BBCC #69: Big Daddy Brutaka

Konahrik

Coming from another dimension, Brutaka suddenly appeared and started wandering Okoto on an unknown mission, often heard rambling about an "Ignika", and "crazy silver half breed skakdi". Having proven to be more formidable than a Master, Brutaka is left alone aside from the occasion skull spider that dare try and pry his mask away.

pose1.jpg

Entry Picture

Comparison with Protector of Fire

Comparison with Lhikan

Comparison with Kopaka

Comparison with Axonn

Side

Back

Back spikes? No, actually his back daggers.

Gallery when public.

Good luck to everyone in the contest.

• Upvote 16

bzpsig.jpg

This is a pretty cool moc, though I feel as if there's a bit too much gold on this guy. A bit of a weird nitpick, but it seems to just over power all the other colors. Maybe the legs could stand to be a bit longer, too. But I do like this guy.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow
  • Upvote 1

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

I have to say this is one of my favorite entries as of yet! I could totally see Brutaka in all-CCBS fashion before but this looks superb! However, he looks a tad too stout and top-heavy. Maybe longer limbs would have helped remedy that. All in all though great MOC! Best of luck :D

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Interesting change from the taller of the two bro's of 2006 to a way more brutish one, which fits his namesake. I love the look as well as the complete armouring from all angles. The remade back-blades are a fine callback. Love your Axonn as well. Love the backstory behind the MoC too. xD

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

oh dang, man this one is cool

excellent shaping on that torso

Thank you, the torso took me the second longest to shape/make out of the whole MOC.

This is a pretty cool moc, though I feel as if there's a bit too much gold on this guy. A bit of a weird nitpick, but it seems to just over power all the other colors. Maybe the legs could stand to be a bit longer, too. But I do like this guy.

The use of a large amount of gold was mostly because of no dark blue CCBS shells, and I made Brutaka with the intent that the everything not gold was his body, and all the gold was his armor.

I have to say this is one of my favorite entries as of yet! I could totally see Brutaka in all-CCBS fashion before but this looks superb! However, he looks a tad too stout and top-heavy. Maybe longer limbs would have helped remedy that. All in all though great MOC! Best of luck :D

:tohu:

I agree with you about the limbs, I tried to make them longer, but they didn't come out as smooth and armored as the current ones, so I just went with these, as they make him look imposing, imo.

Interesting change from the taller of the two bro's of 2006 to a way more brutish one, which fits his namesake. I love the look as well as the complete armouring from all angles. The remade back-blades are a fine callback. Love your Axonn as well. Love the backstory behind the MoC too. xD

-NotS

Thank you, I tried to make a few callbacks to the original throughout the model, some are very recognizable, and some are a little bit silly.

I just can't express how much I love this. He looks so great, he seems a brutal and fearless warrior. That Axonn is great too! Amazing job!

Thank you! That's what I was hoping he would appear. I appreciate the feedback.

bzpsig.jpg

I love Brutaka, and you have done him justice with this entry! I will probably vote for you. Nice Axxon by the way, he is also worthy of entry.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I love Brutaka, and you have done him justice with this entry! I will probably vote for you. Nice Axxon by the way, he is also worthy of entry.

Thank you very kindly for the praise, I don't know how well they would've done as a pair, but it's uplifting to hear they might've held their own together in the contest.

bzpsig.jpg

I almost entered a Brutaka but I think yours wins! Though I would love to challenge your Axonn to a dual with mine haha. Great entry!

Thank you for the compliment, although your axonn is bigger, so I think he'd win haha.

Edited by Konahrik

bzpsig.jpg

A really interesting new bulky Brutaka here. He really, really strikes me for its cohesiveness, looks almost like a real set, or even better than that, and for the incredibly well-placed amounts of pure gold. However, the change from gold-and-blue to gold-and-black (because it's black, right?) is sorta a turn-down to me. Aside from that, it's a masterpiece.

A really interesting new bulky Brutaka here. He really, really strikes me for its cohesiveness, looks almost like a real set, or even better than that, and for the incredibly well-placed amounts of pure gold. However, the change from gold-and-blue to gold-and-black (because it's black, right?) is sorta a turn-down to me. Aside from that, it's a masterpiece.

I chose the black mainly because of only one piece of the CCBS system being available in dark blue, and if I used gen 1 pieces, it would have broken up the flow of the model.

Edited by Konahrik

bzpsig.jpg

The shaping (and overall G2-feel) of the MOC is excellent, but the shoulder just seem a few studs too wide. You can't see it unless you're looking at at head-on picture—it's hardly noticeable in the entry picture—but that stood out to me.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The shaping (and overall G2-feel) of the MOC is excellent, but the shoulder just seem a few studs too wide. You can't see it unless you're looking at at head-on picture—it's hardly noticeable in the entry picture—but that stood out to me.

I don't know if it's the shoulders, they're actually the same width as Onua's, but rather I think that the hips might be too narrow and the torso a little short.

bzpsig.jpg