Malum

Nescent

Two things; I thought you couldn't enter a preexisting MOC into the contest, and I think posting it before deciding to enter counts as preexisting. Secondly, wow. This actually looks like a real set. It's a shame Malum's chest is Metru red and keetorange and not that CCBS/Mata red and keetorange. Still, it really looks like it could be a set. Does it have a gearbox?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Two things; I thought you couldn't enter a preexisting MOC into the contest, and I think posting it before deciding to enter counts as preexisting. Secondly, wow. This actually looks like a real set. It's a shame Malum's chest is Metru red and keetorange and not that CCBS/Mata red and keetorange. Still, it really looks like it could be a set. Does it have a gearbox?

You're allowed to post a topic before entering it, and I did make it for the contest. He does have a gearbox, which rotates both arms.

I actually like the dark red chest plate, I think if it matched the mask there would be too much bright red. It is a shame there aren't any dark red parts to work with in the new sets.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

The way you made Malum's claws are nothing short of brilliant. The whole build evokes a menacing and imposing feeling, and certainly gives homage to the source material. The only thing I would remove would be the 2015 launcher, it looks a little out of place, kinda making it look like the protector of fire is wearing a Malum suit. Otherwise this is the best entry I've seen so far, good luck in the contest! 

bzpsig.jpg

The way you made Malum's claws are nothing short of brilliant. The whole build evokes a menacing and imposing feeling, and certainly gives homage to the source material. The only thing I would remove would be the 2015 launcher, it looks a little out of place, kinda making it look like the protector of fire is wearing a Malum suit. Otherwise this is the best entry I've seen so far, good luck in the contest! 

Glad you like it! I included the shoulder-mounted launcher in place of the Thornax Launcher, which is attached to Malum's right arm.

The claws were actually the part that inspired the whole remake, I just thought those fire pieces would work really well as his claws and look like Gen 2 at the same time.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

I have no idea who this guy is... That doesn't mean I don't like what I am seeing... This is a very nice MOC, though seeing as who created it, that I no surprise either, lol.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

One thing, the mask isnt the best for malum, thats just my thought, though, to fit in with gen 2 for da mask, you couldnt do any better

And one more thing, to fit in with new style, you need red axles sticking out everywhere, you got da blue dough.

Edited by Dragon11603

wow... I am even more impressed now that I see the original... If I may, was there actually no way to incorporate the blaster into his upper arm instead of over his shoulder? That and maybe getting them red shoulder deals could make this near perfect.... Also if you have a Tahu, his Lower shin armor would work better I think than the silver ones you selected.

P.S. good choice on the use of the PoF mask as the original had a red mask with yellow flame tips...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

One thing, the mask isnt the best for malum, thats just my thought, though, to fit in with gen 2 for da mask, you couldnt do any better

It was either this or Malum's helmet, and I don't own Malum's helmet. Regardless, I probably would choose the PoF's mask, I think it fits best.

wow... I am even more impressed now that I see the original... If I may, was there actually no way to incorporate the blaster into his upper arm instead of over his shoulder? That and maybe getting them red shoulder deals could make this near perfect.... Also if you have a Tahu, his Lower shin armor would work better I think than the silver ones you selected.

P.S. good choice on the use of the PoF mask as the original had a red mask with yellow flame tips...

I wanted to attach it to the arm, but it would have been complicated/ugly. This was the most practical solution.

Are you referring to Tahu's gold armor decor for his knees? I decided to not use any gold since I don't think it is fitting for Malum's character.

IetTsFQ.png

You're allowed to post a topic before entering it, and I did make it for the contest. He does have a gearbox, which rotates both arms.

I actually like the dark red chest plate, I think if it matched the mask there would be too much bright red. It is a shame there aren't any dark red parts to work with in the new sets.

That means you can post your topic shortly before submitting that same MOC. It doesn't mean you can post a bunch for selection and decide on one to submit later. If you want to enter it, you have to enter now.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

No I was referring to the red chest-parts for Tahu's legs. They allow for armor coverage while also keeping with the fully red legs the original Malum has. Though maybe they could be placed over his shoulders as well depending on one's preference. While nothing you can really do about the Silver feet, I don't see how if you have Tahu, his Leg design couldn't work even better for Malum...

Onua.png

That means you can post your topic shortly before submitting that same MOC. It doesn't mean you can post a bunch for selection and decide on one to submit later. If you want to enter it, you have to enter now.

Thank you for telling me, I'll just do some more remakes for fun then.

No I was referring to the red chest-parts for Tahu's legs. They allow for armor coverage while also keeping with the fully red legs the original Malum has. Though maybe they could be placed over his shoulders as well depending on one's preference. While nothing you can really do about the Silver feet, I don't see how if you have Tahu, his Leg design couldn't work even better for Malum...

Ah, right. I actually considered both of those (putting them on the legs/shoulders), but they would have been too large for shoulder armor, and his legs are probably too short to use them. As for the feet, I thought about using his old dark red ones, but these match the color scheme better I think (mostly because of the silver claws).

