Roll To Dodge

Dapper I Guess

In town it is, then.

Turn1

Killoe [Free]: You are standing in the middle of a town. To your left, there is a General Store that sells various random goods, and past that is a Saloon, and beyond that is what appears to be the Sheriff's Office. To your left are some apartments, behind them is a water tower. Your wanderings have brought you to this largely normal town, just another stop on your aimless voyage through the desert. You wouldn't have made it this far without your skills- both in a fight and outside one-  and equipment, though.

Your possessions include Kukiri, a Repeater, a pair of Worn Boots and 15 dollars.

You see a sharp-dressed man exit the Sheriff's Office. You assume this is the man himself.

-----

Barret [Free]: You exit your office and have a look around. A few of the townsfolk are about- you wave hello- but there's also a man you don't recognize standing in the middle of Main Street. The wagon isn't here yet; this newcomer isn't one of the fellers Deputy Joe told you about.

-----

Anna, Archer, Eustace, Unit [All Free]: While you make small talk, the driver of your coach whistles to get your attention. You stop talking so he can speak.

"Hey, uh, fellas. We're gonna be reachin' our destination here in a few minutes, just thought y'all should know. Carry on."

What will you do?

Edited by Arsene

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

Killoe [Free]: You are standing in the middle of a town. To your left, there is a General Store that sells various random goods, and past that is a Saloon, and beyond that is what appears to be the Sheriff's Office. To your left are some apartments, behind them is a water tower. Your wanderings have brought you to this largely normal town, just another stop on your aimless voyage through the desert. You wouldn't have made it this far without your skills- both in a fight and outside one-  and equipment, though.

Your possessions include Khukiri, a Repeater, a pair of Worn Boots and 15 dollars.

You see a sharp-dressed man exit the Sheriff's Office. You assume this is the man himself.

OOC:

Just wondering, shouldn't 'Khukiri' be spelled 'Khukuri' or 'Kukri'? ...not that it really matters, I guess. :P

Killoe:

Faded white paint, alkali dust on the boardwalks, hot tang of cow manure and sawdust. A few stray chickens huddle in the shade of an alleyway, panting in the late afternoon heat.

Another day, another little town beat to leather by the sun.

My eyes flicker restlessly across the storefronts, hesitate an instant on the Saloon-- and then dart quickly, instantly, to the Sheriff as he steps suddenly out of his Office and into the street.

I track his movements for a moment or two, my gaze careful but not unfriendly. I'm just keeping a tab on things, that's all. Watching, like men of my kind have always done, an' always will do.

I shift my attention to my equipment. I've only just made it into town, and I'm tired, filthy, and badly in want of dinner... but the care of weapons, like the care of horses, must always come first.

I unlimber my Repeater and begin to wipe it down with my handkerchief. And casually, taking advantage of the opportunity, I work the action, check the loads, and examine it quickly, but thoroughly.

Just to be absolutely certain it's in working order.

No, actually, he didn't. Sure, you can pass notes via PM, if you want to. It's not really necessary, though

Killoe:

Repeater

A basic 9mm pistol. Puts maneuverability over raw power. Not too fancy on its own, but makes a reliable sidearm.

Repeater

Projectile/Blunt

No, actually, he didn't. Sure, you can pass notes via PM, if you want to. It's not really necessary, though

Nope, what you saw is what there is. Like I said, it's the shortest profile I've ever written. ;)

"Ho, friend," Barret called in greeting, waving a hand at the newcomer. "What's your business here?"

Killoe:

I return the lawman's wave with a brief, noncommittal nod.

"Ho, yourself. I take it you're the Sheriff 'round these parts?"

Archer: Your Auto-Crossbow is folded and hidden in the inside pocket of your jacket. Your Dynamite is in your boots, one stick in each, easy to reach. Your Bowie Knife is in your left sleeve.

Archer remained quiet after his first introduction as he wanted to scope out these fellow passengers. He was also trying to remain as still as possible with the explosives hidden in his boots. He had to think about it and it was far from the smartest hiding place. One wrong step and he'd need a personal chair for getting up and around. 

Turn1

Anna, Archer, Eustace, Unit [All Free]: While you make small talk, the driver of your coach whistles to get your attention. You stop talking so he can speak.

"Hey, uh, fellas. We're gonna be reachin' our destination here in a few minutes, just thought y'all should know. Carry on."

What will you do?

Archer listened to the driver and gave a sigh of relief. He needed to stretch his legs and this coach was more than a little less than ample stretching room. "So what brings you folks on this trip?"

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

"Yes indeed, I could go for a nice steak and a tall one." Archer stuck his head out of the window and yelled up to the driver, "Hey! There got any good eats where we are going? We got some empty bellies need filling!"

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Turn 2

Eustace [2]: The driver says, "I don't know a thing about the place either. I'm a newcomer, same as you."

Well, that's unfortunate. Seems your coach driver can't help you when it comes to facts about your destination.

