Best And Worst Qoutes From Bionicle.

List the best and worst dialogue of Bionicle, be it from the books, movies, games, comics, whatever.I'll start.Best: "The six Toa Metru could triumph over any foe. But if one of us was not one of us, treachery would win the day. That is what you counted on, wasn't it, Krahka?" - Nokama; The Darkness BelowWorst: "The Key to Nongu?" - Onewa; Web of ShadowsYour turn!Edit: Wow, I spelled "quotes" wrong.

Edited by knuckles chaotix
  • Upvote 1

Worst: "'Cause that's what friends do."Best: "Destroy me? You cannot destroy me. No more than you can destroy the sea, or the wind. Or - the void.""You are like the sea? The sea bears life! The sea bore us!""I bore you, for I am Nothing. And out of Nothing, you came. And it is into Nothing that you will go. I stand with Mata Nui, side by side. I am his brother. The people of the world are builders. But look into their hearts ... and you will find that they also have the power to destroy. I am that power. I am destruction. And I WILL destroy you."

• Upvote 1

Jaller's crunchfest smashtalk with Hakkann always amused me.I guess the worst is...anything that retched from the mouth of Onewa.Well, and Teri's 01 speach. Calling himself nothing might not have been the most epic thing to say."I am the mighty Teridax, and nothing can defeat me! ...oh wait, I am nothing..."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Worst: "'Cause that's what friends do."Best: "Destroy me? You cannot destroy me. No more than you can destroy the sea, or the wind. Or - the void.""You are like the sea? The sea bears life! The sea bore us!""I bore you, for I am Nothing. And out of Nothing, you came. And it is into Nothing that you will go. I stand with Mata Nui, side by side. I am his brother. The people of the world are builders. But look into their hearts ... and you will find that they also have the power to destroy. I am that power. I am destruction. And I WILL destroy you."

This.
  • Upvote 1

Best: "You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."Worst: Non-canon but "Beware my stinger tail."

Edited by Solare
  • Upvote 2

\/ The user below me is dumb a neat guy. \/

Best: "Don't you realize that you're fighting for a lost cause?""Maybe...But don't you realize that those are the only ones worth fighting for?"-Brutaka and Axonn respectively.Worst: I guess "Cause that's what friends do."

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Best: Plenty of dramatic Makuta quotes abound."The people of the world are builders. But look into their hearts, and you will find they also have the power to destroy. I am that power. I am destruction. And I WILL destroy you.""Little Toa, you have not yet begun to see even the barest outlines of my plans. I have schemes within schemes that would boggle your feeble mind. You may counter one, but there are a thousand more of which you know nothing. Even my ... setbacks ... are planned for, and so I shall win in the end.""Sometimes, my brothers, the best way, the only way to win... is by losing."Mutran was also pretty funny in his blog, what with his callous disregard for life and sometimes pretty sarcastic tone.Then we got some good quotes Tahu and the rest of his team, particularly "Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."The worst quotes I'm not sure about, but most of the cheesy ones definitely qualify, like the various word plays. Vezon's insanity swung between awesome and groan-inducing, too.

• Upvote 1

i've ben waiting to say this.some of the best:jaller: why are you leaving, coward?hakann: i dont like crowds, especially armed onea that are after mehakann: how did you learn that move?jaller: this mask. lets be me do things others cant.hkann: and i thought toa wore masks to hide their ugly facesalso, alot of vezon qoutes are hilarious.almost everything said in MNOLG, MNOLG2, and in the bohrok animations were the best qoutes, but there are too many to nameall the worst quotes come from the movies.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Best:#1: Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero. -Kopaka#2: The entire dialogue between the TM and Terry in MNOG was awesome on so many levels.#3: Turaga Nuju often said the universe was a riddle. Today, I am the answer. -Matoro *sniff*#4: I have but one destiny. -Takanuva#5: I lead only those that choose to follow. That's the difference between being a leader and tyrant. -VakamaWorst:#1: 'Cause that's what friends do. *cringe*

• Upvote 1

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Most of the 2001 dialogue was brilliant, especially the final battle between the Mata and Makuta. I don't think I could realistically pick a favorite, it's like splitting hairs.I'll have to go with the crowd here and say the quote "'cause that's what friends do" is so terribly, undeniably corny ... it's essentially just plain wrong and has no real place in BIONICLE.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Just throwing this amusing Taipu quote in: "A long time ago many rocks fell on my head. That did not hurt much. Neither do these Rahi."Best: "If you ride with me there'll be no foot-walking. Just air-flying!" Not necessarily being particularly meaningful, but it was skillfully done in the movie, some epic voice acting and good animation made it a legendary line.Worst: "Beware my Stinger tail" At the end of the day, it's unbeatable as 'worst'

• Upvote 1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Best: "Don't you realize that you're fighting for a lost cause?""Maybe...But don't you realize that those are the only ones worth fighting for?"-Brutaka and Axonn respectively.

This, so much. I love that line to pieces.I'm not sure "That's what friends do" was bad in itself, more the delivery of it. Which stinks, but otherwise I thought that voice actor was doing very well (having also voiced Nidhiki and Sidorak, I believe).I dunno about worst, but I'd say there was an overabundance of snarky remarks during battles, especially in 2006. A little bit is okay, but it kinda detracted from the drama for me.
rahkshi_symbol.png

"I helped to birth a world of order. But from what I have seen in the female's mind ... you have turned it into a universe of madness and fear. It is not worth saving. But it is the universe you and your kind deserve. Take yourselves from my prison ... take your memories and plans with you ... for the horrors already in your minds are worse than any I could visit upon you. I condemn you to your fate — life in the universe you and your kind have made."— Tren Krom, Federation of FearThat quote is probably my favorite. It may seem kind of biased(and it probably is) because Tren Krom is my favorite character, but I just love that quote. However, I think the most legendary quote is Makuta's famous"You cannot destroy me, for I am nothing."— Teridax to the Toa Mata, Mata Nui Online GameAs for the worst, probably the infamous "'cause dats whut friends do" which is so undeniably cheesy that it doesn't even deserve a fancy quote thing.

