Umbra (BBC #69)

JungleSlizer

Umbra was one of my favourite sets back in G1. And I think this definetely looks like Umbra. The spear is brillant, it looks nice even when split in two blades and it also looks very 2015ish due to the fact that these flame pieces were spammed on Protectors. His shoulders and his torso are perfect, his feets are also very nice and actually look like the original ones. It's hard to find any problem with this MOC, is well built, he has the original color scheme and features lots of functions. The only thing that I don't quite like is the fact that he looks a bit bulky (even if many 2015 are very bulky and maybe its to make him modern) I think you could make his legs/arms a longer. Still amazing MOC, though, good luck for the contest!

I really like this one, considering I was planning on making an Umbra myself. I think you nailed the overall aesthetic, though I would have probably liked it better if it were a bit larger. Anyway, it's a great MOC, and best of luck to you!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I really like this one, considering I was planning on making an Umbra myself. I think you nailed the overall aesthetic, though I would have probably liked it better if it were a bit larger. Anyway, it's a great MOC, and best of luck to you!

:tohu:

Thanks! I know that the original set is a lot larger than the toas, but I (for some odd reason) wanted to make this version about the same size as the new 2015 toa. ;)

I almost think this Umbra is better than the original, because everything here fits together so well, as I remember the set looking a little haphazrdly put together. The armor really smooths him out, even with his original color scheme, which I'm pressed to see that you kept. I also like the spear design, but I'm most impressed with the wheeled feet, which seem so much more elegant than the original's. It does seem a little small, maybe, but I think you nailed the character design. Nice job, and best of luck in the contest.

:music:

This is sweet! Very reminiscent to the original Umbra. The colours, shoulder armour, staff, and wheeled feet really help in making him instantly recognizable! Some really cool usage of shells on the wheeled feet, and the use of the Mask of Earth over reusing the Ruru solidifies this as a 2015 version (also the latter probably would have looked too big on this proportionally). Excellent stuff!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg