BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Lytrel

"Okaaaaay, that one leads to a dead end," Lytrel said, pointing at the door that he and Xaeraz came through. "Don't know about those other two - wait."

There was a fourth door open.

"Maybe there's something to see in there..."

Three dead bodies laid on the floor.

Nocton's, which seemed to be mostly intact, THE MONSTER'S which had been decapitated, and HIS, which had suffered a similar fate (Lytrel didn't know that Xae could survive without his body).

Aside from the macabre floor decorations, the room seemed to be devoid of everything except for a pedestal, which had nothing on it.

"... Maybe not."

Lytrel turned back into the main room and began looking at the doors that he hadn't been through. "Hm."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Riss turned, Bass Cannons targeting Sudrec immediately. Then, she paused, listening to his message, before grinning (the mech not replicating her expression, sadly) and replying, "Oh! Sudrec! Hi! Yes, let's! I've never used a robot like this before, but it's so coooooo~l!"

IC: "That's what he introduced himself as, Ma'am," Xaeraz replied, gingerly removing himself from Kopen and unfolding back up to his full height. "he wore what looked like a Tryna, and had a pair of infinite gems. I'm not sure what powers they held, but they apparently made someone as disillusioned with Bionifight as he seemed willing to come and run Engineering.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Kat:

"Toa of light, huh? Here I thought that was just a myth."

I stepped forward, throwing a light right straight at him. Nothing hard, just testing his defenses.

"Name's Kat"

Kale Ironshaper- Arena- Dark Hallway

IC: "Rahkshi of Fear right?" Kale responded, batting the jab away with a flick of his wrist. "I watched your fight after the first round. Not too shabby."

While they were talking Kale had been using his new gem to slowly enhance his body. For now it was limited to somewhat stronger muscles, but that was just the start. Behind his helmet, Kale could feel a grin starting to tease the corners of his mouth as he sent a low kick sweeping at the rahkshi's lower leg.

With a normal rahkshi the move would either knock them off their feet or sheer right through the metal from the force. The one in front of the Toa seemed to have some sort of modified chassis though, it seemed he was going to have to play this one by ear.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

GM IC: THE QUEEN - MEDICAL BAY

"Yes... Dreisen is an excellent example of... how much pull I have with the Host," the Queen said, her eyes darkening. "I tried no less than three times to stop having Dreisen pulled for the tournament and was shut down on each one. But that Toa... he has always had a weakness for anything that directly impacts and improves his current powers."

She shrugged. 

"Whether he made the right decision or not returning to Bionifight, only time will tell," she continued, turning to Von WortenAlbrecht, and Ezezko. "We shall wait a few more minutes for these three to wake up before we return to my office. There are some things that we must discuss... and of course, your rewards."

GM IC: MIRROR LYTREL

"Which one did your leader come from?" the Mirror Lytrel asked. "Maybe theirs is the right one?"

Edited by Lucina

Ic Kat:

I stopped the sweep dead with my left shin. Well, sort of. It moved my leg a fourth of a bio to the right, and Karz, did it hurt. Even so, I swear, when would people stop trying that move?

Now closer in, I brought my right arm up in an uppercut to the gut.

"I aim to please."

Edited by Chumpu

IC:

"I have little idea." Her brow furrowed faintly as she thought back, sifting through her memories to find what details she could. "I was already in my slumber when they placed me within my accommodations for the next hundred thousand years. I awoke when the device used to keep me isolated in time was broken by a vast impact. My surroundings... Were not truly recognizable any longer. The remains of a vast fortress surrounded me, but it was entirely abandoned. Signs of battle, wrecked buildings, destroyed exoskeletal armatures..."

"It took me some time to find my way to Bara Magna's surface. I am afraid I could not tell you where I was before."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

GM IC: LYTREL + MIRROR LYTREL

With a shrug, Mirror Lytrel followed after Lytrel. By the all-powerful entity known as "Let's move onto more interesting things", the two different versions of Lytrel managed to make their way back to the Bionifight facility without incident. Unlike the rest of the questing crew, however, when they arrive the two Lytrels found themselves in the lower halls.

IC(fishers): fishers grinned as the Irvine pitched forward into Sesdrec's attack. Despite the mech's missing hand, however, the Polyhydra was losing fast. Dr. Bundy's grenade launcher fired with the maximum force at the Irvine's right arm , hoping to explode the thing on impact. And fishers whipped out her shotgun to fire at the Irvine's back again, even as the cannon's power gauge advanced frustratingly slow. Come on!

IC: On second glance the rahkshi had heavier armor than usual, and the way it was still in the fight was a testament to the wearer's determination.

