BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Dayeth - Castle Fo Kuru.

She got unsteadily to her feet, eyeing the skakdi warily. "He told me...." she hesitated, making a note of how far away her axe was from where she currently stood, "....to kill you. But only when the time was right." 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kale Ironshaper- Engineering Department

IC: Kale took the prffered hand with an understanding nod.

"I try not to hand out death threats without good reason. Your reluctance to join in is more than understandable."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

My first response was to send this guy ... spider ... thing ... flying back to whatever hole he (it?) had come from. But it (he?) hadn't moved to attack us yet, so that seemed a little hasty. Honestly, we needed all the help that we could get.

"Hello, excuse me," I called out to the newcomer. "I hope this isn't an offensive question, but: are you a friendly zombie, or an enemy zombie?"

IC: Naokaz

IC:

Teacher had only a split-second to react to the first strike; with the fine-tuned reflexes of a seasoned warrior, her left forearm came up in a sweeping arc, making contact the enemy's counterpart of an appendage and pushing the attack aside. For a moment, the Glatorian was safe.

Then, the second strike.

Combat preparedness is one thing; superhuman reflexes are quite another. The cross sent Teacher sprawling to the ground, but she managed to twist her body to land on her side, moving her left arm so that its elbow and forearm would support her.

Muscles in her right leg screaming and the pain in her cheek turning her vision red, the warrior nonetheless shot a swift kick upwards with her right leg, aiming for her opponent's groin.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC-Severain (Bionifight facility, talking to Miril)

Severain tried not to chuckle at the comment made by the Toa. "Has nobody taught you that first impressions can be deceiving?" He said, retracting his wings. "But enough small-talk. I just need to know what exactly this quest is about."

IC-Fission (Outside Bionifight facility, hopelessly negotiating with Turbo Vixen)

Fission wasn't liking the tone of this machine. It almost sounded like she was sending him on a suicide mission. "I'll do it. one one condition..." He said, thinking of a way he could turn this conversation on it's head. "I'd like you to accompany me."

OOC

Hands up who thinks Fission's deal isn't going to work out.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Miril - Hallways.

The fact that this guy was continuing to demand things and talk down to me made it clear that his first impression of me was the same that most people had - weak, female, not worth respecting. 

"What this expedition is about, is finding these infinite gems that the Host lost when we crashed here," I explained, "Once we have enough people - three or four would probably be best - we'll start searching."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Salera ("Five-Knuckled Sal") - Coliseum

For a few seconds, Salera paused in her advancement, appearing to spend some time considering whether or not the other Toa's words had any truth to them. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, however, her legs gave out on her, sending the Vo-Toa to her knees.

The last thing she saw before her vision faded to black was her face rapidly approaching the ground.

OOC: Salera KO'd.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Feraz:

As he walked through the hallways, distractedly typing on FIDAT's keyboard, he had no idea where he was going and therefore did not notice that he was heading right towards Miril.

IC Therex:

Therex ran towards Hollis, endeavoring to show that he did not intend to attack.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: [Olari - Muaka's Den]

For a moment she was tempted to tell Virse to be careful. But she dislodged that notion from her mind. Of course Virse was going to be careful. She wasn't some headstrong lackwit, she was an intelligent being who's caution and good sense had already provided them with the means to scout out this facility. She didn't need to be reminded that she was probing a forcefield of unknown energy, purpose and intent, it was undoubtedly the first thing on her mind. Telling her to "be careful" was just distracting and mildly patronising. 

Instead Olari tried applying a magnetic field to the barely visible shield. Magnetism could warp electricity and trump gravity, it was possible she might be able to bend whatever energies the forcefield was made of, maybe make an opening or break it entirely. Force hadn't managed to penetrate it, flying in the face of her previous suggestion, maybe a modicum of intelligence would have more effect

IC: [Turbo Vixen - Bionifight Exterior]

The Slizer stopped flinging her disk about for a moment, idly turning it between the fingers of her one true arm as she considered the notion.

"Sounds fair. Means you aren't running back to any cultist overlord you may or may not be working for to ask permission for what information you can reveal. Trust but verify after all!"

IC: [Hollis - Sota Coliseum]

Hollis may not have known what a Glatorian was, assuming Therex was some strange looking Toa from a world where armour was something you wore rather than what you were made of, but he did recognise gestures of peace when he saw them.

"Well hello young fellow-me-lad. I don't have the kind of authority to accept a surrender, but I do have the wits about me to accept assistance if you're offering it."

IC: [Venga - Bionifight Hallways]

As if the echoing voices weren't clues enough, Severain's display of his electrical power provided a stunning visual signal to follow. It was like sending up a flare, it really was.

"Greetings!" Venga said, popping his head round the corner to face Miril and Severain, "I heard something about a quest and something about needing more people. I'd like to volunteer!"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

"Now that's more like it...." I remarked at the sight of the Rahkshi, pausing to shuffle aside as some idiot blundered into the wall I'd been leaning against, "And yes, you heard right. The Host apparently lost a whole heap of powerful gemstones when the facility went down, and I think it's high time someone went looking for them." 

I stepped forward, extending my hand towards the rahk, "I'm Miril. You are?" 

IC: Naokaz

The swift kick was parried by a downwards strike from Naokaz' hands, the Toa of Stone immediately moving to redirect the fallen Glatorian's attack away from her. She pressed the advantage, grabbing for Teacher's right foot with her left hand, while shooting a beam of laser from her right down at her opponent.

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Outside Muaka's Den.

While the others tried to get through the wall with brute force or elemental prowess, he took a different approach, reaching out with psionics and attempting to locate any minds that might be behind the wall. 

If his telepathy could get past the barrier, and he could find someone inside and make contact with them...

IC(Ismekne): A loud sound roared in her mind. Her hands clamped down fast over her ears. Are they doing experiments? She seemed to be alone.  She rolled over, dizzy. 

If the Puppetmaster could reach her, the only thing he would find was the impression that Ismekne's mind was damaged, and a chaos of images and loud roars. A hallway. Several hallways. Bright colors swirling about in a haze...

IC(Ganesh): Ganesh went back to his work on the machines, handing them to workers repairing the facility. He hoped that Kale had already gotten some hackers access to the mainframe and the chief engineer had been able to help. But Ganesh was not particularly interested in finding out more yet. 

He understood corrupt bosses who took more money than they gave. That was Xia. The Host was no different. And there were always people who fought against them and won or lost. Kale was no different. In this way, the Vortixx found himself at home. 

IC Feraz:

Feraz looked up. "Er, what did you say about gemstones?"

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kopen - Training Sector

;Kopen.;

;Kopen!;

There was little change as Kopen slowly rolled back into consciousness. She had no eyes to open. "What is it, Tenjou?" she replied groggily. She began pushing herself up off the hard floor, allowing the small motions to provide her sight. There was no sign of the Av-Toa, just her staff...

The previous day's events rushed back to her again. The despair of Tenjou's death. The exultation of her transformation. The impossibility of her elemental powers. She nearly lost her composure all over again, but instead she simply leaned down and picked up her staff... Tenjou. What is it, she repeated in her mind.

;You've been asleep for a long time.;

I thought I deserved a long nap.

;Oh, of course. But I've heard people talking outside...;

I hear it too. Something about... gemstones.

;It's those Infinity Gems. Someone needs to find them.;

Are you kidding me? I'm not going after another one of those things! Don't you know what the last one did to me?!

;...yes. I know, sister. But you cannot allow that to stop you. That was a powerful gem that even the Queen was afraid to retrieve.;

And you think this one will be better? There are Cultists out there! Cultists that nearly killed me before!

;You were a Matoran then. Now, you are a Toa. You can't stay in here and shoot at targets all day.;

I can't even manage that much...

But Kopen's legs were already dragging her towards the voices, and by the time she had decided she was not going, she was already in sight of Miril. It was too late to turn back now. "H-hi, I'm... Toa Kopen."

