Lhikan: Guardian of Fire (BBC 69)

Well in truth "Any" Fire Toa is going to look somewhat like 2015 Tahu right now due to limited parts capabilities. Even if he used a different golden mask it would just look like Tahu with a different mask. This is likely true of any Toa of  Element  someone tries to make... I do have a question... why are all the pics sideways?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Thanks for all the replies! 

Yes, it just "looks like an alternate Tahu". But what can he do? The new Tahu looks like Lhikan enough as it is, so my only recommendation is to use dark red shells, if you can. Apart from that, I'd say it's good for a Lhikan creation.

I think if you were going for Lhikan, you should have at least used dark red shells. Right now it just looks like a powered up tahu.

I was only using pieces I already have- and I don't have any dark red shells. Either way, the 3M shells and armour add-ons I used for the forearms don't come in dark red, and neither do the 6M shells used for the thigh armour.

Could've at least given him a different mask and weapons. Maybe given him a few more gold pieces, I dunno.

I built Lhikan specifically because of Tahu's new swords' resemblance to Lhikan's Fire Greatswords. So a weapon change is not an option. As for the mask, none of the other 2015 masks bear a resemblance to any form of the Hau, and the only other Warm Gold masks are the Stars Hau and the Olmak.

I do have a question... why are all the pics sideways?

That's just you. If they are sideways, that should only be in the Brickshelf gallery. When you go straight to the pictures, they should all be portrait.

VBWj75sh.png

Hm, this is interesting to say the least. I have to agree with others that although it looks good, it looks too much like Lhikan. You're a great builder and I think that even if you have a limited parts bin (believe me, I know how hard it is! :( ), I think you can improvise. Try giving him a different aesthetic and style that differs from Tahu. Think to his original set for representations, character, bios in order to get a clear idea of how you want to represent him. He should be distinct in appearance, and anyone should be able to look at it and say that it looks like Lhikan without seeing any titles or descriptions. And I wouldn't limit myself to CCBS. Try other pieces to get a different aesthetic.

Anyways, to say the least I appreciate your eye for shaping on the shoulders. This is a very interesting contest, because you have to somehow make a character that looked one way, look a certain different one, while still ringing true to the old. If you can manage that, I believe you have the skill to make an awesome Lhikan!

• Upvote 2

The biggest problem with this is the colour scheme; Lhikan was gold, black, and DARK red. Sorry but it doesn't look like Lhikan to me.

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Okay this is just Tahu with more armor, it would had been better if you had change it with Dark Red or if you don't have Dark Red HF parts, then change it with a different character like Matoro, Whenua or Ackar, they maybe better. ideas.

Also there only one thing I really don't like about the MOC and that is the lower legs (like Kopaka) they are just really odd looking.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The biggest problem with this is the colour scheme; Lhikan was gold, black, and DARK red. Sorry but it doesn't look like Lhikan to me.

Sorry, but CCBS hasn't made much Dark red pieces. So don't complain...

The 2.0 torso piece and the medium sized shells were released in dark red; that should be enough to work with.

• Upvote 2

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Hi Tahu! Lol jk

Maybe add some more black/ darkred? Narrower shoulders? less armor?

Ironically, new Tahu looks exactly how Lhikan would, so I can't really say anything against that. :P

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***