BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

And like The~1st~Shadow said, many entries are buggy right now, and getting hold of the people with wonky entries isn't the easiest task

The best course of action, in a case like that, is to just say that if the participants don't provide good links, then they don't participate. There's no guarantee that they would be able to respond to the problem any time soon (since some members only ever get on here once a month :P ), so why wait? Just my take on it. :shrugs: True, it wouldn't be fair to them if they put so much work into an entry just to have it thrown away without a second thought, but like you said, getting a hold of them all isn't easy. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Hewkii's fingers are crossed,

Too bad he only has one hand to cross them with.

He has two and a Kohlii stick.

Oh, sorry you're the one who remade Hewkii as a Matoran. I thought you were the one who remade Hewkii Mahri. xD

Yes, Matoran Hewkii was my contest entry...I then made a Toa Hewkii meant to actually bear resemblance to Matoran Hewkii, but that wasn't a contest entry, so it's irrelevant, oh well.

I wonder if the voting has been pushed back due to unforeseen circumstances and they just haven't had the time to let us know.

It happens to frequently though. Cmon mods...

True, it seems like voting is never posted on time in a BBCC. 

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Please be patient. Once the polls are up, the voting schedule is likely to be adjusted accordingly.

Is there a predicted date for when the polls will be put up, or will it just be when it happens, it happens?

I'm inclined to think the latter, but none of our test subjects actually survived. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Please be patient. Once the polls are up, the voting schedule is likely to be adjusted accordingly.

Is there a predicted date for when the polls will be put up, or will it just be when it happens, it happens?

I'm inclined to think the latter, but none of our test subjects actually survived.
I don't even understand what that means lol

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

While it's great that there are MOCs from so many new members to BZP, the one small downside is that there are now a lot of members participating who are unfamiliar with the process of BBC Contest voting generally being ... stately.

~B~

• Upvote 3

Maybe not but it was funny. I really needed that laugh Bone Snatcher. Thank you :D.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Maybe not but it was funny. I really needed that laugh Bone Snatcher. Thank you :D.

Np, lol. It was a line from that 2008 Hulk movie, if anyone was JW.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Once the polls are put up, I think an explanation as to why the polls were heavily delayed would be appreciated.

Well, if it's a personal reason I don't think an explanation is needed, per se

We just have to trust that the mods have the right intentions :)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Once the polls are put up, I think an explanation as to why the polls were heavily delayed would be appreciated.

Well, if it's a personal reason I don't think an explanation is needed, per se

We just have to trust that the mods have the right intentions :)

I was thinking more along the lines of like a more general explanation, like "Oh, I got sick, sorry for the delay", not going into specifics, like detailing what they came down with and how severe it was, etc. I would just rather them address it than seemingly ignore the issue. But maybe that's just me.

• Upvote 2

bzpsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think its been abandoned. 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's certainly an astute guess when the contest host has indicated otherwise three posts above yours.

~B~

It cant be. There was too much planing in this to be abandoned. I mean, think about how their personal life is affecting this?

:r: :e: :n: :z: :a: :r: :i:

At this point, I'm a lot less annoyed with myself that I forgot to enter. Waiting to vote on entries that aren't mine is one thing...

Surely there isn't any other BZP staff that could put a poll together? Or even a non-staff member putting it together for a staff member to proofread and separate into separate polls? 3 weeks is a long time....

• Upvote 4

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

That's certainly an astute guess when the contest host has indicated otherwise three posts above yours.

~B~

Sorry to make you mad.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's been said before and it apparenty has to be said again: have faith in our mods! We can't expect them to be at our beck and call every second of the day, and any personal matters that may be affecting their time on the forums is certainly none of our business

We all just need to take a breather and relax; don't sweat the small stuff, it's just a contest :)

• Upvote 5

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

~B~

It does seem odd though that none of the other mods have been asked/offered to step in to help while Tufi is clearly going through something very serious in the real world. I'd suggest that whatever it is, she'd probably benefit from someone taking the torch from her and at least posting up some prelim polls. She's managed to post once in 3 weeks so is clearly going through some pretty serious stuff. I'd suggest the last thing she'll want to do once it resolves itself is immediately rush back here and put together dozens of polls singlehandedly. The reason we have a TEAM of mods here and not just one is because clearly one person can't do everything on their own. I'd say this would be a good time for another mod to step in and lend a hand if ever there was one.  ^_^

• Upvote 4

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

The original post remains accurate, plus the fact I've been out of town for the past few days. The polls will be up in the next couple of days. Wild speculation will not make them arrive any faster. Thanks to all who have been considerate.

• Upvote 7
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!