BBC #69 - Jaller Mahri

Nice job, Toa_of_Flame! I like the use of the bright red feet, and the tubing 'round the neck. The Paw part for the chest works very well I think.

Is there room for an armor shell on the back? Without one, the lower back looks a bit too thin and bony.

Best of luck in the competition mate :)

Not bad, I like the good ol' cannon,

Nice job, Toa_of_Flame! I like the use of the bright red feet, and the tubing 'round the neck. The Paw part for the chest works very well I think.

Is there room for an armor shell on the back? Without one, the lower back looks a bit too thin and bony.

Best of luck in the competition mate :)

Thanks for the positive feedback so far! I'll definitely try to add some back armor later.

Xbox LIVE: RaginSpartan86

Onua.png

Well done. That armor piece is actually a fairly good match for the original set, as well as the positioning of the tubing. Although I think it would've been better with the original mask, since otherwise it kind of looks like a beefed up protector of fire. (It doesn't help that he also has a big gun as a weapon.) Still, you managed to capture the character fairly well without an overly complicated build. Good luck in the contest!

:music:

Great, great job, dude! The armor you used worked very well (how'd you get that Nex 3.0 paw on the torso?) although I'm a little concerned about the Cordak... :headbonk: Also, I don't know if I just didn't notice it, but did you include Jaller's little helper crab of cuteness? An IfB jumper would work for that.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

This is actually one of my favorite entries in the contest so far. It definitely feels like the character, and shares the very solid armor look of the new BIONICLE sets, but it also feels very unique. The color scheme is well-organized and the sword is creative. If there's one thing that bugs me, it's that the midsection seems a bit bony.

• Upvote 2

I'm in the minority here it seems as I don't see much likeness to the original Jaller Mahri... I imagine the largest contributory factor is the fact that you don't have any dark red parts and so instead have to use bright red which looks VERY different. Not including his little crab was a mistake in my opinion though. You could have changed everything else about his design (which you kind of have imo!) but putting his blaster on a crab on a chain would immediately scream Jaller. As it is, I don't really see a great likeness to the original set. I definitely see a very well built moc though! Good job and good luck ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Looks good! 

The Protector mask definitely does resemble the Arthron.

The only thing I would change personally, would be the sword. While it's a nice design, it looks more 'old bionicle'-ly than his original one did, and I think there could have been a few other ways to do it with newer parts. 

But yeah, I like the use of Mata red rather than dark red. It makes him look a little bit more like the old Jaller unlike the 2006/2007 sets. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Love it! Using the Protector Mask as the Arthron was only natural, considering that the resemblance is uncanny. Colour scheme is pretty - although not dark red, it does flow well and I guess there wasn't much you can do in conjunction with the mask. The shells are used effectively, and the tubing in the torso is a fun call back to the original Jaller Mahri. Wish you had more angles! I'd love to see the back of the MoC.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

This is a alright looking MOC and it fits to the G2, I like that you used the protector of fire mask because it remind me of the Arthron, but I really don't like the lower arm armor and the shoulder armors, they look odd. plus I think changing those trans armor with red would be better. The weapon is alright but I think changing the Cordak Blaster with the new Mini Stud Gun would look a lot better.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Love it! Using the Protector Mask as the Arthron was only natural, considering that the resemblance is uncanny. Colour scheme is pretty - although not dark red, it does flow well and I guess there wasn't much you can do in conjunction with the mask. The shells are used effectively, and the tubing in the torso is a fun call back to the original Jaller Mahri. Wish you had more angles! I'd love to see the back of the MoC.

-NotS

Would've posted more pics, but I was having a hard time with Brickshelf when I created the folder.

Xbox LIVE: RaginSpartan86

Onua.png