IetTsFQ.png

Love it. The hands are absolutely beautifully constructed. They capture Malum's signature claw design intricately through a use of smaller pieces. Excellent design. I really like the take on the modern gearbox design. My only gripe is the use of the Protector Mask - I feel like it would have been more effective to just reuse Malum's helment, especially when the torso armor is taken from G1.

Overall, a really solid entry!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Update: Added gear function video.

Hopefully we'll see some more of the revamped Glatorian in the contest!

I hope so too! They were some of the most artistic and diverse sets, I definitely hope to see more renditions.

My only gripe is the use of the Protector Mask - I feel like it would have been more effective to just reuse Malum's helment, especially when the torso armor is taken from G1.

I wish I had Malum's helmet, I'd like to see how well it fits. One of the main reasons I went with the PoF's mask is the size; all of the G2 masks make his body look small, whereas the Protector's fits nicely.

IetTsFQ.png

Not sure why all the hate for the PoF's mask? I mean the inspired set for this MOC had a red mask with yellow tips... While the original mask would be cool, this works equally as well.

Onua.png

This is an excellent use of CCBS plus Technic. I am blown away by how good it all works! Protector of Fire's mask works great on it, though I am curious to see what the trans-orange Hau looks like too.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I added some more photos to the OP!

Not sure why all the hate for the PoF's mask? I mean the inspired set for this MOC had a red mask with yellow tips... While the original mask would be cool, this works equally as well.

Probably because there's no red around it to fit it in. Personally I think it looks good, but I understand that complaint.

Wow. I like how you didn't use Tahu's 2015 mask, for that is already overused. 

Thanks, his mask is too big anyway. It makes Malum's whole body look small, because of his stubby limbs.

This is an excellent use of CCBS plus Technic. I am blown away by how good it all works! Protector of Fire's mask works great on it, though I am curious to see what the trans-orange Hau looks like too.

The trans-orange Hau could look cool, hadn't thought of that! Too bad I don't own one.

IetTsFQ.png

These claws.... they look amazing! Very great job, also nice color scheme, it looks very nice with these silver parts in it. My only complain is that chesplate, which is Yellow and Dark Red, while the rest of the MOC is Yellow and Mata Red. That's not important though, very nice MOC. It feels like you were able to use these pieces in the best way, great work.

Edit: Also that Gear Function is very cool, glad to see you were able to implement that.

Edited by Petersheikah

I am liking the video, you know it is short enough you could in theory make that an animated gif for display on forums as other sites... Be a great Advertisement for your place in the contest...

Onua.png

Awesome and perfect. 

-Onvermel- :pakari:

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Using the Mini Stud Gun instead of the Thornax Launcher is a great idea and help making Malum more to the G2 bionicle (plus it works with the life counter).

The claws look good and do look like his claws and I find it odd that you use the Fire Protector mask instead of his original helmet like Gelu. But there are two things I really don't like about G2 Malum, the color scheme I think would be a lot better if there was some bright light orange on the legs and arms and the dark red on the chest armor really bugs my eyes (like Kopaka with the Silver BA body armor).

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

These claws.... they look amazing! Very great job, also nice color scheme, it looks very nice with these silver parts in it. My only complain is that chesplate, which is Yellow and Dark Red, while the rest of the MOC is Yellow and Mata Red. That's not important though, very nice MOC. It feels like you were able to use these pieces in the best way, great work.

Edit: Also that Gear Function is very cool, glad to see you were able to implement that.

I wish I could fit the chest plate better, but even if it clashes a bit with the colors I think it's imperative to keep it similar to the original.

Using the Mini Stud Gun instead of the Thornax Launcher is a great idea and help making Malum more to the G2 bionicle (plus it works with the life counter).

The claws look good and do look like his claws and I find it odd that you use the Fire Protector mask instead of his original helmet like Gelu. But there are two things I really don't like about G2 Malum, the color scheme I think would be a lot better if there was some bright light orange on the legs and arms and the dark red on the chest armor really bugs my eyes (like Kopaka with the Silver BA body armor).

Thanks for the feedback! There is no orange on the legs because that was part of the original set's design: darker towards the bottom, orange along the top, making him look like a flame. I hoped the silver "boots" would help even out the color scheme. I also don't own Malum's helmet, otherwise I might have used it instead.

I think I found a way to put ol' masks on newer heads

Cool, I don't see the point though...why not just use the old heads?

IetTsFQ.png

I wish I could fit the chest plate better, but even if it clashes a bit with the colors I think it's imperative to keep it similar to the original.

Thanks for the feedback! There is no orange on the legs because that was part of the original set's design: darker towards the bottom, orange along the top, making him look like a flame. I hoped the silver "boots" would help even out the color scheme. I also don't own Malum's helmet, otherwise I might have used it instead.

I think I found a way to put ol' masks on newer heads

Cool, I don't see the point though...why not just use the old heads?

Different attachment I guess... 2010 Heads look horrible and i't always nice to see a different way to create something. Now I'm curious though, how do you do that?