Agent Carter Discussion Topic

Jobber

I probably should have made this topic when the show started, but alas, here it is. So what are you thoughts on the show? Do you dislike/like it? What about the current episode? Discuss! 

I can say I actually enjoyed this mini-series, not as much as Agents of Shield though. I can totally see Marvel making a second season of the show, but probably not in the near future seeing as how season 3 of Agents of Shield is coming on March 3rd. 

P.S.: I don't expect this topic to last more than a couple days, since double-posting is against the rules. So I'll be making another topic once AOS airs again, and another when the Daredevil Netflix series drops. 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Concerning Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: we're still in the second season. The show just took a massive midseason break.

I've only seen the first two episodes of Agent Carter, but here are my thoughts thus far. I plan to watch the rest of the show sooner or later.

The show had a boring premise, annoying characters, poor cinematography, bland music, and it was all just so lifeless in general.

Atwell was fantastic as Peggy, and the other actors were pretty great too, but the characters themselves just weren't very interesting. I especially couldn't stand Jarvis. At first, he complained about how Peggy expected too much of him, and that he had to be at home with his wife by 9:00. Then without warning he groans and moans about how he never is given enough assignments by Peggy. Huh?

I also couldn't help but notice that the show was trying to get me to sympathize with the guy with a crutch. Was I suppose to like him because he wasn't as chauvinistic as every other man as the show, save Jarvis and Stark? Mission failed, then, because he came off as distracting as annoying. I don't even remember his name, so I just call him Peg-leg Pete.

And is it just me, or did the show just look very fake? In The First Avenger, it actually felt like the 1940s. Here it just looks like they used CGI for most of it.

I also think that the guys writing the show should learn about the subtle art of, well, subtlety. As in, don't be so darn blatant about matching the radio show to the events of the show! I think it was supposed to be cute or something, but it was just stupid.

Another thing that irked me was that stupid picture of Peggy in the wig. Why'd they make such a big deal about that? Why bother having that in the story at all? It was pretty clear that Peggy turned her head at just the right second so that you couldn't see her face, so why would they try to trick the audience into thinking that the photo was incriminating?

It wasn't all bad. I liked seeing Howard Stark and Peggy again, and the voicebox machine thing was a cool idea. The dialogue was good, and as I said, all the actors did a great job. Other than that, it was just disappointing in general.

People say the first few Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes were lame, but even those were better than this was. I'll keep watching this show and hope for improvement, but I doubt it, which is a shame. When you think about how fun The First Avenger and the Agent Carter Marvel One-Shot were, you can see that this show had a lot of potential.

I watched Agents of Shield for a while (even after Hydra crawled out of the shadows), and expected it to get better, but overall I just got tired of it and abandoned it, just like Gotham. Is Agent Carter just as boring? :/ From the post above, it looks like I might have been right to skip it.

DC Comics rule!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Personally, I've been really enjoying Agent Carter. The Peggy/Jarvis combo is usually some great comic relief (I especially loved the scene with the desk in the latest episode), and the more serious parts have been pretty good, as well.

Overall, it's been a pretty good way to fill Shield's midseason break (last year's empty break was annoyingly long), although I'll be really glad once Shield is back, because that's gotten really good this season.

I watched Agents of Shield for a while (even after Hydra crawled out of the shadows), and expected it to get better, but overall I just got tired of it and abandoned it, just like Gotham. Is Agent Carter just as boring? :/ From the post above, it looks like I might have been right to skip it.

DC Comics rule!

Give the first couple episodes a look; if you aren't liking it at that point you might as well skip it.

I don't like Gotham much either.

And DC comics are silly

Alright, whenever it comes on I will be sure to give a couple of episodes a shot. I wont expect to like it as much as Arrow or The Flash, but maybe it will surprise me!

I prefer its blatant science-fantasy compared to Marvel which gives off a 'try-too-hard' science-fiction feel to it (Marvel is also science-fantasy, what with Thanos, Silver Surfer and Stephen Strange, but I hope you get my point). Maybe it doesn't and I prefer the feel of DC Comics more, not to mention it came before Marvel and I eventually got a little tired of all the rip-offs/inspirations and I just went to the original material; also it tends to be more mature. In the end, I like both Marvel and DC, but I like DC a little more (unfortunately Hollywood can't display it properly; Man of Steel being the closest one, but with the plot holes and such it doesn't represent it too well (still an awesome movie, however)).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

DC Comics rule!

Give the first couple episodes a look; if you aren't liking it at that point you might as well skip it.

I don't like Gotham much either.

And DC comics are silly

Yep. Watch a couple of episodes to decide if you like the whole 'classy' feel Agent Carter has, though the last episode airs this Tuesday and Agents of Shield returns in a couple of weeks.

Alright, whenever it comes on I will be sure to give a couple of episodes a shot. I wont expect to like it as much as Arrow or The Flash, but maybe it will surprise me!

I prefer its blatant science-fantasy compared to Marvel which gives off a 'try-too-hard' science-fiction feel to it (Marvel is also science-fantasy, what with Thanos, Silver Surfer and Stephen Strange, but I hope you get my point). Maybe it doesn't and I prefer the feel of DC Comics more, not to mention it came before Marvel and I eventually got a little tired of all the rip-offs/inspirations and I just went to the original material; also it tends to be more mature. In the end, I like both Marvel and DC, but I like DC a little more (unfortunately Hollywood can't display it properly; Man of Steel being the closest one, but with the plot holes and such it doesn't represent it too well (still an awesome movie, however)).

Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron beg to differ. But yeah, I get what you mean. I find Marvel more relatable, which is why we haven't received a ground-braking DC movie yet. I guess it's hard to portray 'gods' and make them enjoyable.  

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I would offer my opinions on Agent Carter, but the show STILL doesn't have any channel in the UK yet. Even the broadcasters of SHIELD over here (Channel 4) haven't made a full decision about it yet, so in the meantime we're stuck without the show completely...

I mean seriously, this is getting ridiculous now. First Once Upon A Time is axed over here after two seasons to be left on a cliffhanger, and now THIS? Utterly ridiculous...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

My cousin once gave me an excellent quote:

Marvel gives us the heroes we can relate to, DC gives us the heroes we can look up to".

Says a lot, and I guess I just prefer the latter. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png