Nivawk (BBC #69)

Voxumo

It is said that even in Makuta's slumber he was able to watch over the events of Okoto. It was through the powerful Nivawk that he was capable of such a feat.

16597442361_c6508e0e18_o.jpg16598628895_a9692dcd04_o.jpg

Gallery

Alrighty so where to begin. This is my entry for the BBC #69. It is essentially a revamp of the 2004 set Nivawk, or more correctly the movie version.

You see when I first heard about the contest, I knew I wanted to do a lesser done character, afterall there can only be so many toa. And so I decided to do Nivawk, a character who had a surprising lack of mocs/art on the internet... Really you should try and find mocs of nivawk, they barely exist. However I knew I didn't just want to do a revamp of the set version, since well that version was incredibly lacking. Instead I took inspiration from the movie version of nivawk, yet combined it with the color scheme of the set version. I must say I think I accomplished this well. I'm also quite happy with the way I was able to keep the general feel of the upper legs of the set version but without that large 'takanuva' staff piece.

For reference, below is a picture of the actual movie version.

500px-Nivawk_as_movie_form.jpg

Now before people start shouting 'But your moc is so incredibly short compared to the set version!' I would like to point out that in the movie, Nivawk isn't very tall, maybe toa height if a little more. To prove this I took a snapshot from the actual movie, (seen below). In it you can very clearly see that nivawk is not that much taller than Dume. 

16336853979_cac7a2902d_o.png

And with that final explanation, I hope you will take the time to look through the gallery linked. I also apologize for the small pictures, but I worked with what I have camera wise.

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.