Cwog's Okoto-villager Self-MOC

Cwog

https://imgur.com/a/jHMsN#0

This is me, as an Okoto villager. basically uses styles from the protectors of Ice, Water, and Jungle, plus my own little flair. I recolored the Air Elemental Flame Bow, and designed my own pistol that connects to the little guy's left thigh.

The Bow is the Protector of Jungle's bow, just recolored, so it functions the same way. The pistol fires by rotating the barrel.

I did some slight reworking of the armor, as you can see in the "Vitruvian" pictures, and the arm construction is completely different from the Protector of Ice.

I know it's not that impressive, but I always wanted to built myself as a matoran, but the Matoran builds were always either really impersonal, or just odd. Thus, I finally worked up the strength to take apart some of my protectors and just build this. Any criticism would be very welcomed, as this is just my second MOC on BZP.

Edited by Cwog

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

It's...     alright but I think of it as a protector of ice moded that kidnapped jimmy (aka the Jungle protector bow) and painted it, I think doing some big change with the color scheme would be better like giving it some more silver pieces and giving him a different mask.

The weapons are good but I find it odd that he have two range weapon and no melee weapons, changing the pistol with a melee weapon like a staff or mace would work great.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Is it just me, or does the neck seem a little disjointed from the body? O.o

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

there is something...I can't really explain about recolorings that I really, really like.  That pistol looks just fine aswell.

I think this a good simple moc, Could pass as an actual set. (we had instances like Kongu Mahari that had two projectile weapons in a single set)

With that said, This is rather bland for a self moc, no? That's just me.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

It's...     alright but I think of it as a protector of ice moded that kidnapped jimmy (aka the Jungle protector bow) and painted it, I think doing some big change with the color scheme would be better like giving it some more silver pieces and giving him a different mask.

The weapons are good but I find it odd that he have two range weapon and no melee weapons, changing the pistol with a melee weapon like a staff or mace would work great.

I modeled the two-long-range-weapons style off of a soldier, who would typically carry a primary firearm (a rifle) and a secondary firearm (a pistol). As for the melee weapons, there's a photo in there displaying that with both weapons stowed, he can use the fangs on his back as daggers. As for the mask, all the villagers have the same mask, but regular villager masks have yet to be released. I would make the mask completely white if it existed (and I don't like painting pieces).

Is it just me, or does the neck seem a little disjointed from the body? O.o

Really? It might just be the nature of the Protector masks, with the bottom of the head left kind of bare. I didn't see a problem while building it.

there is something...I can't really explain about recolorings that I really, really like.  That pistol looks just fine aswell.

I think this a good simple moc, Could pass as an actual set. (we had instances like Kongu Mahari that had two projectile weapons in a single set)

With that said, This is rather bland for a self moc, no? That's just me.

Thank you! Bland, though? I didn't want to make a super-overpowered me, I wanted to imagine myself as a villager. That's why is the same general build as the protectors. Granted, I may do a more personalized self-moc that's Toa-sized later.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg