Izarargi's feet, moving her backwards as well. 

The swing came just short of his smug face, and he grinned at her. "You are one feisty sheila, aint ya?" 

Edited by Locus

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arkie

New round then.
As I appear in the arena, I look up, spying a familiar face on a walkway on the other side of a pit of molten proto; Revenant.
"Hey, Rev!" I shout, running along the metal catwalks towards him.

IC: CinS

[New round. All weapons are fully functional.]

CinS stands up, the glare of the magma glinting off its argent armour. The first fighter it sees is a half-Tarakava; Terry.
[Engage target: Y/N]

[Y]

The robot opens fire on the mutant with its minigun.

OOC: Arkie running towards Revenant, CinS attacking Terry.

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Naona (MC) ~ Arena

From his vantage point on a higher-hanging piece of railing, Naona surveyed the Furnace, his visor zooming in and out as he slowly rotated his head to observe the ongoing fights. While it would be possible for him to simply wait out the 'round', it was likely that the powers responsible for his arrival would look upon such actions unfavourably. It was, after all, the 'Bionifight' tournament, and if their abilities could bring him to this new world, he was unwilling to test the limits of their tolerance by acting contrary to what was promoted by the event.

A gold and grey being caught his attention. The lenses of his visor focused, allowing him a closer view. A Toa. Gold Hau. Purple eyes.

Said Toa was on the lower levels, a great distance from his location. Yet she seemed to be the only one available to fight.

Naona held his breath. His head was motionless. The visor attached to his mask focused on Alisa's torso. Do not move.

And two streaks of light shot from his eyes, crossing the grand distance towards the other Toa's body.

IC: Alisa Dare - Arena. 

A flash of light from up above caught her attention, and she looked up to see where it come from. A Toa of Stone, high above. And lower down, another being. A Makuta, perhaps?

She started for the nearest stairwell, shield ready to block any further attacks directed at her. 

Flashy entrance from a ... Makuta?

That was a surprise to see. Midnight City had never experienced the ... pleasure ... of a Makuta's company. For all he and his fellow citizens knew, the species was completely extinct. It was truly testament to the power of the tournament's benefactors that they could bring even such powerful entities to fight for their entertainment. Though to be honest, he was unsure if he could match feats with such a being; he was, after all, a mere Toa.

A fight is a fight, however. If he wants one, what can I do but meet his challenge?

His left arm twitched, activating his staff. A second later, an explosion erupted beside Miras, the shockwave of the blast rapidly expanding outwards towards the Makuta, as well as buckling the walkway that his new opponent was standing on. While this occurred, he fired off another set of lasers towards Alisa; more specifically, towards the railings of the walkway above her stairwell, the beams of light shearing away at the metal and dropping it down towards her.

Another flash of light, and suddenly a damaged railing was crashing down towards her.

She jumped backwards, narrowly avoiding being crushed as it slammed downwards. She looked up at the Po-Toa, briefly considering trying to hit him with an Absence attack. The distance between them was too great, though.

He could easily dodge it, and she'd just be wasting her energy. 

Clambering over the wreckage, she continued up the stairs, keeping an eye above for any further attacks. 

She was fast. That was evident from how her ability to dodge the falling railing. If he was to defeat her, then he would need to keep building up the pressure.

Everyone had a point where it became too much.

Naona just needed to find it.

His eyes narrowed upon the staircase, his visor allowing to see it up-close. Another set of lasers fired, streaking through the air to strike at the stair supports.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.... she had nearly reached the next level when she felt the stairs begin to give way beneath her. She kicked off the stairs and made a mad leap for the next level, managing to grab onto the edge of the catwalk and haul herself over the railing. 

"Hey, brakas!" she shouted up to the Po-Toa (Naona), "at least let me get to you first!" 

She started running towards the next stairwell.

The whir of the minigun spinning up gave Terry enough warning to duck down out of CinS' fire line. As the bullets tore through the air where he'd been "standing" a few moments before, he focused his powers on the ground below him, causing it to roll quickly forwards, pushing him towards Izarargi.

Hopefully she wouldn't immediately try to kill him in the face of an opponent with firepower like this. 

Edited by Locus

IC: Miras

I stabilise myself using my Gravity powers in midair, and, with some careful manipulation of them, I send myself flying up towards the Po-Toa, drawing back my fist in readiness to hit him with a protosteel punch to the jaw.

IC: Vorzin

Heat.

Heat.

Heat.

I flap my wings harder and faster, soaring over much of the furnace.

I glide on the currents for a few seconds, then, spotting a particularly caught-up fighter, a Glatorian in black and blue armour, I launch a burst of plasma at them.

OOC: Miras fighting Naona, Vorzin attacking Puppetmaster.

VBWj75sh.png

The Makuta comes. This is the foe that he fears. The enemy that he is not confident in his ability to combat. Naona has never fought a master of the shadows before.

There is a saying:

"First time for everything."

Not today.

He propels himself off the walkway, his staff generating an explosion beneath him that buckles and shatters the metal. The force catches up with his body, but he is ready, curling up into a ball and and allowing the shockwave to push him away from the flying Makuta. Behind him, the walkway collapses, metallic protodermis loosening from its support and falling towards the ground. It was a risky idea. But sometimes, it was best to take the risk.

Now he just needed to succeed in the rest of his actions.

Another controlled explosion erupts behind him, and Naona is sent flying. His legs are sore, and the heat of the blast is scorching his armour. He cannot dwell on that. His body unfurls, and he spins towards the next walkway ahead. It is a near miss, but his armoured hand, the right, grasps onto the railing. Does he pull himself up or drop down a level to the next walkway?

Up. Higher ground was useful.

He heaves. Naona's body rises, throwing itself onto the walkway. His back hurts now. That entire sequence had been a bad idea. The Toa of Stone scrambles to his feet. The soreness was annoying.

He's not near the Makuta now, at least. The golden Toa, on the other hand ... she was moving closer and closer to the next stairwell.

Which lead to his current walkway.

IC: Right. Time to do things properly this time. No getting taken out by some punk just because he knew his own weapons better than she did. 

Olari flew upwards, carried on currents of magnetism, taking a position high in the arena where plumes of smoke wreathed around her, though avoiding the fumes directly so she could still breathe. She was shrouded from view, and while this did hinder her own sight in turn she had her Akaku to compensate. Peering through the cloying black pillars that veiled her, she took in as much of the arena as she could see.

Aerial superiority would clearly be a plus here, the terrain on land was hazardous to the extreme. Even at the highest point in the area she could feel the heat wafting up, she didn't want to know what would happen if she got plunged into one of those incandescent pools. 

So, if she needed to keep her high ground, and there was no-one currently in the air itself to challenge her, the catwalks were the most logical target. Olari reached out to the hanging vats of boiling metal that ornamented the place, gripping them with magnetic power and twisting them around, angling them towards whatever walkway was closest before overturning them. Several deluges of molten protosteel poured down on the catwalks around Olari, a nasty surprise for anyone who sought sanctuary on them

OOC: Olari attacking Random Catwalks. Feel free to be an unwitting victim of her efforts

IC: Ugh, the heat was oppressive. Jorth was sweating like a...like a...Spirits, it was too hot even for similes. He considered taking his leather overcoat off, as it was obviously adding to his high temperature discomfort, but that would be robbing him of a useful tool. Might as well make it earn its keep though.

He awakened it with his Tryna, letting its blank white eyes stare behind him to keep a watch on any attempt at ambush. He started using its tentacles to get around too, grappling the metal of the place to avoid any burns. Seeing some sort of boxy building set into a wall and assuming it was a control point or at least observation deck he started ambling across the arena towards it

OOC: Jorth open for interaction

IC: Disgusted, feeling underwhelmed and cheated at being robbed from his duel, Skrall had been wandering the arena looking for the toughest fight he could find to earn his merits from the Queen. And a big shiny robot that looked as armoured as a skopio and wielded a multi-chambered gun that spat fire. That seemed like a pretty good fight. 

Skrall jumped at Colossus in Silver from behind, trying to get onto the mechanoid's back. Its weaponry all appeared to be focused on forward attacks, it wouldn't be able to reach something lodged onto its spine. His sword was held out straight to try and pierce through the robot's back, while his other arm reached out to grab at any crack or crevice he could use as a handhold

OOC: Skrall attacking CinS

IC: Kelatin, being an eye-watering assemblage of flesh larger than some chunks of the environment was a rather hard target to miss. And too tempting a target for Venga to pass up. He'd been flying through the haze and smog of the furnace looking for someone to tangle with, and darnit if Kelatin wasn't the tangliest looking son of a kavinika he'd seen since he'd got here.

He hovered over the meaty monster, pointed the blade of Diretooth right at it, then stopped flying. His weight and increasing momentum would be focused on the razor edge of the blade, turning it into a chisel with the force of a sledgehammer already behind it. Should punch right through the wannabe kraken quite nicely

OOC: Venga attacking Kelatin

IC: Tuyetkhamun had not felt heat in a long time. It took a lot to get through to what remained of her nervous system, but the furnace managed it, and she was unpleasingly warm. How discourteous of their hosts to create such an inhospitable level!

Ink spiralled around her bandages, transforming a few spots here and there into patches of frost where the marks for ice formed. It helped cool her down and was more easily accomplished than her original plan of freezing all the molten metal she could reach to lower the temperature of the entire arena.

Wanting to avoid closer proximity to the pools of magma that were the source of her discomfort, she headed for the nearest stairwell and made her way upwards

OOC: Tuyetkhamun open for interaction

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

[Hostile has locked onto this unit's exterior. Minor damage to the outer shell.]

Feeling around its back with its one fist, CinS began searching for Skrall intending to pull him off its back. As it does so, it keeps its minigun's fire focused hard on Terry.

Moving cautiously closer to the Po-Toa, I let out a stream of sharpened shadows from my sanguine-coloured gauntlet, headed towards the opponent.

VBWj75sh.png

When Alisa saw the Po-Toa (Naona) land up on the next level and the Makuta (Miras) throwing himself into the attack, she rushed up the last few steps to meet them....

....only for a fiery hailstorm of molten protodermis to cascade down onto the catwalk between the three of them. Alisa cowered behind her shield, feeling the heat of the substance as it splashed agaisnt the protosteel. 

She looked up to see another Toa (Olari). "Will you people stop throwing things at me?" 

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Will ya stop shooting at me ya stupid bogan!" 

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1

IC: Aha, the attempt with the sword had worked, it had either conquered the robot's armour and punched right through it or outwitted it and found some crack to sink through. Clinging on to his bladed purchase, Skrall angled away from the grasping right hand of CinS, raising his bladed shield to strike down and the tubes and joints of the arm wielding the minigun. The machine seemed to have the gun as its only weapon, if it could be disabled or removed then the fight was over. Skrall felt no fear over the robot's greater size, not when it clearly had little intelligence in how to use it properly

OOC: Skrall still attacking CinS

IC: Olari ignored Alisa's pleas. Well, more likely she couldn't hear them, high up as she was. But seeing a cluster of fighters on the one catwalk apparently just strengthened her resolved to boil them right off it, and another vat of molten metal went tumbling down onto that particular walkway

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

The Makuta was persistent. But Naona held no intention whatsoever to engage in a slugging match with the other being. Especially when metallic protodermis was falling from the heavens to ruin everybody's day. His hand rose to meet the streams of shadow, a grand block of stone materialising to stall the attack. Another wall of rock formed beside him to stem the flow of molten metal. It was proving to be quite difficult, fighting on this walkway. He needed to find an area clear of the lava, and a way to deal with the aerial combatants.

Breathing room was sorely needed.

His eyes quickly shot twin blasts of light down at his feet, cutting away a circle of metal that he promptly dropped through. At the same time, his stone creations dissipated, and a heavy stone cover formed above the hole. The sound of metal against metal rang through the Furnace as he landed onto the lower catwalk in a crouch. The MCPD officer needed to move away from the battleground, and while taking the lower ground was not preferable, he had been surrounded further up as well.

"Oh, come on!" what was it with these people and dropping things on her? As a fresh shower of molten protodermis began to rain down onto them, Alisa ran for the railing and threw herself over it, landing painfully on the level below.

Without any room to land properly, her legs took the full force of the impact and buckled beneath her, stinging with pain. But at least I'm not being boiled alive in molten protodermis... 

IC: Gamma

His swords had reappeared on his back, and he was ready. He strode off, grinning madly at all the chaos around him.

IC: Omega

Omega stood, waiting for a chance to strike.

IC: Kaipatu

Kaipatu had his rifle out, and was currently scoping out Arkie on his scope.

IC: Teawa

Teawa was cringing at the heat, but he stood firm, grinning a little.

IC: CinP

[Weapons operational, awaiting target]

IC: Ekial

Ekial prepared to pounce on someone, his tongue licking his lips.

For Makuta's sake.... She raised her shield to block the lasers, and got unsteadily to her feet. These people just weren't giving her a break. But now that the Po-Toa was down on her level, Alisa could finally launch a counterattack. 

Her foe seemed awfully fond of his laser vision, but it wouldn't be much use to him if he couldn't see. Lowering her shield for a moment, she focused her powers and sent a bolt of visual Absence at her opponent (Naona)

The floor was ripped apart underneath her, and she started to fall, managing to snap out a hand and grab onto a piece of twisted metal. She swung off of it, launching herself across to an adjacent catwalk, and turned to fling another bolt of Visual Absence at Naona. 

IC: Arkrax - Arena (Conversing with Oinez)

In response, Arkrax turned to the control station and began analyzing the dials and levers. A wary eye remained fixated on the Matoran.

Name: Oinez

Species: Matoran

Powers: Unknown

Perhaps it was the heat slowing down his processors, but this one was an enigma to him. His appearance suggested merely a nervous Matoran, but this Tournament had shown him appearances could be misleading. Perhaps it would be safer to wait for him to make a move before reaching into the control system.

IC: Mistress - Arena (fighting Snarl)

The mongrel's claws tore into her chest with little room or opportunity to dodge. But there was no avoiding her attacks now.

Her mask flashed again as she holstered her pistol and brought her other bladed hand to the dog's face. A burst of stinging smoke followed, and then her hand grasped for its throat. Besides possibly ripping through its neck, she had the advantage of holding its jaws away from her own throat. The left hand, its slash across the face not quite as effective as could be hoped, came down to tear into the mongrel's side.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

IC: Snarl - Arena. 

There was an Energy Hound tearing great gaping holes in her chest, and she stopped to put her gun away before attacking? Taking the time to holster the pistol had been Dajik's worst move so far.

Because while she was still raising her hand to grab at his throat, he had already lunged straight for hers, jaws open wide for the killing bite. 

Her right hand only skimmed the back of the mongrel's neck as the head dove for her throat. She was not dying like this.

She tried to hold back its head in her dagger-like fingers, even as her mask flashed once more. As its jaws reached downward, the muscles of her neck extended and sharpened. If it was going to bite her, it was going to be a rather... unpleasant experience.

IC: Snarl - Arena. 

Ignoring the agonising pain in the back of his neck, he clamped his jaws shut. 

Too slow to do little more than raise her shield to take the force of the impact, Alisa was thrown backwards off her feet by the force of the impact. She felt something go crunch in her arm, and bit back a cry of pain. 

"Enough!" her temper was getting the better of her, but she didn't care. She materialised her Painblade, and moved forwards along her catwalk, trying to put some distance bewteen herself and her opponents while Naona was busy being attacked by Miras.

