Best And Worst Qoutes From Bionicle.

MNOG has some awesome quotes:"You cannot destroy me... for I am nothing.""But I know the Makuta is here now, in these burnt trees, and in the dead soil. All of these things were destroyed by the Makuta, but he never left them. That is how he becomes strong. That is what the Makuta does. He destroys things."I also love Matoro's speech from the end of The Kingdom:"No, Makuta. You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong – it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist – even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits... and minds... can be broken."In my opinion, the worst quotes are these lame jokes from the movies. Vezon's lines are very annoying too, at least to me.

Oh yes. I have quite the assortment of good quotes:“You can walk out, Roodaka, under your own power, and carry out a mission for some friends of mine, or I can carry you out, plant you in a hole outside, and we’ll see if anything grows.”-Brutaka“Reidak, there’s this new pastime called thinking. You really should try it.”-Thok“Excuse me, oh brutal, blade-wielding, lover of gardening. I have never met any Makuta face to mask and wouldn’t know one if he stepped on me and ground me into the dirt. I think maybe you wanted someone else … I’m Vezon with an ‘n,’ you see, not Vezok with a ‘k,’ and --”-Vezon“Sure! A secret mission means if you get killed, I won’t tell anyone. And you still haven’t answered any of my one-hundred and ten questions, or any of my follow-ups.”-Vezon“We’re going to a place called Destral. If you succeed you live to battle another day. if you fail you die horribly.”-Trinuma“You have no powers. You have no mind. You are about to have no head.”-Tridax to Vezon“And if we refuse? What will you do then, you formless freak?”-Axonn“I should throw off cliffs more often. It’s fun.”-Raidak“They must have heard Lewa tell a story before.”-Onua Nuva“You just saw our technique. We laugh in the face of danger, but sometimes danger doesn't get the joke.”-Pohatu NuvaI don’t care if it sings, dances, and can juggle Kanohi blindfolded. Can it get us out of here?-Toa IruniAlthough I'm sure there are plenty of bad ones.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Best: Makuta's speech at the end of MNLOG, of course. Even though we eventually learned he was lying about much of it, in some ways that only makes it an even greater illustration of Makuta's deception, which of course goes right along with the various illusional forms he took during that fight.Worst:Potatoe: Brother!Omoa: Brother!Potatoe: Brother!Omoa: Enough.Potatoe: Brother!Omoa: Shut up!Alright, so that wasn't an actual quote from Bionicle, just from Bionicle Guru's still-phenomenal spoof Bornicle (look it up in the Forum Achive if you have the chance) - but I'd say it pretty well illustrates the utter failure of most of the movie dialogue. I'm suprised people are saying The Legend Reborn was the worst in that respect, because (occasional continuty errors aside) I thought the first half of the movie probably was more tollerable in that regard than most of the first three. But then again, by the end of the film it pretty much fell apart, so....

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I think the best quote was the original "Legend of Mata-Nui" that was so often repeated in Bionicle media. That legend is what made me a Bionicle fan.As for worst, probably half the stuff from the movies. Not that the actual content is bad, it's just that the lines are always delivered so corny. I think watching those movies has forever ruined those quotes in the book, because I've always got this movie voice-over in my head.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I consider this one of the best. I'm too lazy to add all the other awesome quotes."Five of us, five thousand of them. I like your idea of fair odds Hahli." - Kongu.Worst? Well the scene isn't really that bad, seeing that we see Mata Nui being awesome, but the quotes were too cheesy. From TLR.Tuma: Yeeesssss. So brave. I hoped all the Glatorian would come. But it seems they're even bigger cowards than I thought! Either he's a madman, or he'd like to join the winning side! Which is it?Mata Nui: I'm here to fight for my friends' freedom. One on one. Unless the Skrall leader is the real coward.Tuma: I'm going to enjoy tearing that fancy mask from your face!

Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best quotes involve Pohatu:"And we're not going to give him that time ... we're going to do a Pohatu on him.""A Pohatu?""That's right. 'When in doubt, smash everything and hope you're somewhere else when it all goes boom.'"— Tahu and Kopeke"Toa! Hey, that's great. I always wanted to be a Toa. Just one question: what's a Toa?"— PohatuThe worst:"Woo-hoo!"— Kiina

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

The people of the world are builders, but look into their hearts and you will find that they also have the power to destroy. I am that power. I am Destruction. And I WILL destroy you.-Makuta2001 was good for epic quotes.BEWARE MY STINGER TAIL!-A Vorox2009 was not.

