Roll To Dodge

Dapper I Guess

OOC: I've been waiting for Barret/Bloody Nine, seeing as my character's in conversation with him. I guess I'll just have to skip it and assume that it happened.

Eustace: Whilst the Sheriff is busy greeting the other newcomers, Eustace slips into his Office.

Upon seeing the Deputy seated there, he doffs his hat in greeting. 

"Howdy there! Pardon my intrusion, but your Sheriff is busy being hospitable, and time just might be in short supply, if you catch my drift. What can you tell me about the local mines?"

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Turn 7

Eustace [Free]: "Er, mines?" the Deputy asks. "No mines 'round these parts, sir. Not that I know of. Why d'ya ask?"

Well, that's certainly weird. Towns like this spring up around gold and other valuable minerals most of the time. Additionally, what else would that space you detect be? It's probably not worth investigating, but you can choose to do so anyway.

What will you do?

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

Killoe:

I'd like to speak with the newcomers, but they're obviously busy right now.

No problem. I'm a Drifter; I can wait.

I wander on up the street and around behind the Sheriff's Office. As I walk, I notice an empty whiskey bottle lying in the dust...  Acting spontaneously, driven by reckless boredom, I grab it and throw it up into the air. Then I whip out my Repeater and begin firing as fast as possible, aiming for the spiraling center of mass.

Turn 8

Eustace [1]: "Sorry, man. I can't help you there." The deputy says. "I've only been living here since November, sir. I hear there's a small cave or something behind the General Store, and apparently that's where our water comes from."

You wonder how a man who has only lived here for two months can become Deputy.

Killoe [2]: You shoot thrice, and miss each time. How embarrassing. The glass shatters on contact with the ground, spreading fragments about your feet. A woman across the street is giving you a dirty look. Maybe you should clean up.

What will you do?

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes
  • Upvote 3

Killoe:

I grin at the woman and cheerfully tip my hat. "No cause for anger, ma'am! I meant to do that!"

I kick the fragments of glass into a tidy pile against the foundation of the Sheriff's Office, holster my Repeater, and stroll away completely unabashed.

Maybe I'll go find the livery stable. If there even is one in this wretched little town.

Edited by Shadowhawk

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna frowned, and followed the person who had glanced at her. She wasn't entirely certain what that was all about, but wasn't entirely certain if she wanted to find out... However, what she wanted, and what would happen was likely two different stories.

ooc: Sorry I've been waiting for an interaction from the Law man. Since I'm not going to get one, better move on.

Archer lowered his hand and chose to instead scout the landscape himself. There has to be a place to get a free bite to eat around this dump.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Turn 9

Killoe [Futile]: You look around, and see no livery stable. Turns out, this backwoods little burg is exactly as small as you suspected. Come to think of it, the only horses in sight are the ones attached to the wagon that brought these other people here.

-----

Archer [2]: You look around. You see all the basics- general store, Sheriff's office, saloon- but your gut tells you that the bar won't be giving out handouts.

What will you do?

Since Bloody Nine has been gone for a while, I'm taking control of Barret tomorrow if he's not back by then. That should (hopefully) speed things up.

Bloody Nine still isn't here, so I'm going to hijack the Sheriff for the time being.

[barret]: I watch the newcomers disperse to various parts of the town.I notice one walking with unusually light tread, and make a note of it. Then, I look to the remaining two, and say "Well, folks, you want me to show you around?"

OOC: Pardon my absence, fatigue has a way of keeping one down.

Eustace: Eustace's face twitches uncomfortably at the sudden succession of noise. The two men rush to the door, only to sigh and turn away, almost disappointed.

Eustace turns to the Deputy.
"Someone's getting a bit restless. Boredom and triggerhappiness, an unfortunate combination, to say the least. I imagine you'll be keeping an eye on him. Also, before I go, the name's Eustace Coyterdal, and in answer to your earlier question (pardon my gaucheness,) well, it's hard to explain. Suffice to say, I had reason to believe that a tunnel of some sort existed locally, and was looking forward to locating it, suspicious as that sounds."

Eustace extends his hand, a smile upon his wizened face.

"I don't believe I caught your name?"

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

Bartholomew: Wraith-like and portentous, a silhouette crosses the sentinel sun. The illusory absence is in the shape of a bird, though of no sort ever seen by the inhabitants of this sleepy town. Some might see it as symptomatic of the settlement's ill, the manifestation of heinous secrets and profane wrongs. But the more observant would realize that it was as much a stranger here as the party that had disembarked this afternoon. Nor would they fail to notice its descent, cutting an arc as of a banished star.

Oh bother, thought the plummeting potoo. I never fail to underestimate the crosswinds. This won't be a pleasant landing, by any stretch of the imagination. Still, you've been in worse scrapes, Bartholomew, old chap. And as my uncle Jethro used to say, "two birds in the ointment make many hands." That's not right... It must have been cousin Claudius.

As the gap between ground and bird closed rapidly, the unfortunate potoo could not help but noticing that nothing else was happening. When he had first sighted the town, sleepy as it indubitably was, there had been human beings milling about like tipsy myrmidons. Now, there was no one.

As his beak made contact with the harsh surface of the street, Bartholomew wondered where everyone had gotten to.

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

I'm very sorry, but I've been quite busy. Next Turn today or tomorrow, I hope.

I'll have more free time this week due to spring break, hopefully.

Oh, silly Arséne. There's only one action in this Turn.

Turn 9

Eustace [Free]: "Joe, sir. Deputy Joe. Right hand man to Sheriff Barret. Nice to meet you." He shakes your hand. You are now acquainted with Deputy Joe.

• Upvote 1

OOC:

Not really. It would clear the playing field for new players though.... :P

IC: Archer.