Edited by Locus

The Makuta had landed behind him. He could not catch a break, could he? Naona quickly moved away from Miras, throwing up a stone wall between them. It was fortunate that he had not utilised his laser vision against the golden Toa prior, else he would not have reacted quickly enough. Said golden Toa of course, was also coming closer to him. That would be an issue. He was being cornered from both sides once more.

Was this how criminals felt?

He flung himself over the edge, detonating the catwalk behind him and shattering its supports (and hopefully, dropping his pursuers down another level). Curling into a ball once more, the blast's force propelled him safely to another walkway, landing onto it with a roll.

(IC as Agion, in the arena)

--What madness...?--

First I had woken in that cold, dreary room.  Now a wave of heat washed over me.  Glorious, pulsing, Ta-Wahi heat.  My eyes were shot through with the yellow glow of flames, my brain shook off the fog the cold had cast around it.  I felt alive.  More alive than ever.

But no, this wasn't Ta-Wahi at all... a metal room, full of machinery and catwalks, full of beings all locked in combat with one another.  Fighting?  Why?

--Just do it...--

--What on earth is this?--

--It doesn't matter!  Just go!  Lunge!  Posion, dagger, crush and claw!--

--Get out of my head!--

--GO!  TOA!--

Toa.  The room was full of them!  Had they seen me?  Were they coming after me?

--Don't think!  Just finish them!--

I threw off my cloak, suddenly regretting not grabbing my cane.  Oh well... I wrenched off one of the more damaged pipes off the catwalk and crimped the edge, before pounding it into the floor and shoving myself forward.  My heavy claws were out and I felt the familiar weight of my stinger.  And there I stood, watching the chaos rain around me, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

OOC: Hubert, if Naona's explosions can destroy solid, metallic protodermis, then I don't think he would be without injuries right now, so I think that what you've been doing with them is a tad unrealistic.

IC: Haarnak

The perfect moment to strike came in the form of something like a Nui-Jaga appearing.

Haarnak had spent the entire round so far hanging up in the shadows near the top of the furnace, absorbing the heat to increase his elemental power, and so he saw this as being the best time to join in with the fighting.

Drifting down slightly, the Ta-Toa lifted his rifle off of his back, took aim at the being and fired multiple times, sending in total five high-powered fire charges down towards his oblivious opponent.

Agion would be very unlikely to be able to dodge the shots- Haarnak's rifle made very little sound as it shot, and either way, the fireballs were travelling far too fast for any being without forewarning to be able to dodge them.

The Colossus turns violently as Skrall attempts to attack its arm, undoubtedly throwing the Glatorian's aim off, although not throwing him off the machine's back. As the machine flails about, it spots CinP on a nearby walkway. "Assistance is required," the robot yells at its lilac counterpart.

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: He varies the intensity of his explosions, and for every previous use of it to propel him distances, he's made sure to keep away from the epicentre first and minimising as much harm it could do his body as possible (jumping off the catwalks so that the explosion happens behind him, jumping into the air first, curling up into a ball), and it has strained his body.

IC: Naona (Kid) ~ Arena

Elsewhere in the facility, Naona was struggling with the heat.

OOC: Fair enough then.

Kar- No. Keep your anger in check, I say to myself as the walkway explodes beneath me. Sparing no thought for the other Toa, I reactivate my Gravity, hovering in the air, then I rise up above the Po-Toa's new catwalk. I begin creating a small blindfold of shadows around his eyes, intended primarily to blind him, but also to prevent his laser vision from being effective.

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: Tiragath, if you could un-stretch the page, that'd be tops

IC - Shixahl (Great Furnace):

As the Glatorian walked along, he became aware of the noise of fighting somewhere ahead of him. Luckily, his view of the combatants - and their view of him - was blocked by a large vat hanging between them. In the hopes of bypassing them stealthily, he took a staircase up to the next level of catwalks, and began to stalk along more slowly, so as to make as little noise as possible as he passed by them. Peeking at the fighters, he recognized from his reading several Toa and one Makuta. One of the Toa seemed to be manipulating metal in order to spill magma onto catwalks, while another was causing explosions at random. Taking note, he continued silently inching down the catwalk.