When Kat sent the punch at his stomach Kale let it connect, the blow slamming into his armor with a clang. He could certainly feel it, but the armor and the cushioning gel layer prevented any sort of actual damage from getting through. Not giving the other being time to pull back or return to a guard position, the Toa sent a punch of his own. This one sent directly towards the bottom of the rahkshi armor's neck section.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Ic Kat:

I made a mental note that I shouldn't try direct force, bringing my left arm up to deflect the punch away, as I brought my right elbow down upon the knee joint of his armor.

The blunted spike would amplify the power of the blow into a single point, surely that had to do something.

IC: Causing Kale to pull his foot back, the motion sending him into a spin that brought his elbow screaming towards the back of Kat's head.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Langmuir - Arena

I had caught another glimpse of the pilot, behind the folds. He was a young looking Toa, odd coloration. The idea was alien, but perhaps his elemental affinity was for the paper around him. It might explain the shifting and strengthening of its structures.

I step to the side, once and twice more. Putting distance between him and I, and coincidentally between the gunslinging machine and I.

"Toa of the Paper machine, I offer you a chance at surrender. Your machine is greatly damaged and I don't wish to end our fight like this if it is not necessary."

IC Ezezko - Medbay

[ugh...] you awoke with a motion resembling a turtle trapped in tar.

...but close to it

IC: Xara (Tonitrui) - Arena.

"You have got to be karzing kidding me...." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zakaro (His Room, with Olari)

His reply was to raise a fist and knock on his head, pausing after each tap to study the sound. 

"It don't sound tooo hollow," he said, proceeding to knock on his arm, chest, thigh, and foot, producing just the same metallic thud each time. 

"Nope! I'm not hollow on the inside, and you can't be hollow on the outside! Well ya can, but that's dents. Not hollowness. Though if I'm hollow on the inside, maybe knocking something hollow against more hollow stuff canceled all the hollow out!"

He gasps in horror at this revelation, and focuses on Olari for a second or two, speaking a bit faster.

"If I'm all hollow than maybe I'm just a shell of a guy pretending to go through life all happy and grand but doesn't have any sort of actual substance or drive to his life, just enjoying life without being motivated by anything!"

"And maybe I float too!"

IC: Bajets (Shopkeeper's Pizza Stall)

She made no reply, not wasting the time as she quickly retrieved a slice and bit in, offering the platters to the rest of the group while the Skakdi enjoyed the bliss of the pizza. Yes. She had made a good choice in selecting this as her food of choice. 

IC: Sevyn (Comfort Sector)

Without pausing a beat, he turned on his heel and strode out the other doorway, not loosing any of the pride in his stride. Sevyn was the best Chef in his known Universe, and some silly multidimensional tournament for fighting wasn't going to change that!

He burst into the Commercial Sector with an easy grin on his face and absolutely no idea where to go to do anything. 

"Hello! I am Sevyn, the Protosteel Chef, and I have no idea what to do or where to go!" 

Sometimes honesty was the best policy. 

It would be determined later whether this was one of those times.

• Upvote 2

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: It was hardly proper fighting technique, but Kale just let that one clang off his armor as well.

"Glad to hear that. Prolonged hand to hand combat is not my strong suit."

He could drag this out a little longer without resorting to his powers. The Toa was hardly looking forward to facing off against all of the much larger mechs outside and anything that would keep the tournament staff off his back was welcome.

Deciding to go for something a little different, Kale's arm shot out in an attempt to grab Kat's forearm.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Kopen - Med Bay

A part of her pulled out into the hall, desperate to explore what had happened since she went into that tunnel. But she couldn't leave Xaeraz, not now. And besides, the Queen said something about rewards. A life-threatening quest wasn't going to change her that much.

IC: Lady Dajik - Med Bay

Well, it seemed her innocent little journey had returned more than she had bargained for. The Queen of all people, returning from some kind of perilous mission! The Lady Dajik listened carefully, feigning sleep to preserve her cover, though she bristled at the Queen's remark about "idiot fighters burning down the Commercial Sector". This information had to be useful to someone. Gems, the Engineer's history, and the strange relations between these contestants and the Queen. Yes, quite useful...

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

Mirror carefully reached out a hand, only to snatch it back as Bajets devoured a slice before he could even touch one. If he wasn't careful, his hand would be next. He selected a slice from the other box, a splatter of various meats, vegetables, and cheeses, and took a tentative bite. It was... different to be sure, but Mirror didn't have the... zeal for it that the Skakdi showed.