Best: "You still haven't answered my 1000 questions, or their follow-ups." -Vezon"Better than one for failure" -Roodaka"..." -Minion"GRAAARGH!" -GadunkaWorst:"In the time before time, the Great Spirit Mata Nui descended from the heavens, carrying we, the Matoran, to this island paradise. However, we were seperate and without purpose, so, he blessed us with three virtues: Unity, Duty, and Destiny." -Vakama

aouROFb.png

best: (i think it goes like this, if i failed feel free to correct it) toa! there are a thousand ways i could kill you! and 941 of them hurt.and now i steal fallen silences quotes"And we're not going to give him that time ... we're going to do a Pohatu on him.""A Pohatu?""That's right. 'When in doubt, smash everything and hope you're somewhere else when it all goes boom.'"— Tahu and Kopeke"Toa! Hey, that's great. I always wanted to be a Toa. Just one question: what's a Toa?"— Pohatuworst: wooooooohooooo!

Edited by bumblebee

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

One of my all time favorites:"The challenge of being a Makuta is choosing which powers to use to destroy your enemies. It gets boring using the same ones all the time. Variety is the spice of destruction, after all."— AntrozIt just sounds cool.Others include:"Blue armor, nasty spikes, weapons in both hands. I saw him make a rock explode just by glancing at it.""Sounds like someone we should talk to."— Toa Inika Nuparu and Jaller"Take to the shadows. They are, after all, the prisons we have made for ourselves."— Makuta Krika"Some of his former colleagues said you could not turn your back on him. The truth is, he would happily look you right in the eyes while stabbing you in the back."— The Shadowed One"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."— Makuta Teridax"I dislike a traitor, but I despise an incompetent one."— The Shadowed OneSo yeah, I like villain quotes better. Some of the stuff Tahu said in MNOLG was epic, though.EDIT: There are a host of bad quotes that I don't really want to go and dig up.

Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

Best quote? Just look at my sig for some great quotes!Although another one of my favorites that isn't in my sig is Matoro's little speech at the end of The Kingdom. I don't remember it off the top of my head, but it was something along the lines of"It is because you are nothing that I can destroy you!"As for worst, I don't really want to think about it. Probably "Cause that's what friends do."

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Oh yes. I have quite the assortment of good quotes:“You can walk out, Roodaka, under your own power, and carry out a mission for some friends of mine, or I can carry you out, plant you in a hole outside, and we’ll see if anything grows.”-Brutaka“Reidak, there’s this new pastime called thinking. You really should try it.”-Thok“Excuse me, oh brutal, blade-wielding, lover of gardening. I have never met any Makuta face to mask and wouldn’t know one if he stepped on me and ground me into the dirt. I think maybe you wanted someone else … I’m Vezon with an ‘n,’ you see, not Vezok with a ‘k,’ and --”-Vezon“Sure! A secret mission means if you get killed, I won’t tell anyone. And you still haven’t answered any of my one-hundred and ten questions, or any of my follow-ups.”-Vezon“We’re going to a place called Destral. If you succeed you live to battle another day. if you fail you die horribly.”-Trinuma“You have no powers. You have no mind. You are about to have no head.”-Tridax to Vezon“And if we refuse? What will you do then, you formless freak?”-Axonn“I should throw you off cliffs more often. It’s fun.”-Raidak“They must have heard Lewa tell a story before.”-Onua Nuva“You just saw our technique. We laugh in the face of danger, but sometimes danger doesn't get the joke.”-Pohatu NuvaI don’t care if it sings, dances, and can juggle Kanohi blindfolded. Can it get us out of here?-Toa IruniAlthough I'm sure there are plenty of bad ones.

Those are some of my favorites.

