Hero Factory's best and worst moments

Lenny7092

Hi, guys.:) I know that Hero Factory has ended, but I would like to talk about its best and worst moments, so what do you think they are. For me, it goes like this:

Best:

1. Hero Factory being introduced - I was looking forward to experience it in 2010 after Bionicle was cancelled

2. TV episodes - Tinseltown Toons animation and voice actors up to 2014 (well, the Ghost/Advance animation looks very great)

3. Some characters are great and have good character development up to 2014

4. Healing our broken hearts from Bionicle's cancellation in 2010. - having the same building system nostalgically up to 2011

5. The CCBS system

6. All nine heroes meeting up in 2012.

7. Having HS01

8. Secret Mission Books - by Greg Farshtey

9. Furno fighting mind-controlled Stormer in The Enemy Within

10. Furno earned Stormer's respect and made team leader by him in Von Nebula

11. Surge being a funny character

12. Savage Planet and Breakout episodes being my favorite episodes

13. Stormer, Furno, Rocka, and Bulk being cool heroes

14. Heroes' cool visors in Brain Attack

15. Mechs in Invasion From Below

16. Lot of very cool pieces - including armor and colors

17. The Breakout song by Cryoshell in 2012

18. The online games (Breakout, Brain Attack, and IFB are the best)

19. News about a live action movie.

20. Good story up to IFB.:)

Worst:

1. Number of episodes decreasing year by year

2. Villains are just thugs, rather than something more, not having much character development

3. A lot of unresolved and unexplained things - famously including cliffhangers from the Breakout, Brain Attack, and Invasion From Below episodes

4. 2014 was the most poor year - poor character development and switched famous voice actors in 2010-2013 to new ones that we don't know

5. Lack of Stringer (main Brain Attack things) and Nex (Breakout episodes to IFB)

6. Not all the villains appeared in the episodes

7. Story came and went too early once its certain year began, leaving some things unresolved and unexplained

8. Never got another word about the live action movie since 2012 (only one news report so far)

9. Episodes 8-11 never appeared on DVD, neither did the IFB episode appeared on television

10. Not all villains appeared in the online games - I was looking forward to fight them, like XT4 in the Breakout game

11. Heroes causing a genocide of the IFB monsters in the IFB episode

12. HS01 being deactivated - I loved that thing. It's very accurate.

13. The Hero Factory theme and franchise, along with the TV show, books, and toy line, is ended or cancelled improperly (unannouncedly). - I wish it needs more time to finish the story before it can end, like having the Heroes fight a Villain Factory run by Von Nebula, who could have been the mysterious villain in the Breakout and Brain Attack episodes.:(

So, there. What do you guys think?:)

• Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I didn't go in liking Hero Factory, but by Breakout I warmed up some.  Not as much as Bionicle or Ninjago, but still the needle moved in a positive direction.

Year 1 - Bionicle FM  A great device to help build the world of Hero Factory.

Year 2 - Hero Team Recon  Something Bionicle could use a chance to allow users to customize their hero.

Year 3 - Savage Planet Heroes.  I loved the concept of robotic animals.

Year 4 - Breakout pairs  This hit the nostalgia bone by pairing 1 hero with 1 villain. Though sending the fire guy underwater was a bonehead move.

Year 5 - Elemental beasts.

Year 6 - Nothing.  I didn't care for making hero mechs. It felt like an unnecessary layer.

Lowpoints

Year 1 - Heroes built or heroes trained.  This confusion bugged me.

Year 2 - Fire villains   It seems Stormer knows everybody and never saw the red flags that they would be evil.

Year 3 - Savage Planet beasts. I appreciate the creativity in make this alien fauna, but I'd have gone with biological counterparts to the Heroes (Rocka vs Lion, Furno vs Eagle, etc)

Year 4 - Video. This should have been a 5 episode miniseries with a bigger payoff than blowing up the Hero Factory.

Year 5 - Surge  Another year another chance to humiliate Surge and make him the punching bag. 8 other heroes and not one could be spared for hostage duty.

Year 6 - After the second cliffhanger that doesn't follow through, I stopped caring about the shows.

• Upvote 3

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

The good:

1. The Hero Recon. So many Bionicle fans dreamed of this and never got it.

2. The idea of Mech suits and Minifig size.

3. CCBS. People have said enough about this already.

4. It held us over till Bionicle came back.

5. Most sets in general were good.

6. HF FM.

The bad:

1. Rocka was always in the spotlight. I feel it wasn't very clear he was the underdog. (was he?) or Furno either. And If it was not obvious to me, I don't think it was obvious to most kids.

2. IFB not counting the sets. The animation was atrocious, the story was all over the place, and the entire line was just not promoted at all, despite me loving the minifigs.

3. Having "Heros" commit genocide.

4. Unresolved cliff hangers. The end of Breakout, the end of Brain Attack, then the end of IFB...

5. The Brain Attck/Breakout cliff hanger. This was so hyped up, and WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. Were they ever planning on telling us?

6. FEMALE CHARACTERS. HF really messed up with this one. I loved characters like Gali, Hali, Lariska, and my favorite Helryx. The only ones we got were a pretty much background Hero, and a reporter lady.

7. Originally having some connection to Bionicle.

Edited by moamahrimatoro
  • Upvote 3

cringe

Pros:

1. Character diversity: sure, they were all different colors, but each character introduced in HF had a personality trait that set them apart from others.
  2. Sets and system used: no need to go in depth with this anymore.
  3. Immersiveness: HF FM, Hotline, trailers, and other media mad the HF universe fully recognized while keeping creativity open for the fans.
  4. Story: while simplistic, it still opened the way for fans to create new stories loosely based on the official story.
  5. Secret Mission series: this series made the HF story feel a little more complex than it was.
  6. Innovations: the minifig Heroes were a nice touch!
  7. Recon Team: This was the best idea ever, but...

Cons:

1. Cancellation of the Recon Team service: from what I saw, the system was used by many just to get a bunch of parts, not to make heroes that they cared about. ("The vision wasn't realized"?)  :(
  2. Story: it was just a little too childish. For example, Ninjago is a show meant for children but caters to the overall family demographic, while the HF show did not, thereby limiting its audience. It also never had any conclusion, only cliffhangers.  >:(
  3. Cancellation of the Secret Mission series: if this kept going, then the story would have been much more worthwhile to really get into.
  4. IFB, IFB, IFB...  >:(
  • Upvote 2

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

12. HS01 being deactivated - I loved that thing. It's very accurate.

I love it too, but it prevents BS01 from running as well as it can :(. One day, though... I'll get it back.

Anyway, a single one of each for me.

Best: Hero Recon Team. Super creative, bold, and interesting. Unfortunately, too expensive.

Worst: Invasion From Below ending. There's been reasons given (about how it had to be redone in only a few days) but it's pretty jarring to see.

Best: 

• Introduction of CCBS, and therefore the final destruction of the One Torso Inside Them All.
  • Breakout. Entire year, pretty much. This was the wave  that showed what CCBS could truly do.
  • Nex getting introduced
  • Stringer 

Worst:

• Invasion From Below, From Further Below 
  • The Brain Attack Large Useless One-Piece Brains
  • Nex and Stringer getting dropped
  • Furno, Rocka, Stormer and Evo hogging the spotlight pretty much all the time. 
  • The Hero Factory not being revealed to be an extremely corrupt place that produces insane and broken heroes to hunt down 'villainous' and innocent civilians who the founders of the HF don't like
  • Fire Lord's general existence

Neutral:

• Bulk's existence
  • Surge's existence
  • The planet with Okoto on it crashing into the Hero Factory, thus destroying the HF forever and giving is Bonkle G2
  • Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Best: New building system, even though it didn't really get used to it's full potential until the return of Bionicle.

Worst: Unresolved cliffhangers for the sake of unresolved cliffhangers, the last two episodes had really poor writing, and, hi, WHAT WAS UP WITH THE ENDING OF INVASION FROM BELOW?! We learn that these creatures are fairly intelligent and capable of coming to an understanding with the heroes, then immediately afterwards, one unlucky shot and suddenly GENOCIDE BY ACID?!

I MEAN WHAT.

WHY.

Edited by Kung Fu Pyro
  • Upvote 2

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Best has got to be Breakout.  The story was at it's best, and it was the first time lego showed us how impressive CCBS creations could look.

Worst is a toss-up between either IFB, or the lack of any sort of story closure.

• Upvote 1

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

• 2 weeks later...

The good:

1. The Hero Recon. So many Bionicle fans dreamed of this and never got it.

2. The idea of Mech suits and Minifig size.

3. CCBS. People have said enough about this already.

4. It held us over till Bionicle came back.

5. Most sets in general were good.

6. HF FM.

The bad:

1. Rocka was always in the spotlight. I feel it wasn't very clear he was the underdog. (was he?) or Furno either. And If it was not obvious to me, I don't think it was obvious to most kids.

2. IFB not counting the sets. The animation was atrocious, the story was all over the place, and the entire line was just not promoted at all, despite me loving the minifigs.

3. Having "Heros" commit genocide.

4. Unresolved cliff hangers. The end of Breakout, the end of Brain Attack, then the end of IFB...

5. The Brain Attck/Breakout cliff hanger. This was so hyped up, and WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. Were they ever planning on telling us?

6. FEMALE CHARACTERS. HF really messed up with this one. I loved characters like Gali, Hali, Lariska, and my favorite Helryx. The only ones we got were a pretty much background Hero, and a reporter lady.

7. Originally having some connection to Bionicle.

1: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

6: Breez proved her worth in Brain Attack, so yeahh.....