Paleo

Absolutely adore the use of that elemental ice part as a bullet trail/muzzle flare deal. I also really like the downward sloping shoulders, they have a natural curve to them. The thing I'm not fond of however are the general proportions of the figure. My eyes might be tricking me but the legs seem a bit too short. The big mask doesn't help matters either.

I do like this figure as a whole though. Good luck in the contest!

Edited by Djokson

You've done an excellent job at giving Matoro the right underwater aesthetic. The shoulders, feet, and the Cordak are particularly good examples.

I just love that blaster, though. That's what they should have looked like in 2007 instead of the monstrosities we actually got.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

This seem like a boring looking MOC, the body is really odd looking and the Tryna don't fit well at all. But I do like that the arm and legs, they're not custom and it's good to have something not custom in a MOC, but I don't like the feet, there just too small in my opinion. The weapons are good but it would be great to see the gun shoot.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Absolutely adore the use of that elemental ice part as a bullet trail/muzzle flare deal. I also really like the downward sloping shoulders, they have a natural curve to them. The thing I'm not fond of however are the general proportions of the figure. My eyes might be tricking me but the legs seem a bit too short. The big mask doesn't help matters either.

I do like this figure as a whole though. Good luck in the contest!

The proportions are kinda funky (as they are in most of BIONICLE), but I tried to remedy it a bit with longer legs and non-clown-shoes. It might be that the length of the Cordak blaster and claws are distorting it a bit. However, I was trying for a generally stockier build, as I always imagined Matoro as a bit shorter and more physically reserved. 

You've done an excellent job at giving Matoro the right underwater aesthetic. The shoulders, feet, and the Cordak are particularly good examples.

I just love that blaster, though. That's what they should have looked like in 2007 instead of the monstrosities we actually got.

Thanks!

This seem like a boring looking MOC, the body is really odd looking and the Tryna don't fit well at all. But I do like that the arm and legs, they're not custom and it's good to have something not custom in a MOC, but I don't like the feet, there just too small in my opinion. The weapons are good but it would be great to see the gun shoot.

What don't you like about the torso?

Edited by Paleo

I really enjoy how well, this flows, from the shoulders to the feet. The blaster effect is ingenious and looks really good. It may just be a bit of personnel preference, but I think a sort of hunchback look that the original had would improve the look. Really solid moc, good luck in the ctonest.

bzpsig.jpg

What don't you like about the torso?

Well the torso seem unfitting and would look better with different arm, legs and mask, plus the lower waist is bad looking

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Nice, I really like the bullet trail idea, and I like that you used blue ammo like in this CGI picture ^-^
(Not allowed to use that Image so just click this instead) :P

It took me by surprise how many Matoros came out of this contest too, but this one is one of the much better looking ones. :P

Edited by shadow_bunny13

OUPwunP.jpg

I really enjoy how well, this flows, from the shoulders to the feet. The blaster effect is ingenious and looks really good. It may just be a bit of personnel preference, but I think a sort of hunchback look that the original had would improve the look. Really solid moc, good luck in the ctonest.

Thanks! He is slightly hunched, but it started to look a little weird when I tried exaggerating it IMO.

I adore the torso and the blaster, though I am not fond of his arms. They look a bit simple. I like the legs but they seem short and the feet are too small. I give it a 6 out of 10. Good luck on the contest though!

Judging by the nigh universal repulsion to these proportions, it seems I might just be looking at it the wrong way, though I'm not really fond of the limbs either. The arms are as simple as they are because of a lack of designs that I know can make an arm that small and make it well armored, though if you know any I'd love to see them.

Nice, I really like the bullet trail idea, and I like that you used blue ammo like in this CGI picture ^-^

(Not allowed to use that Image so just click this instead) :P

It took me by surprise how many Matoros came out of this contest too, but this one is one of the much better looking ones. :P

Actually, the color is a result of trying to include the blue that is present in his armor elsewhere, as including it on his body cluttered the color-scheme.

Edited by Paleo