Nuparu, Matoran Inventor (BBC #69)

Gitaxian

Entry Image

I wanted to do something that just couldn't be done, or at least not done well, without CCBS parts. I decided to go for a Matoran because the smaller CCBS limbs give a lot more flexibility on such a small scale.

He's actually about 2 modules shorter than a protector.

Edited by Gitaxian
  • Upvote 5

The creator of the Boxer? Ah he looks so cute....

Looks like you did a nice little MOC there. What is that in his right hand?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Aw, I love this lil' dude. The orange lehrak staff makes a really good tool/weapon -- it looks like some sort of zappy drill thing. The only possible improvement I could think of would be to either make his shoulders broader, or his torso shorter. He looks a bit tall and reedy, even with the armor.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

The creator of the Boxer? Ah he looks so cute....

Looks like you did a nice little MOC there. What is that in his right hand?

It's an orange Lehrak staff from a power miners set with a gunmetal rounded shoulder armor attachment.

Here's some more pictures of the build:

Back view

Without Armor and Weapons

Alternate Pose

Ah yes... very nice.... So why is there an Onua Claw on his back?

Aw, I love this lil' dude. The orange lehrak staff makes a really good tool/weapon -- it looks like some sort of zappy drill thing. The only possible improvement I could think of would be to either make his shoulders broader, or his torso shorter. He looks a bit tall and reedy, even with the armor.

I think I am going to have to agree here. The staff was a good choice for an engineer's weapon of sorts. Also Matoran are known for being a little stockier by design so having a lanky and thin Matoran may not go over as well. I don't think you can make him any shorter, so expanding his shoulders to widen his profile may be your next best bet.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ah yes... very nice.... So why is there an Onua Claw on his back?

I think I am going to have to agree here. The staff was a good choice for an engineer's weapon of sorts. Also Matoran are known for being a little stockier by design so having a lanky and thin Matoran may not go over as well. I don't think you can make him any shorter, so expanding his shoulders to widen his profile may be your next best bet.

It was the weapon that inspired me to go with Nuparu in the first place - up until I found that part all I knew was that I wanted to make a matoran using the torso build.

I probably should have gone with a shoulder build closer to the protector of earth, but I wanted to push to see how small of a torso I could make. The claw is there as a sort of roll cage around the visible gear pattern on the top of the torso to go with the power-miners-inspired aesthetic.

I like your entry. Maybe you could use some armor on the legs, but it looks awesome overall.

Originally I've started with a concept of Nuparu as a Matoran as well, but I came up with a too non-humanoid leg design, so I've dropped the idea. Though it had a strong resemblance of the original Tohunga legs. In the end I switched to Zaria.

Have a good luck int he contest!

This is cute but doesn't scream Matoran to me... As others have said he's too tall and thin while at the same time the torso doesn't really seem to work. The shoulders and hips in Matoran are almost half that distance apart so it just makes his torso too long. Also you should probably lose the thighs completely and just give him a single piece leg to help with height. Remember how the matoran basically had feet attached directly to their hips? They certainly didn't have knees :P The arms are probably fine but they should pobably be posed into more of a bearhug stance as that's what Matoran have always looked like in the past, rather than having arms that hang they have wide embracing arms. Would love to see this entry with those few changes made...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

This looks more like a Turaga more then a Matoran, I really don't like the body and the head to be honest, I think it would be better to use the master head and put orange on other part of the body. The feet I think would be a lot better as the beast feet then those and weapon is a meh.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube