Pulse takes the points!

46. The BZPower banner currently says “Bionicle and LEGO News, Creations, and Discussion”. What did it originally say?

PLAYERS

1. Liuth

2. Makuta Luroka

3. Valendale - 8

4. ShadowVezon - 6

5. JiMing - 2

6. Underscore

7. Ghidora - 2

8. fishers64 - 26

9. Madu Cabolo - 2

10. Kopekemaster

11. Pulse - 8

12. MrPerson

13. Shadow Ignited

14. Vrokota

15. Unit

16. ToaD - 2

17. Burnmad - 24

18. ToaK - 10

Burnmad is our second captain! He can no longer answer questions.

47. Which player answered Question #27 correctly?

PLAYERS

1. Liuth

2. Makuta Luroka

3. Valendale - 8

4. ShadowVezon - 6

5. JiMing - 2

6. Underscore

7. Ghidora - 2

8. fishers64 - 26

9. Madu Cabolo - 2

10. Kopekemaster

11. Pulse - 8

12. MrPerson

13. Shadow Ignited

14. Vrokota

15. Unit

16. ToaD - 2

17. Burnmad - 26

18. ToaK - 10

ToaK takes it!

48. What is the current title of the sequel to The LEGO Movie?

PLAYERS

1. Liuth

2. Makuta Luroka

3. Valendale - 8

4. ShadowVezon - 6

5. JiMing - 2

6. Underscore

7. Ghidora - 2

8. fishers64 - 26

9. Madu Cabolo - 2

10. Kopekemaster

11. Pulse - 8

12. MrPerson

13. Shadow Ignited

14. Vrokota

15. Unit

16. ToaD - 2

17. Burnmad - 26

18. ToaK - 12

Correct!

E: Thanks to the points margin, ToaK has become the third captain!

I will set up a PM with the three captains and begin the selection process; once the teams are decided, I shall post to let you all know what they are, and then the first round shall begin!

Edited by Lucina

Here are your teams!

Team Fishers

Pulse

Liuth

Kopekemaster

JiMing

Vrokorta

Team Burnmad

Unit

ToaD

Luroka

Shadow Ignited

MrPerson

Team ToaK

ShadowVezon

Underscore

Valendale

Ghidora

Madu Cabolo

---

Now, I don't know about you, but those team names are terrible. So!

ROUND ONE

All three teams have three days to come up with a team name, as well as put together a banner for their team! Make your team names absurd, or hilarious, or epic! Make your banners awesome and visually appealing! The losing teams will each be forced to vote out a single member of their team. I will be setting up a PM for each team ASAP so that you may coordinate.

There is also a TWIST in effect this round; you will find out what the twist is later.

Ask any questions that you might have!

BEGIN!

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Wait were we supposed to post those here

I thought iBrow was going to do that for us, since he's in all the PMs

*Snaps fingers*

I'm not playing the game - as such, I don't see any reason to do the work for your team.

You wouldn't be doing work for our teams, you would merely be judging to see which is best, which I assume you're going to do anyway.

But since you want us to post them, are non-team captains allowed to do so?

If you consult the original VERSUS, you will recall that all teams were required to post their banners in the main topic. I suspect this game is no different. 

And yes, non-team captains can post. (I posted because I was online and I had to make a last-minute vote/captain decision between three banners.)

Colonel Roy Mustang.

Hina Kagiyama.

Unit#Phntk1.

MrPerson.

Makuta Luroka.

Snow Queen Eva.

These 6 people make up the team formerly known as Team Burnmad. But from now onward, we shall be known as...

The CHUMMS.

chumms_banner.jpg

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

Uh, I cannot do anything with pictures at the moment and my teammates are nonresponsive. Our team name is SELFMADE HARCORE MAFIAAAA but I cannot post the banner. But doesn't Mega Orb win by default for being closest to the deadline?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

END ROUND ONE

While I do like the name that Team SHM (Self-Made Hardcore Mafiaaaa) came up with, and their banner is my favorite in its simplicity, I cannot ignore the fact that their banner and team name were not posted until almost a full three hours after the deadline that was given. I would have given the victory to them this round had it been posted on time (or at least closer to the deadline), as I was very impressed with their teamwork compared to the other teams. Unfortunately, time is a valuable commodity, and as such, I cannot award them any higher than second place this round.

That leaves the decision of which team is first and which team is third. While I like the name of Burnmad's team better - CHUMMS, as an acronym, cleverly works in the names of every team member - their banner is merely avatars plastered on a flaming background, without a team name upon it for those who are un-informed to know what the point of it is. The banner for Team MEGA-ORB (Most Extravagant Gathering of Refined Bonkle Fans) does a better job of representing their team. In addition, Team MEGA-ORB managed to post their team name and banner closest to the deadline, and they also actively worked together as a team. As such, I reward first place to Team MEGA-ORB.