IC: Sesdec - Arena

The battle fell into silence for a moment. The explosions and rings of blades had stopped. Sesdec peered out from within the Polyhydra's shell to get a good view of his opponent. The hulking suit with its blades was more than a match for his own construct. Paper had never been the best choice for stopping blades. To continue would surely mean his demise, unless he could slip a strike in under his foe's guard, or the flying mech could sufficiently damage it.

In the end, he knew what he had to say, he just knew not how to say it. He curled up within his seat at the mere thought of stating something so bold and loud. After all, he was an inexperienced Toa in a flimsy machine. "A-a-a..." he mumbled softly, struggling to begin. He could not be heard like this. The shields whirled, forming a megaphone-like device to amplify his answer. "A h-h-hero... n-never surrenders!" he cried in a soft, quivering voice. The tube disappeared as quickly as it had formed, and his guard was up. 'Twould not be noble to attack an unwary opponent.

IC(fishers): "A hero never surrenders!" the paper mech's driver proclaimed. fishers smiled. I love a good inspiring Toa-hero.

Dr. Bundy followed Irvine as it dodged its other attacks, and fishers aimed her cannon at its back again. Bon voyage. The Ko-Matoran fired.

OOC: fishers firing cannon at Irvine's back. Again.

Edited by fishers64

IC Velix:

Velix looked at Xara, stepping several feet and deactivating the field as he did so. He aimed the railgun... And in the space of milliseconds, the Protosteel shell was screaming towards the enemy mech's neck at Mach 3.

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Whether or not Kat would have been able to break Kale's arm through the armor was something that would need to be discovered another time. As she grabbed at his arm Kale's mask activated for a fraction of a second and the arm was suddenly back in a much less vulnerable position.

And now Kat had her back to him, more or less. He was standing slightly to her right side behind her back. Too close to do a proper punch, he elected to send one arcing into the joint of her leg. Even with Kat's extra armor a blow to that spot with Kale's enhancements would probably cripple the leg.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Some part of Lytrel wished that it wasn't here that he returned to.

He wishes that he was...

What was that word?

That word for... What was the meaning of that word?

It's a feeling that I'm having trouble describing...

I wish, I wish that I was... Home?

Home.

That must be it.

But what did it mean?

What was it like?

Given his amnesia, all of his memories of home were corrupted at best, nonexistent at worst.

But the feeling...

Could you erase a feeling?

Conscious memories were easy to work with. The mind is very malleable, and even small things like emotions or bias can shift, corrupt, alter, and skew data.

But to be able to erase a basic instinct, a basic desire ingrained in the genetic code of one's species, in the most fundamental of processes...

Was it possible?

Was it truly possible to take away what made a person a person?

"..."

"I wish... I wish I had a home. That I belonged somewhere."

Was that what a home was?

Somewhere where you belonged?

... If so, then Lytrel had no home.

For he did not belong anywhere.

But he wanted to belong somewhere.

Probably not here, but maybe somewhere else?

He provably would never see his home universe again. But maybe he could go to a universe in the multiversal countryside, eke out a simple existence there?

He'd have to survive this tournament first though. And considering his rebellion against the Queen...

Such thoughts could come later though.

"You should probably introduce yourself to the staff here," Lytrel said to his mirror self. "Should I take you to them?"

• Upvote 1

IC: Eryard

... Why was a thinking in third person a while back?

That was odd.

Okay.

Now that's out of the way:

This reproduction of the Thornatus-AR handled so much better than the original. Sure it had a few issues starting up, but everything else about it?

It's like the difference between a striploin steak and a fillet mignon. They're both the same species of meat, sometimes they might even be from the same animal, but the eating experience? Totally different, yet still recognizable as thst particular variety of meat.

Anyways, analogy over. Point is: this was so much better than I expected it to be.

The blood was racing through me. The fight-or-flight response had kicked in.

For the first time in a long time, I felt alive.

Maybe I was even happy?

I wasn't sure.

Driving this thing, here and now... Let's just say there were mixed emotions going through me right now. This vehicle was bringing back memories of both the good times and the bad.

Three figures came into view in the distance (Irvine, Bundy, and Polyhydra). Squinting slightly to focus my eyes, I accelerated towards the group, finger hovering the thornax launcher's trigger...

IC: Sudrec

Sighing in relief, Sudrec walked his mech closer to Ross's before dropping back down to Insect Form.

"We should probably keep moving, maybe get into the town. Or is your Exosuit more suited for open areas?"

IC: Tomo

"100 bio (450 feet) reached, currently flying at 35 kio per hour..."

Adjusting her radar, Tomo noticed two objects (Baterra Nui and Heremus's Wrath) close by. Setting the radar lock to one of them (Virse), she waited for her HUD to get a lock on the target.

