Okoto Dragon

Tora

Whoa, that's pretty cool. I like the solid color scheme and the use of the red axle pieces, which actually give a bit of detail to the creation. There isn't much else I can say about this, but it's a pretty solid CCBS creation overall and it's definitely a nice thing to take home.

Oh, thank you! ^_^

12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

Untitled-8_zps85rfmcat.png Untitled-6_zpsltqr5b53.png Untitled-5_zps4ntfbufs.png

Oh this is really cool. Any chance of getting building instructions? I kind of want to make me one... I need to know what sets and how many first though. I may go for a more red/black version myself....

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

This is truly very nice looking "Ice elemented" dragon, I really love the overall color scheme! And I couldn't have done this kinda leveled ccbs build, it's really over all really fascinating design!:)

Thank you very much! I'm not really used to building with ccbs but now I understand that all my limitations were all due to the lack of pieces.

Sounds like a fun event! This is a really nice Moc. But considering you were limited to protector parts only for the dragon makes it even better!

Oh yes there were a lot of protectors, about 150 in total. Thank you, G-Ray! I'm your fan by the way :)

Oh this is really cool. Any chance of getting building instructions? I kind of want to make me one... I need to know what sets and how many first though. I may go for a more red/black version myself....

Maybe I'll make the instructions some day, but currently it's not possible. But here's the head instruction if you want http://m.imgur.com/a/vUHQa
12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

Untitled-8_zps85rfmcat.png Untitled-6_zpsltqr5b53.png Untitled-5_zps4ntfbufs.png

Impressive falls short.  That is an awesome dragon.  How many protector sets did it take?  If ever try something like this I'll be sure to attribute your work.

• Upvote 1

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Impressive falls short.  That is an awesome dragon.  How many protector sets did it take?  If ever try something like this I'll be sure to attribute your work.

That's an interesting question. I tried to count and I think that there are at least pieces of 14 protectors of ice and water and some pieces from other protectors, like balljoints (there are 6 of them).

12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice MoC, consistent color scheme and structure. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Suoer cool MOC! I love the usage of the new brain stalks, I've been trying to figure out how to use them but to no avail so far :P

It's too bad this hasn't been shown on the front page yet! (Or if it has and I just missed ipip then ignore that last part)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Well the topic has 20 up-votes and a popular tag on the Opening post. So maybe it has a news story. 

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...

As awesome as this is...are you certain it's just protector pieces? I mean, I'm looking at the head, where did you get the longer teeth? Only LOSS, Pohatu, and PoS have those pieces. And then there's the white protector hand, that's not even in this wave.

That aside, this model is gorgeous even without taking that into account. :D

Edited by joev14

As awesome as this is...are you certain it's just protector pieces? I mean, I'm looking at the head, where did you get the longer teeth? Only LOSS, Pohatu, and PoS have those pieces. And then there's the white protector hand, that's not even in this wave.

That aside, this model is gorgeous even without taking that into account. :D

You just answered your first question — the teeth exist in Protector of Stone, so there's no reason a model made from Protector pieces couldn't include them. As for the white Protector hand, you can see in the original batch of photos that the original model used a Tr. Light Blue one, and the white one was substituted after he brought the model home with him (among other changes).

Anyway, I believe I've commented on this model someplace else, but it is truly a stellar design! It really shows what is possible even when working with a limited selection of the new BIONICLE parts. The face is extremely expressive, and the body feels very lifelike.

• Upvote 1

Oh wow, I'm on the front page. It's been a while since the last time I got there. :D

Thank you, guys.

Dragon11603, there're pieces of multiple types of the protectors. Andrew might have mistyped =)

Anapouri, http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17639-okoto-dragon/?do=findComment&comment=877761

joev14, I added just a couple pieces that matched better for this dragon later. The original version (made only of the protectors) is available by clicking the first link.

Aanchir, thanks :P

12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

When I saw this on Tumblr, I reblogged it faster than almost anything else I've reblogged. I love this. I'm a huge sucker for dragons as is, but even without the parts limitations, this is gorgeous. Brilliantly done!

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

This is an excellent moc and an excellent dragon! Not to mention impressive given the piece limitations. This should totally be an official model.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

• 3 weeks later...

it looks great and the newest one is a lot better, but I find it a little funny that you didn't spam the MOC with a lot of Protector of ice mask :P

So i could what, bring home tons of protectors' masks? :D

No, thanks. I'm not a big fan of this mask. Besides, I didn't know if they'd allow me to take this thing home anyway.

12_zps8keayfxf.jpg