I walked around and was not all to pleased with what I'd seen, It was a small town. Too close niched and not a lot of opportunities to "work". Walking back to where the stage was I looked about to see what my fellow passengers were up to...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Barret: I shake Unit's hand. "Alright," I say. "Best you try to keep up." I start walking towards the Saloon.

About inactive and irrelevant characters, we can have them wander into the desert and get eaten by The Rattlesnakes. Don't ask about The Rattlesnakes, you don't wanna know.

• Upvote 3

Archer also rejoined the main group and headed for the saloon.

Onua.png

Killoe:

I've no particular objection to heading back to the Saloon, so I trail with the group. As we walk along, I introduce myself, friendly-like, to the quiet hombre, the one who seems more apt to look and listen than to speak, and to the scrawny rack of bones with the buffalo coat.

"Hey there... m' name's Killoe. Or sometimes just 'the Drifter'... an' that tag works too, I reckon. It's not every day a place like this gets visitors; 'kin I ask what brings you folks to town?"

OOC:

That'd be Archer and Eustace, respectively. :)

Turn 10

All [Free]: You walk into the Saloon with Barret at the lead. You see almost no one besides your group, and the bartender seems rather surprised to see you. There are two men in the back, talking about how a man named Davidson had once killed a ten-point buck with a throwing knife.

The bartender says, "Hey, Barret. Showing new arrivals around, eh? Any of you guys thirsty or hungry?"

OOC: I'd like to kick off the main plot after this tour, but I'll need a few-hour-long timeskip to do so. Is that okay with you guys?

ooc: I'll go for a time skip. general exploration is not my cup of tea when there are games afoot.

IC: Archer

Archer looked to the bartender as he was addressed. "Yes I could go for a good drink and a bite. Are you offering anything in particular?"

Archer moves over to the Bar and grabs a seat.

Onua.png

Eustace: Eying the stranger with statue-like wariness, Eustace responds "You may call me Eustace Coyterdal. I am a wanderer in an antique trade. A Medicine Man in the loving thrall of his Spirits. Tell me, what brought you here?"

Eustace determines to order a sandwich and a (non-alcoholic) drink, as soon as the conversation ends.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

OOC: I have nothing against a timeskip.

Unit:

Unit strolled over to the bar, sat down, and did a quick scan of the place to see if there was any broken furniture or squeaky doors that needed fixing around. He took a look at the menu, too. He had been feeling rather peckish as of late.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

Turn 11

Archer, Unit [Free]: "Oh, good. You guys want food? I have food."

The Barkeep

Chicken Wing (The wing of a chicken. Covered in wonderful barbecue sauce.) - 1 dollar apeice

Mugwarper (The saloon's signature beverage, a drink so bitter it'll warp the mug you're drinking it from.) - 3 dollars

Steak Sandwich (Steak and bread, surely intended to be together. Moist and delicious.) - 5 dollars

Eustace [Free]: "Well..." says the barkeep. "We've got water... I can't really charge you for water, can I? Sammich is five bucks."

Lost five dollars. Gained Fresh Water and Steak Sandwich.

Unit [4]: Luckily, you see something. There's a chair in the back with a leg missing, and maybe you can fix it. The missing leg isn't in sight, though...

• Upvote 2

IC: Archer

Money: $5

- $4

= $1
Weapon(s): small crossbow
Dynomite stick (x2)

Archer listens to the list of items and pulls a few dollars out of a pocket in his vest. He then Orders 1 Chicken Wing and a Mug of Mugwarper to wash it down with. Totaling $4. He then turns to listen to the local conversation while waiting for his Order.

Onua.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bartholomew: The Potoo drained the last of his Mugwarper, immediately loosing a satisfied "MOOOOOOOOOM."

He had finally found some fellow sapients, a fact which relieved him to no end. Granted, they weren't the most savory bunch, but they seemed affable enough. Though he didn't fancy getting close to the spindly, mustachioed chap. Something seemed wrong about him, eerily so. Like an egg filled with blood. Not sinister, per se, but frighteningly alien.

As he looked on, he espied a figure striding towards the counter, one who seemed to have entered in complete silence.

Bartholomew shivered, wondering if his palate was failing him. But something told him that he was sober. Intoxication couldn't be this lucid. He mustered up the courage to greet the newcomer, as he passed by his stool, and immediately regretted doing so, his salutation dying away into a croak.

Primeval was the figure who faced him, and yet he was sophistication's nonpareil. Like an antique statue, stern, uncaring witness to a tyrant's wrongs. Like a statue in a city park, the likeness of some rich gentleman, rendered favorably in whatever style was currently (or had been, of late) in vogue. A solid conflation of perfectly comfortable, yet totally unnerving, contradictions. His clothes were like those of any frontiersman, save that they were abyssal black. Disturbingly, he seemed to be hugged by an unnatural shadow, his features starkly accentuated.

Compared to this one, the Medicine Man seemed the epitome of normalcy.

"Howdy, Bartholomew," he said, his tone simultaneously enticing and abhorrent, amiable and yet detached.

"How..." gasped the bird, even as dread realization set in.

"This town is smothered in secret sins. It was hoped that it might repent, or that some brave heroes would win the day. Alas, that was not to be. This place is a canker, to which I must administer."

"Surely it's not beyond mending? I can't idly watch this happen!"

"This does not concern you. Best be on your way. The wolf has yet to note your scent. I'd keep it that way, pardner."

"But..."

Bartholomew, panicking, glanced swiftly at the others, only to find them oblivious to the latest patron.

"The consummation is at hand. This town will reap what it has sown."

"This can't be all! They must triumph! I don't know what evils prey on them, but they deserve better! Have mercy! Surely you can do that? This town deserves better, whatever it's done! I don't care what Fate says, they can't die now!

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png