BZP Mafia: Score Attack

Dapper I Guess

(recommended listening material)

It was a perfectly normal day in the desert town of Po-BZP until a bright yellow cart rolled into town. It was the kind of foreign and unfamiliar vehicle that captured everyone's attention. The buggy rolled into a park, where a few people there watched two strangers step out of the vehicle: a toa in bright purple armor wearing a positively gorgeous trilby, and a tall and lanky matoran  wearing a cotton robe over his armor.

The two newcomers spent the next several hours setting up a variety of equipment in the park: a large scoreboard with 25 slots on it, several amplifiers, some computers back where no one would see them and a lot of wires connecting everything together. Eventually, at sundown, a small crowd of people had gathered in front of the large setup to see what exactly was going on. Suddenly, a deep and loud voice boomed from the speakers.

"Welcome, welcome, one and all, to the First Annual Mafia Score Attack, ladies and gentlemen!" said the voice.

Murmurs spread through the crowd, going from "Mafia? Isn't that illegal?" to "Finally, something interesting happening in this town," to "Ooh, I can't wait!" After some time, the purple toa with the hat and his matoran counterpart stepped out into the open to greet their new audience. The purple toa grabbed a microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I will be your presenter today!" said the toa, in the same booming voice. "I'll won't be the one running things, that guy-" he points to the robed matoran, "-will. I'm just here to introduce you guys to his new concept! He doesn't have much of a stage presence." 

"Aaaanyway, our twist here is that you will all be rewarded with POINTS, based on your performance! The winner is the survivor with the most points, so you'll have to either excel or knock out the guy in the lead! You won't know who it is, though, and it could even be you! Be cautious!" He continues. "As a reward for winning, your prize will be a little more self-esteem! We spent all our cash on that scoreboard, so no trophy just yet."

"Signing in will be anonymous, and on the scoreboard you will be identified by the username of your choosing! Get in the game, folks, because there's only 25 spots!"

The robed matoran, meanwhile, starts handing out sheets of paper that say:

RULES

-The winner is the one with the most Points. Team assignment does not matter.

-Posthumous betrayal of your team by role reveal will result in all of your Points being taken away, putting you in last place. Revealing teammates while alive will result in your immediate death and loss of Points.

-You can choose not to vote, or to vote for no one to be killed that round by voting "Null" or "No-one."

-Try not to get aggravated. Saltiness is not cool. At the same time, do not troll other players. This is supposed to be a fun game, guys.

-Infighting and betrayal are both encouraged, so backstab away! Remember, no role revealing.

ROLES

Team Village

• 10 points for voting during the day.
  • 20 points for lynching a Team Mafia player.
  • 300 points for winning the game for their side.

Villager (10):

• 10 points for surviving the night.
  • Additional 10 points for lynchingTeam Mafia player.

Medic: He can protect one person each night from all forms of harm.

• 10 points for choosing someone to protect.
  • 190 points for saving someone's life.

Detective: He can investigate a person to discover their role, and may choose to reveal that role anonymously.

• 10 points for choosing someone to investigate.
  • 10 points for discovering a Team Village or Unassigned special role.
  • 30 points for discovering a Team Mafia role.
  • 100 points for revealing a Team Mafia role.

Martial Arts Expert: He will kill the first player that tries to kill him.

• 10 points for surviving the night.
  • 50 points for killing an attacker.

Midknight: He can kill a single player each night. He (hopefully) fights for the village.

• 10 points for choosing someone to target.
  • 40 points for killing someone.

Attorney: During the day, he may defend a player, nullifying one vote against them. Additionally, he has two votes.

• 10 points for surviving the night.
  • Both of his votes count for 10 points.
  • 10 points for defending someone.
  • 40 more points if they were a Team Village role.
  • 150 more points if they would have been lynched otherwise.

Unassigned

• 350 points for surviving at the end of the game.

Fugitive: There's a bounty on his head. If he is killed, his killer gets all of his Points. If he is lynched, his Points are divided among those that voted for him. He still gets to keep his points after death.

• 10x points per round, where x equals the round number.

King Radical: He just wants the world to be a better place.

• Each round, he gains half of the total points earned that round.

Pyro: It's assumed that this cursed individual has a limited time to live, so they decided to go on a killing spree before they die.

• 20 points per kill.
  • 30 points for survivingday or night round.

