Tahu Master Of Fire Trailer (Stop-Motion Edition)

Hey guys,

Awhile back I made this Tahu, Master of Fire trailer. Since Lego made all of the new Bionicle trailers in flash animations, I wanted to convert Tahu's into a stop-motion instead.

Just to note: I know this has a lot of mistakes in it, I know there were a few really bad animation spots (like him putting on the mask) and the Photoshop backgrounds weren't exactly the greatest, but please keep in mind this was a first time using a green screen for me in the way that I did, I used a slightly different animation process than I usually do, and I have never tried designing a scene from scratch with Photoshop before.

If ever I do another one of these (Been considering doing Onua or Kopaka), I am going to improve on everything I did in this trailer. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

This is really good. Now I can see why it has 5 up votes. Then again you did basically copy the actual animation near to the letter. I've never done green screen style animation. How did you get the shots where he was flying, jumping, kicking?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 4 weeks later...

This is really good. Now I can see why it has 5 up votes. Then again you did basically copy the actual animation near to the letter. I've never done green screen style animation. How did you get the shots where he was flying, jumping, kicking?

Sorry for the late reply, I am never on here!

I green screened him and he was actually just standing in one spot the entire time, I never actually made Tahu jump or fly. As for kicking, I held him up with supports that I edited out called "Helping Hands". As for the flying and jumping, I made him move and jump and whatnot through After Effects messing around with the Scaling and Position keyframes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah. Well not sure if you are a novice or a seasoned stop motion director but you seemed to do a reasonably good job here. I kind of wish I knew how to do all that in my own stop motion videos. Maybe I wouldn't have so much lighting issues. Mother Nature has been a cruel mistress.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Really liking the animation you did here, seems to flow really well. The backgrounds are fine for a first attempt (better than I could do anyway!) but would love to see you do another one with improved versions. Kopaka would be cool, maybe Pohatu?

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Really liking the animation you did here, seems to flow really well. The backgrounds are fine for a first attempt (better than I could do anyway!) but would love to see you do another one with improved versions. Kopaka would be cool, maybe Pohatu?

I actually have plans for a Kopaka trailer :). Reason it is taking so long is because I am having some hardware/software issues right now and until I get new equipment, won't be able to do the trailer quite yet. But I'm hoping to be working on it by July!