;Be brave, sister.;

IC: Virse - The Spine

So far, so good. The field had very little, if any, range of effect. At least, she wasn't dead yet.

Though she knew it was a terrible idea, the urge to just walk right up and place a hand on the field was growing. Instead, she knelt down to pick up a loose stone. Most attacks should be revealed by physical contact, though the stone was a poor substitute for flesh and armor. She tossed it up and down for a moment, testing its weight, before hurling it with all her strength towards the field. She quickly found cover in case it was a repulsive field.

But a secondary test could be far more useful. If she was going to patrol the field as sand, she would need to know that she would be safe in that form. Organics and metal would be of little consequence then. Following the stone, she sent a small, concentrated sand blast towards the field, watching for any crystallization.

IC: Lady Dajik - Castle fo Kuru

She had seen much of this place, though no other Cultists had found occasion to greet her. Either word traveled quickly around here, or their security needed some shaping up.

But, in a castle drowning in fear toxins, who needed security. Though the Lady Dajik did her best to stay strong, it was only a matter of time before the horrors of the halls drove her back towards the dining room they had first met in. The Herald and his... second were nowhere to be seen, and so she took a seat to wait for them to return with orders.

OOC: Lady Dajik open to interaction.

GM IC: The Gate Guardian chittered at Antiro, before making a tiny kick towards him. The much larger, invisible Gate Guardian, hiding behind its tiny projection, made an identical kick, rushing through the air and right for the le-toa.

GM IC: Zombie Intavus squealed in horror as his stick hat fell off

IC: "If I'm not wrong, it's a Keetongu," Xaeraz said, his armblades slowly extending. "Can absorb attacks, then send them back at the attacker, cure poison and venom, and shared a homeland with Tahtorahks. If I'm right."

IC: Venix popped up behind Venga, waving two arms because she had totally come along while her RPer screwed up on posting again.

"Hi! Venix! Silence shadow kraata, shotguns, and flight!"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Thak:

What a load this Toa was!

Even so, Thak had beaten Magnetism users before. Granted, all of them had been matoran, and this Toa's powers were much more powerful. Even so, he had to be running low. Stopping a hail of bullets with one magnetic field was no mean feat, by any standard.

He felt the same trickling magnetic force from Casanuva's palm apllying itelf to his head. Well, he certainly wasn't gonna let -that- happen.

Big Bertha was at the ready, already pointed at the Fa-Toa's chest, and with Casanuva pulling back for a punch, there'd be no way he'd be able to react in time to stop this one.

Thak grinned.

Nothin' fancy. Center of mass. Big round ball of iron, the size of Thak's impressively handsome head. (and not pretty handsome, either. We're talking stereotypical lumberjack ruggedness here.) spiked, to make it more effective. Not too fast, though. After all, Thak had only just met the Toa. He might be the sort he'd like to share a drink with some time. Maybe. In any case, he certainly didn't want to kill him.

A whole lot of Iron headed right at Casanuva's torso.

Edited by Chumpu

"Okay, I think that's enough people," I grinned at the sight of the Av-Toa and multi-limbed Rahkshi. Those two looked like they'd definitely be of use. "Now, I think we ought to discuss where to begin our search." 

IC: Scriva - Sota Coliseum. 

Seeing Sal vanish, Scriva jumped back with a yelp. She clutched her knife in shaking hands and pressed herself up against a wall, eyes sweeping the darkened arena. 

IC: Casanuva (Sota Colosseum)

The iron ball caught Casanuva by surprise, sending him flying back, breaking his concentration. The Fa-Toa groaned. He rolled over, slamming the ground with his fist. Clambering to his feet, he surveyed the colosseum.

Edited by Necrocybermancer

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Kopen - Hallways

Kopen took the opportunity to look over the others gathered around her. Mostly Toa and... Rahkshi. And not just any Rahkshi... did that one have four arms? Kopen held her staff closer and resisted the urge to strike.

;Easy, sister. They are not here to hurt you.;

Yeah? Neither was the one that blinded me!

;...perhaps.;

What do you mean?

;Kopen, you were always an Av-Matoran. Imagine what that could do to the Makuta.;

The... Rahkshi was sent to... kill me?

;It's a possibility. But these Rahkshi are here to help you. They may not even be servants of Makuta in their home universes.;

IC: Virse - The Spine

There was nothing. No sparks, no burning, no rebounding. It seemed her caution was wasted here.

"The field seems to have no harmful effects," Virse called back to the others. "I am going to approach."

She walked towards the wall, one hesitant step after another. Her mask flashed, and Virse began cascading downwards into a pile of sand, which continued her approach. Her mind flashed through all the possibilities a rock could not tell her. A psionic field, or something activated only by sentient minds. For all she knew, she would die the moment she touched the shield.

The sand paused, and a few tiny grains of sand spilled out to press against the field. The rest of her waited breathlessly for whatever was about to happen.

Nothing. No pain, mental or physical. Virse breathed out a sigh of relief and spread the sand that made up her body. The grains pressed at every place they could reach, searching for the smallest seam in the field.

IC: Lady Dajik - Castle fo Kuru

Her pistol was in her hand in a moment, and she cursed herself for not priming it beforehand. Fortunately, it seemed this Toa was not here to attack her. "You could say that," she replied nonchalantly as she slipped the gun back into its holster. Her hand never left the weapon, just in case she did need it.

IC: Berekzo - Sota Coliseum

It seemed its attack had worked, and the lightning Toa was gone with minimal injuries. The first time it had watched an enemy disappear it had been shocked, but now it knew they were simply being returned to the prison.

The writing Toa seemed to lack that knowledge. It could see the fear and incomprehension in her every motion. Berekzo slowly drifted over to her, its strange face twisted into what might be called a sympathetic smile. Then it did something it hadn't done for a long time. It spoke in an ancient and powerful voice. "Friend... safe," it rasped. "Apologize."

IC: [Venga - Hallway]

The strong right arm of Icarax, scourge of the citadels of the north, king of crabs had been about to answer with his name when Venix came up out of nowhere and managed to beat him to it.

"Now you now Venix, I am Venga, adaption Rahkshi of the seventh level. I wield the blade known as Diretooth the Dread. I also wish to add that my compatriot and I are specifically interested in any gem that might let us communicate through dimensions, allowing us to maintain in contact once we return home. Should we find such a gem then, in the shortest terms I can put it, I call dibs. Though I will be happy to help you retrieve other gems if your need for shiny things is left unsatisfied by this."

"H-hi, I'm... Toa Kopen."

The mere presence of a Toa of light was enough to kickstart a few changes in Venga's physiology. Av-Toa were anathema to shadows like him, his powers reacting to her as they would poison in the air. The colours of his armour started becoming lighter; blacks becoming grey and purples becoming pinkish, a crude attempt at reflection as the armour itself became thicker and denser to make it harder to burn through. Lenses of black filmed over his eyes, designed to stop bright flares and flashes from blinding him. They were minor defences, since there was no real threat to deal with, but ones that might buy him a second or two to adapt better should combat break out. An unlikely possibility, but it wasn't like he could tell his power that. 

"Grey One, we seem to be picking up more people by the second simply standing here. If you want suggestions where to start, I would suggest the Wilted Forest. The Cliffs will be full of undead, the Spine full of traps, the Field have that mist, and the City hits you with hallucinations hard for any of us to fight. The Forest is merely disgusting, the less lethal of the options. As we've never worked as a team like this before it would be a good idea to cut our teeth on somewhere that isn't going to instantly kill us as much as anywhere else."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Feraz:

Hearing teh bit about multi-dimensions, Feraz turned to Venga. "Oh, we mastered that tech ages ago", he bragged, "You don't need a Gem for that."

The writing Toa seemed to lack that knowledge. It could see the fear and incomprehension in her every motion. Berekzo slowly drifted over to her, its strange face twisted into what might be called a sympathetic smile. Then it did something it hadn't done for a long time. It spoke in an ancient and powerful voice. "Friend... safe," it rasped. "Apologize."

"Um.... okay...." she wasn't entirely sure what the creature meant, but it seemed to be trying to reassure her.

IC: [Venga - Hallway]

"Grey One, we seem to be picking up more people by the second simply standing here. If you want suggestions where to start, I would suggest the Wilted Forest. The Cliffs will be full of undead, the Spine full of traps, the Field have that mist, and the City hits you with hallucinations hard for any of us to fight. The Forest is merely disgusting, the less lethal of the options. As we've never worked as a team like this before it would be a good idea to cut our teeth on somewhere that isn't going to instantly kill us as much as anywhere else."

"I like the way you think," I nodded in agreement with the Rahkshi's suggestion. "I would suggest you all gather up whatever supplies you think you might need, and we'll meet up on the edge of the forest?" 

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU

WITH DAYETH

The Skakdi did not seem angry or surprised to hear the words, merely nodding as though Dayeth had confirmed something he had long suspected.

"Then let us go," he said, walking over to the door. "I shall take you to my laboratory... and tell you everything that you need to know."

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR

WITH A.D. / DIO FOLLE

The Skakdi paused beside the opening, fingers twitching.

"What is your name?" he asked, turning towards A.D.

GM IC: DREISEN - THE SPINE

WITH XAERAZ / ZELNOS / DAEDALUS / VAGUST

"Nope," Dreisen muttered, shaking his head. "Screw this. New plan: we all jump down onto that stronghold down there, get that thing to follow us, let it rampage, let the Cultists deal with it, and we'll pillage however we please."

"Okay, then...." that had been unexpected. She quickly gathered up her things and followed the skakdi. 

GM IC: DREISEN - THE SPINE

WITH XAERAZ / VAGUST / ZELNOS / DAEDALUS

"I think we might already have its attention, to be quite honest."

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU

WITH DAYETH

They were in the castle halls for only a few seconds before a hidden doorway slid open to their right and Maeus stepped inside. It was a stairwell heading straight down in a spiral, and the darkness within was suffocating.

"So.... does Pelko have something against his followers using interior lighting?" Dayeth grumbled as they descended, treading carefully to avoid tripping down the stairs. "How many cultists have been injured from falling over or bumping into things in the dark?" 

IC: Kopen - Hallways

"The forest is full of quicksand and poison," Kopen pointed out. "And no matter where we go, there will be Cultists. Just... don't expect it to be 'merely disgusting.'"

Kopen thought it over for a moment before hesitantly offering, "I... think I'd rather go to the City." She gestured to the band of cloth covering what should have been her eyes. "Ears are much harder to fool than eyes, and I have yet to find a hallucination that I can't see through." 

Except... on the Queen's Quest. With the Mind Gem.

;The Queen said that was one of the more powerful gems. I'm sure you won't run into something like that again.;

It nodded, somehow confident that its words were understood and useful. "Fight now," it said, turning back to the battle at hand and taking to the air again.

IC Feraz

Feraz said, attempting to make himself heard, "Yeah, what the Matoran said. Room for two more?"

"Okay, you two as well," I was too busy thinking over the Av-Toa's words to argue with the two newcomers, "While I appreciate what you're saying, the rest of us don't have that... advantage. I mean, look at it this way: if you get in trouble in the forest, we can all help you, but if we get stuck in the city, you probably won't be able to help all of us." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Okay..." she took a deep breath and steadied herself, before moving back out into the open...

IC Oinez / Hallways

Lack of welcoming welcomes were not so unwelcoming for him. He didn't mind it, truth be told, he was just bloody bored to tears. The actual finding the gem stuff wasn't that big a deal, it was all about the journey, not the destination, right? Instead he quickly assessed his new teammates. Some Toa, a squishy or two and some Rahkshi.

IC No Name / Sota Games

Where was everyone?

IC Serena / Containment Center

"Snene-san!" She greeted the Makuta with a smile and quick curtsy kind of thing, I think. She considered asking about what happened to that lightning loser, but thought better of it. "That sounds fun, it's been awfully dull here. Got anyone else that'll help?"

...but close to it