I came to this this topic fully expecting someone to have already mentioned this quote, but -somehow- iy has evaded everyone else's memory."I'm here to kill you.""Oh. I knew there was something I liked about you!" - Mazeka and VezonHonestly, I like most of the epic quotes that reach inside and touch something in you just as much or probably more than the funny ones, but all the best have already been mentioned. There isn't really a point in reiterating.I have to say, reading this topic I found myself alternatively shifting from uncontrollable fits of laughter to periods of solemnly remembering some of the most emotional parts of the storyline. I largely ignored the "worst quotes" people brought up because I can't think of any garishly awful quotes and the ones most people have been discussing are more so cheesy than anything else. I understand that GregF needed to throw in a couple lines (esp. in the movie scripts) that make older audiences cringe slightly in order to maintain the interest of the younger age group that provided TLG with a hefty source of income that allowed the line to continue. To be honest, there weren't really any truly ghastly quotes even in the movies. The few perpetrators of extreme cheesiness are the couple everyone keeps bringing up "Cause that what friends do." and "Woohoo!" Let's be fair. Two dreadful ones among all that canon isn't all that bad and the veritable plethora of amazing quotes that keep coming up in droves is simply awesome.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

• 8 years later...

Best: “No, he won’t.” - Narrator of the final 2008 comic after Bitil brags aloud that he’s going to escape the energy storms and that Teridax will see that he’s his most trusted lieutenant, then promptly gets fried in mid-sentence.

Worst: It’s hard to remember anything specific, but probably something from the first movie.

EDIT: Did I really just resurrect a long-dead topic? Why did it show up on the first page...?

Oh, I guess I got here from Google. Sorry... *crawls into the shadows*

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Like 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 1 year later...

One of my best

"Is there anywhere on Mata Nui where you do feel at home?"

"I don't complain about Ta Koro."

"But you wander off every chance you get looking for stories. What about your story?"

"I don't have a story."

"Only 'cause you won't sit still long enough to make one. We all have a destiny, you know."

Sorry, I don' got a worst. I like the franchise too much.

• Like 1

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but Time Trap probably has the best quotes in it, like when Vakama is smashing all those Kanohi leading up to the Vahi. Good thing Makuta forgot about his Stasis Field power!

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:24 PM, TERIDAX941 said:

"hey Nokama! I see us taking a romantic ride-drive"

"haha and you think Vakama has odd visions."

"HUH?!"

This is the one I thought of and do not much like.
Heard it newly and rewound the audio book twice. To me, it's a peaceful thing to imagine Bionicle as a world free from these grown-up sort of predicaments. 

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

16 hours ago, Mushy the Mushroom said:

This is the one I thought of and do not much like.
Heard it newly and rewound the audio book twice. To me, it's a peaceful thing to imagine Bionicle as a world free from these grown-up sort of predicaments. 

That was the quote that turned Greg into the Joker.

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best: The one in my signature. It really captures the whimsy and fun of early Bionicle and how it invited you into it.

Worst: There weren't really any awful ones. Generally, Bionicle has awesome dialogue. There's no Bionicle equivalent of "I don't like sand."

Edited by Master Inika

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

18 hours ago, Master Inika said:

There's no Bionicle equivalent of "I don't like sand."

Au contraire. "Cause that's what friends do."

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2011 at 5:49 AM, Relapse said:

Jaller's crunchfest smashtalk with Hakann always amused me.I guess the worst is...anything that retched from the mouth of Onewa.Well, and Teri's 01 speech. Calling himself nothing might not have been the most epic thing to say."I am the mighty Teridax, and nothing can defeat me! ...oh wait, I am nothing..."

It fits since he may have been using the Antidermis (which wasn't named yet to possess and create spare bodies to confront the Toa Mata to test them.

• 4 months later...

I didn't realize how sassy pohatu was in the first comic.

Kopaka: I work alone

Pohatu: By choice or because nobody can stand you?

• Like 1

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

Worst quote for me is Metus in The Legend Reborn, when he specifically tells Mata Nui to "put down your shield and your weapon"... when Mata Nui is holding two shields. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

9 hours ago, Nato G said:

Worst quote for me is Metus in The Legend Reborn, when he specifically tells Mata Nui to "put down your shield and your weapon"... when Mata Nui is holding two shields. 

Mata Nui's shield looks way more like a bladed weapon than a shield. Besides, voice lines are always recorded before animation. They're not going to call Worf back into the studio just to re-do one line.

Edited by Lorentz