A little taste of what I plan for my fan epic, entitled Sins of Our Forefathers. The picture was all done by hand, gimp, and word's paint. It took a few days and several hours to get this accomplished in total, sometime during the summer when I worked on this. Overall, I feel a strong emotion behind this piece when I look at, and I like that with my pieces. I feel it is an accomplishment when I manage to retain vibrant works like this. I hope this is with others, 'cus I'm already proud to have done it.If you'd like to see the story behind this, you can click on the "spoiler" tag below to reveal the info about it:This picks off where Disgrace Amongst the Skrall left (sort of), but it follows a different approach rather than by the view of an ex-Skrall. Now it follows the story of lamentation and fulfillment by Padelean, a female Skrall recently afflicted by amnesia (loss of memory of her past self), but she still remembers bits and pieces of her troubled life.... especially the pain brought by it. Now she struggles to find her identity, as well as find Malduki in time to save him.Otherwise, enjoy and comment on it.-Toa Deserok

malum.gif

Banner Proudly made by Maxilos.Bolso.

And also please read my epic "Disgrace Amongst the Skrall and my review topic for it (Clicky), and another short story, Reaping of Sown Sorrows. Another epic of mine, Cold Dawn, is available for reading, as well as reviewing.

Thanks!

"Sometimes what came out was wonderful, and sometimes it wasn't, because human beings do not achieve greatness with every effort. If they did, greatness would be pedestrian."

-Greg Farshtey

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing I see is the way you melded the expressions with the canon masks/faces. You succeeded in conveying the emotions of your subjects. Other than that, it is - in one word... quite eerie.Wait...that's two words. Disregard what I said about one word.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Uh.Um.Spooky?Seriously, a little more practice, and a little more... edged (?) artwork, and this would be better than good. 6.5/10.

What do you mean edged? If you're referring to the dark surrounding, it's meant to be dark like a pit. It is smoothened like you're looking into the mind's eye, into your memories or darkest recesses of your nightmares (ok, that is kinda weird and freaky, but its supposed to jive that sort of sense). I can see where you guys go with the eerie part, but nothing else? Maybe proportions, or something like that? If you want, there is an uncolored scan of it here so you can better outline it without the colors.

-Toa Deserok

malum.gif

Banner Proudly made by Maxilos.Bolso.

And also please read my epic "Disgrace Amongst the Skrall and my review topic for it (Clicky), and another short story, Reaping of Sown Sorrows. Another epic of mine, Cold Dawn, is available for reading, as well as reviewing.

Thanks!

"Sometimes what came out was wonderful, and sometimes it wasn't, because human beings do not achieve greatness with every effort. If they did, greatness would be pedestrian."

-Greg Farshtey