Unpredictable Person: Each night, they may perfom a completely random action on the player of their choosing, either killing, incapacitating, protecting or giving Points. If he takes no action, the action is performed on himself.

• 10 points for choosing someone else to target.
  • 40 points per kill.
  • 10 points for incapping someone.
  • 300 points for saving a life.
  • 30 points for targeting himself.
  • Loses all points if he kills himself.

Kidnapper: Kidnaps a player each night, preventing them from taking any action or voting in the following lynch vote.

• 50 points for incapacitating someone.

Team Mafia

Mafian (5): They cast a vote on who to kill that night, and who among them they send to kill.

• 10 points for voting on who to kill or send.
  • 50 points for being selected to kill someone.
  • Additional 20 points for avoiding the following lynch.
  • 300 points for winning the game.

Keep in mind, roles more likely to earn more Points are far more lucrative targets. Watch your back.

Over time, the scoreboard would eventually fill up.

PLAYER ROSTER

1. Maj. Maes Hughes

2. MOOOOOOM Mafia, 10 Points Killed Night 1

3. ToaKapura1234

4. Rahkshi Guurahk

5. Xe

6. Underscore

7. Neo ShadowVezon

8. fishers64

9. Dragon.star, Mafia, 50 Points Killed Day 1

10. Seaborgium

11. habrfadtuegwtdlml?

12. Toa Chuck

13. Unit

14. Snow Queen Eva

15. Ehksidan

16. JAG18

17. Sora Tryon

18.Voxumo

19. Taka Nuvia

20. Lord Commander Mandacus

21. Shadowhawk

22. You Have 24 Hours

23. Tylerlicious

2427135: Makuta Luroka, Medic, 10 Points Killed Night 1

25. Col. Ray Mustang-Villager, 0 Points Killed Night 1

Good hunting, and may the best player win.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes
  • Upvote 7

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

Spot 25.

I very much like this concept! I do have several relatively minor concerns, however: Specifically, the Detective being able to anonymously reveal roles rubs me the wrong way; the point of the Doctor is so that the Detective can out his reports. But it doesn't really matter that much, so I digress. The Martial Arts Expert seems to have very low points-earning potential, when compared to other roles, while the King Radical has an extremely high one, especially if you do mean total points earned, as opposed to total points earned in just that round.

*Snaps fingers*

Spot 25.

I very much like this concept! I do have several relatively minor concerns, however: Specifically, the Detective being able to anonymously reveal roles rubs me the wrong way; [1] the point of the Doctor is so that the Detective can out his reports. But it doesn't really matter that much, so I digress.[2] The Martial Arts Expert seems to have very low points-earning potential, when compared to other roles, while the King Radical has an extremely high one,[3] especially if you do mean total points earned, as opposed to total points earned in just that round.

*Snaps fingers*

[1]: I've been playing the game for a while and I never noticed such a purpose to the Doc.

[2]: He's more or less supposed to be a villager with an extra life.

[3]: No, only half of the points in that round. Which could end up as half of the points in the game, if he lives to the end.

The Doctor is generally best employed as an extension to the life of the Detective; by allowing the Detec to out, the Doctor remains anonymous, with the same odds of survival each night as the Detective has when anonymous. As well, the Detective will be unable to die until the night after the Doctor dies. And the Detective will be able to out his reports, in games where he cannot do so anonymously; of course, he can do so by use of a proxy, but only if he gets an innocent on the first night, and then he is vulnerable due to his anonymity, both to the Mafia and to the Village's killing roles.

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

Hmm... This is an interesting take on mafia. Sign me up. Spot 18 if possible

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, this certainly is something different. You've definitely put some thought into it.

While I have my reservations about the "we're playing Mafia but..." system (thanks to my experiences with Damage Control and Feudal Kingdoms,) this looks to be worth a spin.

Spot 2, if you please.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Just pointing out, your voting for no-one system is functionally identical to the null vote system we had here that used to be used extensively. Perhaps a terminology change just so that we can use the term we were already familiarly with?

I was told that "null" had wildly ambiguous and inconsistent results, so I wanted to play it safe.

Three spots remain.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Just pointing out, your voting for no-one system is functionally identical to the null vote system we had here that used to be used extensively. Perhaps a terminology change just so that we can use the term we were already familiarly with?

I was told that "null" had wildly ambiguous and inconsistent results, so I wanted to play it safe.

Three spots remain.

As long as you define what it is in the first post, you'll be fine.