Giant Visorak display made of Lego

Crezdonn

https://imgur.com/a/M1xZR

I bought this from someone a short while back. I've never seen something like this, and I've tried researching it to find other info. The only thing I could find was a 2005 BZPower post showcasing this figure and a hordika Vakama figure similar to this.

It's made of lego besides a small metal skeleton underneath the lego (to support it)

The smaller visorak on the top of it is just for size comparison and not part of the actual statue. Would something like this be collectible and is it one of a kind? Does anyone have any kind of information about these things?

• Upvote 4

*takes one look at the display*

That's it. I'm done. I'll never see any LEGO model more awesome than that. Goodbye.

In all seriousness, my best guess is that it came from a LEGO store or something. It had to be something to promote the 2005 line.

• Upvote 4

mindeth the cobwebs

Forgot to include the link to the BZPower story... Yeah I think it came from a lego store, I'd just like to get more info on the background of it, like how many were made, was it actually commissioned to be made by lego, etc.

My friend suggested sending an email to lego asking about it but I don't know how readily they have this info available

Here's the story: http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=2315

This Visorak one in particular (I think there were two in total?) was actually part of a sweepstakes giveaway where you had to call in during a Nickelodeon show (it wasn't a rebroadcast of any of the movies, weirdly enough) and be caller number X.

I remember this because I was one away from winning it =P.

• Upvote 5

I remember seeing this model in a TRU in early 2006! Nice purchase, but if you ever take it apart, I would -never- forgive you. Not that you would, but it's just too awesome...  :br:

Omg now I want to see someone break a one of a kind set like this and post the video here O.o :blink: o.O

Edited by bioniclepluslotr

How much did it cost you? I have always wanted one of those Bionicle statues but it would be really expensive and rare, it would be the centerpiece of any Bionicle collection! So cool!

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I'd like to take that off of your hands when your up for it! I'm opening a bionicle museum and would love something huge like this!

Let me know what you think!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I'd like to take that off of your hands when your up for it! I'm opening a bionicle museum and would love something huge like this!

Let me know what you think!

I knew you'd be trying to acquire it! :P

Anyway, quite the collector's object to have! It definitely seems a bit bulky to have around, though. And how did you even get it inside?

~B~

Lol, it's a unique piece, I'll be posting a topic here in about a month on details on "The Bionicle Archives". It would be great to have this in there because it is just awesome, and huge! If you're in the USA that would make getting it way easier, assuming that you would consider parting with it? either way, this thing is great. about how much does it weigh?

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Am I in the B/S/T forum or the Discussion forum? Hard to tell nowadays :P let's try and not harass the poor user, hehe :)

Anyways, I remember a Tahu Nuva structure like this at the Lego Store in the Mall of America (back when I went there a LONG time ago). They also had Vakama Metru, but he was a simple plastic statue (great for awkward photos that I don't wish to speak of, hehe)

It is super cool that you were able to acquire a statue like this for such a good price

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Nice, this was one of the statues I always wanted to get one day. Awesome job man

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I paid $150 for this. The guy originally wanted $650, but I guess nobody responded to the listing because he put it up for $250, got him down to $150, and went to buy it. What a pain to transport though, it's extremely heavy. The whole base is steel.

What a deal! That's pretty crazy. This model is intense. I remember seeing this in BZP news articles back in the day - pretty cool that you obtained one.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

If only it was gold - You would have a scale Kahgarak.

• Upvote 1

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724