IC: Ardian (Great Furnace):

As Ardian continued around the arena, he spotted the figure of his companion in the distance.

"Virse!" He called. He would draw the attention of anyone within earshot, but considering how few people there likely were in that range, and the strategic value of reuniting with his ally, he thought the shout to be worth it.

IC - Lierdon (Great Furnace):

Lierdon found something good and something bad in his inspection. The good thing was that he had spotted a control panel that would likely operate the buckets hanging near Seven's walkway. The bad thing was that, naturally, this control panel was located on that very walkway. With as much stealth as the tan Skakdi was capable of employing, he crept across a catwalk that bridged Seven's and his own. When he was there, he raised his face to the level of the control panel, and began examining it. With no time to figure it out logically, he reached up and fiddled with a lever, looking around.

This one moves the bucket down that way... He thought. This one moves the bucket directly above me... Yikes.

Finally he located the correct lever. A vat located between him and the hulking Seven began to move back and forth. Pulling the lever in a different direction, he found, made the vat tilt, as a dribble of molten protodermis dripped down the side of it. There was also a button beneath each lever... but if they did what he thought they did, he wouldn't be able to test it. With his trap figured out, he raised himself to his full height, and called out to the beast.

"Oi! Big, fat lug!" He shouted at Seven. As the creature would most certainly want to charge Lierdon, he activated his Trust Vision at a low level; Seven would experience a reduced level of suspicion towards his surroundings, and have less of a desire to search for dangerous elements in them, such as the vat, as a result.

OOC: Shixahl bypassing Olari, Alisa, Miras, and Naona; Ardian calling out to Virse; Lierdon luring Seven.

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

(IC as Agion)

I let out a yell as my back felt like it was on fire.  Miniature explosions, like fireballs, hammered into me--I couldn't count how many there were.  They all seemed to meld into one scalding burst.  I hugged my cane, trying not to fall.

--See?  I told you to go after them and you just sat there--

"SHUT UP!" I bellowed at the voice in my head.  I didn't have time to waste now.  But he had used heat.  I could deal with fire, with heat.  I had lived in the Charred Forest, for crying out loud.  Cover... I needed cover.  The catwalk connected to a concrete pillar nearby and I gave two pushes of my cane, sliding behind it.  There.  Now I could think.

A bright red figure stood further up in the chamber.  Tahu.  I would bet ten widgets that was Tahu trying to kill me.  But what was he holding?  Some sort of crossbow?  No... that wasn't right.  It was elongated, and glowed red at the tip.  He was channeling his power through a gun.  And it looked like he was winding up for another shot.

Makuta take me if I let him take it.

I clenched my third fist, venom seeping into my palm.  I rolled it around into an orb, aimed, then threw it with all the strength I had.

(OOC: Agion throwing a venom orb at Haarnak.)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

IC: Haarnak

What an idiot.

The Ta-Toa swerved out of the way easily, the orb hitting the metal strut behind him harmlessly. 

"Well, that was stupid," Haarnak said, Kadin glowing.

He let another, longer volley of shots off towards his opponent, all the while swooping and rising using his mask in order to keep himself from being hit.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Virse - Arena

Virse turned as she heard her name called, and easily picked out the robed Av-Toa among the walkways. As good as it was to see a friendly face, surely the shout would attract... unwanted attention. Virse gave him a subtle nod and slipped under a control panel. Her mask glowed once more, and her form cascaded down in streams of sand.

The rivulets wormed across the walkways, always drawing nearer to Nine. If someone got there first, she would be ready to surprise them from behind.

I will not die... like this... I will not... fail...

But still the mongrel's long fangs tore past her blades and through her neck. As consciousness faded, her last act was to tighten her grip on its side and throat. As it had pulled towards her, her bladed fingers had tore through muscle and armor. If she was going down, then Snarl was coming with her. Mutually assured destruction was better than nothing.

At last, the pain overcame her, and the Lady Dajik was gone.

OOC: Lady Dajik KO'd by Snarl.