"Really need to upgrade the targeting systems..."

Finally the target she had selected on the radar became highlighted. Tomo gave a sarcastic "yay" followed by a yawn as she pulled the trigger, firing a anti-materiel level laser at Heremus's Wrath.

IC: Yoko

"Cover cover cover..."

Due to the small size of her powered armor, Yoko had thought it wise to get herself into the (abandoned) urban center. Flying into the streets of the town, she touched ground and cautiously paced down the road, sword drawn.

OOC: Eryard approaching Sesdec, Fishers, and Langmuir, Tomo attacking Virse, Yoko entering the town.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: "I'll look you up once the round ends." Kale said. "In return for the fight let me show you something special."

Kale settled in the middle of the hallway, hands at his sides, eyes closed, and breathing slowing to an even rhythm.

Slowly he settled into a crouch, one foot forward the other back. The hands followed the same pattern, one forward, the back. Both of them held like claws.

The area behind him became black as night as ambient light was drawn in.

A spot on the ground between the two flashed for a second before the head of a Kanohi Dragon seemed to raise from it.

It rose into the air curling around a serpentine neck. The eyes shone like gemstones, one blue and one red to match the scales that covered it's body. Flames licked the edges of it's mouth as if fighting to escape and burn the world around to cinders.

Kale's eyes opened and he looked at Kat.

"Shin Ryo: First Head."

The rahkshi had only a second to take the sight in before the head of the dragon shot across the intervening space and crushed her armor into the wall.

OOC: For the sake of clarification, the shape was made out of metal and all the fancy stuff like the colors and flames were light based illusions.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

GM IC: MIRROR LYTREL

The Lytrel from the mirror smirked, tapping his finger to his chin.

"Take me to the staff?" he repeated, half jokingly. "Hmm... nah. I don't believe they need to know. This can be our little secret, eh? I mean, nobody would believe either of us if we said where I came from anyway. Mirrors aren't sentient... and from what you've shared of this place, I think it might be fun to let the organizers scramble a little bit."

Ic Kat:

Oh, to be a Toa.

The gleaming creation was as beautiful as it was deadly. I was transfixed, in awe.

it's scales shifted from red to blue and grey in between. I'd never seen a Kanohi Dragon in person, and yet, here was one, small enough for me to pet it's glowing, shifting scales.

In that moment, I smiled.

"It's beautiful."

Then I knew no more.

OOC: Kat KO'd by Kale.

• Upvote 3

IC: "I would say I can do well in close quarters," Riss replied, bringing the Stratoaxer down and playing a quiet chord on it. "My sonic weapon would be pretty good close range, and this axe is strong enough that I don't need to worry about it getting bogged down!"

IC: "Ma'am, I think Ezezko is awake," Xaeraz said, indicating the toa with one hand. "Von Worten and Albrecht still seem to be out, but I'm assuming that's due in part to the mental strain they would have had to be under to help us get back."

IC: Halken selected a large piece from the pizzas, and gave it a cautious nibble. A nibble turned into a bite and a grunt of pleasure and surprise. He turned to Bajets and asked, "sister, how did you come across this...Ambrosia?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

"I guess I'll find a room for you then? Or do you want something to eat? Or maybe read a book? Or watch a video of the fights? Or work out? Or spar? Or... I dunno, there's a lot of stuff in this place.

IC: Sudrec

"Sounds good. I can provide fire support at range with my 30mm gun, or I can get in close with the tonfa." Sudrec's mech began crawling towards the buildings of the town.

Really brings back memories... After so much time sitting around and thinking, it feels good to be doing the heavy lifting like an Agori again.

Memories of the Core War came to his mind. He had fought on foot as a mercenary then, not as an enlisted pilot like he did 100000 years ago. But though the instruments of war may change, its essence never changes. No matter if he was on foot or in the relative safety of a mech, he would still feel the thrill of the fight.

"Now we just have to wait for the show to really start," he said to himself, having temporarily turned off his mic.

IC: Virse - Arena

Heremus' Wrath suddenly collapsed face-first into the sand despite Virse's best attempts to keep it upright. Warnings blared inside the small cockpit. Something had just blown a hole through one of the fragile legs. Almost on instinct, she slammed her hand down on a button, and the "Ravage of Time" whirled into shape. The dense sandstorm would obscure vision of her and her ally and give them a chance to recover.

Meanwhile, the "Creator's Touch" kicked in, and the slice was rapidly being repaired. Given a few minutes, the Wrath could be on its feet again.

The cockpit spun, kicking up sand as it dug into the ground. Her heat sensors picked up something big flying high above. By Velika's Cloak, how did they get something like that in the air? She had never expected an attack from above. She would have to curse later. Right now, she snapped into combat mentality. "We have incoming, five-o'-clock, maybe 70 bio up!" she snapped at her ally.

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena. 

"I see it," he'd moved out of the sandstorm in order to target the flying monstrosity. Raising the Baterra's hands, he unleashed twin laser blasts towards the airborne attacker. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC

I'm gonna have to retcon that strafe and fire maneuver with this post, Fishers. I had implied that Langmuir had both Sesdec and fishers in his field of vision, and there isn't any way he'd let her get behind him without reacting, sorry

IC Langmuir - Arena

Despite the gunner's assumption, I had not allowed it to get behind me. So it's cannon fire was deflected by a full strength repulsive field.

"We were speaking, you know..." I turn back towards the self proclaimed hero. "Your code of honor in the arena is admirable, Paper Toa. But this arena is not one of heroism, it is cheap entertainment." The elemental energy that had composed my prior swords had dissolved as I spoke, reforming behind me, primed to fire.

"But even so, I am sorry that this must end as so." Two of the blades fire at the paper machine. The third is directed at the open cockpit of the other fighter's machine. I am remain ready to move, fields ready to deploy.

...but close to it

IC: Kale looked sadly at the new crater in the wall. All he was doing was trying to survive the round and he had already killed somebody.

I should have just stayed cloaked and let her pass me by. Now not only have I "killed" another person but I but the people watching loved it.

His fist slammed into a nearby wall, burying itself in several inches and sending cracks spiderwebbing everywhere.

"Go to Karzahni, Host"

Several second later the corridor was empty and Kale was once again hidden from sight.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Tomo

Velika's Vision shook as the Baterra Nui's laser cannons struck its hull.

"Ouch... None of the flight systems were damaged, good..."

Tomo responded to her opponent's laser by firing off short, weak bursts of her own laser in a scattershot pattern. She had used a considerable amount of energy in that first shot; she probably could work on budgeting it a bit better.

"That sandstorm is odd though... Eh. I'll deal with this guy first."

IC: Eryard

The enemy combatants are coming into view. A very simplistic-looking bipedal assault vehicle engaging another vehicle of its mind with some sort of explosive launcher and...

"What the ."

Was that a giant piece of paper it was fighting?

What the actual ?

This place really was weird.

I wasn't close enough to really pick a target and ram it just yet, so I just fired indiscriminately with the Thornatus's force blasters.

OoC: Tomo engaging Puppet master, Eryard spraying at Fishers, Langmuir, and Sesdec.

IC: Virse - Arena

Virse stared at the readouts anxiously, just waiting for the moment to rise. The repairs couldn't be completed fast enough. She couldn't abandon her ally.

Not again.

The Wrath still had one more trick, and it was a good one. Virse struggled with the controls, trying to position the flying contraption on her screen. Fortunately, lying on her back was the perfect position to shoot a high target. The reticle lined up, and Virse squeezed the trigger of the "Cleansing Blaze". A searing stream of plasma launched from the muzzle, biting through the storm and through the air towards her attacker. Shards of glass sliced along beside it from her shield. The flying mech couldn't have seen it coming.

IC: Sesdec - Arena

So much of his focus had been diverted by maintaining the large construct, but now that it was a more manageable size, perhaps he could try something different. 'twould have to work if he wanted to live.

Sesdec braced his hands against the Polyhydra's skin before him and released the "Spark of Creativity." Outwardly, there was little change. But as the blades entered the paper, they slowed and stopped as if it had been thick protosteel. Sesdec slowly opened his eyes to find the points balanced before his chest. He let out a breath he didn't realize he had held, wincing as the blades scraped his armor with the small motion.

The Polyhydra spun, and the blades fell from its surface. Sesdec's eyes were steely and brave as he faced down his foe. "H-honor is n-not t-t-to b-be s-set aside f-f-for w-when 'tis n-needed m-m-most," he stammered, his soft voice filled with conviction.

Another combatant was moving in quickly, also with explosive shots of sorts. A few of the strangely shaped projectiles ricocheted around and burst around them. Perhaps his interests would be best served as a distraction. The Polyhydra crawled forth, its bulbous shape shifting to a long strand of paper bindings, which curled around to wrap the bladed mech's legs. 'Twould be difficult to avoid the shots of the others when their movements were halted.

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

He dived back towards the cover of the sandstorm, some of the laser blast still searing across the outer surface of his exo. He winced, feeling the burns as a dim echo of pain. An airborne machine in a mech round.... why had the idea never occurred to him?