Edited by Demon Llama

overlordsukapon.png

Best:"Your possession of the Mask of Time may leave me inclined to stay my hand, but we both know that there are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."— Makuta Teridax, Time TrapWorst:"Because that's what friends do."

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Best: "Alright, who fired the tickle Spinner?"Worst: "For Unity!"BTW "The Key to Nongu?" is an awesome quote!

Haha... Yes, that quote from Matau is really funnyMy best quote is:"You cannot destroy me, for I am nothing."- TeridaxOr some other funny but also a little bit silly quotes:"It's Gadunka. Too bad we don't have any of those explosive Madu fruit like on our old island. I could teach him to play fetch."- Hewkiior:"Toa! Hey, that's great. I always wanted to be a Toa. Just one question: what's a Toa?"- Pohatu Edited by Aris621

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

Most of the 2001 dialogue was brilliant, especially the final battle between the Mata and Makuta. I don't think I could realistically pick a favorite, it's like splitting hairs.

This. Here's couple other good ones that comes to mind though.-"Your possession of the Mask of Time may leave me inclined to stay my hand, but we both know that there are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt." -Teridax-"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Kopaka Nuva-"And we're not going to give him that time ... we're going to do a Pohatu on him.""A Pohatu?""That's right. 'When in doubt, smash everything and hope you're somewhere else when it all goes boom.'" - Tahu and Kopeke-"You are being given a great honor – to set foot on the island of Artakha. Once we are there, my master will speak with you ... or not ... depending on his whim. He may open his fortress for the first time in millennia and welcome you in – or he may banish you forever without a second thought.""Sounds like a party. When do we leave?" - Pohatu-"So if we win, everyone quick-dies, and if we lose, everyone quick-dies. Oh, those Great Beings and their wacky sense of humor." - LewaThere's also the scene at the beginning of Island of Doom, where Jaller tells Matoro that he knows if he asks Takanuva what Matoro won't tell him, the Toa of Light can't keep a secret. So he asks him, and without a second thought to it, Takanuva straight up tells him. Always made me laugh.Worst quote? Eh, there were a couple from the LoMN and WoS that were pretty corny and didn't seem to fit. Most from Whenua, actually. "That's what friends do", "I don't think I wanna be Hordika", just a couple things like that. There's not all that many bad lines in the series. Edited by Bite My Shiny Metal Armour
exo-toa_battle.jpg

Worst: "B-but I can't defeat him myself!" as said by Sidorak in WoS, whom the books/comics had been portraying as a skilled military commander who prefers to be at the forefront of battle. He was so horribly out of character in that movie.Best: "I work alone." "By choice, or just 'cause no-one can stand you?" Kopaka and Pohatu, my two favourite characters. :P

Edited by Kumata

best "Alright who fired the tickle spinner" Toa hordika Matau web of shadowsWorst "The shadow has arrived" Makuta teridax Legends of metru nui movie

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The best: "You don't know this group of Toa. We make our own luck. Now let's move before that thing remembers we're here." - Toa Hordika WhenuaThe second best: "That will be two more seconds than I need to turn you to ash, Dark Hunter" said Vakama. "So who wants to be first?" Why: The Whenua quote at top is an addendum to the famous Kopaka quote in MoL. The Vakama quote is showing how you do not have to be powerful to have a strong effect on destiny, a la the "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero" but a little more powerfully and sharper. As for the worst, the one that comes to mind is the quote from Mata Nui "And you grew as a people past the point where you needed a Great Spirit to guide you." This is after the Great Spirit saves the helpless Toa and Agori though sheer might, making this quote almost an out and out lie. They might not need one to guide them, but they need one to save them, and I just don't like that quote that much. It also contradicts the messages of the first two quotes shown above. This whole thing is a matter of opinion, however.

The best quote? Oh gosh...There's too many of them for me to pick from. As for the worst quote? Probably any of the dialouge from Bionicle: The Game."Help. Something...Something's chasing me. You have to stop it!" -TakuaReally Takua? Thanks for telling me that

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

• 2 weeks later...

Worst quote? Eh, there were a couple from the LoMN and WoS that were pretty corny and didn't seem to fit. Most from Whenua, actually. "That's what friends do", "I don't think I wanna be Hordika", just a couple things like that. There's not all that many bad lines in the series.

Whenua was uncharacteristically dumb in the movies. He's actually one of the smarter characters.Actually, many characters acted entirely different in the varied forms of media. Sidorak comes to mind. Vezon is another obvious example, and I don't like the changes Greg made to him. A few other characters seemed a bit off in the serials as well.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

"My armor's black. That doesn't mean my heart is as well." -Onua"You fool, Axonn! Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?""Maybe, but don't you realize those are the only kind worth fighting for?" -Brutaka and AxonnI like these ones. There are someother good ones too but I can't find them. I don't really like to remember bad quotes. I just forget about them.

best: prawwnbably vvezon glubin aboat wwhere the boat wwas goin and recountin his encounter wwith a spiralor possibly makutas 'i am nothin' speechwworst: pretty much anythin from the legend reborn

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Best: "When wisdom and Valor fail, all that is left is faith, and it can overcome all"- TahuWorst: "Now are we going to play in the mud or are we going to rescue matoran?"- VakamaOr, from the same page of that comic: "Yuck! When I get my hands on Matau..."- Onewa"Of Course!"- Mata Nui

Edited by Leto