First Round Results

1. Team MEGA-ORB - You are safe from the vote this round! You can rest easy, and prepare yourselves for whatever the next round might bring.

2. Team SHM:           - Unfortunately, you must vote a member of your team out. I will send an individual PM to each member of your team, where you can vote for whoever you believe should be voted out. Votes for any players that do not vote shall count for double. 

3. Team CHUMMS    - Unfortunately, you must also vote a member of your team out. I will send an individual PM to each member of your team, where you can vote for whoever you believe should be voted out. Votes for any players that do not vote shall count for double. 

You will have 24 hours to vote.

I hardly think it's fair to judge teams by closeness to the deadline (which was missed by all, regardless), when you never actually, officially stated that they were supposed to post in the thread.

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

I hardly think it's fair to judge teams by closeness to the deadline (which was missed by all, regardless), when you never actually, officially stated that they were supposed to post in the thread.

*Snaps fingers*

Your team would have lost based upon every single other variable except the cleverness of using an acronym to represent individual members of your team. 

*Snaps fingers*

Your team would have lost based upon every single other variable except the cleverness of using an acronym to represent individual members of your team. 

No kidding! You didn't make that obvious in your other post, or anything. But since I was clearly arguing from a standpoint of trying to affect the results in my favor after the round had already ended, that definitely nullifies the legitimacy of my argument.

*Snaps fingers*

Gentlemen, let's not make this an issue. If I recall correctly, we were to post team names and banners in the topic in the original VERSUS, so I do not see why it would be any different in this game. As well, while it ought to be implied that this is a rule, you (Voltex) would have done well to have explicitly stated this requirement to avoid confusion such as this. However, since the round has ended, I suppose just remember this for the future. No use crying over spilled milk.

• Upvote 3

bBhcfWO.png

Gentlemen, let's not make this an issue. If I recall correctly, we were to post team names and banners in the topic in the original VERSUS, so I do not see why it would be any different in this game. As well, while it ought to be implied that this is a rule, you (Voltex) would have done well to have explicitly stated this requirement to avoid confusion such as this. However, since the round has ended, I suppose just remember this for the future. No use crying over spilled milk.

Well said, Luroka. You're accurate on all accounts here, and I do apologize for not making it clear enough.

I hardly think it's fair to judge teams by closeness to the deadline (which was missed by all, regardless), 

I actually thought I made the deadline by about 34 minutes. I would have posted earlier, but last-minute decisions and all that. 

(I thought the deadline was three days from March 29 at 7:40 PM. March 30, March 31, April 31 at 7:06 PM...)

Edited by fishers64

ELIMINATIONS

For Team CHUMMS, her absence caused votes against Shadow Ignited to count for double, and as such, she has been eliminated from the game.

For Team SHM, ShadowVezon has been eliminated by a vote of 3-1-1. 

And now we move onto Round - hmm? What was that? We have a twist?

*Checks list*

Indeed we do!

Since Team SHM came in second place last round, ShadowVezon has not been eliminated from the game, but shall instead join Team MEGA-ORB, the winners of Round 1. Once he leaves the Team SHM PM, I shall add ShadowVezon into the PM for Team MEGA-ORB. And now we move onto the second round!

ROUND 2

Each team must make a post in each of the following forums!

-Announcements & Administration

-Overall Lego Discussion

-Creative Outlet

-BZPower Discussion

-Non-Lego Forums.

These posts must include one of the following phrases:

...this is just like when Vakama betrayed Roodaka in Web of Shadows.

...how does toast?

...why are there only four pedals when there are six directions?

...and that’s how I managed to make myself a custom Bowser amiibo!

...or so say the legends of Okoto, at any rate.

...and so you’re building it but they’re breaking it down.

...that smells terrible! Almost as bad as a rotten banana sliding down a slide covered in the slime of a dripping pen filled with lemon flavored ink colored green!

...such wow, very surprise.

...and so I named them Gerald and Agnes.

...and that raises the question: who the heck is Alfred von Tickleswort?

Every team must use each phrase at least once; every team must post in one of the above forums at least once; and every member of each team must post at least once. Once all of the posts have been made, a list containing links to every post must be posted in this topic. And no, you cannot use this topic for the phrases.

The more creative (and funny) your posts are, the higher you’ll score! The losing teams will both be forced to eliminate a member.

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS - BEGIN!!

• Upvote 1

Incoming SPAM, I predict.

The challenge here is that you don't just post spam; give your posts some meat to them, some substance. Something tangible and related to the discussions going on.

Also, I'm assuming we don't have to include the ellipses at the beginning of the phrases, right?

That is correct.