Whose personality do you want expanded upon most?

Cwog

Who deserves more character development?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Previously, I started a poll about which Toa had the best set (http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18251-which-winter-2015-sets-are-best/). Now, I ask you this: whose personality do you want expanded upon most? Out of all our beloved heroes, who do you believe deserves the most fleshing-out of their character? Who has the most potential? I'll list the Toa and their bios according to Bionicle.com, so you know who and what you're voting for.

Tahu:

Tahu is hot-tempered and brave. He likes to excel and thinks of himself as the most heroic of the heroes. His forgetful nature has gotten him into trouble at time, but Tahu seems to be born under a very lucky star, and somehow always come out on top.

Kopaka:

Kopaka is noble and reserved. Upholding his own strict moral code he strives to be perfect and always "do the right thing". A fact that often makes him appear formal and even cold in the eyes of others. Luckily Kopaka's clumsiness and his not too solid direction sense help the other heroes remember that, after all, Kopaka is just a Toa like them.

Onua:

Onua is grounded and wise. He likes to spend his time alone meditating under the stars. Like an underground cave, receptive and silent. And... Snoring! Though Onua rarely says a word, the other heroes have come to respect this sleepy giant. They know that when he speaks, his crude voice caries guidance and wisdom.

Pohatu:

Pohatu is unyielding and fearless. Renowned for his unbreakable stamina, he is arguably the toughest of all the heroes. With firm resolution and mysterious stubbornness Pohatu strides forward as a fearless vanguard leading the way of the heroes. Well almost fearless. Pohatu does NOT like the dark.

Gali:

Gali is friendly and peaceful. But when the situation calls for it, she can be as fierce as a raging ocean. She finds injustice intolerable and always goes out of her way to help the ones who need it. Gali’s mellow ways have made her the most liked among the heroes. She is generous, a good listener and friend. Only one little thing: she just can’t seem to tell a joke right!

Lewa:

Lewa is a true daredevil, a cunning rogue whose foolhardy manners have often gotten him into trouble. His rebel approach is a double-edged sword that the other heroes both love and hate. On one hand, Lewa finds new ways, on the other these ways sometimes lead to new trouble!

I personally that Kopaka wins here. Whether that's me saying that because he really deserves it, because he's so like me, I don't know. What I do know, however, is that someone who appears cold due strong morals doesn't appear in just any story. Normally, you see morally just people as exuberant, and extroverted, not reserved and socially outcast. This is a very good change to gen1 Kopaka's character, in my opinion.

What do you think? Vote and feel free to explain your answer below; I'm looking forward to reading your answers!

Okay, maybe I should point this out. The poll serves as a sort of record, but the answers could really be interesting if you fleshed them out in the comments. I see two people want Lewa's personality to be expanded on... would either of you care to explain why?

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I want to see more of Pohatu. He hasn't said much...like, even for non-Tahu characters, his contributions have been really small. I guess his actions speak loud enough, but, still, I want to see more of him.

We really haven't seen much of anyone yet, to be honest. Hopefully everyone gets some... uh... "screentime" with the new books coming out.

Based on what we have seen of the Toa so far, I went with Pohatu. I really like his more serious attitude, which kind of gives him a 'Batman-like' feel. And I like characters that are dark and mysterious, which is why I think it would be great to have his character expanded upon. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, I think Pohatu is less of the "serious guy" and more of the "stubborn guy". He wanted to get his objective complete, earlier being getting his Mask, then going to the ancient city and finding Ekimu. The other Toa were interfering with that slightly by bickering in episode 7, then he notices the LoSS. I personally believe that every Toa deserves more fleshing-out of their character (I also think that Kopaka deserves the most, but that's beside the point).

This is quite a difficult choice for me, since each character has different intriguing nuances which could be expanded upon. I took the easy way out and nulled - I think everyone should be developed equally, and thus everyone but Tahu needs more characterization. It's kind of annoying that every episode focuses on him... I guess it makes sense, with such short episodes, to follow a single character so that at least someone is described in detail every step of the way. But even so it is irritating, and I have my fingers crossed for more balanced characterization in the future.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Onua just because it says he doesn't speak often, but the others respect his words when he does speak and I would likek to know more about his thought process and such. Plus he just looks super cool and we know little of his personality

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Pohatu, of course. The new Batman deserves something special.

I was surprised to see he got the most votes, so far.

I am too actually. I'm tempted to say he's my 2nd choice just to follow the crowd, but I am curious now since there are so many votes for him

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica