BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

Just officially submitted mine after posting it days ago. I could see myself forgetting completely and missing out on taking part entirely! My Oohnorak, for anyone who hasn't seen it, is HERE!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Nearly done with mine.
I like the entries so far, I'm not sure how mine will fare alongside them, but I'm hoping people like it.

I don't have nearly enough of the right color parts to create Jaller, so for this, he'll be a Matoran/Whatever you call Okoto villagers. Okotans?

Nearly done with mine.

I like the entries so far, I'm not sure how mine will fare alongside them, but I'm hoping people like it.

I don't have nearly enough of the right color parts to create Jaller, so for this, he'll be a Matoran/Whatever you call Okoto villagers. Okotans?

Hey! I already did jaller!

my god when did we get this handy dandy new form submission thingy

heres the topic for my entry, but since according to the form the topic is optional and isnt required, are we allowed to like, put something else there? for future reference, would i be allowed to use a tumblr post or something for that url? or does it at least have to be a bzp topic

Edited by Caesar Zeppeli

bionicle is trans culture

Haven't seen any Inika rebuilds, so I decided to do one myself and enter it in the contest. Link to topic if anyone's curious.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I've seen some other post their entires in this topic, too, so even though it is a couple days late here is my entry, in case anybody wants to see/critique it: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17277-bbc-69-entry-toa-nuju-hordika/

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Out of curiosity, is there an old skool bionicle to ccbs constraction ratio? The character I want to make doesnt have his primary color readily available in ccbs. The understructure and most of the armor will be modern ccbs, but with some old skool parts attached to make up for the odd color...

Bionicle, Technic, and CCBS all fall under the 75% minimum heading.

How "Gen 2" does it have to look? Would using a moderate amount of Gen 1 pieces be a crime? :P

That would be alright.

Not specific to just the contest, but legal building as a whole, are we allowed to remove printings from parts?

I'm curious because if pieces came with stickers instead, like Onua's chest, but we didn't put them on, are we allowed to take the printing off another Toa's chest?

That would be okay.

Interesting. So just curious, how does removing a chest printing differ from painting a part? I would have thought they'd be on the same level.

It's related to damaged pieces being permitted, as pieces might lose their printing for whatever reason.

So. If Rahi are allowed, then does the whole Gen 1 of 2001 really apply? Cause then where would the Exo-Toa fall in?

As mentioned in the opening post, all of Generation 1, from 2000 to 2010, is open.

Do we have to build the full character, or is something that's just a head or a bust constructed from CCBS parts allowed?

Please build a full figure.

Can we make something if someone else has already made it and entered it in the contest?

There's no limit to how many people can build the same character, no.

heres the topic for my entry, but since according to the form the topic is optional and isnt required, are we allowed to like, put something else there? for future reference, would i be allowed to use a tumblr post or something for that url? or does it at least have to be a bzp topic

BZPower topics only, please.
  • Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

i take it that also excludes bzp blog posts then too?

bionicle is trans culture

Out of curiosity, is there an old skool bionicle to ccbs constraction ratio? The character I want to make doesnt have his primary color readily available in ccbs. The understructure and most of the armor will be modern ccbs, but with some old skool parts attached to make up for the odd color...

To be honest, that pretty much destroy the contest because the contest is to "build a Generation 1 (2000-2010) character in the style of Generation 2 (2015)" so adding bionicle and technic as the 75% defeats the purpose (even when the MOC have 0% Hero Factory pieces).

Because the logic of this contest it would be more of calling it a revamp contest then a G2 contest.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 2

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

i take it that also excludes bzp blog posts then too?

Yes.

To be honest, that pretty much destroy the contest because the contest is to "build a Generation 1 (2000-2010) character in the style of Generation 2 (2015)" so adding bionicle and technic as the 75% defeats the purpose (even when the MOC have 0% Hero Factory pieces).

While constraction elements are an obvious immediate match for the look of 2015 Bionicle, that doesn't mean older pieces are useless. Having access to a wide variety of pieces only increases your options; it doesn't "destroy" anything.
  • Upvote 4

@ShadowWolfHunt: Taking into consideration that LoSS, you know, exists, it's not like the reboot is all CCBS all the time without exception. As long as it fits the contest theme, there shouldn't be any need to restrict what constraction parts can be used.

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 4

AXKP5KC.png

Yes but if you think of this logicly, with LoSS, he still had the Hero Factory piece and while MOC entry like Exo-Toa and Oohnorak Revamp don't have any HF pieces, in fact they are more of revamp instead of G2.

It make sense to have an limit to Bionicle and Technic.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Yes but if you think of this logicly, with LoSS, he still had the Hero Factory piece and while MOC entry like Exo-Toa and Oohnorak Revamp don't have any HF pieces, in fact they are more of revamp instead of G2.

It make sense to have an limit to Bionicle and Technic.

The irony of making a rule in a Bionicle contest that certain Bionicle pieces are insufficiently Bionicle is simply too much for this world. Dictating extremely specific piece usage isn't something I've ever been interested in.

If you think a MOC doesn't fit the theme, don't vote for it in the polls. "Calling out" entries like this, however, is verging on poor conduct. This isn't up for debate.

• Upvote 6

I'm not talking about certain bionicle pieces, I'm talking about the amount of pieces like with the LEGO parts.

Also those two MOCs  I wasn't really calling them out, I was using them as examples to bring up a print to what I'm talking about.

Question: I already submitted my entry (topic link in my signature), but the entry picture I chose has the Protector of Jungle in it. The PoJ is not part of the MOC, and is just there to show off its main feature.

Will my entry be disqualified because of this?

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Because the logic of this contest it would be more of calling it a revamp contest then a G2 contest.

If people can use strictly Gen1 pieces and still end up with something that looks Gen 2 then that's a successful entry. If it doesn't look Gen 2 then it likely won't receive a high amount of votes but this will be true even if an entry uses 100% CCBS parts. If it doesn't feel like Gen 2 it won't score well, regardless of the parts ratio used in it's construction...

Question: I already submitted my entry (topic link in my signature), but the entry picture I chose has the Protector of Jungle in it. The PoJ is not part of the MOC, and is just there to show off its main feature.

I wanted to ask this as well actually. My submission pic is just of the MoC itself but I used some others in it's topic that include a protector and it's Gen 1 counterpart. I think the countreparts have already been okayed but I'd be interested to hear the verdict on other sets for the purpose of pics...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I noticed in the entry list that the links to my entry photo and topic do not work, is there anyway I can get that fixed?

here is the topic link:http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17335-bbc-69-heat-vision-rahkshi/

and here is the entry photo:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lupa/heatvisionrahkshi/dsc_0100.jpg

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Wow, I read the contest description totally wrong. I read 2000-2001, not 2010. That changes everything. I'm going to keep working on my Exo-Toa, and probably throw in another MOC, maybe two. 

Question. Do all the entries have to be in one group shot? what if you have three, but the four requires pieces from another due to lack of pieces? 

Edited by DanielBrickSon
  • Upvote 1

No.

Sorry for this dumb question,but are G1 Masks and pieces allowed?

Yes.

Sorry, I was kinda confused. Are we allowed to use the parts from Hero-factory, since those are also used in the new Bionicle sets? Also, can we use parts from Gen 1 Bionicles? This is my first contest, so please excuse any dumb questions. :P

Yes and yes.

Wow, I read the contest description totally wrong. I read 2000-2001, not 2010. That changes everything. I'm going to keep working on my Exo-Toa, and probably throw in another MOC, maybe two. 

Question. Do all the entries have to be in one group shot? what if you have three, but the four requires pieces from another due to lack of pieces?

If it's not in your entry picture, it's not going to be seen in the polls. Please make sure everything is shown in your entry picture.

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Been brainstorming how to update Nocturn and just not coming up with much. Even picked up Lewa and the Protector of Jungle this morning hoping that they might help, but the greens are too different.

In general, I feel my paltry supply of CCBS might be cutting me out. Just can't think of anybody to update to my satisfaction with what I've got. Totally gonna keep at it, but tis not as easy as I had hoped.

But the nostalgia trip from seeing other entries roll in has been pretty enjoyable.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Been brainstorming how to update Nocturn and just not coming up with much. Even picked up Lewa and the Protector of Jungle this morning hoping that they might help, but the greens are too different.In general, I feel my paltry supply of CCBS might be cutting me out. Just can't think of anybody to update to my satisfaction with what I've got. Totally gonna keep at it, but tis not as easy as I had hoped.But the nostalgia trip from seeing other entries roll in has been pretty enjoyable.~|ET|~

Hm... If you have any of the Breez sets, or Toxic Reapa from Breakout, then they might be a good bet for Nocturn pieces

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Been brainstorming how to update Nocturn and just not coming up with much. Even picked up Lewa and the Protector of Jungle this morning hoping that they might help, but the greens are too different.

Hmm. For Nocturn, you really need Speeda Demon lime. Unfortunately that set is expensive. You might want to try Bricklink. 

Edited by fishers64

Hm... If you have any of the Breez sets, or Toxic Reapa from Breakout, then they might be a good bet for Nocturn pieces

Hmm. For Nocturn, you really need Speeda Demon lime. Unfortunately that set is expensive. You might want to try Bricklink.

Yeah, being someone who didn't collect Hero Factory made this a little challenging. :P Don't think a Bricklink order would get here fast enough either, probably.

Fortunately, I did get inspired by the other colors in the sets I picked up today, so... Looks like I may have an entry after all. Man, I have not MOCed in years! It feels great!

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."