"Shoot, I don't even know the place's name."

Seriously.

-----

Archer [3]: You see a lot of sand, and some dark building-shaped objects in the distance. You can't tell if this is your destination, some other settlement or a ghost town, but you seem to be headed in that direction.

Edited by Arsene

Drifters. They were a rare sight, and even rarer were they welcomed. Many turned out to be unscrupulous folks on the run from the law.

"Killoe, eh? Name's Barret. The saloon offers free lunch with drinks." The sheriff pointed at the saloon. "Just don't get in trouble, now."

OOC: Huh, the town never did get named, did it?

Eustace replies to Archer, a wistful look upon his face: "I've taken to wandering, and so I find myself aboard this coach, headed for yet another unknown locale. The Spirits encourage this lifestyle."

Archer agreed with this life style. He race not withstanding, his personal lifestyle kept him on the move never really staying in one place longer then necessary. Looking outside the stage once more this time to see how close they are to their destination..

Onua.png

Drifters. They were a rare sight, and even rarer were they welcomed. Many turned out to be unscrupulous folks on the run from the law.

"Killoe, eh? Name's Barret. The saloon offers free lunch with drinks." The sheriff pointed at the saloon. "Just don't get in trouble, now."

Killoe:

"An' if I do," I counter mildly, "it won't be because I was huntin' it. Remember that, Sheriff... And thanks for the tip about lunch."

I turn, cross the street in a few quick strides, and step up onto the boardwalk and brush quietly through the double swinging doors into the Saloon.

Edited by Shadowhawk

Let's just say people haven't decided on a name yet, and that could be one of the storylines moving forward

The lawman waved after the retreating Killoe. As the drifter disappeared into the saloon, Barret ambled back into the station. No wagon, yet. In the meantime, he would check to see if this man had any bounties for his arrest...

Turn 3

Killoe [3]: Unlike most saloons, which are packed with revelers and bored folk looking for something to do, this one was almost entirely empty. The only people you could see were the two gents in the back, talking about a man named Davidson (he apparently fought a bear in the Plains at some point), and the barkeep.

The barkeep says, "Hoy, newcomer. You looking for food? I'm willing to give out one meal and one drink if you really need it." He looks you over. "Yeah, you look a little bit famished. Just a moment."

Acquired Chicken Wings (2) and a Mugwarper.

"O' course, if you've got money, I can give you more food if you want it."

The Barkeep

Chicken Wing (The wing of a chicken. Covered in wonderful barbecue sauce.) - 1 dollar apeice

Mugwarper (The saloon's signature beverage, a drink so bitter it'll warp the mug you're drinking it from.) - 3 dollars

Steak Sandwich (Steak and bread, surely intended to be together. Moist and delicious.) - 5 dollars

-----

Barret [4]: After some amount of digging through your records you find that you have information on this "Killoe" person. He's been in this town once before, apparently, long before you were Sheriff. He has a clean arrest record, it would seem, though he did get involved in a fight during his previous stay here. The record says that he simply got caught up in the brawl while he was minding his own business. It won't be because I was huntin' it, he had said. Doesn't look like he'll be looking for trouble, but it might be looking for him.

-----

Anna, Archer, Eustace, Unit: "Hey, look!" Your coach driver yells. "We're almost there!"

Oh, good. You hope he went to the right town.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes
  • Upvote 3

Turn 3

Anna, Archer, Eustace, Unit: "Hey, look!" Your coach driver yells. "We're almost there!"

Oh, good. You hope he went to the right town.

Archer looked to the other passengers. "Well strangers and Lass, it would appear that our long trip is nearing it's zenith." Archer was please with this answer from the driver. He was looking forward to scouting the locals and seeing what business ventures he could get his hands on. A crooked grin reached across his face as he hid it under his hat. "It will feel good to stretch my legs."

Onua.png

So I'm unsure if nooblets are allowed to join but I'd like to throw my hat into the ring because of one thing.

I wanna play a someone SOMEWHERE who uses this beauty.

Essentially a sword and shield combo that can merge and combine into a massive double-edged axe. Strikes made in the sword mode can also charge up energy that can either be sent to the shield for extra defense or unleash it for devastating attacks in axe mode.

Dunno what class or something this would required or what concessions would need to be made.

I just want to show the world the wonder of the Charge Blade. =P

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Apologies, Toph, but the Charge Blade is quite a bit too OP to be a piece of starter equipment. I hope you can understand.

Who knows, maybe someone'll find it later?

Also, yes, you may join the game at any time.

Edited by Arsene

Killoe:

Two free chicken wings and a free drink... that's all well and grand and generous, but it won't do much more than take the edge off my hunger. Trust me, I know my gut, and it's a hungry gut, generally speakin'.

I grin at the barkeep, search through my vest pockets for a long moment, and eventually come up with five battered silver dollars.

"A thousand thanks, señor... and add a Steak Sandwich to that, will ya?"

Turn 4

Killoe [Free]: "Oh, okay. One steak sammich coming right up..."

Purchased a Steak Sandwich for five dollars.

You have a full meal in front of you. Eat it?

Eustace [Free]: You make a good effort to remember to tip the lad driving your coach. You lost one dollar of spending money. The Spirits approve charity, though, so it should be worth it.

I am hoping next turn. Archer wants to get off this ride and see what suckers are in this new town.

Onua.png

Turn 5

Killoe [4]: You manage to eat the whole meal. Good thing you chose to drink your Mugwarper last; one whiff of its odor nearly killed your appetite. You ate all of it, without really taking a good look at it beforehand. Oh well, at least you are now Well Fed.

-----

Anna, Archer, Eustace, Unit [Free]: "Hey, boys! This must be it!" your driver says to you.

You feel the coach coming to a stop. This is your signal to exit the wagon, but not before Eustace tips the driver for one dollar. The driver smiles and expresses his gratitude, and introduces himself as Larson. Eustace is now acquainted with Larson. Larson hops off of the wagon with the rest of you. You see a man in a fantastic leather greatcoat, waiting in the middle of the street. Something tells you that he's an enforcer of the law.

-----

Barret [Free]: Sure enough, the wagon comes in after a few minutes, and five people exit the vehicle, driver included. You take a glance at the five of them. There's a suspicious-looking outlander, a female gunslinger type person, what appears to be a mystic of some sort, and two average-looking gentlemen, one playing with what looks like a Swiss Army Knife. You assume that they're all armed to the teeth.

What will you do?

Archer gets off the stage carefully to avoid setting off his toys and takes a look at the surrounding town and settlement. He notices an authority figure standing there to greet them. Not wanting to arouse suspicion on his true reason for coming he gives a friendly smile and greets the sheriff. "Hello there kind sir. Would you have any recommendations on where one could grab a good bite to eat? It has been quite a trip."

Onua.png

IC: Unit

Unit folded up his multitool, satisfied that it was in full working condition. When the coach arrived at the town, he got off quickly, eager to stretch his legs. He followed Archer over to the official-looking figure that had come out to greet them. Unit could only assume that this person was the Sheriff, given that he had a revolver much larger than what most civilians would openly carry at his hip.

While waiting for Archer to introduce himself, he took a good look at the town around him, keeping an eye out for anything broken he could possibly get paid to repair.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

OOC: My apologies for not posting sooner. I am quite worn, even by my standards, thanks to being the middle of a run of a G&S operetta. And so, without much further ado, I shall turn my mind from fairies and the House of Peers to Steampunk Weird West.

Eustace: A silhouette appears abruptly against the late afternoon sky. It descends, marionette-like, to the ground and glances jerkily around, as if searching for the shadow-play from whence it came.

At once, the illusion is dispelled, as Eustace Coyterdal steps into proper visibility. He regards the town with a half wistful, half wary expression, as if drinking his austere surroundings in. Having finished examining the immediate area, he glances at the Sheriff with a start. Realizing his lapse of etiquette, he extends his hand in greeting to the lawgiver, a wry smile upon his face.

"You must be the Shire Reeve. Please pardon the gaucheness of my behavior. Wagon trips are moughty exhausting, and I have trouble enough keeping my mind in the present, without fatigue's smothering embrace. I'm Eustace Coyterdal."
"Medicine man," he quickly adds , his eyes belying the wanderings of his mind.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Turn 6

Killoe [Free]: A few minutes pass. Nothing happens. Looking out the window, you see five figures, among them the lawman you met earlier.

-----

Eustace [4]: You are able to size up the town pretty well. There's a general store, a largely empty saloon, the Sheriff's office, and on the other side are some nondescript buildings of a residential nature. Nothing seems to grab your attention, but you- in your supernatural ways- sense a faint presence far below your feet.

-----

Unit [1]: Wow. There is literally nothing here for you to fix, as everything seems to be in good condition. No holes in the walls, no broken windows, no leaks in that water tower. Your talents don't seem to be needed here, as of right now. That might change in the future, though.

• Upvote 3

... but you- in your supernatural ways- sense a faint presence far below your feet.

:lookaround:

Killoe:

"Looks like the stage rolled in, or somethin'," I remark casually, nodding out the window.

And even as I'm speaking, I'm standing. A single quick motion; lithe and easy as an old coyote. Sliding the chair into place behind me, moving abruptly towards them swingin' double doors.

"Thanks again for the grub, barkeep. I'll be seein' yuh later, I reckon."

And then I'm on the boardwalk, and now I'm stepping down silently into the dusty street and towards the little group, tugging the brim of my hat a mite lower against the desert sun. Dark shadows pool deep across my eyes and cheekbones, filtering down into the heavy stubble on my jaw.

My eyes cut swiftly from one new arrival to the next, pausing only, and even then only very briefly, on the young woman with the green eyes and the double six-guns.